First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OU Board of Regents to consider adjustments to coaches salaries, new hires

The OU Board of Regents will consider funding for adjustments to coaches salaries and new hires during its meeting Tuesday.

The regents meeting agenda details an annual review of compensation and contract of employment for OU softball coach Patty Gasso, women’s gymnastics coach K.J. Kindler, baseball coach Skip Johnson and men’s gymnastics coach Mark Williams.

Regents will also consider any necessary adjustments needed to the contracts of OU soccer coach Mark Carr, women’s tennis coach Audra Cohen, men’s tennis coach Nicholas Crowell, women’s golf coach Veronique Drouin-Luttrell, volleyball coach Lindsey Gray-Walton, men’s golf coach Ryan Hybl, wrestling coach Lou Rosseli and number of assistant coaches, and trainers.

The proposed annual salary of $215,000 will be considered for Leah Beasley who was hired as Executive Associate Athletic Director on April 21. Matt Brady, who was hired as an assistant coach on OU basketball coach Porter Moser’s staff on June 4, will also have his contract considered.

Another proposed item on the agenda includes a sculpture honoring former OU football player and coach John Blake. Blake coached the Sooners from 1996-98 finishing with a 12-22 record and played nose guard under coach Barry Switzer from 1979-82. Blake died in 2020 at the age of 59.

The regents’ public meeting is at 4:30 p.m. on June 21 in the Bird Library Auditorium of the OU Health Sciences Center. The first executive session meets in the same room at 8 a.m. on June 21 and 8 a.m. on June 22.

https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-bo...e89ccadeb.html

a sculpture for blake? ygbsm....

Comment

With the way Blake left, and his behavior afterward, anything honoring him would be ridiculous. And that's not even taking his head coaching performance into account.

Comment

Will his sculpture be him shredding recruiting reports or him directing players to stand on a numbered Twister mat?

Comment

Why not a bourbon distillery in honor of Schnellenberger?

Comment

The Blake stuff can't be real. I'm pretty sure they got the former African American player part correct, but it ain't Blake.

Comment

Really John Blake that is just fucking stupid....

Comment

Comment

Angry shitbird fans finally getting their way. Boo Blake getting a statue for his National Championship in 2000 where that mean ole Stoops hogged all the credit.

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post
                    Angry shitbird fans finally getting their way. Boo Blake getting a statue for his National Championship in 2000 where that mean ole Stoops hogged all the credit.
                    To be fair, it doesn't say statue it says sculpture, which could me a bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

he was a bust...so a bust might be fitting....altho a bobblehead would probably be more fitting...

Comment

Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

he was a bust...so a bust might be fitting....altho a bobblehead would probably be more fitting...
                        That's what I was thinking when I posted that.

Comment

If they vote for a bust for Blake might has well give every player that ever started a game for OU a bust.

Comment

John Blake had the worst winning percentage in OU history (other than Jack Harts who went 0-1) and somehow that deserves a sculpture? If they were going to do that, they should've announced it in February. It might have at least made a little sense then.

Comment

In a hundred years can we destroy his sculpture because of woke and stuff?

Comment

Great… so his bitch tits get a statue… what’s the world coming to?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Highfligher View Post
                                  With the way Blake left, and his behavior afterward, anything honoring him would be ridiculous. And that's not even taking his head coaching performance into account.

Comment

A sculpture for Boo..
                                    ? FFS.. for what fkkg reason..?

Wait.. will it be a Twister Pad..?.. cause I'd be down with that!

Comment

Originally posted by Bitchfighter View Post
                                      Why not a bourbon distillery in honor of Schnellenberger?
                                      We could do a vineyard for Blake...

One of his favorite sayings was "Stomp grapes...make sweet wine".

He was always good to use it when it made absolutely no sense.

Comment

Comment

I think you guys are being too hard on John Blake. He was a very inventive coach. He ran the wishbone, an empty set, the I, a pro set and the shotgun. Granted, he ran them all in one series but still very inventive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

We could do a vineyard for Blake...

One of his favorite sayings was "Stomp grapes...make sweet wine".

He was always good to use it when it made absolutely no sense.
                                            Sweet wine. Ugh.

Comment

Where's Gary Gibbs sculpture? Way more deserving than Blake.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
                                                Id bet dollsrs to donuts that it has something to do with race. OU is a fully cucked university that is 100% dedicated to the retarded, regressive, and openly racist narratives of the woke crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery Pete View Post
                                                  I think you guys are being too hard on John Blake. He was a very inventive coach. He ran the wishbone, an empty set, the I, a pro set and the shotgun. Granted, he ran them all in one series but still very inventive.
                                                  Blake was a good guy. He was always willing to give any of his players a shot to be QB or kicker. How many other coaches out there would do that for their team? Just sayin..

Comment

blake should not get any sculpture . he was a negative impact on the program , big time.

Comment

Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post

Id bet dollsrs to donuts that it has something to do with race. OU is a fully cucked university that is 100% dedicated to the retarded, regressive, and openly racist narratives of the woke crowd.
                                                      Meh, if displaying a "sculpture" of the dumbest head coach in the history of the game and the worst head coach in the history of the school gets us croots just because he was a Black guy....

I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

Meh, if displaying a "sculpture" of the dumbest head coach in the history of the game and the worst head coach in the history of the school gets us croots just because he was a Black guy....

I'm all for it.
                                                        Why not do something for Prentice Gautt instead? I know the Academic Center is named after him, but why not a sculpture or bust outside the stadium? Plaque? Fresco? Modern interpretive dance team working in shifts? Blake doesnt deserve anything.
                                                        Last edited by BirtDurglar; 06-23-2022, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Blake left in a juvenile manner. People get let go all the time, even people who were successful. He wasn't even close. He should have sucked it up, been thankful for the cash he made being waaaaayyyyy underqualified to get the job in the first place, and moved on. Instead...

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
                                                            My recollection (could be wrong) Gary Gibbs was Mr. Discipline who prevented us from going the way of SMU and the "death penalty". Fun Fact: Gary Gibbs is now a defensive contributor at Okie St.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                            X
                                                            UA-124223861-1