Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaden Rashada gets $8mm for 3 yrs??

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Jaden Rashada gets $8mm for 3 yrs??

    This NIL train is going off the tracks big time. You got a borderline 4/5* QB getting basically low 1st round NFL draft pick money… wth is going on with boosters out there? They gonna need a $50mm annual budget to just field a semi competent roster. Is this why we have been out recruited by almost everybody right now?

    “On Friday, a five-star recruit in the Class of 2023 signed an agreement with a school’s NIL collective that could pay him more than $8 million by the end of his junior year of college, The Athletic has learned. He’ll be paid $350,000 almost immediately, followed by monthly payouts escalating to more than $2 million per year once he begins his college career, in exchange for making public appearances and taking part in social media promotions and other NIL activities “on behalf of (the collective) or a third party.”

    https://theathletic.com/3178558/2022...han-8-million/

    Five-star recruit in Class of 2023 signs agreement with collective that could pay him more than $8 million



    By Stewart Mandel
    Mar 11, 2022





    #2
    Does Miami have the boosters capable to continue throwing that type of money around or did they simply blow their wad on one player?

    Comment


      #3
      I'm not a mind reader but I've been predicting that this would kill cfb as we know it since being on OUI and LT.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by M40 View Post
        Does Miami have the boosters capable to continue throwing that type of money around or did they simply blow their wad on one player?
        They have one big time booster (at least) that I think is on record for saying he is ponying up big $ for this. Ruiz or something maybe? I believe he's some kind of attorney. They've talked about him on the Lehman and Ikard podcast.

        Comment


          #5
          There is more than enough cocaine money to cover that cost.

          Comment


            #6
            This was established a long time ago, it's just now coming to light. Stinky Joe said the "money man" for the "U" is almost as rich as some of the guys here on DB, and that's saying a lot.

            Comment


              #7
              It’s crazy these run down ass schools like Miami can come up with way more money than OU.

              Comment


                #8
                He may get the money, but my guess is that he also gets a target on his back. Opposing players have been known to break legs at the bottom of the pile for years without NIL.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Baer Creighton View Post
                  This was established a long time ago, it's just now coming to light. Stinky Joe said the "money man" for the "U" is almost as rich as some of the guys here on DB, and that's saying a lot.
                  No way he's that rich

                  Comment


                    #10
                    The money that was pouring into programs for upgrades and such will be now given to players. The money will keep that pot going but programs and facilities will be slowing down i bet.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Now literally nothing outside of money is going to matter in recruiting. These kids will not give a shit about history, prestige, tradition, rivalries, education, coaches, fan support, facilities, or anything else. Just who will pay them the most.

                      OU is NOT going to be a winner in this game. Schools like K-State might as well quit.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post
                        Now literally nothing outside of money is going to matter in recruiting. These kids will not give a shit about history, prestige, tradition, rivalries, education, coaches, fan support, facilities, or anything else. Just who will pay them the most.

                        OU is NOT going to be a winner in this game. Schools like K-State might as well quit.
                        I suspect you're right. If Oklahoma decides it will not play this money game, I'm OK with it. I will not have the interest level in CFB that is based on and fueled by NIL.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post
                          Now literally nothing outside of money is going to matter in recruiting. These kids will not give a shit about history, prestige, tradition, rivalries, education, coaches, fan support, facilities, or anything else. Just who will pay them the most.

                          OU is NOT going to be a winner in this game. Schools like K-State might as well quit.
                          KSU is actually having an amazing recruiting season. But I do agree with you.

                          NIL is going to benefit the schools who have alumni willing to pay players. UT and a&m are going to love this new system as they will have a 100 million $ payroll each year.

                          For programs like Florida, OU, Auburn, LSU, Texessee, Miami,etc it will be more interesting to see what happens.


                          The other issue here is USFL and XFL, they are going to pay more than mid level P-5 programs so they will take some of that talent.

                          So For UT, aTm, Georgia, USC, tOSU, etc it will concentrate more talent. The mid/low level P-5 teams, G-5, FCS are completely screwed as they will certainly be the biggest losers here.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            And with no salary cap this will only get worse.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by traxx View Post
                              And with no salary cap this will only get worse.
                              Not really sure it can get much worse than this.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by R.D. Mercer View Post
                                It’s crazy these run down ass schools like Miami can come up with way more money than OU.
                                Miami has the high end drug traffickers and OKC area has meth dealers in trailer parks. They win. Seriously though how did OU get so poor? It seems like OSU even has more money than OU does now.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by LakelandSooner View Post

                                  Miami has the high end drug traffickers and OKC area has meth dealers in trailer parks. They win. Seriously though how did OU get so poor? It seems like OSU even has more money than OU does now.
                                  We can’t the excuse that oil and natural gas are down

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    I've never heard of this Jaden Rashada guy,

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      I've said it on here for years, College football is headed towards a very, very small top tier (possibly smaller than NFL). Followed by a tier that will more closely resemble traditional CF. There's no way for most schools to keep up with the money of the top 10 richest. And it's going to get worse exponentially.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by M40 View Post
                                        Does Miami have the boosters capable to continue throwing that type of money around or did they simply blow their wad on one player?
                                        Tony Montana is a pretty big booster, he doesn't mind blowing his money.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Eh, I'm withholding judgment. Right now boosters are going crazy. But, let's give it a year or two to see what happens when these rosters loaded up with money grabbers start folding midseason like a cheap suit and a lot of these big money guys start realizing they are getting no ROI at all and start pulling back the pocket strings.

                                          Meanwhile programs that are handling this NIL thing much more judiciously and recruiting kids that aren't just chasing that bag will once again be in the right place.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by keef View Post
                                            I've said it on here for years, College football is headed towards a very, very small top tier (possibly smaller than NFL). Followed by a tier that will more closely resemble traditional CF. There's no way for most schools to keep up with the money of the top 10 richest. And it's going to get worse exponentially.
                                            Oh well, I've still have a box of old Sooner games on VHS. So I can still watch them. And then there's Youtube for more past games.

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by Soonirvana View Post

                                              Tony Montana is a pretty big booster, he doesn't mind blowing his money.
                                              His niece Hannah has more money to blow.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

                                                Oh well, I've still have a box of old Sooner games on VHS. So I can still watch them. And then there's Youtube for more past games.
                                                It's the new whacking material for old guys.

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  "Ruiz has said that every NIL deal with any UM player is approved by UM compliance office officials." Oh my, if OU's compliance office must approve OU's NIL deals, OU is screwed?

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    Originally posted by keef View Post
                                                    I've said it on here for years, College football is headed towards a very, very small top tier (possibly smaller than NFL). Followed by a tier that will more closely resemble traditional CF. There's no way for most schools to keep up with the money of the top 10 richest. And it's going to get worse exponentially.
                                                    We're already witnessing a change in college football, but people are willfully ignorant. Last year ranked teams were getting knocked off by unranked opponents every single week. The portal and Nil will destroy a few teams. You need cohesion and development in college football. Watch people shit bricks if Stanford knocks off USC, or Vanderbilt upsets A&M. And I'll be sitting back like Deion singing, ""Must be the money."

                                                    Comment


                                                      #27
                                                      Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post
                                                      Now literally nothing outside of money is going to matter in recruiting. These kids will not give a shit about history, prestige, tradition, rivalries, education, coaches, fan support, facilities, or anything else. Just who will pay them the most.

                                                      OU is NOT going to be a winner in this game. Schools like K-State might as well quit.
                                                      Yeah but manatee will be happy that the poor players aren't quite as oppressed as before. That's what matters.

                                                      Comment


                                                        #28
                                                        Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post
                                                        Now literally nothing outside of money is going to matter in recruiting. These kids will not give a shit about history, prestige, tradition, rivalries, education, coaches, fan support, facilities, or anything else. Just who will pay them the most.

                                                        OU is NOT going to be a winner in this game. Schools like K-State might as well quit.
                                                        Also, the second and third tier schools will be like JUCO. If they have a freshman or sophomore that has a breakout year, they will be enticed by NIL to enter the transfer portal and go to a tier one program.

                                                        Comment


                                                          #29
                                                          Eventually the only way to fight it is if the teams that cant compete money wise refuse to play the big spenders. It wont be an even playing field so why should a team that cant compete play against the paid for semi-pro team. When 90 to 95% of the teams refuse to play, it will die - nobody wants to see 10 teams play each other over and over, year after year. Just my opinion

                                                          Comment


                                                            #30
                                                            Originally posted by Memphi View Post
                                                            Eventually the only way to fight it is if the teams that cant compete money wise refuse to play the big spenders. It wont be an even playing field so why should a team that cant compete play against the paid for semi-pro team. When 90 to 95% of the teams refuse to play, it will die - nobody wants to see 10 teams play each other over and over, year after year. Just my opinion
                                                            10? The way things are looking, NIL wise, it'll be USC, A&M, Texas, and Miami in the college football playoff every year.

                                                            Comment


                                                              #31
                                                              Originally posted by Mindreader101 View Post
                                                              This NIL train is going off the tracks big time. You got a borderline 4/5* QB getting basically low 1st round NFL draft pick money… wth is going on with boosters out there? They gonna need a $50mm annual budget to just field a semi competent roster. Is this why we have been out recruited by almost everybody right now?

                                                              “On Friday, a five-star recruit in the Class of 2023 signed an agreement with a school’s NIL collective that could pay him more than $8 million by the end of his junior year of college, The Athletic has learned. He’ll be paid $350,000 almost immediately, followed by monthly payouts escalating to more than $2 million per year once he begins his college career, in exchange for making public appearances and taking part in social media promotions and other NIL activities “on behalf of (the collective) or a third party.”

                                                              https://theathletic.com/3178558/2022...han-8-million/

                                                              Five-star recruit in Class of 2023 signs agreement with collective that could pay him more than $8 million



                                                              By Stewart Mandel
                                                              Mar 11, 2022



                                                              That report from the Athletic was published on March 11th, and it doesn't name the player or the school.

                                                              Rashada and Ruiz are denying it is him.
                                                              Live Free or Die!

                                                              Comment


                                                                #32
                                                                Originally posted by Soonirvana View Post

                                                                Also, the second and third tier schools will be like JUCO. If they have a freshman or sophomore that has a breakout year, they will be enticed by NIL to enter the transfer portal and go to a tier one program.
                                                                Yup. The have-nots will get one good season at most from the breakout players. Jordan Addison every year.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #33
                                                                  The kicker is going to be not only NIL and scumbag wealthy boosters, but combine that with the "portal". it will become a bidding war at the end of every season to see who can lure these kids from one school to the next. Hell a kid could actually play for 4 different schools in his four years of eligibilty. Shit... slap me for that last comment... Stinky Joe says there are no rules now, the NC2A is dead and CFB as we know it is as well. Well, at least I can still make shine and talk to dogs.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #34
                                                                    https://twitter.com/jadenrashada/sta...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
                                                                    .

                                                                    Somebody help me with the Twitter tags. Each time I do it it works in the preview but when I post it shortens the url thus breaking the link.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #35
                                                                      Lol Miami Ponzi scheme boosters at it again. Hope he cashes the checks before they start bouncing.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #36
                                                                        Originally posted by FoCoSooner View Post
                                                                        …..
                                                                        For programs like Florida, OU, Auburn, LSU, Texessee, Miami,etc it will be more interesting to see what happens.


                                                                        The other issue here is USFL and XFL, they are going to pay more than mid level P-5 programs so they will take some of that talent.

                                                                        So For UT, aTm, Georgia, USC, tOSU, etc it will concentrate more talent. The mid/low level P-5 teams, G-5, FCS are completely screwed as they will certainly be the biggest losers here.
                                                                        Pretty sure LSU will find another low life willing to embezzle from a children’s hospital to buy a football team….there’s a will, there’s a way.

                                                                        Might take two or three of them embezzling from multiple children’s hospitals, ho****e facilities and elderly assisted living facilities…but they’ll get it done.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #37
                                                                          Kid’s “agent” is a high school friend who graduated last year. This is a multifaceted shitshow. The grifters and con men are already descending.

                                                                          Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

                                                                          Pretty sure LSU will find another low life willing to embezzle from a children’s hospital to buy a football team….there’s a will, there’s a way.

                                                                          Might take two or three of them embezzling from multiple children’s hospitals, ho****e facilities and elderly assisted living facilities…but they’ll get it done.
                                                                          Not the hoe facilities. Children’s hospitals are bad enough but that’s where I draw the line.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #38
                                                                            Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post

                                                                            Yup. The have-nots will get one good season at most from the breakout players. Jordan Addison every year.
                                                                            While I agree in general, Addison is not a good example. Pitt won the ACC last year, so isn't a have-not - at least in terms of Addison's tenure. They also reportedly offered as much NIL as any other school to keep him. His QB left in the first round of the NFL draft and both his position coach and OC left for other schools. He had to fear having a down year before his draft year and wanted his best chance of looking good in '22 to keep his stock high. I'm sure Caleb Williams/USC looked as good as any QB+team outside Bama or tOSU to do that, and those schools were already stocked at WR. The 1 free transfer rule was the big factor here, along with the changes at Pitt.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #39
                                                                              Someone needs to do a case study on high school/college athletes receiving millions in NIL money, and going undrafted in the NFL.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Boomer..... View Post
                                                                                https://twitter.com/jadenrashada/sta...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
                                                                                .

                                                                                Somebody help me with the Twitter tags. Each time I do it it works in the preview but when I post it shortens the url thus breaking the link.
                                                                                All you need is the string of digits from the URL: 1541528783240343552

                                                                                Paste that string between the twitter tags:

                                                                                Live Free or Die!

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

                                                                                  All you need is the string of digits from the URL: 1541528783240343552

                                                                                  Paste that string between the twitter tags:

                                                                                  So they paid him more than 8mil?

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

                                                                                    So they paid him more than 8mil?
                                                                                    This is going to become as standard as the sob stories players post when they “de commit” (bitch out) or whenever they decide to transfer or head to the draft.

                                                                                    You don’t have to answer questions that way and it takes the heat off of the program, coaches, etc. the public and media have to just go back to speculation.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      #43
                                                                                      What this tells me is that there’s a new business model that needs exploited…making highlight videos.

                                                                                      People have been making them forever…but the goal was a scholarship. Seems like with so much money on the line, a few ridiculous highlights from a number of well placed angles could be worth millions.

                                                                                      I.e., a couple of coaching buddies at several neighboring schools setting up their guys to make some impressive plays.

                                                                                      It’s a game of inches…a few guys lined up out of position leaves a RB or WR with a whole lot of extra yards because routine tackles are hard when you’re late….etc. A DB and WR that know the pass coming, but it rigged to look contested and look like the WR always comes down with the massively contested passes…yea this would be easy to stage.

                                                                                      A QB (getting a cut) throwing a few well placed INT’s to boost a CB’s stats….and if he knows when to undercut a route because it’s planned, it looks like incredible instincts.

                                                                                      All it takes is a few guys willing to throw a few plays for a cut of the NIL…big business opportunity in these videos.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Soonirvana View Post

                                                                                        Also, the second and third tier schools will be like JUCO. If they have a freshman or sophomore that has a breakout year, they will be enticed by NIL to enter the transfer portal and go to a tier one program.

                                                                                        Yes and the Big12 is about to be a conference of tier 2 or 3 programs. Their best players will be picked over every year by the SEC and other tier one programs.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          #45
                                                                                          Everybody needs to remember that these NIL deals are for name/image/likeness only and can NOT be tied to playing for a specific college.

                                                                                          For example if the Ruiz guy at Miami pays these dudes 10 mil, they can transfer at any time and Ruiz still has to pay them as long as they still make appearances, sign autographs, etc per the other contract rules.

                                                                                          These rich guys are going to get bitten in the ass a few times when they realize that just because they paid a kid millions doesn't mean they are going to necessarily play at that particular school.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by platon20 View Post
                                                                                            Everybody needs to remember that these NIL deals are for name/image/likeness only and can NOT be tied to playing for a specific college.

                                                                                            Comment

                                                                                            Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                            Collapse

                                                                                            Go To Top

                                                                                            Collapse

                                                                                            Working...
                                                                                            X
                                                                                            UA-124223861-1