Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arch Manning to Texas

Originally posted by Dr. X View Post
    Let's say he goes to Texas, puts up big numbers (mostly against scrubs) never sniffs a conference title or natty, he's still gonna be Arch "Golden Child" Manning. Every defeat will be blamed on Sark (or whoever replaces him next year) and his flaws will be minimized as being the fault of a "poor supporting class" or system. Then he'll probably look good in his pro day and combine, and be a first-round QB.

BUT, even in the extremely unlikely event that UT abandons its entitled pussified culture and actually starts winning, then Arch becomes the savior of UT. He can't lose. Even if he loses, he wins.
    Looks like Arch agrees with me. Awesome!

Goddam, I haven't been this excited about a UT recruit since Chrissy Simms!

This truly is put up or shut up time for the shorthorns and Sark.

Comment

Wow, he actually committed to them. I look forward to beating him.

Comment

You have to wonder what position this puts Ewers in as of right now. Does he just think, "oh, I'll portal out if I lose out to Arch in 2023?" They just got him from Ohio State.

Comment

Now that the 600-lb. gorilla is in the UT QB room, which of Hudson Card (last season's backup to Casey Thompson), Quinn Ewers and Maalik Murphy (freshman recruit out of Inglewood, CA) leaves first?

Comment

Ewers can't portal out without missing a year, right?

Comment

He must really like the free weed that Texas has provided over the years or perhaps he likes all of the gay bars there or perhaps both.

Comment

I’m just glad he picked Texas and not Georgia. With us taking Eli Holstein there was no way he was coming to Bama.

Sidelines - Bama
                @SSN_Alabama
                ·
                Follow

List of QBs that Bama commit Eli Holstein tested better than at the Elite 11: • Justin Fields • Marcus Mariota • Tua Tagovailoa • Trevor Lawrence • Mac Jones • Jalen Hurts

Comment

Imagine what UT is going to spend on payroll if they have 30+ million per class. Going to be 100+ million in a few years.

Comment

It’s just my guess but once he arrives in Austin it won’t be long before he’s known as Arch Mehnning.

Comment

Wonder what the other 5 stars that are there think?-----As if I care

Comment

Have to chuckle at some of the jabs at Arch and Texas because of his commitment. OU certainly wouldn't have told Arch, they didn't want or need him, we'd be thrilled if he were to sign with us.
                        I'm all OU for over 60 years but realize jealousy and hate run deep on these boards towards Texas which is OK by me. Just keep it in perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by 61Sooner View Post
                          Have to chuckle at some of the jabs at Arch and Texas because of his commitment. OU certainly wouldn't have told Arch, they didn't want or need him, we'd be thrilled if he were to sign with us.
                          I'm all OU for over 60 years but realize jealousy and hate run deep on these boards towards Texas which is OK by me. Just keep it in perspective.
                          F off. Why ruin our joy. What an ass

Comment

This is DB, sorry.

Also, OU has a 5* QB for 2023.

Comment

As a message board poster, my qualifications cannot be questioned. I am literally always right.
                              My sources tell me this is where Brent,Patty,Porter,Skip.....go to get their questions answered.

Comment

So according to 247, there's only been 3 QBs ever given a perfect grade by them, and now UT has two of those three both in the same room with Ewers and Manning? Vince Young was the other, btw. But it's going to be fun watching them screw this up.

Comment

Austin is now a transgender-bender wasteland. He'll be gone.

Comment

I wouldn't write Ewers' eulogy yet. Arch is a good QB playing against pretty bad comp (from the highlights I saw), but he also seems pretty maxed out without the physical gifts you'd expect from one of the greatest prospects ever.

Nice kid, good QB, it appears they kept a good head on his shoulders but I just don't see a program changing talent, not that the hype is his fault.

Comment

Originally posted by 5thWave View Post
                                      Ewers can't portal out without missing a year, right?
                                      Most likely Manning will sit for a year behind Ewers final year as a junior.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBeachBum68 View Post
                                        I’m just glad he picked Texas and not Georgia. With us taking Eli Holstein there was no way he was coming to Bama.

Sidelines - Bama
                                        @SSN_Alabama
                                        ·
                                        Follow

List of QBs that Bama commit Eli Holstein tested better than at the Elite 11: • Justin Fields • Marcus Mariota • Tua Tagovailoa • Trevor Lawrence • Mac Jones • Jalen Hurts

Bama lost out on him but no doubt they would have taken him if he wanted. No need to try and spin it.

Comment

Originally posted by Soonirvana View Post

That's a wholesale change in approach for top prospects these days. Almost all of them go where they can play NOW! If it is to get more experience over 4 years or to get enough to get drafted early, they want to play. He may stay for 2 years backing up Ewers, or he may have the confidence that he can beat him out, injury, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Soonirvana View Post

So, will Ewers be a freshman or a sophomore this year ('22)?

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerMagick View Post

So, will Ewers be a freshman or a sophomore this year ('22)?
                                              '21 was his freshman year at Ohio State, so he'll be sophomore this year.

Comment

Good for UT ! Manning might be able to get them to a winning season and a bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by soonergrad View Post

I would be surprised if Arch leaves college early, as nobody in his family has done that before him. It's not like they need the money.
                                                  Can you just go be a whorngrad now so you'll leave us alone with your sec knob slobbering?

Comment

Kid better be able to run better than his uncle, or Brent V and that future defense gonna break it off in his ass like Chrissy back in the day. Texas...what a poor choice. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Shitbird View Post
                                                      You gotta figure young Arch has heard a lot about what to do from the family and the biggest influences in his life when it concerns football matters would be his uncles.

What might Peyton and Eli have told young Arch?

I think they told him it doesn't matter which college he chooses, just play football like he knows how and have fun, don't worry about the rest because his name is Manning and that will be worth something after college.

If so, he is not worried about getting a ring, QB development or how far his parents will have to travel to see him play much as he wants to go someplace with a great party scene.

Austin probably beats Tuscaloosa all to heck.
                                                      Only to those of your ilk and persuasion. I'd rather live in Bowlegs or Gotebo than the reeking cesspool that Austin, TX, has become.

Comment

Originally posted by busters444 View Post
                                                        Kid better be able to run better than his uncle, or Brent V and that future defense gonna break it off in his ass like Chrissy back in the day. Texas...what a poor choice. Wow.
                                                        Who's gonna step up and be the next Superman and stuff ol' Arch in the endzone?

Comment

Maalik Murphy is the one I'd worry about transferring.

Comment

Should have gone to Mississippi

Comment

Originally posted by ab5sr View Post
                                                              Should have gone to Mississippi
                                                              Yep. Oxford, MS >>>>>>>>>>> Austin, TX. In every conceivable way.

Comment

Is anyone afraid ?

Comment

LOL... Kansas doesn't stand a chance now.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerMagick View Post
                                                                    You have to wonder what position this puts Ewers in as of right now. Does he just think, "oh, I'll portal out if I lose out to Arch in 2023?" They just got him from Ohio State.
                                                                    And he will have to sit out a full season on that second transfer. He should have stayed at Southlake and graduated with his class.

Comment

Originally posted by OU Sam View Post
                                                                      If I was a head coach I wouldn't want him. I'm sure he is a good kid and football player but having his famous family around all the time telling you how to run your program wouldn't be fun.
                                                                      On one side, the Manning Family. On the other side, the Texas Boosters. Stuck in the middle, Sark and his beer.

Comment

I have in my possession, the 2000 Sporting News pre-season mag. We've been through this type thing before

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

Who's gonna step up and be the next Superman and stuff ol' Arch in the endzone?
                                                                          I’m going with Booky

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post
                                                                            So according to 247, there's only been 3 QBs ever given a perfect grade by them, and now UT has two of those three both in the same room with Ewers and Manning? Vince Young was the other, btw. But it's going to be fun watching them screw this up.
                                                                            Their players are always overrated, so watching them fail is inevitable.

Manning is 5 star only because of his name. He’s a good QB but he’s already overrated. Sark is gonna be drinking heavily from failed expectations on his team and his QB.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by MichSooner View Post

On one side, the Manning Family. On the other side, the Texas Boosters. Stuck in the middle, Sark and his beer.
                                                                              Beer? He’s a southern comfort man. Whiskey business.

Comment

#40
                                                                                To me... it only stands to reason that a kid named "Arch" should go to your rival.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  I think alot of it is the texas fans hyping things up every year and telling OU fans and everyone else how great they are.

Maybe a very small part of it is jealousy just for the fact that Texas can suck for a decade and still land multiple 5 star recruits, while OU has been way better usually with less amounts of ballyhoo'd talent

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Imagine what the payroll is going to look like at some of these programs if each class takes 20+ million in NIL deals per year to stay around. 100+ million $ payroll is very possible in the near future. Teams with 20+ five star players, almost no 3 star players.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post
                                                                                      To me... it only stands to reason that a kid named "Arch" should go to your rival.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by busters444 View Post
                                                                                        He's elusive...

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

He's elusive...

Against that defense he couldn't find anyone open downfield?

Yeah, he hasn't faced good competition, but scouts apparently love him, he's had excellent unofficial coaching, he moves well (supposedly 4.65 in the 40), and he has the measureables. After a RS year learning competetive football, he could be a darn good QB.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I disagree. I feel about the same as I did when Chris Simms committed to Texas. I am much more concerned about Texas getting 3 top linebackers and D linemen and O linemen that a single QB. Time will tell, but I predict he will not have a dominant college career.

I don't see elite athletic ability. I would be much more concerned if they had a Vince Young type athlete coming in to play QB.

Honestly, it has zero to do with jealousy for me. I am not convinced he is going to be the next hall of fame QB plus, guys like Major Applewhite and Colt McCoy always worried me more in the Texas game than a Chris Simms or Arch Manning type. Those local Texas kids, that play for the love of the state and university elevate the team oftentimes.

I think OU can do better honestly.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Well I, for one, am glad Chrissy Simms signed with Texas all those years ago. Seems pretty close to the same situation today. Glad both didn’t sign with OU.

Comment

#48

Looks like Arch agrees with me. Awesome!

Goddam, I haven't been this excited about a UT recruit since Chrissy Simms!

Dear asshole… read the rules! Start a new goddamn thread! Copy/Paste and Quote yourself in the new thread. Valid point or not

Comment

#49

Could have sworn Mr. Griffin was out of eligibility. But, with all the new transfer rules, I can't keep up. Still, I predict Archie Griffin never plays a down for the horns.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Jackson Arnold > Arch Manning. A number of what we now call metrics support this claim, but cinching it is this: Arnold's first name is Jackson; Manning's is Arch. Seriously, "Arch?" What the hell kinda' name is that? "Arch" is an adjective ("he had an arch attitude") or a noun, as in a bridge. It would be like naming a kid "Angle" or "Oval." Yeah, I know, he's named for Archie whose name is really Archibald, so why not name him "Ibald?" Seriously, though, the kid can (we say this now) really spin it, on long passes with a high arch.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1