First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the deal with the thread title?

Is there a joke I'm not getting, or did OP have a brain fart?
    Live Free or Die!

Comment

I'm editing this, I see what you're saying now

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
        What is the deal with the thread title?

Is there a joke I'm not getting, or did OP have a brain fart?
        I don't know what could have happened there. It's fixed now.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerMagick View Post

I don't know what could have happened there. It's fixed now.

Looks to me like you had a brain fart there “Arch”.

retarded Thread title was intentional…

Comment

Good thing these Manning guys are good athletes because they sure are a homely lot.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                I believe it; Texas had ZERO players drafted in 2022 and has been an absolute dumpster fire in terms of talent development (last player on offense drafted in 1st round was Vince Young). This is the new reality of college football: Longhorns and Aggies throwing millions at 18 year old kids. I am frankly glad we cannot financially compete with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

Good thing these Manning guys are good athletes because they sure are a homely lot.
                  I got the homely part, but not the good athlete part. Does that make me at least a 3*?

Comment

Originally posted by Free Electron View Post

I believe it; Texas had ZERO players drafted in 2022 and has been an absolute dumpster fire in terms of talent development (last player on offense drafted in 1st round was Vince Young). This is the new reality of college football: Longhorns and Aggies throwing millions at 18 year old kids. I am frankly glad we cannot financially compete with them.
                    Good article about the impact of NIL on non-P5 schools all up and down the spectrum, especially small colleges. https://www.si.com/college/nebraska/...ny-as-it-helps

Comment

Originally posted by sOUltrain View Post

Bama lost out on him but no doubt they would have taken him if he wanted. No need to try and spin it.
                      Yes, we would have. Who wouldn't have? Eli Holstein has the better measurables though and has actually won a state championship in Louisiana. Arch is getting a lot of hype because of his last name only. His film is underwhelming to say the least. With our qb room i'm not so sure Arch would have even ever seen the field.

Comment

Look more like John Elway than any of the Mannings.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Look more like John Elway than any of the Mannings.
                          You're right. Was it The Boz ( can we say "The" Boz anymore? ) that called Elway " horse face"?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBeachBum68 View Post

Yes, we would have. Who wouldn't have? Eli Holstein has the better measurables though and has actually won a state championship in Louisiana. Arch is getting a lot of hype because of his last name only. His film is underwhelming to say the least. With our qb room i'm not so sure Arch would have even ever seen the field.
                            From a purely physical standpoint, I think you're right. As a player, Arch could be incredible or he could be average, just like any other 5-star QB. (It's impossible to say this without sounding like sour grapes, but whatever.) The big value with Arch at this point is the recruiting bump he provides and the social capital that comes along with having a "Manning" at your school. But in the end, he's gonna have to show it on the field. He seems like a good kid, raised well, doesn't have the arrogance you might expect from somebody in his position, so that makes it a bit harder to root for him to fail, but it must be done, anyway.

Alabama doesn't need that recruiting bump nearly as much as Texas and Ole Miss, etc.

Comment

Funny thing is, Arch isn't nearly as goofy-looking as his uncles.

Comment

ArchAnon seems to be trending a bit:

https://twitter.com/mfarrellsports/status/

https://twitter.com/HoneyBoomer69/status/

Comment

$10MM sounds like aggie math. Idk if it’s real, but would be more than any NFL rookie not drafted in the 1st round. Wild.

Comment

Peyton and Eli Manning went to the same high school and played against the same level of competition as Arch. Arch was recruited hard by Keep your politics off the board Streeeter (OC and QB coach) and Dabo Swinney at Clemson, and by Jeff Lebby at Ole Miss. Maybe they never looked at his tape or watched him play...just went by "Manning."

Comment

No doubt the kid is getting some mileage out of the family name--as does any recruit with a famous legacy--but I think the backlash is going overboard. He's clearly talented. All the pieces are in place for a spectacular failure, true, but it's just as likely that he ends up a solid-to-excellent college quarterback.

Comment

Some people say his dad, Cooper, was better than both Peyton and Eli.
                                        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by novasooner View Post
                                          No doubt the kid is getting some mileage out of the family name--as does any recruit with a famous legacy--but I think the backlash is going overboard. He's clearly talented. All the pieces are in place for a spectacular failure, true, but it's just as likely that he ends up a solid-to-excellent college quarterback.
                                          The only 2 games I saw last year was the awful one against a Florida school where he looked terrible. And the playoff game where he looked average. Hard to see a lot in that sample size. But I think most of the backlash is because of how protected he is and isn't doing the camps like everyone else.

Comment

The fact that he’s going to try out Texass first where hype goes to die is perfect. We’ll see how he looks after he leaves Austin in a year or two.

Comment

Sad to say I think he will end up as Chris Simms v2.0 when all is said and done. He's coming along at a bad time with Brent rebuilding our defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Plano78 View Post
                                                Sad to say I think he will end up as Chris Simms v2.0 when all is said and done. He's coming along at a bad time with Brent rebuilding our defense.
                                                Say what you want about Chrissy he won a decent percentage of his games. Arch may win half of his games.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post
                                                  So according to 247, there's only been 3 QBs ever given a perfect grade by them, and now UT has two of those three both in the same room with Ewers and Manning? Vince Young was the other, btw. But it's going to be fun watching them screw this up.
                                                  Originally posted by Jakel View Post
                                                  I've seen his HS tape. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. He may be the most overrated QB coming out of HS in the last 15 years

Jesus... this kid must look absolutely god-like in camps and 7-on-7, because neither his stats nor his tape impresses me. I don't get it. I mean, I do get it... but I don't get it. This is all about clout and media narratives. Some crazy-ass tinfoil hat shit.

Again: If his name was Arch Smith or Arch Jones, he'd be a three-star recruit for Lousiana Tech.

Comment

Wasn’t Cooper a wide receiver?

Comment

I wonder if Peyton's son will have as much hype around him if he plays QB in HS in a couple years. I'm pretty sure he'll be HS age in like 2024 or 2025.

Comment

Who? Cooper himself?

He was a decent receiver but not better than his brothers.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GrimlockOU/status/

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                                            I don't speak twitter, what does this even mean

Comment

Yes, what does that mean?

Comment

I’ve watched his films and I can assure you he is a man among boys….some of them as old as sixth grade.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post

I've always heard he was the most athletic. Not hard to imagine after seeing stone-footed Peyton and slightly more mobile Eli play.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post

Originally posted by CalSOONER View Post

Who? Cooper himself?

He was a decent receiver but not better than his brothers.
                                                                    Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

I've always heard he was the most athletic. Not hard to imagine after seeing stone-footed Peyton and slightly more mobile Eli play.
                                                                    LOL, I've never heard that before, but I guess he was a receiver. All I've ever heard is "Cooper was the best of the Manning brothers", so I assumed he was a QB.
                                                                    Live Free or Die!

Comment

LOL, I've never heard that before, but I guess he was a receiver. All I've ever heard is "Cooper was the best of the Manning brothers", so I assumed he was a QB.
                                                                      Or maybe he's just the least douchey of the bunch. That could be what people mean by "best."

People say the same thing about my brothers and I. For example, "Dr. X is the worst of the entire X family!"

Comment

Originally posted by OUguy1999 View Post

I don't speak twitter, what does this even mean
                                                                        Quick explanation:

Basically, people questioning why he is so highly rated when his film, etc doesn’t justify the ranking.

Comment

Quick explanation:

Basically, people questioning why he is so highly rated when his film, etc doesn’t justify the ranking.
                                                                          Must be a twitter thing because #ArchAnon sounds fucking stupid.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                          X
                                                                          UA-124223861-1