First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quinn Ewers expected to return for RRS

You gotta wonder if Sark is feeling the heat after a 2-2 start.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ma-sources-say

Sark is just mishandling this. Why would you stick Ewers in one of the biggest games knowing the opposing team could possibly injure him again. Thought he had 4-6 weeks to recover.

Comment

That's good. I hope Ewers gets to meet Kanak and Stutsman early and often.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer65 View Post
        Sark is just mishandling this. Why would you stick Ewers in one of the biggest games knowing the opposing team could possibly injure him again. Thought he had 4-6 weeks to recover.
        The right decision has nothing to do with the opponent. He didn’t initially get hurt playing OU. If Ewers is prematurely rushed back just for OU, then Sark is an idiot. This could just be gamesmanship from Texas where they want OU to spend time prepping for Ewers even though they’re pretty sure he won’t be ready to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post
          The right decision has nothing to do with the opponent. He didn’t initially get hurt playing OU. If Ewers is prematurely rushed back just for OU, then Sark is an idiot. This could just be gamesmanship from Texas where they want OU to spend time prepping for Ewers even though they’re pretty sure he won’t be ready to play.
          Is there that much difference between the two? I'm mean it's not like one is Michael Vick and one is Peyton Manning.

Comment

I hope Sam Bradford attends the game and Reggie grimes plants Ewers on his shoulder on the first snap, ending his season. Yeah, I said it.

Comment

If Ewers is not a running QB, then his return is to OU’s advantage…..

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer65 View Post
                Within a week or two of the Bama game, they were already implying he'd probably be back for the game because he was healing faster than expected. .

Comment

Obviously their call, but I don’t get rushing back a freshman QB during a 2-2 season.

Comment

Nobody knows how much he’s healed besides Quinn and the medical staff, but I’m sure there will be 11 guys who will be willing to confirm or deny that assessment at the first opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Burglekutt View Post
                      Obviously their call, but I don’t get rushing back a freshman QB during a 2-2 season.
                      Trying to keep it from becoming 2-10.

Comment

Why risk long term injury when they could find an economics professor to carve up this defense?

Comment

That was already known several weeks ago. OU leads the nation in that happening for 40+ years. It's a statistical fact.

Comment

They will have to give away tickets for people to attend this year

Comment

Texas 59
                              OU 24

Comment

Originally posted by bakerjrb View Post
                                If Ewers is not a running QB, then his return is to OU’s advantage…..
                                If Ewers is not a running or passing QB, then I think we have a chance.

Comment

Card is having a great tune-up versus West Virginia, 274 yards passing and 3 TD's and lots of time remaining.

I can't see Sark starting Ewers who hasn't played since being injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip View Post

If Ewers is not a running or passing QB, then I think we have a chance.
                                    Hopefully he's not a handoff QB either. We need to play them do-nothing QBs.

Comment

It doesn’t matter

Comment

Will Worthy have over 300 receiving yards or less than 300 receiving yards? Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lout View Post

Within a week or two of the Bama game, they were already implying he'd probably be back for the game because he was healing faster than expected. .
                                          Probably all that kombucha he drinks.

Comment

Please tell me something I didn’t know 3 weeks ago…

Comment

Ewers will either throw for 450+ yards or he will be abused by an OU defense that wants to show pride during a rivalry game.

I see no in between. Texas in a route or Oklahoma in a slugfest.

Comment

Originally posted by AppySooner View Post
                                                It doesn’t matter
                                                Exactly.....we've had a helluva run since 99. But we are going to take several more assrapings this year because we are essentially starting over on defense it appears. Going to be extremely tough to watch and stomach.

Comment

I haven’t read but I wouldn’t think, thus far at least, this news would be beneficial….

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                  X
                                                  UA-124223861-1