Clemson
    Florida State
    North Carolina
    Virginia Tech

Comment

https://twitter.com/BerryTramel/status/

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

That is a really interesting perspective. I have actually enjoyed having WVU in the league and watching them compete. Ironically for the same reasons that guy mentions. I don't really hate them. So, as a result, unless it was going to aversely affect OU it is easy to root for them when they play all the Texas schools, OSU or K-State. Maybe not Kansas because everybody kind of pities Kansas and maybe not ISU because it's really hard to hate ISU. But the rest of them? Go Mountaineers.

WVU is really the perfect team. You can laugh at them because of their stupid looking Davy Crockett looking guy, and the couch burning, and the moonshine drinking and all that. But you can still like 'em.
        I haven't liked them since 1982.

Comment

Originally posted by keef View Post

Yeah it’s going to end up with just a handful of teams playing in an NFL like league and the second tier moving back to a more college like football product. That 1st tier will be making and spending crazy $.

I wonder if the 1st tier fans are intelligent enough to know:

1. they built their programs by beating the 2nd tier for the last 100 years.
          2. that once that split happens, a new pecking order will emerge inside the top tier. I’m sure OU can keep up financially with the others though.
          I agree with your point but I believe OU's leaders and fans will have realistic expectations when 2024 or 2025 arrives and the SEC turns into a NFL type of league.

Instead of winning conference championships, success will be defined by getting into a playoff. If an 8-4 or 9-3 record is good enough to make a playoff run I am okay with that.

Do you think GA fans give a flip about losing to Alabama in their conference championship game? tOSU fans don't seem anxious about USC and ND becoming conference members.

The defeatist attitude you implied in your post is the reason 2nd tier schools don't deserve a seat at the Big Boy table.

Having said that, if Brett Yormark is really that brilliant, I believe there is a pathway for him to turn the WAC 12 into a P3 conference and guaranteeing its champion a playoff birth.

If that doesn't happen, schools like OSU who get left at the alter should create their own league and have their own playoff. I hope schools like North Dakota State and Boise State are allowed a seat at the table regardless of how many cable boxes they bring with them.

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post

Ohio State has played there 16 times.
            Michigan has played there 20 times.
            If you haven't seen them yet it is likely because there is too much to do in Southern California on January 1.
            We always have suite access for the Rose. Watched ou and last year watched LSU play ucla. It would be nice for those Ohio state, Michigan and even notre dame to get a chance to play in SoCal in the fall. We all know the rose bowl on New Year’s Day is always a great game, parade and environment, it will be cool to see some better competition there in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Jett View Post

I agree with your point but I believe OU's leaders and fans will have realistic expectations when 2024 or 2025 arrives and the SEC turns into a NFL type of league.

Instead of winning conference championships, success will be defined by getting into a playoff. If an 8-4 or 9-3 record is good enough to make a playoff run I am okay with that.

Do you think GA fans give a flip about losing to Alabama in their conference championship game? tOSU fans don't seem anxious about USC and ND becoming conference members.

The defeatist attitude you implied in your post is the reason 2nd tier schools don't deserve a seat at the Big Boy table.

Having said that, if Brett Yormark is really that brilliant, I believe there is a pathway for him to turn the WAC 12 into a P3 conference and guaranteeing its champion a playoff birth.

If that doesn't happen, schools like OSU who get left at the alter should create their own league and have their own playoff. I hope schools like North Dakota State and Boise State are allowed a seat at the table regardless of how many cable boxes they bring with them.

If there's 20 or 24 team leagues we will probably have divisional titles as the new conference titles and just win that to get into a playoff. We don't know if that's where it's going yet.

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post
                We're about to kill the golden goose.
                It's about time the Golden Goose in its present form gets euthanized.

Bogus, preseason polls influencing season ending outcomes. Morons, subjectively choosing who plays for a NC. 2nd tier schools playing cream puff schedules and demanding a seat at the table. Thank goodness for cord cutting, playoffs, and NIL.

Comment

That is a really interesting perspective. I have actually enjoyed having WVU in the league and watching them compete. Ironically for the same reasons that guy mentions. I don't really hate them. So, as a result, unless it was going to aversely affect OU it is easy to root for them when they play all the Texas schools, OSU or K-State. Maybe not Kansas because everybody kind of pities Kansas and maybe not ISU because it's really hard to hate ISU. But the rest of them? Go Mountaineers.

WVU is really the perfect team. You can laugh at them because of their stupid looking Davy Crockett looking guy, and the couch burning, and the moonshine drinking and all that. But you can still like 'em.
                  This past season, while riding the shuttle from LNC to stadium area, we got talking to the WV couple behind us. As we got off the bus, one said to the other, "it would be nice if someone would show us around." We took them around campus, into the Reading Room at the library, up to Campus Corner for drinks, through the food truck area north of the stadium, over to the ponies-Boomer and Sooner with the RufNeks, over to Heisman Park and The Pride pregame concert. They were absolutely raving about the friendliness of OU fans and the gameday atmosphere. To top it off, while we were at Heisman Park listening to the Pride, up walks Steve Owens to his statue! He introduced himself to them and posed for pictures! Funny thing was the woman noticed the OU banners that hang from the lamp posts. She asked if they were put up especially for the game. I wanted to say, yes, but told her they were permamently there. Wish I had gotten their names. Turns out they cater the West Virginia high donor pregame dinner-what we call our Sooner Club Tailgate.
                  Last edited by MichSooner; 07-03-2022, 11:48 AM.

Comment

That is a really interesting perspective. I have actually enjoyed having WVU in the league and watching them compete.
                    ha. well, yeah. they beat us when they were independent or Big East. now they can't even beat us in basketball ... on their home court.

[Sooners are 6-4 in the wvu coliseum since 2013.]

Comment

Yeah it’s going to end up with just a handful of teams playing in an NFL like league and the second tier moving back to a more college like football product. That 1st tier will be making and spending crazy $.

I wonder if the 1st tier fans are intelligent enough to know:

1. they built their programs by beating the 2nd tier for the last 100 years.
                      2. that once that split happens, a new pecking order will emerge inside the top tier. I’m sure OU can keep up financially with the others though.

But neither tier will exist in a vacuum, there will be teams coming and going as conditions warrant and nonconference games are still going be against teams that on paper at least are not competitive. Those FCS schools still need the big payday they get for playing a top tier team.

Perhaps the money grabbers of the CFP will seize the opportunity to create and manage (make lotsa money) a separate but almost equal playoff for everyone not in that top tier.

Comment

When it happened 19 years ago I said that WVU was a good cultural fit but geographic absurdities do not make for permanent conferences.

I say the same thing about the new Big 12 with UCF and WVU sitting out there on Islands

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post

"If OU and Texas jump early to the SEC, the Big 12 would get the Sooners’ and Longhorns’ SEC television money until summer 2025."
                          Tramel is incorrect. The XII would not get OU/UT SEC television money. The XII would be able to retain the XII payout but would have no recourse for the SEC funds.
                          Also, it should be noted that the XII contract with FOX and ESPN gives each school half the home games. There are six home games but there includes the PPV game so there are only five games at risk. One year FOX would get three and ESPN two while in the next year FOX would get two and ESPN three games. So there are really only five games that do not belong to ESPN or OU. Could ESPN cut a deal with FOX?

Comment

Comment

One of the XII or the PAC will die.
                              XII has options.
                              ASU/AU/Utah/CU would work well with much less travel than Washington Oregon.
                              But then Washington Oregon Utah Colorado would probably be more profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketCitySooner View Post

One of the XII or the PAC will die.
                                XII has options.
                                ASU/AU/Utah/CU would work well with much less travel than Washington Oregon.
                                But then Washington Oregon Utah Colorado would probably be more profitable.
                                Colorado could get left out if it's only goes up to 16 teams. I'm not sure if Utah gets added either because Utah market is already in the Big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post

Colorado could get left out if it's only goes up to 16 teams. I'm not sure if Utah gets added either because Utah market is already in the Big 12.
                                  While any of those four might work, it will probably come down to which schools would agree to joining the XII.

Comment

While any of those four might work, it will probably come down to which schools would agree to joining the XII.
                                    I'm thinking it'll be the Arizona, Washington, Oregon that would be first come first serve. After that don't know. Notre Dame changes things overall of course because you could see both the SEC and Big 10 at that point want to get western markets in their conferences.

Comment

To be clear: “you” are ok with ou going 8-4 in the sec and “I” have a defeatist attitude? K

Comment

To be clear: “you” are ok with ou going 8-4 in the sec and “I” have a defeatist attitude? K
                                        No shit.

Did that hammerhead really say an 8-4 team or a will GA fans be “OK” with “losing out” perhaps as a one loss team and OSU get there with 8-4 or 9-3?

Jett, you been hiding under a rock?

Contrary to poplar belief, not even an SEC team has not made the playoffs with a 2 loss record. OSU wit 4?

Lose 2? Out. Lose 3-4? Peanut bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Shitbird View Post

But neither tier will exist in a vacuum, there will be teams coming and going as conditions warrant and nonconference games are still going be against teams that on paper at least are not competitive. Those FCS schools still need the big payday they get for playing a top tier team.

Perhaps the money grabbers of the CFP will seize the opportunity to create and manage (make lotsa money) a separate but almost equal playoff for everyone not in that top tier.
                                          If the SEC and B1G grow to 16 or more teams each, there wouldn't be any reason or room on the schedule to play lower tier non-conference games. A schedule could easily be filled by playing non-conference games only between SEC and B1G teams.

A lower tier championship series would be a great idea, IMHO.
                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

Was that a rhetorical question or were you being sarcastic? In a 12 team playoff I don't give a Dayum what OU's record is as long as the get in.

OU would have a much better chance of winning a playoff game coming out of the SEC. Iron sharpens iron.

I believe most Sooner fans are fed up watching an 11-1 OU team from the WAC 12 get embarrassed on the national stage.

Winning all of those WAC 12 Championships were hollow because it did not prepare OU to Legitimately compete on the biggest stage. I don't expect fans of tier two schools to understand that mentality.

As a Cowboy fan, are you proud OSU claimed a 1945 National Championship that rightfully belongs to a service academy?

Comment

Originally posted by SEC View Post

No shit.

Did that hammerhead really say an 8-4 team or a will GA fans be “OK” with “losing out” perhaps as a one loss team and OSU get there with 8-4 or 9-3?

Jett, you been hiding under a rock?

Contrary to poplar belief, not even an SEC team has not made the playoffs with a 2 loss record. OSU wit 4?

Lose 2? Out. Lose 3-4? Peanut bowl.
                                              What's going on Buttermilk? I don't know about you but I am looking forward to OU sharing a pod every year with Georgia and Alabama.

SEC going to a 9 game schedule will generate a lot more interest and prevent certain schools from avoiding each other. Iron sharpens iron.

​​​​​​

Comment

If there's 20 or 24 team leagues we will probably have divisional titles as the new conference titles and just win that to get into a playoff. We don't know if that's where it's going yet.
                                                This is a good point.

And playing on after a division title is a playoff game, whether it will be called that or not. As things are now, conference championship games in the P5 are essentially playoff games by another name.

Winning a conference title with 7 other teams never seemed to bother anyone; even it if meant still being left out of playing for the national title due to the bizarre bowl game setup.

It's just going to take a bit of a shift to realize a future division in a mega-conference is pretty much like we've always had and it will be linked to post-season games that in most seasons would provide a direct path to a national championship.

Comment

Skepticism about more conference realignment

Factors are conspiring against more conference realignment in the immediate future.

Turns out, though, that ND can walk away from its deal with the ACC for a modest price. If the Irish do decide it’s time to join a conference in football, they automatically become the top expansion candidate on every conference’s wish list. Hence the B1G temporarily declining the advances of Oregon and Washington until the conference has more clarity on ND’s intentions.

In the next few weeks, what happens if we wake up to the news that Notre Dame is joining the Big Ten as a full member?

Following last week’s announcement of USC and UCLA making an earth-shattering move to leave the Pac-12 for the Big Ten, talk immediately moved to the possibility of super conferences taking over college football.

I mentioned previously I’m skeptical that major consolidation is coming in the very near future. Here are a few more considerations

As always, ESPN and FOX are running the show.

A new piece in Awful Announcing laid out the manner in which the rival television networks are driving conference realignment behind the scenes. To be fair, that role essentially involves running the numbers on potential additions to leagues – not all that nefarious. The shot callers in conferences and schools can take it from there.

When you’re coming up with your fanciful scenarios for new configurations of teams in different leagues, keep in mind that ESPN and FOX will have a (big) say in how this process shakes out. Importantly, ESPN has all-in contracts with the SEC and ACC; FOX is aligned with the Big Ten via the conference’s primary rights deal and FOX’s majority ownership of the Big Ten Network. Adding the Trojans and Bruins to the B1G’s football programming inventory signifies FOX’s response to Oklahoma and Texas joining the ESPN-aligned SEC and shows FOX clearly intends to make the B1G the cornerstone of its college football package.

Borrowing from Jules Winnfield, you’ve got to appreciate what an explosive element this Notre Dame situation is.

The Fighting Irish reached an agreement with the ACC in 2012 that helped stabilize the wobbly conference. Tying down ND to play five football games against ACC teams every year was considered important to quelling unrest among some of the league’s more valuable programs. On top of that, the contract locked in the Irish to the ACC if they ever chose to join a conference.

Sources: Oregon and Washington have been told by @bigten that it is standing pat for now. Waiting on a decision by Notre Dame.

— Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) July 1, 2022

It could trigger the collapse of the ACC. I say “could” because – returning to an earlier point – ESPN owns the ACC. The Worldwide Leader in Sports is definitely going to try to throw up roadblocks to keep any schools it wants in its fold from defecting to a FOX-owned conference. Note that the ACC has a grant of rights ($) in place through 2036.

The SEC has no reason to rush into anything at this point.

The suggestion that the SEC would have an interest in adding teams from the ACC doesn’t really add up to me. From a defensive perspective, the prospect of the B1G scooping up any ACC schools seems complicated by the aforementioned ESPN factor. The ACC schools that match the B1G’s preferred academic profile don’t necessarily bring much to the table in terms of TV revenue, either:
                                                  • Georgia Tech;
                                                  • North Carolina;
                                                  • Pittsburgh;
                                                  • Virginia; and
                                                  • Duke.

Then there are the downsides for the current SEC members. Why elevate programs like Clemson and Florida State if the B1G isn’t courting them?

As the ACC’s contract with ESPN nears its end point, the SEC picking up a few of its teams might make more sense. But probably not at this particular moment.

https://www.crimsonandcreammachine.c...ten-notre-dame

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post
                                                    Skepticism about more conference realignment

Factors are conspiring against more conference realignment in the immediate future.

Turns out, though, that ND can walk away from its deal with the ACC for a modest price. If the Irish do decide it’s time to join a conference in football, they automatically become the top expansion candidate on every conference’s wish list. Hence the B1G temporarily declining the advances of Oregon and Washington until the conference has more clarity on ND’s intentions.

In the next few weeks, what happens if we wake up to the news that Notre Dame is joining the Big Ten as a full member?

Following last week’s announcement of USC and UCLA making an earth-shattering move to leave the Pac-12 for the Big Ten, talk immediately moved to the possibility of super conferences taking over college football.

I mentioned previously I’m skeptical that major consolidation is coming in the very near future. Here are a few more considerations

As always, ESPN and FOX are running the show.

A new piece in Awful Announcing laid out the manner in which the rival television networks are driving conference realignment behind the scenes. To be fair, that role essentially involves running the numbers on potential additions to leagues – not all that nefarious. The shot callers in conferences and schools can take it from there.

When you’re coming up with your fanciful scenarios for new configurations of teams in different leagues, keep in mind that ESPN and FOX will have a (big) say in how this process shakes out. Importantly, ESPN has all-in contracts with the SEC and ACC; FOX is aligned with the Big Ten via the conference’s primary rights deal and FOX’s majority ownership of the Big Ten Network. Adding the Trojans and Bruins to the B1G’s football programming inventory signifies FOX’s response to Oklahoma and Texas joining the ESPN-aligned SEC and shows FOX clearly intends to make the B1G the cornerstone of its college football package.

Borrowing from Jules Winnfield, you’ve got to appreciate what an explosive element this Notre Dame situation is.

The Fighting Irish reached an agreement with the ACC in 2012 that helped stabilize the wobbly conference. Tying down ND to play five football games against ACC teams every year was considered important to quelling unrest among some of the league’s more valuable programs. On top of that, the contract locked in the Irish to the ACC if they ever chose to join a conference.

Sources: Oregon and Washington have been told by @bigten that it is standing pat for now. Waiting on a decision by Notre Dame.

— Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) July 1, 2022

It could trigger the collapse of the ACC. I say “could” because – returning to an earlier point – ESPN owns the ACC. The Worldwide Leader in Sports is definitely going to try to throw up roadblocks to keep any schools it wants in its fold from defecting to a FOX-owned conference. Note that the ACC has a grant of rights ($) in place through 2036.

The SEC has no reason to rush into anything at this point.

The suggestion that the SEC would have an interest in adding teams from the ACC doesn’t really add up to me. From a defensive perspective, the prospect of the B1G scooping up any ACC schools seems complicated by the aforementioned ESPN factor. The ACC schools that match the B1G’s preferred academic profile don’t necessarily bring much to the table in terms of TV revenue, either:
                                                    • Georgia Tech;
                                                    • North Carolina;
                                                    • Pittsburgh;
                                                    • Virginia; and
                                                    • Duke.

Then there are the downsides for the current SEC members. Why elevate programs like Clemson and Florida State if the B1G isn’t courting them?

As the ACC’s contract with ESPN nears its end point, the SEC picking up a few of its teams might make more sense. But probably not at this particular moment.

https://www.crimsonandcreammachine.c...ten-notre-dame
                                                    Notre Dame may wait till the ACC GOR is up in like a decade for all we know.

Comment

Notre Dame may wait till the ACC GOR is up in like a decade for all we know.
                                                      If ND chooses to go down that road, their path to a playoff spot could be in jeopardy.

Comment

If ND chooses to go down that road, their path to a playoff spot could be in jeopardy.
                                                        Doubtful because there will always be a seat for them anywhere because they are worth a wait.

Comment

Doubtful because there will always be a seat for them anywhere because they are worth a wait.
                                                          Take it fwiw, as message board fodder. I was told otherwise. In the future, ND might not be guaranteed a seat at the playoff table.

As a college football fan, I hope ND makes a Larry Scott mistake and they let their inflated ego cloud their judgement.

Comment

Take it fwiw, as message board fodder. I was told otherwise. In the future, ND might not be guaranteed a seat at the playoff table.

As a college football fan, I hope ND makes a Larry Scott mistake and they let their inflated ego cloud their judgement.
                                                            Again that's message board fodder and not true. ND could join any conference now and probably make more money than it does with just the NBC deal. Even if it joined the Big 12 they would make it to where ND makes the most and keeps it's NBC deal. They would all cater to them. Now it is true that you wouldn't need to see the Big 12 and SEC cater to ND as much to give them the best deal because both of those conferences are about to announce billion dollar deals with their networks most likely. But still nobody adds near as much value as ND does for the conference they are enough to cover several more teams.

Comment

ND, Texas and couple of others are of the very few that can go on their own and be fine..ND doesn't need any conference

Comment

Originally posted by really View Post
                                                                ND, Texas and couple of others are of the very few that can go on their own and be fine..ND doesn't need any conference
                                                                One of the best reasons to insist that only conference champions are eligible for the CFP is that ND would have no choice but to join a conference.
                                                                Why should they be so 'special'?

Comment

Again that's message board fodder and not true. ND could join any conference now and probably make more money than it does with just the NBC deal. Even if it joined the Big 12 they would make it to where ND makes the most and keeps it's NBC deal. They would all cater to them. Now it is true that you wouldn't need to see the Big 12 and SEC cater to ND as much to give them the best deal because both of those conferences are about to announce billion dollar deals with their networks most likely. But still nobody adds near as much value as ND does for the conference they are enough to cover several more teams.
                                                                  You are over inflating ND's influence. If ND believes they can march into the office of B1G and demand concessions, they are as delusional as Texas.

If ND is shut out from a seat at the playoff table their market value will diminish significantly.

According to the latest Supreme Court ruling, B1G and SEC can create their own rules. If ND does not want to play along, they can pound sand.

Imo, if ND is precluded from having a seat at the playoff table, most college football fans wouldn't care less.

ND could always join forces with Stanford to create their own IVY football league and accept a blank check from NBC. Lol
                                                                  Last edited by Jett; 07-04-2022, 03:19 PM.

Comment

You are over inflating ND's influence. If ND believes they can march into the office of B1G and demand concessions, they are as delusional as Texas.
                                                                    No one is as delusional as UT. No one.
                                                                    They even think they're back this year.

Comment

Was that a rhetorical question or were you being sarcastic? In a 12 team playoff I don't give a Dayum what OU's record is as long as the get in.

OU would have a much better chance of winning a playoff game coming out of the SEC. Iron sharpens iron.

I believe most Sooner fans are fed up watching an 11-1 OU team from the WAC 12 get embarrassed on the national stage.

Winning all of those WAC 12 Championships were hollow because it did not prepare OU to Legitimately compete on the biggest stage. I don't expect fans of tier two schools to understand that mentality.

As a Cowboy fan, are you proud OSU claimed a 1945 National Championship that rightfully belongs to a service academy?
                                                                      Ah, you are one of the "it's not our fault we didn't win anything the past 20 years, it's the conference's fault"....LOL.

Imagine Alabama saying that about.....any other team. You need to look in the mirror. What are you going to do if OU doesn't win a title in another 20 years? Who's fault will it be then, Vandy, Ole Miss?

And I've been clear on my stance about Army's 45 title.

Comment

And I've been clear on my stance about Army's 45 title.
                                                                        Humor me.

I am not making excuses. I blame Wallflower and Bobby for conditioning OU fans into believing winning WAC 12 Championships was an accomplishment.

Unlike Barry, Bobby hated the Monster. Barry embraced the limelight. He loved competing on the biggest stage.

I appreciate what Bobby did after Lincoln skipped town. No question, Bobby became Mack Brown lazy in his later years.

Wallflower was willing to throw OU football under the bus to save OSU. Only a moron would have signed a GORs tethering OU to the WAC 12. At least Texas got LHN out of the deal.

Comment

Humor me.

I am not making excuses. I blame Wallflower and Bobby for conditioning OU fans into believing winning WAC 12 Championships was an accomplishment.

Unlike Barry, Bobby hated the Monster. Barry embraced the limelight. He loved competing on the biggest stage.

I appreciate what Bobby did after Lincoln skipped town. No question, Bobby became Mack Brown lazy in his later years.

Wallflower was willing to throw OU football under the bus to save OSU. Only a moron would have signed a GORs tethering OU to the WAC 12. At least Texas got LHN out of the deal.
                                                                          Humouring: That 45 title on the east wall of easy Pickens is a disgrace.

I don’t understand the rest of your ramble.

Comment

Humouring: That 45 title on the east wall of easy Pickens is a disgrace.

I don’t understand the rest of your ramble.
                                                                            You are a fan of a tier 2 school. I am not surprised you couldn't understand my "ramble".

If you want a dose of reality about college football realignment, you should go over to the realignment thread and listen to Joel Klatt's take when he appeared on Cowherd's podcast.

Comment

What's going on Buttermilk? I don't know about you but I am looking forward to OU sharing a pod every year with Georgia and Alabama.

SEC going to a 9 game schedule will generate a lot more interest and prevent certain schools from avoiding each other. Iron sharpens iron.

​​​​​​

Are you now? That’s cool.

No one else in the country would “look forward” to that but I like the spunk. Like a suicide mission many go on and succeed, I don’t understand….but you do you. And while at it, fucking advocate and build that shit…for everyone to see in yer realm. Will be awesome.

Hey man, I’ll chalk it up to a brave, outspoken guysm. Or just a dumbfuck. You’ll fit in both “looking forward” to that for your team.

Anyhow, Cornmeal, you are correct, iron sharpens iron. As well as gets blunted and dulled the fk up. It all depends on where the stones are laid.

Comment

No one is as delusional as UT. No one.
                                                                                A&M fans say hi.
                                                                                Live Free or Die!

Comment

Am I the only one enjoying watching Oregon being told that they are a second tier program?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                                                                                    Am I the only one enjoying watching Oregon being told that they are a second tier program?
                                                                                    SPOILER Wonder what some of their current recuits are thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

A&M fans say hi.
                                                                                      TAMU fans are kind of cute in their delusions.
                                                                                      UT fans are too egotistical to be cute.

Comment

You are a fan of a tier 2 school. I am not surprised you couldn't understand my "ramble".

If you want a dose of reality about college football realignment, you should go over to the realignment thread and listen to Joel Klatt's take when he appeared on Cowherd's podcast.

I’ve spent years on the realignment thread. Are you so dumb that you feel belittling fOSU is the way to get me riled up?

because that’s kinda what I do here too. If YOU go read the realignment thread you’ll find I said OU should move to the sec years and years ago. OU48A can confirm. (He won’t confirm, but he could)

anyway, you go on believing the big 12 conference made you lose all those bowl games and CFP games.

Comment

I’ve spent years on the realignment thread. Are you so dumb that you feel belittling fOSU is the way to get me riled up?

because that’s kinda what I do here too. If YOU go read the realignment thread you’ll find I said OU should move to the sec years and years ago. OU48A can confirm. (He won’t confirm, but he could)

anyway, you go on believing the big 12 conference made you lose all those bowl games and CFP games.
                                                                                          Yes you did say OU should go to the SEC... mostly because of money.

But what should not be lost on any osu fan is how their relevance in the grand scheme of things has significantly fallen. Time will tell on exactly how much but the disparity in money is a major blow to osu.

If Boone Pickens had known what we now know about osu's faith, being the businessman that he was, looking for a strong rate of return, it's at least somewhat doubtful that he would have made all those very large donations to osu football, stayed away from insurance schemes and hedge funds but instead donated his money to osu academic programs which in the long run may have been a much better choice for osu as a university, for its graduates and perhaps even its athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by OU48A View Post

But what should not be lost on any osu fan is how their relevance in the grand scheme of things has significantly fallen. Time will tell on exactly how much but the disparity in money is a major blow to osu.

If Boone Pickens had known what we now know about osu's faith, being the businessman that he was, looking for a strong rate of return, it's at least somewhat doubtful that he would have made all those very large donations to osu football, stayed away from insurance schemes and hedge funds but instead donated his money to osu academic programs which in the long run may have been a much better choice for osu as a university, for its graduates and perhaps even its athletics.
                                                                                            you all act osu is on an island. there are fewer than a dozen teams in college football that are prepared to truly go all in on the new college football set up. Nobody has the money to compete with the very top. OU is somewhere in the 6-9 range and even you all will struggle with the money at the top.

so, if you want to get on your high horse about spending money in the wrong places, please include dozens and dozens of other schools.

But once the top tier has settled down a bit, the 2nd tier of PAC, Big 12 and ACC schools will carve out what they can. Then hopefully they'll have their own little championship and the G5s can have their own and the top tier of maybe two dozen schools can have their own.

Comment

and you said OU should go to the B1G....mostly because of academics.

Comment

you all act osu is on an island. there are fewer than a dozen teams in college football that are prepared to truly go all in on the new college football set up. Nobody has the money to compete with the very top. OU is somewhere in the 6-9 range and even you all will struggle with the money at the top.

so, if you want to get on your high horse about spending money in the wrong places, please include dozens and dozens of other schools.

But once the top tier has settled down a bit, the 2nd tier of PAC, Big 12 and ACC schools will carve out what they can. Then hopefully they'll have their own little championship and the G5s can have their own and the top tier of maybe two dozen schools can have their own.
                                                                                                OU athletics will do well enough on the money as long as oil stays high....OU has more than held its own against Texas who has more money than anyone else.

But having significantly less money keeps athletes from havening as nice of experience. You're much more likely to spend a lot more time on a bus, stay in lower class hotels and not be provided as many services by the university. Less relevance likely means a gradual declined ticket sales and lower donations. It also means lower NIL deals. This is not the best position to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by SEC View Post

Are you now? That’s cool.

No one else in the country would “look forward” to that but I like the spunk. Like a suicide mission many go on and succeed, I don’t understand….but you do you. And while at it, fucking advocate and build that shit…for everyone to see in yer realm. Will be awesome.

Hey man, I’ll chalk it up to a brave, outspoken guysm. Or just a dumbfuck. You’ll fit in both “looking forward” to that for your team.

Anyhow, Cornmeal, you are correct, iron sharpens iron. As well as gets blunted and dulled the fk up. It all depends on where the stones are laid.

Comment

OU athletics will do well enough on the money as long as oil stays high....OU has more than held its own against Texas who has more money than anyone else.

But having significantly less money keeps athletes from havening as nice of experience. You're much more likely to spend a lot more time on a bus, stay in lower class hotels and not be provided as many services by the university. Less relevance likely means a gradual declined ticket sales and lower donations. It also means lower NIL deals. This is not the best position to be in.

It's a brand new world out there with NIL. There's really no way for you to personally know if OU will be able to keep up or not. No offense, but your track record here is spotty, at best, on making the correct call.

And for sure OSU and about 30-40 other P5 teams are totally fucked. Another 20 teams will be fucked when the top of the SEC and B1G are tired of carrying the bottom.

The interesting part will be seeing what all of those teams are going to do. We know the very richest schools are headed toward an NFL style league.

Comment

It's a brand new world out there with NIL. There's really no way for you to personally know if OU will be able to keep up or not. No offense, but your track record here is spotty, at best, on making the correct call.

And for sure OSU and about 30-40 other P5 teams are totally fucked. Another 20 teams will be fucked when the top of the SEC and B1G are tired of carrying the bottom.

The interesting part will be seeing what all of those teams are going to do. We know the very richest schools are headed toward an NFL style league.
                                                                                                      The cool kids are going to have a lot more NIL money than those who are at less relevant locations. OU won't have the most, but still should be competitive.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1