First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 Prospect Cole Adams/Owasso High School

Just read today where he chose the Tide over OU. Kid looks like a burner when he's in open space but I am a bit surprised he ultimately chose to leave the state. Was looking to see if anyone here can give some more insight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBeachBum68 View Post
        Just read today where he chose the Tide over OU. Kid looks like a burner when he's in open space but I am a bit surprised he ultimately chose to leave the state. Was looking to see if anyone here can give some more insight.
        Yes, why, yes I can…however, I’m not much on a pat on the back kinda guysm unless a fine female…but I will oblige.

Comment

Can’t be too surprising with what happened with Josh Jacobs and all that Bama has done lately. Until proven otherwise, Venables is a guy who says all the right things. That’s not going to win every recruiting battle— even for those in your own back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post
            Can’t be too surprising with what happened with Josh Jacobs and all that Bama has done lately. Until proven otherwise, Venables is a guy who says all the right things. That’s not going to win every recruiting battle— even for those in your own back yard.
            Well, he asked, was on, then disappeared.

Wasn’t serious or trolling. Question was answered, ten fold.

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post
              Especially when he doesn't start recruiting those players until 2 months AFTER Bama started...

Comment

Originally posted by soonergrad View Post

Especially when he doesn't start recruiting those players until 2 months AFTER Bama started...
                It’s been said, and done.

It’s not hard, pod.

Comment

Brent's had a lot of shit to do since arriving in Norman. Recruiting Cole Adams wasn't at the top of his priority list.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

Brent's had a lot of shit to do since arriving in Norman. Recruiting Cole Adams wasn't at the top of his priority list.
                    That a low blow? Or an accolade? Just asking for we in the SEC cares..seriously or meh?

Usually, meh. Convince me other wise, AdonjiaAihjlon…

Comment

Originally posted by SEC View Post

Yes, why, yes I can…however, I’m not much on a pat on the back kinda guysm unless a fine female…but I will oblige.
                      You were an Ole Miss fan last week during CWS; what gives. Standard Kentucky basketball, Alabama football and whatever flavor of the month baseball fan? Good news is we own you in softball and will do so in 2 years lmao

Comment

Guess nothing, as usual.

It is what it it is and wouldn’t blame anyone outside the SEC for challenging the SEC(how Fukn stupid would the be)?!?!

anyway, y’all keep playing along and I and many will keep throwing baits and hooking dumbdicks(that’s y’all) and we can even get in to the season…. And Fukn prove it. Like it, bitch like a bitch, or not…

Comment

Originally posted by notlaxtothemax12 View Post

You were an Ole Miss fan last week during CWS; what gives. Standard Kentucky basketball, Alabama football and whatever flavor of the month baseball fan? Good news is we own you in softball and will do so in 2 years lmao
                          Don’t embarrass yerself, gimp.

Comment

That a low blow? Or an accolade? Just asking for we in the SEC cares..seriously or meh?

Usually, meh. Convince me other wise, AdonjiaAihjlon…
                            serious question, you retarded?

Comment

If Brent offered late, Cole Adams wasn't first priority. Perhaps through earlier conversations they sensed he wasn't coming to Norman. We've had multiple in state kids leave and it's never destroyed the program.

Comment

Originally posted by H82Lose View Post

serious question, you retarded?
                                In what way? Why you ask?

Comment

Yeah when Stoops arrived to Norman, the first thing he did was come to Tulsa and work to block all the talent in the area from leaving for Kansas State and Arkansas. That led to us getting Rocky Calmus, among others. Hopefully Brent has prioritized correctly. Time will tell...

Comment

If Brent offered late, Cole Adams wasn't first priority. Perhaps through earlier conversations they sensed he wasn't coming to Norman. We've had multiple in state kids leave and it's never destroyed the program.
                                    Yeah the nineties were glorious with the top in state talent going to Tennessee, Arkansas, Kansas State, etc.

Comment

Yeah the nineties were glorious with the top in state talent going to Tennessee, Arkansas, Kansas State, etc.
                                      Good gawd, you reaching for some drama.

I've not paid attention to recruiting since 1999.

But Teddy Lehman says Adams was a 3* until Saban offered and he then got the perfunctory Bama Star and became a 4*. He thinks Saban offered him to bait Venables into an offer.

And its not a position of need in the 23 recruiting class.

Just my opinion, but there's a lot of good WR's out there. And the 5 stars Riley brought here have not really impressed me. Just another guy to catch passes.

What Stoops taught me is its far far more important about what you do with them once ya get em.

Now, if I'm smokin a brisket, I'd rather start with prime grade rather than choice. But in the end, what's gonna make the biggest difference is how I smoke the brisket.

Last edited by Hermit; 06-30-2022, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Who do we fire for this travesty?
                                        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Couple of predictions for Pettaway recently as Adams trended and committed. You only need so many slot guys. This wouldn’t be a thread if the kid wasn’t from Oklahoma. I don’t know why Tulsa is the land of butthurt prospects every year now, but we’ve been over this a dozen times: if you offer in-state, you have to know he’s an immediate take. Alabama can sling early offers all over Tulsa and if they get into a numbers problem, they won’t hesitate to grayshirt them, something OU doesn’t do even outside the state.

Comment

BV only has x number of scholarships available. Is Cole Adams better in his position than what we have now or what has already committed? Do we have a greater need at other positions? If we can offer a 3* wr or a 3* DL, for example, which do we need more? Would we even be talking about this if the tulsa world had not written a few articles about him?

Comment

The state schools slow played him

Comment

Well, he asked, was on, then disappeared.

Wasn’t serious or trolling. Question was answered, ten fold.
                                                And my post was only further commentary. Meaning, Bama poster was surprised the kid chose Bama over OU. I, on the other hand, am not.

I’d be surprised if Auburn, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Iowa or Oregon swooped him up. The gold standard of the modern day game in Tuscaloosa? Yeah… that’s about as shocking as Adrian Peterson choosing Oklahoma over Texas.

Comment

Anyone remember this thread?

Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                                  At about the 37-minute mark Teddy and Gabe talk about Oklahoma high school players saying things that posters like me have posted about for many years. Having an OU staff who is exceptionally good at identifying which players can be developed into quality players for OU has always been a needed skill for the very best OU football teams.

When it means more players are more likely to sacrifice and step up and provide leadership.
                                                  This indicates that recruiting Oklahoma and locking it down will be a priority for Brent Venables

Live Free or Die!

Comment

Yeah when Stoops arrived to Norman, the first thing he did was come to Tulsa and work to block all the talent in the area from leaving for Kansas State and Arkansas. That led to us getting Rocky Calmus, among others. Hopefully Brent has prioritized correctly. Time will tell...
                                                    Damn...Stoops started recruiting for OU in 1997. That's wild..

Comment

Actually, Excluding OU, Alabama was the only CFP contender who offered this kid ............... there's no UGA, Ohio State, Clemson , et al

https://www.on3.com/db/cole-adams-14...955/interests/

To pretend this is some kind of big loss, is disingenuous

Comment

Originally posted by Hermit View Post
                                                        Actually, Excluding OU, Alabama was the only CFP contender who offered this kid ............... there's no UGA, Ohio State, Clemson , et al

https://www.on3.com/db/cole-adams-14...955/interests/

To pretend this is some kind of big loss, is disingenuous
                                                        And you sourced On3?

Comment

So you’re saying Bob recruited and signed Calmus? Is that what you’re saying?

Comment

Originally posted by AppySooner View Post
                                                            Tulsa is the land of butthurt prospects every year.

Comment

I always look forward to the yearly Tulsa recruit whose going to throw a fit then not pick OU anyways. It’s fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
                                                                BV only has x number of scholarships available. Is Cole Adams better in his position than what we have now or what has already committed? Do we have a greater need at other positions? If we can offer a 3* wr or a 3* DL, for example, which do we need more? Would we even be talking about this if the tulsa world had not written a few articles about him?
                                                                Dline and CB. Build a defense and that's where it starts. I'm worn slick watching shitty defense.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

So you’re saying Bob recruited and signed Calmus? Is that what you’re saying?
                                                                  Obviously! Never mind the fact that he, Sly Likes Big Hairy Cockan, Holleyman, DMac, Josh Norman, Woolfolk, Romero, Trent Smith, & Roy Williams were all there as freshmen in ‘98, by golly, they came because of Bob. Of course, grad’s such a huge OU fan that I’m sure he already knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                                                                    I always look forward to the yearly Tulsa recruit whose going to throw a fit then not pick OU anyways. It’s fun.
                                                                    Looking at his offers, I'd picked Bama also.

Comment

This one is kind of a head scratcher. I know he has some speed, good athlete, but did he take a minute to glance at the roster or what Bama did in the portal? He won’t sniff the field in Tuscaloosa.

Comment

One slot receiver or one player at ANY position won't make or break the program. Fuckin 18 y/o kids that are good at football are the way they are because all the pining and fawning folks like y'all do on the regular.

Let's see what class looks like when it's all said on done before get the pitchforks out. I like BV's approach...I want kids here that want to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                                                                          From what I have read, didn't say anything negative about ou or anyone else. The Tulsa world and people here certainly have, though.

Comment

Looking at his offers, I'd picked Bama also.
                                                                            Of course

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by OrangeBeachBum68 View Post
                                                                              The Bama WR coach has a 10+ year relationship with the HC at Owasso from their days at Tulsa.

We had Cozart down as a commitment. Bama offered the kod around that same time. We went after him after Cozart decommited. We had Adams on campus twice before he took and official to Bama and basically fell in love with the place.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by BobStoopsReal View Post
                                                                                This one is kind of a head scratcher. I know he has some speed, good athlete, but did he take a minute to glance at the roster or what Bama did in the portal? He won’t sniff the field in Tuscaloosa.
                                                                                Seems like his NIL opportunities would be much better if he had signed with Oklahoma.

Every car dealership in Owasso would want him as a spokesperson.

Now, no one will care.
                                                                                Live Free or Die!

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

The Bama WR coach has a 10+ year relationship with the HC at Owasso from their days at Tulsa.

We had Cozart down as a commitment. Bama offered the kod around that same time. We went after him after Cozart decommited. We had Adams on campus twice before he took and official to Bama and basically fell in love with the place.
                                                                                  Blankenship...not the biggest OU fan

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Great. Now everybody knows.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by really View Post

Blankenship...not the biggest OU fan
                                                                                      Maybe not, but the kid's dad is not stupid about this stuff. He's been around HS football as a player, coach, parent for more than 40 years. Blankenship played a role I would expect, but not anywhere near the deciding factor.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Evidently, Riley must’ve figured that was the key formula to winning a national championship…get hired by a blue blood school and start recruiting to said school a year or two before actually showing up to coach there.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          I think Cole Adams will do well at Bama, but number 82 will be just as good.

Comment

#46

Dline and CB. Build a defense and that's where it starts. I'm worn slick watching shitty defense.
                                                                                            This!

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by BobStoopsReal View Post
                                                                                              Jalen Waddle 2.0? We shall see. I’m just surprised that he left the state, given the excitement around your program right now with the coaching change. I figured that Brent would lock down the Tulsa area schools.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by CalSOONER View Post

This!
                                                                                                This ?

Comment

#49

This ?
                                                                                                  Take a break.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Balko View Post

Take a break.
                                                                                                    OK. See you next week…….

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1