First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loose Shoes View Post
    Lincoln Riley puts his pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us. He just shits out #1 draft picks after he gets finished.
    I wonder if Cameron Rising is kicking himself right now ...

Comment

Originally posted by CalSOONER View Post

.....shit the bed

SS
      Last edited by SouthSider; 03-02-2019, 06:28 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Kyler to the Cards would be a great fit. Think about KK's friendship with Riley and coaching history together + similar offensive play designs + Big 12 background + Tech history + OU.

That didn't pan out like I intended but there is a lot of familiarity with Kyler, Kliff, and Lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by Bustarime View Post
          Kyler to the Cards would be a great fit. Think about KK's friendship with Riley and coaching history together + similar offensive play designs + Big 12 background + Tech history + OU.

That didn't pan out like I intended but there is a lot of familiarity with Kyler, Kliff, and Lincoln.
          Main problem with AZ is they have one of, if not the worst, OLines in the NFL. If they spend their 1st pick on Kyler, I hope they use 2, 3, and 4 drafting some OLinemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bustarime View Post

It as perfect a fit as it can possible get. The only thing that would be better would be if LR were the OC instead of KK, but close enough. And if Arizona had an O-line as dominant as the 2018 Sooners.

Would have been even more weird if somehow Mayfield would have had one more year of eligibility, and then be drafted by KK at #1.

Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post

I almost feel like this would end up being better. Opening up an entire new brand of duel threat QB we’ve never seen. Going through progressionsn with your third progression finding a hole and jetting for 15 yards and a slide. You could develop an entirely new offense around it, that we’ve probably never seen. The RPOR. You could design Oline blocking schemes to exploit line strength and advantageously design RPOR to maximize on weaknesses. Weak side is underdeveloped, your third progression is to read the field after the pocket collapse and find open room on that side. The right mind could make it work.
              KK knows his spread offense that’s for sure. He had us on the ropes 2 or 3 times.

Comment

Make stupid decisions, win stupid prizes....

Comment

He got recruited over anyway.

Comment

Haskins, at the combine, getting lots of love. He's big, slow of foot, and can throw the ball hard and far...accurately. John Elway would love him.
                    Side note OT: How is John Elway still the GM and Prexy of a professional football organization? He's proven to be terrible at this job.

Comment

Originally posted by Balko View Post
                      Haskins, at the combine, getting lots of love. He's big, slow of foot, and can throw the ball hard and far...accurately. John Elway would love him.
                      Side note OT: How is John Elway still the GM and Prexy of a professional football organization? He's proven to be terrible at this job.
                      But he brought the Bronchos a Super Bowl title, that's worth something...

Comment

Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

But he brought the Bronchos a Super Bowl title, that's worth something...
                        2 titles back to back.....plus they won 2015 relatively recently with him as GM

He will get some leeway

Comment

Reports of who Kingsbury intends to select numero uno.

https://thespun.com/football/nfc-wes...g-no-1-overall

Comment

There's an ownership void currently w/the Bowlen family that gives Elway free reign at the moment.

Comment

Rumors of Hollywood going to Raiders and AB going with him

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                                Between what moves the Cardinals & Raiders might add of Soo er athletes, tgis could be fun..!

Comment

Originally posted by skysooner View Post
                                  Here Quinnen Williams (300 lbs) NFL Combine is compared to Rosen and Garoppolo's run. Funny as hell. Check it out at 1:07 of the video

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ombine-history

Comment

I want KM to go #1 but I wish it wasn’t to Arizona and douchebag Kliff.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                      I don't disagree but KK has a scheme that KM steps into seamlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                        I have asked this question many times and never got any answer from other OU fans other than STFU, LR is the chosen one. My question is: what type of result would you have expected from LR had he ended up in Texas Tech, which was a very plausible scenario given his background? Both of them great play-callers. KK had no defense at Texas Tech, just like LR. And LR has way, WAY more talent at Oklahoma thus the better results.

Comment

Originally posted by Free Electron View Post

I have asked this question many times and never got any answer from other OU fans other than STFU, LR is the chosen one. My question is: what type of result would you have expected from LR had he ended up in Texas Tech, which was a very plausible scenario given his background? Both of them great play-callers. KK had no defense at Texas Tech, just like LR. And LR has way, WAY more talent at Oklahoma thus the better results.
                                          I don't think Hank is saying KK is a bad coach, just a douchebag human being. Kliff didn't endear himself to OU fans the way he handled Baker's transfer. Other than that, I'm neutral on Kliff.

Comment

Better results. Lincoln is a better recruiter, communicator, manager. Lincoln wouldn't have run off NFL QBs. Lincoln wouldn't be known for hitting on recruits' mothers.

Comment

You're the President/GM of the Arizona Cardinals. Do you pick Kyler Murray or Nick Bosa?
                                              Or do you stick with Rosen, trade the #1 pick for draft choices, because Arizona sucks all over the place?

Comment

You're the President/GM of the Arizona Cardinals. Do you pick Kyler Murray or Nick Bosa?
                                                Or do you stick with Rosen, trade the #1 pick for draft choices, because Arizona sucks all over the place?
                                                If you think Kyler is your QB of the future you absolutely draft him and not even consider what you are going to do with Rosen. See what happened to the Browns which did not draft a QB in top 20 since 1999 until Baker. Rosen was a high pick but if you believe in someone else you have to go for him.

Comment

If you think Kyler is your QB of the future you absolutely draft him and not even consider what you are going to do with Rosen. See what happened to the Browns which did not draft a QB in top 20 since 1999 until Baker. Rosen was a high pick but if you believe in someone else you have to go for him.
                                                  I'd consider what to do with Rosen. Sounds like he'd garner some great compensation draft picks. This would be a huge win for Kliffy.

Comment

trade Rosen and take Murray. Pretty easy decision for KK.

Comment

This would be a scary WR corp!

Comment

Originally posted by 5thWave View Post

I'd consider what to do with Rosen. Sounds like he'd garner some great compensation draft picks. This would be a huge win for Kliffy.
                                                        You would think so, but I think it really depends on the franchise and how desperate they are.

Comment

Originally posted by keef View Post
                                                          trade Rosen and take Murray. Pretty easy decision for KK.
                                                          I don't get how a ton of people are acting like it's KK's sole call to make.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Better results. Lincoln is a better recruiter, communicator, manager. Lincoln wouldn't have run off NFL QBs. Lincoln wouldn't be known for hitting on recruits' mothers.
                                                            I can't speak to the others, based on results they're probably true, but this is the big one. Tech ran a full underground marketing campaign to boost his Q score, and he still couldn't recruit.

Probably why he was so keen to go to the NFL, bare minimum recruiting. He can call a hell of a game though.

Comment

I don't disagree but KK has a scheme that KM steps into seamlessly.
                                                              That may depend on the OL. If anyone thinks Kyler's speed will get him out of trouble no matter what happens up front, they should watch the first half of the RRS. The one thing I will say for Kingsbury, though, is that he'll be better than most (maybe better than Lincoln) at using the screen game to take the teeth out of the pass rush. And David Johnson will be a great weapon for that.

Originally posted by SoonerWiggle View Post

I don't get how a ton of people are acting like it's KK's sole call to make.
                                                              Because the only thing dumber than hiring him as an NFL HC would be hiring him and then not letting him have the offense he wants. That doesn't necessarily mean the Cardinals wouldn't do it, though...

Comment

The best part will be when Kyler takes pictures with Coach GQ. Then the season starts, and everything will go downhill.

Comment

Word around the league is that the Cards would only get a three for Rosen. That alone should tell them he's not the guy:

3. Rosen Problem 2: What could you get in trade for him?
                                                                  Miami (13th pick in the first round), Washingon (15), the Chargers (28) and New England (32) would be worth investigating … unless the compensation for Rosen has crashed. I asked Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner, who lives in Arizona and watched Rosen last year, what he thinks the value for Rosen is. “I would give a three for Josh,” Warner said. A third-round pick. Yikes. Saturday night, I asked a renowned NFL GM what he thought the value of Rosen in trade would. “Probably a three,” the GM said. “Not what the Cardinals would think his value is.” Scary, on the surface, for Arizona. But if you’ve decided you want Murray, and you’ve decided Rosen’s not your guy, you’ve got to move on, regardless what you get for Rosen

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                                                    Kyler had the best O-line in college football protecting him last season. I wonder what he'll look like without a clean pocket surrounding him?

Going to have to scramble more in the NFL. We know he has the speed.
                                                                    Sam says "hey"...

Comment

Per this article KM did terrible last week.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/05/kyler-...cs-ever-heard/

Charley Casserly, the former longtime NFL executive, heard some wildly negative reports from around the league about the intriguing quarterback’s mental makeup.

“He better hope [Arizona Cardinals coach Kliff] Kingsbury takes him No. 1 because this was not good. These were the worst comments I ever got on a high-rated quarterback, and I’ve been doing this a long time,” said Casserly, formerly the GM of the Redskins and Texans and now an NFL Network analyst. “Leadership — not good. Study habits — not good. The board work — below not good. Not good at all in any of those areas, raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerSean View Post

Oh damn. He should have played Baseball.

Comment

Mike Florio debunks Casserly's BS:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-kyler-murray/

I also posted this in the combine thread

Comment

?

If you weren't a Team with the first pic, would you be talking KM up?

Comment

#88

Belichick’s quote is amusing about his being as wrong as a meteorologist.

Comment

#89
                                                                                Kyler Murray doesn't have the over-the-top (moon) personality of Baker Mayfield, but after three years under Lincoln Riley I'll bet he can draw up a play on the blackboard (to hell with whiteboards). We'll know that Casserly is right when only one or two NFL representatives show up at Murray's pro day. Bets?

Comment

#90

OMG, someone doesn’t drool over Kyler!!! String him up now!!!!!

Opinions, assholes, sports reporters....most of them are unpopular. Combine all three and you have shit articles like this. Zero shits given about Casserly’s negative, second hand report.

Comment

#91
                                                                                    You saw him with Dan Patrick. How did you think he would do in interviews at the combine? Especially if he had good reason to think the Cardinals are taking him #1? He probably hardly said a word. Doesn't mean he lacks intelligence or leadership ability. He dragged his team kicking and screaming through the entire month of November into the CFP.

Comment

#92
                                                                                      Arizona has a great opportunity here and I'm not just being an OU homer. Kyler's so special. If the right coach can unlock his potential and build an offense around him man, I don't knows that there's even a QB to compare him to. Maybe Vick but a much much more accurate passer. Kyler can just do things that regular humans can't. Rosen? You can always find a Rosen every year.
                                                                                      When have the Cards had a good OL? They certainly don't now, and as a Phoenix resident, I don't wish the Cards on Kyler. I want him to remain healthy.

Comment

#93
                                                                                        Originally posted by TaimenHuchen View Post

When have the Cards had a good OL? They certainly don't now, and as a Phoenix resident, I don't wish the Cards on Kyler. I want him to remain healthy.
                                                                                        I want to see Kyler to the Cards for two reasons:

1. It's always a big deal when an OU player goes #1 overall
                                                                                        2. We're finally going to see the full Air Raid in the NFL w/KK and Kyler is the perfect triggerman. Kyler will help that OL because teams are going to be afraid to rush him.

Comment

#94

I want to see Kyler to the Cards for two reasons:

1. It's always a big deal when an OU player goes #1 overall
                                                                                          2. We're finally going to see the full Air Raid in the NFL w/KK and Kyler is the perfect triggerman. Kyler will help that OL because teams are going to be afraid to rush him.
                                                                                          I don't like the cheapskate, underhanded ownership of the franchise. But, I certainly wish Kyler well, and will pull for his success if they purchase him.

Comment

#95

I think all of this is true

At this point, the natural order of blue bloods, etc are set. Anomalies like Miami only really happen once or twice in a lifetime, even though I think with the righ staff Georgia Tech can be Miami 2.0

My whole life, Oregon was a toilet of a program until they became flush with Nike cash.

It is just very, very difficult to take a program like Arizona State and make it top tier.

It isnt the x's and o's it is the Jimmy's and Joe's.

Comment

#96
                                                                                              LR was just on the Dan Patrick show talking about that Casserly douche.

Reminds me of all the dirt people tried to throw on Baker before he went #1 and turned around the worst franchise in history.

Comment

#97
                                                                                                I stopped reading at “Charlie Casserly.” Dude is an “analyst “ because he was a completely incompetent football guy. Good lord, David Carr as your #1 overall to lead a expansion franchise??? Nuff said...

Comment

#98

I think all of this is true

At this point, the natural order of blue bloods, etc are set. Anomalies like Miami only really happen once or twice in a lifetime, even though I think with the righ staff Georgia Tech can be Miami 2.0

My whole life, Oregon was a toilet of a program until they became flush with Nike cash.

It is just very, very difficult to take a program like Arizona State and make it top tier.

It isnt the x's and o's it is the Jimmy's and Joe's.
                                                                                                  The Jimmy’s and Joe Castigliones.

The Stoops Haters get glossy eyed if you start implying that infrastructure might be a benefit to certain football programs. Many seem to believe the 19 years make OU a laughing stock and that 2000 was an anomaly.

Money helped Oregon? How does Alabama keep winning on pure historical greatness?

You’re right about ASU. It’s the problem many P5 programs have. One of the biggest changes at OU was when Boren hired Joe Castiglione. Guy had a vision. That vision has turned OU into one of the most successful programs in College Football. Bob Stoops took that vision and made it a reality.

Comment

#99

Belichick’s quote is amusing about his being as wrong as a meteorologist.
                                                                                                    It doesn't surprise me that he didn't test well on the "intangibles". He's gotten by his whole life on his outrageous athleticism. He's been coddled and pampered his entire life, and has helicopter parents. The first time he faced adversity in his life was when he sat on the bench at A&M, and we know how that turned out. He bailed the first chance he got. I blame that on his parents.

Fortunately he found a landing spot at OU. He could have just as easily ended up at a G5 school.

His options in the NFL are limited. Arizona is the perfect place for him with KK as his coach. KK doesn't expect his QBs to be leaders. He just needs them to execute KK's system.

If Arizona doesn't take him #1, I'm afraid we might see a Brady Quinn like free fall on draft day. Or worse. I would hate to see that happen, because he is a nice kid who doesn't make waves.
                                                                                                    Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

It doesn't surprise me that he didn't test well on the "intangibles". He's gotten by his whole life on his outrageous athleticism. He's been coddled and pampered his entire life, and has helicopter parents. The first time he faced adversity in his life was when he sat on the bench at A&M, and we know how that turned out. He bailed the first chance he got. I blame that on his parents.

Fortunately he found a landing spot at OU. He could have just as easily ended up at a G5 school.

His options in the NFL are limited. Arizona is the perfect place for him with KK as his coach. KK doesn't expect his QBs to be leaders. He just needs them to execute KK's system.

If Arizona doesn't take him #1, I'm afraid we might see a Brady Quinn like free fall on draft day. Or worse. I would hate to see that happen, because he is a nice kid who doesn't make waves.
                                                                                                      From what I've been reading and hearing, (I get pretty obsessive about the draft) If by chance Arizona passes on Kyler, there's no way Kyler gets past the Raiders at #4. Multiple insiders like Peter King and Michael Lombardi have verified Gruden's "infatuation" w/Murray and the Raiders brass weren't exactly subtle about shopping Derek Carr in Indy. While it would be cool to see Kyler in the Silver and Black, I'm not sure that Gruden is the right coach for him. Gruden is notoriously fickle w/his QB's and he runs a very old-school WCO. KK's scheme would be a better fit IMO.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1