Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by NM Jayhawk View Post
      Border War football is officially on.... Sept. 6, 2025 — KU at Missouri (Columbia),Sept 12, 2026 — Missouri at KU (Lawrence),
      Sept 6, 2031 — KU at Missouri (Columbia), Sept 11, 2032 — Missouri at KU (Lawrence)
      Total home and home..no games in KC.Wow!

Comment

I like the way blinkin' is thinkin':

Comment

Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

Well, 1st off, it's difficult to tally numbers, for a combined league that yet exist, but that is what you hope to use as a "crutch" in posts...

But, ratings, from few years ago, (as 2013 randomly pulls up) shows that USC had the same draw as Purdue/Wisconsin game week:

Meanwhile 2017 looks though Wisconsin/N'western outdrew USC/Wazzu by a mere 0.068m. viewers (OSU/Tech bettered Iowa/MSU)...

USC playing contest vs Oklahoma/ Texas/ Arizona State/ Washington, and Texas vs UCLA & Oklahoma vs Oregon, increase viewers...

XII payouts - 2019 were $39 million per school, if XII gets 39% increase (based on Wilner guess for B1G) XII earns $54M per school...
          For these valuations, there is an equal 39% increase for both XII & B1G, yet also left out the raid of PAC increases XVI (or PXC) pay...

If XII adds only 4 schools of - Washington/ Oregon/ USC & UCLA, 50% of (current) PAC value would increase XII pay by $1.5 billion...
          In XII adding 75% of PAC valued brands (4 mentioned above) & California/ Arizona/ Arizona State & Colorado pay is at $2.25 billion...

XII adds 8 schools listed, with 8 current XII (WVU/Baylor excluded) current revenue increases 39%, adds 75% of PAC ($2.25 billion)...
          The total from expanding PXC league footprint (40 million folks, to over 100 million residents) + an extra $140,625,000 per team pay...

So using the metrics of XII getting $54 million (add $15m. for UT 3rd tier/ add [at least] $8m. for OU 3rd tier) - UT-$69m./ OU-$62m. ...
          Now, add in above-mentioned increase from adding (the current) value of PAC 1st & 2nd tier contract to PXC - $140,625,000 to OU...

Let's use the same numbers, plus adding the increase from raiding PAC, the payouts (using 10 years) this adds an extra $14m. too...
          So Oklahoma & Texas, in adding USC/ UCLA & pals to XII, increase pay to both to $83m. for UT/ $76m. for OU, plus ESPN partner...

But, carry on with a, "you can't pull any numbers" argument, as you well know the league is (yet) to exist, but metrics show positives...
          We have already shown that the TV ratings for your fantasy are worse than the current Big 12. Did you forget that we already went over that? I posted the data.

You need to use entire seasons of data for every team in your PX scenario. I have already done so for 2018 and 2019. The average was 2.2 million and 1.97 million per game average for each season.

You still have not proven anything. But nice try.

Now simply line up the whole conference for the 2015, 2016, and 2017 season and we can look at the last 5 year average. If you can show a 5 year average of 3 million viewers then you have a conference that will earn B1G type money. Unfortunately the average will drop below 2 million which is not even close to the 3.5 and 4.5 million the B1G and SEC average.

So lets see that data.

I bet you run, change the subject, just like always. But to try to cherry pick a couple of games when I have done the entire conference for 2 full seasons is not apples and apples. Just a bitch move. Try acting like a man and simply comparing apples to apples. It's really not that hard to figure.

Comment

I like the way blinkin' is thinkin':

R]
            So Texas is #1 but the Big 12 is #5. Surely you can do the math.

All that matters is where they go, another fail by you. The SEC is getting the talent in Texas, not the Big 12.
            • SEC: 63
            • Big Ten: 48
            • Pac-12: 32
            • ACC: 27
            • Big 12: 21
            • AAC: 17
            • Conference USA: 10
            • Mountain West: 10
            • Independent: 9
            • Sun Belt: 7
            • Colonial: 2
            • MAC: 2
            • Missouri Valley: 2
            • Division II: 2
            • Ohio Valley: 1
            • Pioneer: 1
            • Division III: 1

Comment

Originally posted by WTinOK View Post
              We have already shown that the TV ratings for your fantasy are worse than the current Big 12. Did you forget that we already went over that? I posted the data.

You need to use entire seasons of data for every team in your PX scenario. I have already done so for 2018 and 2019. The average was 2.2 million and 1.97 million per game average for each season.

You still have not proven anything. But nice try.

Now simply line up the whole conference for the 2015, 2016, and 2017 season and we can look at the last 5 year average. If you can show a 5 year average of 3 million viewers then you have a conference that will earn B1G type money. Unfortunately the average will drop below 2 million which is not even close to the 3.5 and 4.5 million the B1G and SEC average.

So lets see that data.

I bet you run, change the subject, just like always. But to try to cherry pick a couple of games when I have done the entire conference for 2 full seasons is not apples and apples. Just a bitch move. Try acting like a man and simply comparing apples to apples. It's really not that hard to figure.
              I didn't read it all, I'm sure you mention 2019 tv ratings rule all-time data...
              WTinNebraska/ Julius/ RocketCity/ 48a, all have theme, XII is "doomed"...

So Texas is #1 but the Big 12 is #5. Surely you can do the math.

All that matters is where they go, another fail by you. The SEC is getting the talent in Texas, not the Big 12.
              • SEC: 63
              • Big Ten: 48
              • Pac-12: 32
              • ACC: 27
              • Big 12: 21
              • AAC: 17
              • Conference USA: 10
              • Mountain West: 10
              • Independent: 9
              • Sun Belt: 7
              • Colonial: 2
              • MAC: 2
              • Missouri Valley: 2
              • Division II: 2
              • Ohio Valley: 1
              • Pioneer: 1
              • Division III: 1

Where did the players live/ originate as in crafting their respective skills..?
              The top 2 states are (drum roll please) Texas & California hotbed states...
              Which of course bodes well for Oklahoma, recruiting both states as well...

Last edited by kopp0e; 05-02-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NM Jayhawk View Post
                Border War football is officially on.... Sept. 6, 2025 — KU at Missouri (Columbia),Sept 12, 2026 — Missouri at KU (Lawrence),
                Sept 6, 2031 — KU at Missouri (Columbia), Sept 11, 2032 — Missouri at KU (Lawrence)
                And that's if Kansas isn't in the SEC by then..

Comment

Originally posted by JRsec* View Post

But from your past analysis, if neither UT and/or OU move from the Big XII to the SEC, that doesn't seem particularly likely.

Comment

USC 2021 Football Commits

National Rank

Breakdown

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Se...tball/Commits/

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post

But from your past analysis, if neither UT and/or OU move from the Big XII to the SEC, that doesn't seem particularly likely.
                      If neither move then no it won't be likely. However if just one leaves it is likely. If they both head to the SEC then it becomes less likely again, unless Vanderbilt chooses not to participate at the highest level in football and becomes the first partial member of the SEC. Under those circumstances it would be likely for the SEC to offer Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. And with the new rules on rights to image and some pay for play the days Vandy will continue to pump money into football when they need that space for academic pursuits on campus may be drawing to an inevitable close.

Comment

I didn't read it all, I'm sure you mention 2019 tv ratings rule all-time data...
                        WTinNebraska/ Julius/ RocketCity/ 48a, all have theme, XII is "doomed"...

Where did the players live/ originate as in crafting their respective skills..?
                        The top 2 states are (drum roll please) Texas & California hotbed states...
                        Which of course bodes well for Oklahoma, recruiting both states as well...

Big Ten doesn’t have a school in Texas nor California and yet they blew the doors off again in players drafted in NFL per school vs Big 12.

Why?

How can this be Kopp?

How can Big Ten have all these top recruits when their land is decaying and everybody is dying?

How can Big Ten recruit players in California and Texas when they are landlocked by the great Kopp and his evil plans?

BRRRRRAAAAWAAAAHHHHAAAA!!!

I’m using this as an example of how out of whack your dreams are for this merger. It doesn’t make Oklahoma any better by having them part of this delusional fantasy with PAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Julius View Post

Big Ten doesn’t have a school in Texas nor California and yet they blew the doors off again in players drafted in NFL per school vs Big 12.

Why?

How can this be Kopp?

How can Big Ten have all these top recruits when their land is decaying and everybody is dying?

How can Big Ten recruit players in California and Texas when they are landlocked by the great Kopp and his evil plans?

BRRRRRAAAAWAAAAHHHHAAAA!!!
                          56 players from 2 states of Texas & California, actually total more than the entire B1G footprint (48), I need a "" moment...

Comment

Does anyone outside of Kansas and Missouri even watch this game? I know I never have.I bet it will be on the SECN when Missouri is the home team.

Comment

Originally posted by PlayDeep60 View Post

Does anyone outside of Kansas and Missouri even watch this game? I know I never have.I bet it will be on the SECN when Missouri is the home team.
                              Missouri is the darling of SECN.

They were on 6 times last year, 3 of which were "alternate" LAffin
                              6 in 2018
                              7 in 2017
                              9 in 2016 LAffin
                              7 in 2015

I mean you talk about a shit team on TV and Missouri is right there. Crazy how they are stuck on SECN so much. 2016 is almost laughable as they were on SECN for 9 games in a row. As you can see the SEC is not fond of Missouri. ESPN is not fond of missouri.

Like the grandma on Josey Wales said, "Everything from Missouri has a taint about it"

Comment

Missouri is the darling of SECN.

They were on 6 times last year, 3 of which were "alternate" LAffin
                                6 in 2018
                                7 in 2017
                                9 in 2016 LAffin
                                7 in 2015

I mean you talk about a shit team on TV and Missouri is right there. Crazy how they are stuck on SECN so much. 2016 is almost laughable as they were on SECN for 9 games in a row. As you can see the SEC is not fond of Missouri. ESPN is not fond of missouri.

Like the grandma on Josey Wales said, "Everything from Missouri has a taint about it"

How many times has Kansas been on the LHN or the Big 12 conference app? No one watches Kansas football they can't even fill their damn stadium and how small is it?

Comment

And the 2 bitches are still here promoting the agenda.

No talk of apple TV

No talk of the little 8 joining the PAC.

No, we are here listening to one paid disphit make false claims with 2 games of TV data that is 3 years old, versus my data which was 16 teams playing 12 games for 2 full seasons which is 192 gaems. 2 games that are 3 years old vs 192 games that are 1 and 2 years old.

And the other dipshit who is just a desperate TCU fan has made up a graphic showing Baylor in a conference with Cal, Stanford, UCLA, and USC. And he also thinks SMU and USF will be in the SEC.

Like the an Old Milwaukee commercial,

Boys, it just doesn't get any dumber than this.

Neither of these 2 scenarios are even remotely possible and the fact that they will not discuss any TV ratings, what happens to PACN, what happens to the 6 teams that are left out, what about the lawsuits, etc.. shows that they dont' even believe what they claim.

If they believed it they would be willing to bet on it. And when asked both bitches just run. That's what bitches do. They run.

Comment

How many times has Kansas been on the LHN or the Big 12 conference app? No one watches Kansas football they can't even fill their damn stadium and how small is it?
                                    If anyone watched Missouri football they would not be on SECN 6-9 times per season every year.

Missouri is #13 in the SEC, far behind Arkansas per game and barely ahead of Vandy. Yes, it's that bad.
                                    And KU is dead last in the Big 12.

4.70 - Kansas (6)
                                    7.83 - Missouri (5)

As far as TV is concerned that is a game meant for ESPN+ or SECNalternate.

Comment

If anyone watched Missouri football they would not be on SECN 6-9 times per season every year.
                                      Nebraska had 8 11am kicks last season (in 2018), most on BTN... Sooner fans won't take kindly to 11am road games 800+ miles away vs teams w/o rivalry...

2018 Nebraska Football Schedule
                                      Date Opponent Time/TV Result
                                      Saturday
                                      Sep. 1
                                      Akron ZipsMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE 8:00pm ETFOX Canceled
                                      Saturday
                                      Sep. 8
                                      Colorado BuffaloesMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE 3:30pm ETABC L 33-28
                                      Saturday
                                      Sep. 15
                                      Troy TrojansMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE 12:00pm ETBTN L 24-19
                                      Saturday
                                      Sep. 22
                                      at Michigan WolverinesMichigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MI 12:00pm ETFS1 L 56-10
                                      Saturday
                                      Sep. 29
                                      Purdue Boilermakers(HC)Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE 3:30pm ETBTN L 42-28
                                      Saturday
                                      Oct. 6
                                      at Wisconsin BadgersCamp Randall Stadium, Madison, WI 7:30pm ETBTN L 41-24
                                      Saturday
                                      Oct. 13
                                      at Northwestern WildcatsRyan Field, Evanston, IL 12:00pm ETABC L 34-31(OT)
                                      Saturday
                                      Oct. 20
                                      Minnesota Golden GophersMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE 3:30pm ETBTN W 53-28
                                      Saturday
                                      Oct. 27
                                      Bethune-Cookman WildcatsMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE 12:00pm ETBTN W 45-9
                                      Saturday
                                      Nov. 3
                                      at Ohio State BuckeyesOhio Stadium, Columbus, OH 12:00pm ETFOX L 36-31
                                      Saturday
                                      Nov. 10
                                      Illinois Fighting IlliniMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE 12:00pm ETBTN W 54-35
                                      Saturday
                                      Nov. 17
                                      Michigan State SpartansMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE 12:00pm ETFOX W 9-6
                                      Friday
                                      Nov. 23
                                      at Iowa HawkeyesKinnick Stadium, Iowa City, IA 12:00pm ETFOX L 31-28
                                      If they believed it they would be willing to bet on it. And when asked both bitches just run. That's what bitches do. They run.
                                      Meh, I live in the same metro area as a fellow Sooner 48a, that can't even fathom having a cordial chat face to face, since I disagree of OU to B1G w/o Texas...

But I should take a "bet" with someone, who I suspect to be Nebraskafaninwi, with same self-destructive typing rant/ tendencies, nah, OU sits strong in 2025...
                                      Anyhow, to not get off track of XII & PAC merger great for Oklahoma athletically, (& academically), 3 Sooners went Texas-California NFL teams, helps recruit...
                                      Last edited by kopp0e; 05-03-2020, 05:33 AM.

Comment

The football game is just a Kansas / Missouri thing. The basketball game between them will be of more interest beyond the two states.

Comment

If I may also ask a rhetorical question, just to attempt getting you riled up, what is 75% of say, $3 billion..?
                                          Where did the $3B come from?
                                          Is it the value of the PACN contract or is it the value WSJ attributed to the PAC?

Comment

Originally posted by RocketCitySooner View Post

Where did the $3B come from?
                                            Is it the value of the PACN contract or is it the value WSJ attributed to the PAC?
                                            The $3 billion monetary figure, has nothing to do with PACN/ 3rd tier, it is from the 1st & 2nd tier deals with ESPN & Fox:

Pac-10 reaches deal with FOX, ESPN | FOX Sports

www.foxsports.com › college-football › story › pac-10...
                                            foxsports May 3, 2011 at 1:00a ET. share url email fbmsngr whatsapp sms. The Pac-10 agreed to a 12-year television contract with Fox and ESPN on Tuesday worth about $3 billion, allowing the conference to quadruple its media rights fees ...
                                            The 75% evaluations, (of that $3 billion 1st & 2nd tier deal) is from the WSJ valuations, of which teams bring value to XII...

Comment

56 players from 2 states of Texas & California, actually total more than the entire B1G footprint (48), I need a "" moment...
                                              You make it sound like Big Ten or ACC schools can’t possibly get recruits from Texas & California if they don’t have them in their Conferences. Obviously you are wrong...again.

Kopp, why does the Big Ten Conference, as a whole, recruit better than Big 12 Conference historically in the last 10 years if they don’t have a school in either Texas or Oklahoma?

You look at College Football in a very simplistic manner which does not...never does...hold up to reality.

Oklahoma doesn’t need to have a Conference member residing in California to recruit in California just like Big Ten Conference doesn’t need a Conference member to reside in Texas to recruit in Texas.

Oklahoma can recruit nationally right now.
                                              Big Ten can recruit nationally right now.

Oklahoma does not receive any benefit from merging with PAC schools. None.

Comment

You make it sound like Big Ten or ACC schools can’t possibly get recruits from Texas & California if they don’t have them in their Conferences. Obviously you are wrong...again.

Kopp, why does the Big Ten Conference, as a whole, recruit better than Big 12 Conference historically in the last 10 years if they don’t have a school in either Texas or Oklahoma?

You look at College Football in a very simplistic manner which does not...never does...hold up to reality.

Oklahoma doesn’t need to have a Conference member residing in California to recruit in California just like Big Ten Conference doesn’t need a Conference member to reside in Texas to recruit in Texas.

By no means am I on kopps side here but your statement that the ENTIRE B1G recruits nationally? Come on man.

Comment

The football game is just a Kansas / Missouri thing. The basketball game between them will be of more interest beyond the two states.
                                                  True dat. But we're counting on Miles having a couple more years at least, and football eventually becoming competitive again. Then interest will pick up beyond Kansas borders. The renewal rate for season football tickets was over 90 percent a couple of weeks ago. Granted that is a small number, but an encouraging thing that the fan base is putting their support behind the staff and team.

Comment

Ohio State can recruit nationally right now.
                                                    FIFY, & noted:

Population shift driving Big Ten expansion study - ESPN.com

www.espn.com › blog › bigten › post › population-shif...
                                                    May 18, 2010 - The first is obvious: The Big Ten Network, a project that faced plenty of ... Jim Delany outlined two major forces behind the Big Ten's expansion study in ... People are heading south in larger numbers, and the population shift has put northern institutions like the Big Ten on notice.

"As far as the shifting population, that is reason, by itself, enough, to look at the concept of expansion," Delany said.

In the last 20, 30 years, there's been a clear shift in movement into the sun belt. The rates of growth in the sun belt are four times the rates they are in the East or the Midwest.

"You do want to look forward to 2020 and 2030 and see what that impact would be on our schools."

Delany has brought up the demographic shift several times in recent years when talking about recruiting and other topics. He knows that in order for the Big Ten to maintain its national standing, its alumni base and its brand, the league might need to get bigger.
                                                    The same reasons B1G has looked to poach - ACC in last decade/ looked to pick off XII now/ speculated talks of adding PAC/ just to "get in reach, of hotbed states...
                                                    But of course, you aren't here to defend B1G from optics of 14 schools collectively having more picks than 10 XII schools/ (states) Texas & California bettering B1G...
                                                    On edit, it looks as though national recruiting efforts of Indiana & Minnesota was for not in getting a local Okie star who picked XII rival TCU (mom can go to games)...

- & -

- vs -

Oklahoma, in league with recruiting hotbed states Texas/ California (as well as Arizona) help Sooner recruiting, likewise Florida/ Georgia/ Louisiana help SEC move...
                                                    Last edited by kopp0e; 05-03-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by camel at sea View Post

Option 1 is status quo. The Big 12 just got to uneven distribution with the last contract by making Tier 3 money the spot where the revenue streams diverge. So we had the appearance of equal distribution but in practice we just had a more nuanced version of what we'd always done with respect to payout. On top of that, the Big 12 doesn't share NY6 money evenly. The Big 12 got a $66M base payout for the CFP, a $40M payout for Baylor's Sugar Bowl appearance, and $6M for OU making the CFP. OU got to keep 1/3rd of that CFP appearance money. I'm fairly certain that we're the only conference letting a member school keep an uneven amount of playoff money. So OU got $2.4M from the CFP appearance and the rest of the Big 12 got $400K each.

Considering that OU makes the CFP almost annually, that little bonus goes a long way toward keeping the coffers in Norman pretty competitive.

My guess, based on conference history, is that the Big 12 will make sure its big earners stay competitive with the rest of the country. It makes no sense for the little brothers of the Big 12 to die on an equal distribution hill and ultimately cost themselves potentially tens of millions annually if the big earners leave.
                                                      Option 2 is enhance the Big 12.
                                                      Moving Louisville out of the ACC to the Big 12 along with Missouri would make the Big 12 a contiguous conference with a distinct northern division (West Virginia, Louisville, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State). Not a lot on football, but a powerful basketball division with a diverse footprint that can act as a buffer to separate the SEC from the B1G.
                                                      ESPN could then move Kentucky (also football deadwood) out of the SEC to the ACC where their basketball enthusiasm would be appreciated.
                                                      That leaves the Big 12 at 12, the SEC at 12 (fewer schools, but an improved football conference) and the ACC returning to 14 plus a tag along (Notre Dame).
                                                      ESPN could easily make Missouri and Kentucky whole (money wise), the remainder of the SEC could actually be enhanced because of an elevated level of play, Plus the Big 12 could expand with two P5 schools as opposed to having to elevate G schools to grow.
                                                      I'm not saying this will happen, but it could be an option should ESPN decide there is too much value in the little 8 to discard them.

Comment

Why did the SEC place Mizz in the SEC east?

Comment

Originally posted by XLance View Post

Moving Louisville out of the ACC to the Big 12 along with Missouri would make the Big 12 a contiguous conference with a distinct northern division (West Virginia, Louisville, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State). Not a lot on football, but a powerful basketball division with a diverse footprint that can act as a buffer to separate the SEC from the B1G.
                                                          ESPN could then move Kentucky (also football deadwood) out of the SEC to the ACC where their basketball enthusiasm would be appreciated.
                                                          That leaves the Big 12 at 12, the SEC at 12 (fewer schools, but an improved football conference) and the ACC returning to 14 plus a tag along (Notre Dame).
                                                          ESPN could easily make Missouri and Kentucky whole (money wise), the remainder of the SEC could actually be enhanced because of an elevated level of play, Plus the Big 12 could expand with two P5 schools as opposed to having to elevate G schools to grow.
                                                          I'm not saying this will happen, but it could be an option should ESPN decide there is too much value in the little 8 to discard them.
                                                          ESPN owns the ACC and SEC outright and fully, not so w/the Big12. ESPN will not dictate membership in the Big12, who has already made it clear they aren't interested in Louisville; and that was before their scandals.

Comment

Nebraska had 8 11am kicks last season (in 2018), most on ... Sooner fans won't take kindly to 11am road games 800+ miles away vs teams w/o rivalry...
                                                            And, Sooner fans will just love 9:30 PM (Central) kick offs for road games 2000 (by road) miles away in Seattle w/o rivalries?

Comment

The $3 billion monetary figure, has nothing to do with PACN/ 3rd tier, it is from the 1st & 2nd tier deals with ESPN & Fox:

The 75% evaluations, (of that $3 billion 1st & 2nd tier deal) is from the WSJ valuations, of which teams bring value to XII...
                                                              So, what you're saying is that the $3B is from the PACN contract which your apportioned using the relative value of the teams as determined by the WSJ?

I just want to be accurate.

Comment

FIFY, & noted:

The same reasons B1G has looked to poach - ACC in last decade/ looked to pick off XII now/ speculated talks of adding PAC/ just to "get in reach, of hotbed states...
                                                                But of course, you aren't here to defend B1G from optics of 14 schools collectively having more picks than 10 XII schools/ (states) Texas & California bettering B1G...
                                                                On edit, it looks as though national recruiting efforts of Indiana & Minnesota was for not in getting a local Okie star who picked XII rival TCU (mom can go to games)...

- & -

- vs -

Oklahoma, in league with recruiting hotbed states Texas/ California (as well as Arizona) help Sooner recruiting, likewise Florida/ Georgia/ Louisiana help SEC move...
                                                                Very odd post.

I guess you brought up a Gopher recruit because you believe I’m a Gopher fan because I live in Minnesota.

If you look at 2021 Minnesota commits they have recruits from Texas. Minnesota has a Wide Receiver on their team right now in Rashod Bateman who will be a first round pick in next years draft who is from Georgia.

You make it sound like nobody can recruit in a state which has no members of said conference. It’s ridiculous.

Oklahoma doesn’t need USC to become a member of the Big 12 Conference to recruit in California. What Oklahoma needs is for Big 12 to expand their media/tv footprint. USC has no interest so we must look eastward into Florida.

Comment

Mountaineers have not recruited well in the state of Texas for as long as I have been alive (6 decades). We didn’t get any recruits from the state of Texas last year and we don’t have any in the 2021 basket as of yet this year. Most of our recruits come from WV/MD/DC/VA/OH and Georgia. We need to improve our recruiting in Florida and Texas but we can’t seem to crack open the nut in either state. The whole notion that suddenly WVU would rake in some good recruits out of the state of Texas just because we share the same Conference was always ludicrous.

Oklahoma is a national brand. Oklahoma’s decision on what conference they should play in starting in 2025 won’t have anything to do with High School Football recruits coming out of California.

Comment

Originally posted by M40 View Post

I should have clarified that I meant Tier 1 and 2 media rights
                                                                    That could happen if we can't get the big earners even without uneven distribution on Tier 1/2. We might not need to do anything with Tier 1/2. Currently Texas is top paid in the country while even on Tier 1/2. And OU is at least even with the SEC.

It remains to be seen what the next Tier 3 deal for OU looks like. But I'd imagine the Big 12 will get as creative as it needs to in order to keep OU/UT happy.

Comment

You are out of your mind. On one hand you expect Oklahoma and Texas to start taking more of their slice of the Tier 1&2 Big 12 pie and on the other hand you talk about how Big 12 is set to poach USC and UCLA.

To top it off you expect the other 8 schools in the Big 12 to take less in Tier 1&2 money and not bitch about and for us to be happy we are Sooners & Longhorn bitches.

Bite me Camel. Honest to God you guys are insufferable.

“Hey, look at us in the Big 12 we are stronger than PAC”

”Hey, look at how we treat our schools in the Big 12 not named Oklahoma and Texas...we treat them like bitches”. Do any other P5 school want to join us?”

Camel, should WVU also agree to give up some of their Tier 1&2 money in next Media contract for the Trojans and Bruins?

LOL!

Fuck you.

Your emotional overreactions make your WVU fan gimmick less believable. You come off like someone who doesn't like WVU fans pretending to be one. It wasn't a shock to see that your very first twitter follower, ever, was a Big Ten conference realignment account. Are you one of his sock accounts? Or are you a WVU undergrad, Big Ten grad school guy? Could be lots of things I suppose. But you being out of step with normal WVU fans is certain.

But in case anyone is curious, let me explain this. If USC/UCLA join, they'd probably see uneven distribution that favors them. That's the carrot to get them to join. BUT... their inclusion in the Tier 1/2 deals would increase the payout of those deals. So none of the actual fans of the rest of our member schools would care or complain. Stable conference, improved payout, improved recruiting footprint, improved academic standing of member schools... those are wins.

Comment

Originally posted by hiphopfroggy View Post

ESPN owns the ACC and SEC outright and fully, not so w/the Big12. ESPN will not dictate membership in the Big12, who has already made it clear they aren't interested in Louisville; and that was before their scandals.
                                                                        If the Big 12 had been a little more forward thinking and invited both West Virginia and Louisville (instead of one over the other) the conference might not be teetering on extinction.
                                                                        On the other hand if the Big East had not turned down ESPN's TV offer 7 months prior, West Virginia, TCU and Louisville would still be in the Big East and the Big 12 would be dissolved already.

Comment

Good grief. The ACC needs football help...not basketball. Basketball is such a small part of the contract.

Comment

If the Big 12 had been a little more forward thinking and invited both West Virginia and Louisville (instead of one over the other) the conference might not be teetering on extinction.
                                                                            On the other hand if the Big East had not turned down ESPN's TV offer 7 months prior, West Virginia, TCU and Louisville would still be in the Big East and the Big 12 would be dissolved already.
                                                                            lol

Outside of WVU it is unanimous and has been put to bed. Passing on UL was a wise decision and nobody in the Big12 wants to be associated with or have them in our conference.

Bon Appetit

Comment

And, Sooner fans will just love 9:30 PM (Central) kick offs for road games 2000 (by road) miles away in Seattle w/o rivalries?
                                                                              Not actually: OU in B1G west has 800+ mile trips for 11am/ OU in PXC east, has 1 trip per year out Westcoast...

As shown, there is the ability to place as PTZ games in the earlier slot, the CTZ games as the primetime event...

So, what you're saying is that the $3B is from the PACN contract which your apportioned using the relative value of the teams as determined by the WSJ?

I just want to be accurate.
                                                                              PACN has none to do with 1st/ 2nd tier content of current contract, nor value of media payouts of Disney/ Fox...

Oklahoma doesn’t need USC to become a member of the Big 12 Conference to recruit in California. What Oklahoma needs is for Big 12 to expand their media/tv footprint. USC has no interest so we must look eastward into Florida.
                                                                              In showing how local recruit picked TCU over supposed "national pull of B1G" that you tried to sell, it's relevant...
                                                                              Oklahoma having ability to annually play in California helps recruiting, same as merging B8C/SWC did in Texas...

Comment

Your emotional overreactions make your WVU fan gimmick less believable. You come off like someone who doesn't like WVU fans pretending to be one. It wasn't a shock to see that your very first twitter follower, ever, was a Big Ten conference realignment account. Are you one of his sock accounts? Or are you a WVU undergrad, Big Ten grad school guy? Could be lots of things I suppose. But you being out of step with normal WVU fans is certain.

But in case anyone is curious, let me explain this. If USC/UCLA join, they'd probably see uneven distribution that favors them. That's the carrot to get them to join. BUT... their inclusion in the Tier 1/2 deals would increase the payout of those deals. So none of the actual fans of the rest of our member schools would care or complain. Stable conference, improved payout, improved recruiting footprint, improved academic standing of member schools... those are wins.
                                                                                I graduated from WVU in 1977.

There a lots of WVU fans who agree with me that Big 12 is in trouble. As much as I am forever grateful Big 12 gave us a seat at the P5 table I can’t look at today’s landscape and pretend like you do Big 12 is stable and strong.

You are lazy poster. You keep bringing up this fantasy that I’m not a real poster because I follow someone from Big Ten. I also follow Dude of WV and I rarely agree with him. I follow ACC posters as well..even one from Chapel Hill who I can’t stand. I follow WVU posters. You have serious issues to believe I’m faking who I am based on 1 follow.

You go after the character of everyone who disagrees with you because you got nothing else to your arguments.

Ive already told you that I agree with you a UCLA/USC addition to a Big 12 would help the overall value of the Big 12. But it’s not happening because they are not coming to Big 12.

WVU should not agree to taking less than UT or OU in Tier 1&2 money in new 2025 Big 12 contract with media partners.

How can you are argue Big 12 is a stable and strong conference when WVU, Iowa State, Oklahoma State is taking less when Mississippi State, Purdue, Oregon State and Wake Forest is taking the same amount of Tier 1&2 money as the rest of their conference mates?

You can’t. You have no good arguments. You only have your stupid talking point of “look who on Twitter is following who”.

You are a joke.

Comment

Not actually: OU in B1G west has 800+ mile trips for 11am/ OU in PXC east, has 1 trip per year out Westcoast...

As shown, there is the ability to place as PTZ games in the earlier slot, the CTZ games as the primetime event...

PACN has none to do with 1st/ 2nd tier content of current contract, nor value of media payouts of Disney/ Fox...

In showing how local recruit picked TCU over supposed "national pull of B1G" that you tried to sell, it's relevant...
                                                                                  Oklahoma having ability to annually play in California helps recruiting, same as merging B8C/SWC did in Texas...
                                                                                  Again, you change the point of what your were arguing about once facts get in your way. You constantly move the goal posts and you think nobody will notice. You are a real fruit loop.

Comment

I graduated from WVU in 1977.

There a lots of WVU fans who agree with me that Big 12 is in trouble. As much as I am forever grateful Big 12 gave us a seat at the P5 table I can’t look at today’s landscape and pretend like you do Big 12 is stable and strong.

You are lazy poster. You keep bringing up this fantasy that I’m not a real poster because I follow someone from Big Ten. I also follow Dude of WV and I rarely agree with him. I follow ACC posters as well..even one from Chapel Hill who I can’t stand. I follow WVU posters. You have serious issues to believe I’m faking who I am based on 1 follow.

You go after the character of everyone who disagrees with you because you got nothing else to your arguments.

Ive already told you that I agree with you a UCLA/USC addition to a Big 12 would help the overall value of the Big 12. But it’s not happening because they are not coming to Big 12.

WVU should not agree to taking less than UT or OU in Tier 1&2 money in new 2025 Big 12 contract with media partners.

How can you are argue Big 12 is a stable and strong conference when WVU, Iowa State, Oklahoma State is taking less when Mississippi State, Purdue, Oregon State and Wake Forest is taking the same amount of Tier 1&2 money as the rest of their conference mates?

You can’t. You have no good arguments. You only have your stupid talking point of “look who on Twitter is following who”.

You are a joke.
                                                                                    I lurk the WVU (formerly Scout) board. There's nobody on that board who claims to be a WVU fan who is as openly hostile toward the Big 12 adding PAC teams as you are here. You know why? Because actual WVU fans want WVU in a stable conference. Preference? No doubt WVU fans would rather be in an eastern conference. Open hostility toward strengthening the Big 12? You give yourself away.

I'm not bringing up that you follow anyone. I brought up that the very first Twitter account to follow *you* on Twitter was a Big Ten conference realignment account. How did that guy find you? The best explanation is that he knew you.

As for Big 12 stability? It's a stable league if nobody with value wants to leave. If we use our current revenue format to attract other major brands, then maybe someday we could split all tiers evenly on all tiers. But you have to get from point A to point B. WVU taking a haircut on Tier 3 in the Big 12 still puts WVU > ACC per team payout. So you're better off than your regional peers on that front.

Now... that might not end up as OU's best option. But the Big 12 adding a blue blood is WVU's best option. You pretend not to see that.

Comment

Again, you change the point of what your were arguing about once facts get in your way. You constantly move the goal posts and you think nobody will notice. You are a real fruit loop.
                                                                                      As in.?! The topic was recruiting capabilities of B1G, vs that of Oklahoma, needing to stay aligned with Texas/ adding (either) California (or) Florida 'cruiting turf...
                                                                                      The only school from B1G in the last (2020) cycle that was a top 12 team was Ohio State, (Oklahoma came in #11/ Texas #9), the top 4 teams are SEC brands...

So as mentioned Oklahoma in a conference with California could help boost recruiting in that state, heck Arizona State just nabbed 6 of the top 30 'cruits in Cali...

Comment

Originally posted by Big8Fan View Post

I do believe that the only plausible scenario for the Big XII surviving is your option (1). Oklahoma and Texas could match the SEC media payouts, and, while there might be some grumbling, none of the other eight conference members would formally object.
                                                                                        And OU/Texas probably won’t even have to ask for more money....the alternative for the remaining 8 schools is substantially less money for them if OU and Texas leave.
                                                                                        Today, the SEC is making $720M per year distributed to 14 teams.
                                                                                        Some say the SEC will make up to four times that amount in the new contract.
                                                                                        Even if that is a bit extreme, suppose they only get double that amount or $1440M per year. That's $144M per team.
                                                                                        The XII is making $38M per team. Suppose they get kopp0e's pay raise of 39%. That would mean each XII team would get $53M.
                                                                                        To raise OU/UT to SEC levels would require an additional $90M for OU and for UT. Total $180M.
                                                                                        Each of the eight little brothers would take a haircut of about $18M. Of course, that's after the pay raise so each little brother would be making about $35M. They're entire pay raise and then some would be given to OU/UT.
                                                                                        Maybe that's better than the alternative but it's probably a tough sell.

Comment

Six of the sixteen teams are in the Pacific Time Zone and two would be in the Mountain.
                                                                                          But only one game per year on the west coast?

How funny, you insist that B1G would not give preferential scheduling to OU to avoid deep winter games in the B1G, yet you insist the PAC would give preferential scheduling to OU to avoid 930 PM CST games.

Comment

Six of the sixteen teams are in the Pacific Time Zone and two would be in the Mountain.
                                                                                            But only one game per year on the west coast?

How funny, you insist that B1G would not give preferential scheduling to OU to avoid deep winter games in the B1G, yet you insist the PAC would give preferential scheduling to OU to avoid 930 PM CST games.

5 are in the PTZ in the division I have:

PXC (east) -
                                                                                            Iowa State
                                                                                            Kansas
                                                                                            Kansas State
                                                                                            Oklahoma
                                                                                            Oklahoma State
                                                                                            TCU
                                                                                            Texas
                                                                                            Texas Tech
                                                                                            *
                                                                                            PXC (west) -
                                                                                            Washington
                                                                                            Oregon
                                                                                            California
                                                                                            UCLA
                                                                                            USC
                                                                                            Arizona
                                                                                            Arizona State
                                                                                            Colorado

As Oklahoma plus all 7 opponents in division, 1 home game vs a western foe (as Arizona State)/ 1 road game vs a western foe (as Oregon)...
                                                                                            B1G isn't in the market of giving a frontloaded road schedule/ backloaded road schedule, so OU fans don't worry of getting stuck in blizzards...

Comment

I think many fans just miss the old rivalries that we grew up watching as youth, & for Oklahoma to keep most current foes now, + add USC & Colorado back, as great...

Comment

I lurk the WVU (formerly Scout) board. There's nobody on that board who claims to be a WVU fan who is as openly hostile toward the Big 12 adding PAC teams as you are here. You know why? Because actual WVU fans want WVU in a stable conference. Preference? No doubt WVU fans would rather be in an eastern conference. Open hostility toward strengthening the Big 12? You give yourself away.

I'm not bringing up that you follow anyone. I brought up that the very first Twitter account to follow *you* on Twitter was a Big Ten conference realignment account. How did that guy find you? The best explanation is that he knew you.

As for Big 12 stability? It's a stable league if nobody with value wants to leave. If we use our current revenue format to attract other major brands, then maybe someday we could split all tiers evenly on all tiers. But you have to get from point A to point B. WVU taking a haircut on Tier 3 in the Big 12 still puts WVU > ACC per team payout. So you're better off than your regional peers on that front.

Now... that might not end up as OU's best option. But the Big 12 adding a blue blood is WVU's best option. You pretend not to see that.
                                                                                                The guy who first followed me on my twitter account followed me because I was discussing Realignment with Dude of WV. He didn’t follow me because he knew me. He still doesn’t know me. I have a WVU 247 account. I can tell you for sure Chris and Mike who run the site have doubts about the stability of Big 12 going forward. Mike discussed the truth in numbers for WVU and the Big 12 last year in an article about revenue and fellow WVU posters got pissed at him.

Im sorry I like telling truth Camel. The truth hurts in this case for all WVU fans. If Big 12 loses Oklahoma we who live to be Mountaineer fans are in deep shit. I believe we are about to lose Oklahoma to SEC, ACC or Big Ten. The next piece of evidence to drop will be Oklahoma’s decision on their 3T. I’m of the belief OU won’t be making a deal with Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by John Swofford View Post

Good grief. The ACC needs football help...not basketball. Basketball is such a small part of the contract.

?
                                                                                                  The ACC has won 40% of the last 5 football championships (the Big 12, 0%, the B1G, 0% and the PAC, 0%)and 60% of the last 5 basketball championships (the Big 12, 0%, the B1G, 0%, the SEC, 0% and the PAC, 0%...Big East 40%)

And you think the ACC needs help?
                                                                                                  Last edited by XLance; 05-03-2020, 12:40 PM.

Comment

And OU/Texas probably won’t even have to ask for more money....the alternative for the remaining 8 schools is substantially less money for them if OU and Texas leave.
                                                                                                    You and others here seem to forget the Big 12 has already tried the "unequal revenue sharing" before and that it was a dismal failure unlikely to ever be tried again.

It naturally set the stage for bitterness, disharmony and polarization within the conference that spread to other issues. To a degree the fall out still exist.

It's like a bad marriage where where a split is in everyone's best interest.

Comment

The guy who first followed me on my twitter account followed me because I was discussing Realignment with Dude of WV. He didn’t follow me because he knew me. He still doesn’t know me. I have a WVU 247 account. I can tell you for sure Chris and Mike who run the site have doubts about the stability of Big 12 going forward. Mike discussed the truth in numbers for WVU and the Big 12 last year in an article about revenue and fellow WVU posters got pissed at him.

Im sorry I like telling truth Camel. The truth hurts in this case for all WVU fans. If Big 12 loses Oklahoma we who live to be Mountaineer fans are in deep shit. I believe we are about to lose Oklahoma to SEC, ACC or Big Ten. The next piece of evidence to drop will be Oklahoma’s decision on their 3T. I’m of the belief OU won’t be making a deal with Disney.

JuliusJ[sockacctstringofnumbers] had as his first follower a Big Ten realignment account. The Big Ten account we're talking about definitely does not follow everyone back who follows him. But he did follow back a guy with zero other followers prior to himself? Most of the accounts he follows are blue check mark reporters and/or fan sites. But the guy with the troll account handle gets a follow too? Right.

Right.

And you're dodging the rest of my point. Doubts about the Big 12 are fine. Normal, even. Are the two guys you mentioned openly hostile toward any scenario wherein the Big 12 stabilizes itself with a blue blood? I doubt it. That's not a normal fan opinion. You're trying to conflate concern about the Big 12 with your hostility toward the Big 12 adding the PAC's blue blood You are a concern troll. You use your "concern" about OU to talk constantly about OU leaving.

This is a social media tactic that's about 5 years past its expiration date. It's transparent.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1