Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many losses do we take?

What say you?

Big chance we lose next week even though TX sucks. But obviously so do we.

Baylor is probably a loss. So is the Pokes. Not sure about ISU, as I haven’t watched them this year.

Tech could be a loss as well.
    2 total
    1.98%
    3 total
    3.96%
    4 total
    16.83%
    5 total
    35.64%
    6 total
    25.74%
    We lose every game from now on!
    15.84%

Sounds like a good question for Gabe and Teddy.

Comment

Just glad we have Kansas at Home

Comment

Gawd forbid we lose to KU at home. That will put more than a few people over the edge - literally.
        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by REDREX View Post
          This ain’t your average Kansas team and same can be said for OU. If any more of this shit continues for OU I don’t see how we can be favored in any other game.

Comment

At this point, the only teams I think they can beat are KU at home, WVU, and maybe Tech.

I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
              Gawd forbid we lose to KU at home. That will put more than a few people over the edge - literally.

Dear god sweet baby Jesus, don’t let this happen! We enjoy having that over texas! Leave some joy in our lives! Please?

Comment

Can we cancel OU/OSU forever before this year’s game?

Comment

We play like we did today might be looking at 3-9

Comment

Didn’t really help against Purple Kansas

Comment

LOL you think it matters where we play? Would we have held TCU to only like 50 if it was at home?

Comment

For all you guys wishing for something , maybe you ought to start wishing for OU to get "Bowl Eligible".

Comment

Originally posted by ChpThril View Post

Dear god sweet baby Jesus, don’t let this happen! We enjoy having that over texas! Leave some joy in our lives! Please?
                          I figured that would make you happy. You love seeing OU fans miserable.

Comment

….I don’t think the coaching staff will tolerate any more losses…..the team, I’m not so sure

SS

Comment

How many losses do we take?
                              As many as needed.

Comment

What they are taking is taking it up the ass

Comment

Originally posted by Legend View Post

LOL you think it matters where we play? Would we have held TCU to only like 50 if it was at home?
                                  I was being sarcastic

Comment

I don't see any game as a sure win. TCU could have put 100pts on us today.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

And they will look like this:

Comment

Are you:
                                        Chp posting as Chp on the correct account
                                        Chp posting as Socal but forgot to switch accounts again
                                        Socal posting as Chp on the correct account
                                        Socal posting as Socal but forgot to switch accounts again

Comment

Originally posted by Burglekutt View Post
                                          Are you:

Chp posting as Oorah again

Comment

hopefully ku will overlook us and we can sneak up on them and get 1 more win...

Comment

Chp posting as Oorah again

.​

Comment

Remember when SoonerKA asked if mid-season walk-on tryouts were a cause for concern? He may have been on to something.

Comment

I know we're gonna take one next week, Texas gonna run rule the Sooners, when the Sooners don't have a QB.

Our only hope was to get into a shootout and now that's out of the question.

Comment

Ugh… I voted 4… but meant 4 more.

Comment

Today had to be rock bottom. So as long as there is consistent improvement moving forward, I'm fine with 6-7 losses.

I'm really fine with however many losses. I still enjoy watching the games regardless. More enjoyable to get a win though.

Comment

The idea of losing to the worst texas team since Charlie Strong is upsetting.

As for the rest of the league, consider this season the Big XII Good-Bye, Good Riddance Revenge Tour.

OU can expect teams that are able to run up the score.

Comment

Maybe Kansas will be our “trap” win game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rucktoe View Post
                                                            Today had to be rock bottom.
                                                            Doubt it. There’s more to come.

Comment

What say you?

Big chance we lose next week even though TX sucks. But obviously so do we.

Baylor is probably a loss. So is the Pokes. Not sure about ISU, as I haven’t watched them this year.

Tech could be a loss as well.
                                                              And Jayhawks?

Comment

If Sooners lose against Donghorns, it will be the first time in 24 years that Sooners lost 3 in a row

Comment

Originally posted by SoonersFan View Post
                                                                  If Sooners lose against Donghorns, it will be the first time in 24 years that Sooners lost 3 in a row
                                                                  Well it’s the worst OU team in 24 years so that checks out

Comment

Today had to be rock bottom. So as long as there is consistent improvement moving forward, I'm fine with 6-7 losses.

I'm really fine with however many losses. I still enjoy watching the games regardless. More enjoyable to get a win though.
                                                                    The more we lose, the less we can kid ourselves. The shitty coaching that led to the OSU loss in 2014, which sent us to a bowl to get whipped by Clemson was the best thing that happened to this program (even if that only last a couple years)

Comment

We will lose every game that DG doesn't play and probably a few that he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Burglekutt View Post
                                                                        Are you:

Comment

Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
                                                                          We will lose every game that DG doesn't play and probably a few that he does.
                                                                          That's irritatingly potentially accurate.

Comment

I hope OU can become bowl eligible....

There are plenty of problems, one of those is Riley didn't leave the OU program with the amount of talent that many thought OU had.

We are going to need to prepare ourselves for the repair of the program over the coming seasons.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                                                              I hope OU can become bowl eligible....

There are plenty of problems, one of those is Riley didn't leave the OU program with the amount of talent that many thought OU had.

We are going to need to prepare ourselves for the repair of the program over the coming seasons.
                                                                              I blame Boren.

Just jerking your chain 48.

Comment

#40

Being fine with “however many losses” is a problem

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by M40 View Post

Being fine with “however many losses” is a problem
                                                                                  Only for the team, not the fans. Fans ain't got a fucking thing to do with it.

I expect great things from Venables. I never expected us to be a contender overnight. I also never expected us to be this bad. I'm going to weather the storm calmly and see how this all plays out. In the mean time, the pants pissers do provide great entertainment.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    I don’t think anyone thought we’d be this bad. Many of our defensive players are broken beyond repair and need to be replaced. Period. Our offense can no longer bail the defense out. It’s not Brent’s fault that our QB couldn’t complete a pass to wide open receivers all day.

Everything snowballed against TCU. We have to regroup and continue to fight. This season is going to suck but I believe Brent is the right man for the job. It’s just going to take time. It’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      I still don’t understand the “we were left with no talent” excuse. You’ve got more talent, on paper, than KSU and TCU.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by keef View Post
                                                                                        I still don’t understand the “we were left with no talent” excuse. You’ve got more talent, on paper, than KSU and TCU.
                                                                                        Yep. OU has 52 4/5 star players. TCU and KSU combined have 20.

OU fans claiming this is a talent or recruiting issue are not correct. This is a current coaching staff problem rooted in player development and culture.

We saw this on an individual level last year where Rattler was hyped to be the next great OU QB and ended up struggling. Now the same thing is happening to the entire team. I think at some point the players have had their ego stroked for so long, been told how great they are, ranked high in preseasons polls, etc and then a team like KSU comes in and just our works OU with the roster and only 3 4/5 star players to OU's 52.

People keep bringing up how Saban struggled his first year at Bama are also off base as Bama was in rebuild mode, OU was coming off a solid season with a top 10 roster.

BV woke up on third base, thought he hit a triple a couple of games in, and then got exposed by Klinemen/Dykes.

Lets not forget Dykes is also a first year coach, in full rebuild mode of a team that had to fire it's legendary coach. They are simply doing a better job in year 1.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

I expect great things from Venables. I never expected us to be a contender overnight. I also never expected us to be this bad. I'm going to weather the storm.
                                                                                          We haven’t seen a leader like this since Captain Edward Smith took the Titanic on it’s maiden voyage.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by keef View Post
                                                                                            It’s a poor excuse. We’ve been outplayed and outcoached. We have good talent. Not good enough to consistently challenge Georgia, Bama, tOSU…but definitely good enough to have an advantage over Big 12 schools.

There is a major cultural and philosophical change going on. It’s pretty common to have growing pains when you have major shifts in those points. As an OU fan, we just have to hope it is just growing pains.

Losing sucks. We’ve had a long tradition of winning and dominating the Big 12. We have been spoiled with consistency. But when a coach leaves, takes key players and coaches, there is a massive disruption in consistency.

I’ve said it all along and nothing has changed. I sincerely hope BV is the guy to get us NC worthy. Only time will tell. I do feel extremely confident that Lincoln Riley was slipping here and would never win a NC in Norman.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by FoCoSooner View Post

Yep. OU has 52 4/5 star players. TCU and KSU combined have 20.

OU fans claiming this is a talent or recruiting issue are not correct. This is a current coaching staff problem rooted in player development and culture.

We saw this on an individual level last year where Rattler was hyped to be the next great OU QB and ended up struggling. Now the same thing is happening to the entire team. I think at some point the players have had their ego stroked for so long, been told how great they are, ranked high in preseasons polls, etc and then a team like KSU comes in and just our works OU with the roster and only 3 4/5 star players to OU's 52.

People keep bringing up how Saban struggled his first year at Bama are also off base as Bama was in rebuild mode, OU was coming off a solid season with a top 10 roster.

BV woke up on third base, thought he hit a triple a couple of games in, and then got exposed by Klinemen/Dykes.

Lets not forget Dykes is also a first year coach, in full rebuild mode of a team that had to fire it's legendary coach. They are simply doing a better job in year 1.
                                                                                              Our roster is not top 10. We lost all of our defensive playmakers from a year ago. Even they would tell you the previous coaching staff was confusing to say the least. As for defense, we have players that have been poorly coached that can’t read basic keys. They may have been ranked high in HS but they haven’t developed beyond that.

As for offense, we have some pieces but our QB couldn’t complete a forward pass yesterday. Is that the coaches fault?

If we hired Saban tomorrow, the first thing he’d do is cut everyone on defense and buy the best 50 players he could find. Then he’d go out and buy the best OL he could find and start building the foundation. That’s what we need to do.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                I had expected 9-3, hoped 10-2. Now looks like 7-5

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Bigpoppa85 View Post
                                                                                                  I do feel extremely confident that Lincoln Riley was slipping here and would never win a NC in Norman.
                                                                                                  My concern is that was not a LR issue, and more of an OU issue. OU is 0-7 in NC and playoff games since 2000. Pretty alarming considering there were heisman level QB's many of those games and still lost.

My belief is that we are down to about 5-10 teams who can win a NC moving forward.

That list does not include Michigan, Oregon, PSU, Auburn, FSU, Notre Dame, etc... They simply do not have the talent necessary to win one anymore in this new era. It's really just down to the teams who can get 10+ five star players, which OU has never done. Last year there were 30 five star players in the NC game.

OU is in that group with teams like Florida and USC who may or may not actually be able to get the talent necessary to go win a NC moving forward even though they have previously.

20+ year ago there were probably at least 30 teams who could win a NC from Nebraska, Miami, Tennessee, Auburn, PSU, Washington, etc.. Now that list is probably less than 10. NIL will only accelerate the talent concentrating in the top few teams.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

Our roster is not top 10. We lost all of our defensive playmakers from a year ago. Even they would tell you the previous coaching staff was confusing to say the least. As for defense, we have players that have been poorly coached that can’t read basic keys. They may have been ranked high in HS but they haven’t developed beyond that.

As for offense, we have some pieces but our QB couldn’t complete a forward pass yesterday. Is that the coaches fault?

If we hired Saban tomorrow, the first thing he’d do is cut everyone on defense and buy the best 50 players he could find. Then he’d go out and buy the best OL he could find and start building the foundation. That’s what we need to do.
                                                                                                    Yes it is.

Look it up for yourself. So yes you are clearly wrong trying to blame talent when the number three roster can't beat the number seventy roster.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Fo...lentComposite/

OU is taking a Private Messages roster and turning that into a team that is not even top 25. aTm, UT, LSU, and ND are also doing the same thing. Big time underachieving by coaching staffs.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1