Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrian Peterson vs Le'Veon Bell in a boxing match(really)

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Adrian Peterson vs Le'Veon Bell in a boxing match(really)

    https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ly-sources-say

    #2
    two former stars - desperate ....

    sad really

    Comment


      #3
      I'd be more interested in watching some dirtburglars boxing matches

      Comment


        #4
        In preparation for the event, Adrian Peterson will father 3 more children.

        Comment


          #5
          What was that show that used to be on TV where athletes and celebrities competed against each other in different contests? That would be a good alternative for him. No point in adding more head blows to himself at this point in life.

          Comment


            #6
            They decided to bring Celebrity Death match to life.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
              What was that show that used to be on TV where athletes and celebrities competed against each other in different contests? That would be a good alternative for him. No point in adding more head blows to himself at this point in life.
              Battle of the Stars?

              Comment


                #8
                30 year old vs 37 year old.

                I guess it will depend on whether AD has a hard head.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Not sure what AD is thinking…Bell is heavier and younger. Same height/reach. Seems like a bad decision….AD better have a notable skills advantage.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by LakelandSooner View Post
                    I'd be more interested in watching some dirtburglars boxing matches
                    YES!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

                      Battle of the Stars?
                      That's it. I seem to remember Tony Dorsett on there a couple of times.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Just JK View Post
                        two former stars - desperate ....

                        sad really
                        Only depressing part is AD, I doubt Bell really needs the money.

                        All NFL rookies need to be trained to properly manage their money, stay away from leaches and hoes.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Peterson gets to use a switch.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by SportyJames View Post
                            Peterson gets to use a switch.
                            well played....

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post

                              That's it. I seem to remember Tony Dorsett on there a couple of times.
                              Greg Pruitt for the win, bitch!

                              Comment


                                #16
                                That's a nice undercard but the main event should be Nick Saban vs Jimbo Fisher. The weigh-in stare down would be worth the price of admission.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

                                  Battle of the Stars?
                                  Superstars...

                                  Was actually a pretty big deal for a few years. Got good ratings.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by Slippery Pete View Post
                                    That's a nice undercard but the main event should be Nick Saban vs Jimbo FisheSab. The weigh-in stare down would be worth the price of admission.
                                    Saban would win that easily. Jimbo can't shut up.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Maybe it’s a different Adrian Peterson?

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by 49cent View Post
                                        Maybe it’s a different Adrian Peterson?
                                        A look at where all-time NCAA Division I rushing leader and former Chicago Bears running back Adrian Peterson (no, not that one) is today.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          So this will be PPV (guessing) for $42.50 and I will not be watching...get the final results after the fight on the interwebs, like most. Can AD even fight? This may be embarrassing to a future HOF'er, the NCAA, former OU Sooner, Norman, the State of Oklahoma, the University, mankind, abortion rulings, etc. I am not on board...

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            HVAC sales and service must not be paying the bills.

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by Free Electron View Post

                                              Only depressing part is AD, I doubt Bell really needs the money.

                                              All NFL rookies need to be trained to properly manage their money, stay away from leaches and hoes.
                                              Dave Ramsey has spoke about his time trying to teach NFL players to manage their wealth. The league hired him to help, and let's just say the players didn't appreciate some old white dude telling them how to wisely spend and invest their money. He said it was the most frustrating and truly sad thing he's ever been a part of.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                Dave Ramsey has spoke about his time trying to teach NFL players to manage their wealth. The league hired him to help, and let's just say the players didn't appreciate some old white dude telling them how to wisely spend and invest their money. He said it was the most frustrating and truly sad thing he's ever been a part of.
                                                what? You mean to tell me that Dave Ramsey wouldn't "ok" borrowing money against your very first NFL paycheck to buy a $200k of custom gold chains and jewelry?!

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                  Dave Ramsey has spoke about his time trying to teach NFL players to manage their wealth. The league hired him to help, and let's just say the players didn't appreciate some old white dude telling them how to wisely spend and invest their money. He said it was the most frustrating and truly sad thing he's ever been a part of.
                                                  Sad. But in Dave's eyes, it would be borderline absurd for any rookie to even buy a brand new Honda as a daily driver.

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    There is Gronk, stashing his NFL game checks away, and only living off of endorsement money.as he had no idea how long his career may last. But, Gronk is just another white dude.

                                                    Comment


                                                      #27
                                                      Originally posted by Boomer Sooner View Post

                                                      Sad. But in Dave's eyes, it would be borderline absurd for any rookie to even buy a brand new Honda as a daily driver.
                                                      Not really. His deal is based on income/percentages of income. A guy signs for $10 million guaranteed? I'm pretty sure Dave would be OK with him buying a new Escalade.

                                                      Comment


                                                        #28
                                                        Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post
                                                        There is Gronk, stashing his NFL game checks away, and only living off of endorsement money.as he had no idea how long his career may last. But, Gronk is just another white dude.
                                                        So being smart like Gronk or Boz is racist? Heh.

                                                        Comment


                                                          #29
                                                          Originally posted by ab5sr View Post
                                                          So this will be PPV (guessing) for $42.50 and I will not be watching...get the final results after the fight on the interwebs, like most. Can AD even fight? This may be embarrassing to a future HOF'er, the NCAA, former OU Sooner, Norman, the State of Oklahoma, the University, mankind, abortion rulings, etc. I am not on board...
                                                          I've said it before but there was a group of prominent people in OKC fronted by Kelli Masters who busted their ass to keep this from happening. They Had AD all set with local representation and a long term plan with built in fiscal accountability. AD's mom and step dad were behind that plan.

                                                          Then his dad got out of prison and blew it all up because he had made a deal with Ben Dogra.

                                                          And here we are.

                                                          Comment


                                                            #30
                                                            Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post

                                                            Greg Pruitt for the win, bitch!

                                                            Hilarious. Pruitt against 5 white guys. Steve Garvey came in 2nd. The same Steve Garvey with 83 CAREER stolen bases.

                                                            Comment


                                                              #31
                                                              Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post

                                                              Hilarious. Pruitt against 5 white guys.
                                                              it was part of a decathlon, stupid.

                                                              Comment


                                                                #32
                                                                Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                                Not really. His deal is based on income/percentages of income. A guy signs for $10 million guaranteed? I'm pretty sure Dave would be OK with him buying a new Escalade.
                                                                Well, I was stretching some but he has said numerous times that no one should ever buy a new car unless you have a net worth of $1million, and even then it is supposed to be only be a very small percentage of your net worth. Beyond the third round, rookies are averaging under $3million salary contract with heavy taxes. So his advice would maybe be ok with buying an Escalade, but I would love to be a fly on the wall when someone like Dave gives them this kind of advice for the first time.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #33
                                                                  Originally posted by Boomer Sooner View Post

                                                                  Well, I was stretching some but he has said numerous times that no one should ever buy a new car unless you have a net worth of $1million, and even then it is supposed to be only be a very small percentage of your net worth. Beyond the third round, rookies are averaging under $3million salary contract with heavy taxes. So his advice would maybe be ok with buying an Escalade, but I would love to be a fly on the wall when someone like Dave gives them this kind of advice for the first time.
                                                                  I was listening way back when right after he gave up trying to help them. He was completely dismayed/horrified/sad about their responses and actions. Basically it was kind of a "you can't fix stupid" kind of deal. You combine youth with stupid and add money? Nothing good is gonna happen.

                                                                  It's really just like regular society though, only a lot more money involved. People get a good job, then the first thing they do is go finance a new car or buy a house way beyond their means. A guy finishes law school or medical school and goes and buys a BMW or Mercedes for show. Never mind they've got &100K+ in student loans, maxed credit cards, etc. Some people take loans to start a business and never recover. Some people live their whole lives (farmers would be a good example) borrowing money every year and pray they can make enough next year to pay last year's loan off. Very sad.

                                                                  I would wager that there's not more than 3-4 people who post on this site who are actually debt free. Doesn't matter how much they earn. People earn $100K? They go spend $120K. It's the American way baby...

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #34
                                                                    The league does a better job educating young players on how not to end up broke. Hopefully, they are using these cases as learning opportunities. I cringe every year when I hear “gonna buy my momma a house” from a newly minted millionaire with zero financial skills.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #35
                                                                      Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                                      I was listening way back when right after he gave up trying to help them. He was completely dismayed/horrified/sad about their responses and actions. Basically it was kind of a "you can't fix stupid" kind of deal. You combine youth with stupid and add money? Nothing good is gonna happen.

                                                                      It's really just like regular society though, only a lot more money involved. People get a good job, then the first thing they do is go finance a new car or buy a house way beyond their means. A guy finishes law school or medical school and goes and buys a BMW or Mercedes for show. Never mind they've got &100K+ in student loans, maxed credit cards, etc. Some people take loans to start a business and never recover. Some people live their whole lives (farmers would be a good example) borrowing money every year and pray they can make enough next year to pay last year's loan off. Very sad.

                                                                      I would wager that there's not more than 3-4 people who post on this site who are actually debt free. Doesn't matter how much they earn. People earn $100K? They go spend $120K. It's the American way baby...
                                                                      Very true. I'm just glad I make more money than anyone else on this board.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #36
                                                                        Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                                        I was listening way back when right after he gave up trying to help them. He was completely dismayed/horrified/sad about their responses and actions. Basically it was kind of a "you can't fix stupid" kind of deal. You combine youth with stupid and add money? Nothing good is gonna happen.

                                                                        It's really just like regular society though, only a lot more money involved. People get a good job, then the first thing they do is go finance a new car or buy a house way beyond their means. A guy finishes law school or medical school and goes and buys a BMW or Mercedes for show. Never mind they've got &100K+ in student loans, maxed credit cards, etc. Some people take loans to start a business and never recover. Some people live their whole lives (farmers would be a good example) borrowing money every year and pray they can make enough next year to pay last year's loan off. Very sad.

                                                                        I would wager that there's not more than 3-4 people who post on this site who are actually debt free. Doesn't matter how much they earn. People earn $100K? They go spend $120K. It's the American way baby...
                                                                        .You probable wouldn't wager on me, but everything I own is paid for.100%.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #37
                                                                          Originally posted by Boomer Sooner View Post

                                                                          Very true. I'm just glad I make more money than anyone else on this board.
                                                                          Yeah, me too.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #38
                                                                            Originally posted by ab5sr View Post

                                                                            .You probable wouldn't wager on me, but everything I own is paid for.100%.
                                                                            Good on you. That's one.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #39
                                                                              Only thing i have that isn't paid off is my house. And when that is sold here in the near future the new place will be free and clear. I charge most everything to a credit card during the month and pay off the balance. My 20 yo POS car enjoys the drives. Avg car payment now in the 600+/month range... no thanks on that.

                                                                              We dealt with a few pro athletes back in the 90's and most were more concerned with taking care of their Posse than long term viability. Dumb as a box of rocks in many ways, especially financially. Instant gratification society. One of the best was one guy blew all his money and was broke. Different one did some things and had 3x his invested money, solid balance sheet and monthly income. Not his pro salary, but enough to live comfortably the rest of his life. Guess who was grinding on the other to "help out his bro..." 3x guy told him to F off and should have been smart with his cash. Broke ass called the other a sell out. Thought there was going to be a brawl. The stuff I wish I could have go-pro'd back in the day.

                                                                              Dupree, Peterson, so many others that get duped by "family" advisors who are not in it to benefit the person making the initial $...


                                                                              On the boxing match, my thought was, as someone else sort of alluded

                                                                              Maybe Peterson can "Switch" it up

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                                                I was listening way back when right after he gave up trying to help them. He was completely dismayed/horrified/sad about their responses and actions. Basically it was kind of a "you can't fix stupid" kind of deal. You combine youth with stupid and add money? Nothing good is gonna happen.

                                                                                It's really just like regular society though, only a lot more money involved. People get a good job, then the first thing they do is go finance a new car or buy a house way beyond their means. A guy finishes law school or medical school and goes and buys a BMW or Mercedes for show. Never mind they've got &100K+ in student loans, maxed credit cards, etc. Some people take loans to start a business and never recover. Some people live their whole lives (farmers would be a good example) borrowing money every year and pray they can make enough next year to pay last year's loan off. Very sad.

                                                                                I would wager that there's not more than 3-4 people who post on this site who are actually debt free. Doesn't matter how much they earn. People earn $100K? They go spend $120K. It's the American way baby...
                                                                                Only debt I have is monthly utilities and credit card...which I pay every month. I have one of those Amazon prime cards. I get cash back on everything I buy, so I put everything I can on that card...food, gas, groceries, clothes, you name it. As long as I pay it every month there's no interest. At the end of the year I have enough cash on it I can do all of my Christmas shopping with it. Only catch is the points only work on Amazon...but that's a small price to pay for free Christmas shopping.

                                                                                Paid my house off last year...paid a 30 year note in 12 years. Own 3 pickups...paid cash for the last 2. But I bought a house well below what I could've afforded because I got it for $30K less than what it appraised for, is 5 minutes from work, and 5 minutes to Walmart/Chilis/etc etc.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  #41
                                                                                  I looked it up and apparently AD has -4 million currently in net worth. I didn't know it was that bad.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Sooner Schooner View Post

                                                                                    Only debt I have is monthly utilities and credit card...which I pay every month. I have one of those Amazon prime cards. I get cash back on everything I buy, so I put everything I can on that card...food, gas, groceries, clothes, you name it. As long as I pay it every month there's no interest. At the end of the year I have enough cash on it I can do all of my Christmas shopping with it. Only catch is the points only work on Amazon...but that's a small price to pay for free Christmas shopping.

                                                                                    Paid my house off last year...paid a 30 year note in 12 years. Own 3 pickups...paid cash for the last 2. But I bought a house well below what I could've afforded because I got it for $30K less than what it appraised for, is 5 minutes from work, and 5 minutes to Walmart/Chilis/etc etc.
                                                                                    Good jorb! Monthly utilities is not "debt" it's an expense. Same with credit card usage - as long as you pay it off every month and never pay any interest. Dave Ramsey says nuh uh, but when he's preaching on the radio/TV he's not preaching to you and me. I use two cards every month. One is for airline miles, and the other is for Marriott points. I charge an average of $5-10K per month on them, pay them off every month, and take free vacations or gift people going on honeymoons and the like. When Dave says "no plastic!" he's preaching to the lowest common denominator (most people have serious debt and have no business using plastic). I invest with a Dave Ramsey ELP, and he's good with the way I use my cards.

                                                                                    I've been lambasted on here by a couple people who believe financing shit is just a way of life and I'm an idiot for being debt free. They berate me for investing through a Ramsey ELP and not day trading like they do. I just laugh at these people. Not hah hah though. I laugh as I shake my head thinking "poor, dumb bastard actually believes being in debt is good."

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                                                                                      Monthly utilities is not debt, it's an expense. Same with credit card usage.
                                                                                      unless you're purchasing assets with plastic (line of credit) that don't fully depreciate in the current period.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        #44
                                                                                        i put everything that I can on a Fidelity cc, get 2% back, goes to HSA monthly. Use that for med expenses or prescriptions.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          #45
                                                                                          I don’t owe anyone on this planet one thin dime…neither does my father or grandfather. If you live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            #46
                                                                                            I've been paying cash for vehicles, and would have again but decided to take the 0.0% loan that was offered instead and keep the cash in the market. Plus there wasn't a cash back alternative. It ended up costing me a chunk of change on paper at the moment this was before the market downturn. That is the only debt I have, something I'd normally pay cash, but money was being given away for free in this case.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              #47
                                                                                              I owe a stripper named "diamonds" $100 for the other night. So I'm not totally debt free.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                #48
                                                                                                Looks as if AD has bottomed out. Unless Celebrity Big Brother calls.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  #49
                                                                                                  I sell shine for cash, go to the local broker and trade the cash for maple leafs.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by ab5sr View Post

                                                                                                    .You probable wouldn't wager on me, but everything I own is paid for.100%.
                                                                                                    So when you say “everything I own is paid for” are you including that Safeway shopping cart you put all your stuff in?

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Go To Top

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1