First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Way To Sugarcoat This

This is an abysmal day for OU football. This looks like a 90's OU team.

Only thing I'll say is, use this opportunity to burn this whole fucking thing down and rebuild from scratch. Burn this whole motherfucking thing to the ground.

Yeah its bad. Every position group bad. I have faith they will turn it around. Just not this year.
    i was talking to my brother. I wished they would at least out in the freshman qb.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMacSooner View Post
      Yeah its bad. Every position group bad. I have faith they will turn it around. Just not this year.
      i was talking to my brother. I wished they would at least out in the freshman qb.
      It’s pointless to redshirt or hold back anybody. Beville doesn’t even belong on the three deep, let alone as the backup. Our starter is an average player. We’re fucked without him. The rest of this team is NOT handling adversity well. They’re falling apart. This reminds me of the 2005 team getting throttled by UCLA and Texas. At least that team had some promise. This one looks like the only bright spots will graduate, declare for the draft or transfer at year’s end.

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post

It’s pointless to redshirt or hold back anybody. Beville doesn’t even belong on the three deep, let alone as the backup. Our starter is an average player. We’re fucked without him. The rest of this team is NOT handling adversity well. They’re falling apart. This reminds me of the 2005 team getting throttled by UCLA and Texas. At least that team had some promise. This one looks like the only bright spots will graduate, declare for the draft or transfer at year’s end.
        I agree. According to Brent, Kanak doesn't know what he's doing yet, but if the guys currently on the field do, then I'd rather have a guy who is consciously incompetent but balling out than guys who can't cover or tackle.

On offense, the same thing needs to happen. Get the young guys in there and build experience. Let's see what Evers can do at QB. No sense in recruiting a good QB so he can sit on the bench and transfer because Arnold is coming in next year.

Venables said the players 'bought in' prior to the season starting, but now fans are going to need a reason to 'buy in' before a large swath of refunds are requested.

I'm pulling for Brent and believe he's a good coach, but he will have to show he has what it takes to run a program at this level with OU's expectations.

Comment

Unless we somehow beat FUtexass I have doubts we'll be favored in any of our remaining games. Never thought something like this would happen.

Comment

I think my Saturdays just freed up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post
              Mine too! Hunting is going to be LIT this year!

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post

It’s pointless to redshirt or hold back anybody. Beville doesn’t even belong on the three deep, let alone as the backup. Our starter is an average player. We’re fucked without him. d.
                I disagree with you on this, he's below average.

Comment

In 2005, after losing to TCU, and getting embarrassed by UCLA & Texas, Stoops stopped turning to vets and started putting young guys out there to see what they could do. The young guys he played formed the backbone of our 2008 team that reached the national championship game.

Time to open up every position. ALL of them.

Comment

Welp…bye. We’ll miss you two

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post
                      I've been waiting for a good opportunity to break away actually.

This product is not worth my time....especially as I get older and Saturday's become so important for travel, hobbies, and family.

Comment

Weird effect when I realized this will be a down year. I was going to watch the BU vs Pokes game with interest and now I really don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

I disagree with you on this, he's below average.
                          Please keep your politics to yourself. Lol Sooner fans were sold a bill of goods. This Crap show we saw today reminds me of JB's days.

Over the years, I always thought a day like this could happen. That's why I would battle back and forth with Boots. Better than most attitude was a slow spreading cancer that has finally metastasized.

It's time to remove the cancer and star over.

Comment

Originally posted by Jett View Post

It's time to remove the cancer and star over.

Didn't we allegedly just do that?

Live Free or Die!

Comment

Venables will have a lot of questions to answer. Hopefully we stay patient with him, but a drubbing like this against Texis will have the entire fan base seething. Yea, we’ve been spoiled for 20+ years, but this is unacceptable. The good news is we really gotta try hard to play worse.

Comment

I said this team would go 8-4 or 7-5 before the first game. I’m not sure this team will win another game. I love being right…I’ll say 5-7 now…..

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

No. He was the symptom. The cause started long before he arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by No19Sooner View Post
                                    I said this team would go 8-4 or 7-5 before the first game. I’m not sure this team will win another game. I love being right…I’ll say 5-7 now…..
                                    You’ve been saying that for 10 years. You’ve never been right.

Comment

I just got home from that bullshit. I don’t even know what to say. If you just looked at the two teams before the game, there’s a huge difference in size. We looked way bigger and athletic than they did.

From the very beginning of the game, we looked timid, hesitant and confused before every single fucking snap. On BOTH sides of the ball. It looked like a team totally confused and unconfident in their game plan.

There’s no need in calling out individual players, it’s obvious by now.

The positives: The scenery at TCU games. And I just saved a ton of money on next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BobStoopsReal View Post
                                        Venables will have a lot of questions to answer. Hopefully we stay patient with him, but a drubbing like this against Texis will have the entire fan base seething. Yea, we’ve been spoiled for 20+ years, but this is unacceptable. The good news is we really gotta try hard to play worse.
                                        It's a bad loss, but Stoops also had bad losses (UCLA, Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor when they were far less talented, Etc.). Riley avoided ugly losses (apart from LSU & Bama), but the jury is still out on whether he can win the big one, or win just enough to not get fired (like Mark Richt).

One of Stoops' best coaching years was 2005, when we started the year 2-3 with two of those games being blowout losses. That team regrouped, got to a bowl, and beat a ranked Oregon team.

THIS is when we're going to see how good a coach Venables really is, because Stoops, when faced with adversity, always built the team back up over time. If Venables keeps the team and they rebound from this, I'll be incredibly optimistic about his odds of building a champion here.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post
                                          I just got home from that bullshit. I don’t even know what to say. If you just looked at the two teams before the game, there’s a huge difference in size. We looked way bigger and athletic than they did.

From the very beginning of the game, we looked timid, hesitant and confused before every single fucking snap. On BOTH sides of the ball. It looked like a team totally confused and unconfident in their game plan.

The positives: The scenery at TCU games. And I just saved a ton of money on next weekend.
                                          If we are way bigger and athletic, but we looked timid, hesitant, and confused, that is a coaching problem.
                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

If Lebby is worth anything, he'll slow the tempo, start Micah Bowens, and run the hell out of the ball from here on out. Play Sawchuck, Barnes, Major, and have Gray come in on 3rd downs. On defense, I have no idea what we should do.

Comment

Also, EVERY single time we blitzed, TCU picked it up and went right at the vacated spot left from the blitzing defender. We must be totally telegraphing our blitz scheme. Jesus it does feel like we’re in defensive purgatory.
                                              Last edited by DFWSooner; 10-01-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Fuck the dumbshit, I aint going anywhere, you only have two things that can happen, you either win or you learn. Your team lost,WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAA!!!! It's a free country(for now), you can express yourself anyway you want, I just hope you don't plan on doing this every time your team loses, that could be embarrassing. But good cheap entertainment.

Comment

If we are way bigger and athletic, but we looked timid, hesitant, and confused, that is a coaching problem.
                                                  Yeah. I mean there’s some talent problems too. But the confusion and hesitation was surprising. Our entire defense was playing on roller skates.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

You’ve been saying that for 10 years. You’ve never been right.
                                                    That has nothing to do with this colossal,
                                                    travesty of college football we witnessed today.You were clearly wrong about this team. We will go 5-7!

Comment

Brent won’t even play the underclassmen that have the talent and want to actually play, so hard to think he’s in favor of any tear down. I don’t think he should be fired but I doubt he makes it 4 years here with his attitude towards underclassmen.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post

The only good thing about this game is I get to yank a certain poster's chain.

"The OU defensive line should control this game"....

Gabe Ikard.

Sadly, the D line was the unit I was most disappointed in. We knew the secondary was capable of sucking. We knew that the linebackers weren't very good. But the front got dominated in both the run game and the pass game. Grimes has disappeared and he was the one guy I thought had all star potential.

Comment

At this point they need start infusing the young talent into the lineups to give them ample playing time and experience. Build for the future that way you can drive home immediate playing time to recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post
                                                            If Lebby is worth anything, he'll slow the tempo, start Micah Bowens, and run the hell out of the ball from here on out. Play Sawchuck, Barnes, Major, and have Gray come in on 3rd downs. On defense, I have no idea what we should do.
                                                            Agree

Comment

If we don't have anyone that can pass better than Bevil (Holy fuck if true), then you might be on to something. No point in having a passing scheme if your QB can't execute it.

I don't see how anyone nailed down their position after today. If it's going to be a tough year, anyway, open the whole fucking thing up.

Comment

I like this.

Comment

Originally posted by R.D. Mercer View Post
                                                                  Brent won’t even play the underclassmen that have the talent and want to actually play, so hard to think he’s in favor of any tear down. I don’t think he should be fired but I doubt he makes it 4 years here with his attitude towards underclassmen.
                                                                  He’s coached all of 5 games as a head coach. Throwing his upperclassman under the bus immediately would have been foolish. Now he can say guess what? I can’t trust you anymore.

Comment

I know one thing. We can’t possibly play beville. I will lose my shit if he starts next week. If we play him but won’t play the other young guys, WTF?

We need to bench all these upperclassmen that are completely worthless and contributing nothing to this team. At least the young guys have some upside. There’s no upside to playing a vet that makes the same mistakes and can’t do his job.

Comment

Bright side: Makari Vickers and Leblanc say they're locked in no matter what.

Comment

Our defense is absolute trash!!!

Comment

Bright side: Makari Vickers and Leblanc say they're locked in no matter what.
                                                                          We need about 10 more guys like them. We need to sign 35+ players this cycle so we can ask some of these guys to leave.

Comment

I was surprised we didn’t see a lot transfers in the summer. I don’t see that happening again. The portal will be in full effect this offseason. If guys are already starting to quit you cut bait on them.

Comment

#39
                                                                              And by the way KU is for real!

Comment

#40
                                                                                Simplify the defense. Coach V doesn't have the players he did at Clemson. We have good athletes, its the coaches job to put them in right positions. If the players are confused that is coaching.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

The only good thing about this game is I get to yank a certain poster's chain.

"The OU defensive line should control this game"....

Gabe Ikard.

Sadly, the D line was the unit I was most disappointed in. We knew the secondary was capable of sucking. We knew that the linebackers weren't very good. But the front got dominated in both the run game and the pass game. Grimes has disappeared and he was the one guy I thought had all star potential.
                                                                                  I honestly didn’t know the LBers were this bad. Hell I spent all offseason talking them up. I figured that was one position we could count on improving. But yeah they’ve been awful. Against the run. pass, blitzes, tackling, all of it. So fucking disappointing.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by amtc View Post

Simplify the defense. Coach V doesn't have the players he did at Clemson. We have good athletes, its the coaches job to put them in right positions. If the players are confused that is coaching.
                                                                                    We have MAC players on defense.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by amtc View Post

I guess this can be used as sunshine but Brent's first two years at Clemson had some bad performances. They gave up 49,48, 31, 31, 27 (Ball State), 51, 35, 31, and 31 points.

Brent had to realize he could've kept it simple, but it appears he really "Stripped things down to the studs."

Comment

#44

Whoa there captain…that’s almost pants pissing level. Are you now a convert?

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Sooner5030 View Post

I've been waiting for a good opportunity to break away actually.

This product is not worth my time....especially as I get older and Saturday's become so important for travel, hobbies, and family.
                                                                                          Been doing it more and more the last 15 years. This product makes its easy af.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Soonershocker1 View Post

We have MAC players on defense.
                                                                                            I wish

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Gaslighting isn’t going to change the outcome of the game or the season.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Remarkable how I've gone from cautiously optimistic about the future of this team 2 weeks ago to about as tuned out as I can remember since the Blake years. If they're going to play with the shitty effort they gave today, they don't deserve anybody's support. BV better right the ship, and I mean fucking pronto.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  What a shit show. Are there ANY positives to take away from this?

Initial reaction isn't knee jerk at all. TERRIBLE defensively in so many basic, fundamental ways. I expected some issues with coverage busts and run fits this year as the defense tried to get up to speed with a new system, but this wasn't the primary issue here. This was disgusting contain. Terrible angles. Safeties with eyes in the backfield and the LB play... where do you start? Not staying flat, slow to slide, terrible at getting washed up in traffic, terrible at working off of the DT on interior blitzes, just embarassing.

Most everything was bad. Most everything was bad last week, too. And at least offensively, in my opinion, we did the EXACT OPPOSITE of what should have happened. Wide, high percentage, settling a rhythm, cautious. Fuck that. Go heavy. Body shots. Lots of second level in the middle, demand the safeties come up to run support and deny the post and drag. THEN AND ONLY THEN do you go vert. Go wide. Zipper Cover 2 when you see it, vert/flag Cover 1. Make them press then make them pay.

The rest of the season HAS to be a horse race. HAS to be a Riley-esque season with speed and accuracy, hair on fire offensive play. Give Evers the bit, let the kid make some magic. Turnovers and ball protection can't be the decision factor anymore because this offense is DOA with this low speed, high percentage, "just don't fuck things up" mentality. Screw it, be a gunslinger, go make some hay, and tell that overrated fencepost of a QB Beville to have a seat, because there's nothing to lose at this point.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    I was so worried that I wouldn't get my OU/Texas tickets this year. Now, I'm worried I won't be able to give them away!!

What really hurts is that I can see us losing games in Norman. I hate to think about losing to Oswho. Ugh. Oh well. Everyone try and have a great rest of the weekend!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1