Announcement

Collapse

NEW POSTERS

POST REQUIREMENTS TO START A THREAD HAVE BEEN REMOVED TO ALLOW OUR TIGER GUESTS TO START THREADS. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR SPAMMERS.

See more
See less

What is the most realistically worst possible scenario for OU football?

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't say "Lincoln Riley is exposed as a pedophile".

Mine: Kliff Kingsbury / Kyler Murray kill it in the NFL. Some NFL team will make Riley an offer he can't refuse.

Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

I don't want to think about it.

Comment

The NFL will always be calling for LR. Hopefully he wants to accomplish things on this level before he bolts.

Comment

.....I wake up and John Blake is still the Head Coach

SS

Comment

The instability w/the administration continues and it causes Joe C and or LR to leave.

Comment

Quentin Tarantino directs 'Bootlegger's Boy.' Matthew McConaughey plays Barry.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

Mine: Kliff Kingsbury / Kyler Murray kill it in the NFL. Some NFL team will make Riley an offer he can't refuse.
              This is easy. Dallas has a bad year and fires Garrett, then offers Riley.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthSider View Post

SS
                To your room without dessert!

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery Pete View Post
                  I would never watch that.

Comment

I thought about it and the absolute worst possible scenario would be to cancel the season.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthSider View Post

SS
                      Or Victoria Principal wakes up and Mike Stoops is in the shower.

Comment

It's the so called supporters who look for the worst in every situation and are quick to naysay OU success.

I call it Traber’s disease because that’s what he has made a living doing with OU, osu and now the Thunder and his fans are quick to take the bait.

Comment

Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                          It's the so called supporters who look for the worst in every situation and are quick to naysay OU success.

I call it Traber’s disease because that’s what he has made a living doing with OU, osu and now the Thunder and his fans are quick to take the bait.
                          It was a hypothetical question to pass the time. Damn dude get over yourself already.

Comment

OU has the worst defense in the land and goes 20 years without winning a championship. Oh wait...

Comment

Ok, If we are taking that one off the table.

Has anybody checked to see if Grinches' wife is hot?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

Ok, If we are taking that one off the table.

Has anybody checked to see if Grinches' wife is hot?
                                He makes a 7 figure salary, if his wife isn’t hot, his next one will be.

Comment

A magnitude 8 earthquake with an epicenter under the library right at kick-off would put a damper on things.

Comment

Texas beats us twice next year on their way to winning the National Championship.
                                    Beating Alabama by 4 touchdowns in the semi.
                                    Smashing Clemson 63-0 to win it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery Pete View Post
                                      "All right, all right, all right! Thing I like 'bout all this cracklin' bread is I get older but it all still tastes the same. Yes it does."

Comment

Originally posted by eightisgreat View Post

It was a hypothetical question to pass the time. Damn dude get over yourself already.
                                        It was the type of question that negative people like you love to present and then take a shit on our fun before the season even starts.

Comment

Originally posted by SportyJames View Post
                                          Texas beats us twice next year on their way to winning the National Championship.
                                          I can't even...

Comment

Hurts turns out to be a saboteur for Bama

and Ostate and texas make the playoff...

After the game..,
                                            .Gundy and Ehlinger make love at the near side 4 yard line, by the pylon with Herman walking backwards to the tunnel trying to watch the best he can.

Doesn’t really matter who won.

Comment

Texas annexes Oklahoma

Comment

Welp, there’s two minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

Comment

It's not as if someone is advocating for Oklahoma to join a league with no competitive history/ no familiar opponents/ ends athletic "kingdom" of OU/ destroys relevant recruiting ties to south...

Let's say that happens near 2025/ yet years later/ Castiglione is stepping down to run the NCAA/ Riley is hired to be coach of the Miami Dolphins (for instance), how would OU stay relevant...
                                                  Oklahoma could be in same situation as not only Arkansas or Nebraska, but back to the days when Gibbs was in Norman, & the state of Texas was still an "out-of-conference" recruiting spot...

I think that'd be the beginning of a worst case situation, as at that point, OU can't hit the Staples reset button & automatically rejoin schools in the south & west that hold many old recruiting ties...

Comment

Originally posted by OU_On_My_Mind View Post
                                                    OU has the worst defense in the land and goes 20 years without winning a championship. Oh wait...
                                                    Rewind 20 years. Think about the question and how crazy an answer that would have been. Would have boggled the mind for either of them to have happened, fucking unbelievable that both did.

Comment

Still better than going from 1895 to 1950 without winning a recognized national championship/ wait, it's been about that long for Arkansas now:

1964 NCAA University Division football season - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_N...ootball_season
                                                      However, Arkansas was named national champion by the Football Writers Association of America. After a one-year trial run in 1965, the AP Poll began its current ...
                                                      It was assumed losing old rivals would be offset by gained revenue of television monies (I think), but that may be part of it, as losing market time in nearby Texas...

Comment

Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

Still better than going from 1895 to 1950 without winning a recognized national championship/ wait, it's been about that long for Arkansas now:

It was assumed losing old rivals would be offset by gained revenue of television monies (I think), but that may be part of it, as losing market time in nearby Texas...
                                                        Who gives a shit about Arkansas?

Comment

Who gives a shit about Arkansas?
                                                          It would seem not many, since the days of SWC when recruits flocked to play for the Razorbacks, (I guess)...

Comment

I don't imagine worst scenarios for OU football, having witnessed too many of them over the years.

Comment

It was the type of question that negative people like you love to present and then take a shit on our fun before the season even starts.
                                                              Go away you stupid cunt. How many threads do you want to ruin. Ban yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post
                                                                Wow! You must have taken one one of those speed reading classes. I took it a lot slower so I could savor every post.

Comment

Originally posted by TulsaSooner View Post

You’re a fine example of the negativity... but also not very smart

Comment

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby

Comment

And then doesn't win more than 4 games for the next decade, including a run of 5 straight losses to KU, TTU, and individual losses to Wm&Mary, Hofstra, and 65-0 blowout loss to Rice.

Comment

Moe Dampeer returns as a 35 year old, and still somehow beats out everyone on the D-line.
                                                                        Last edited by SasquatchLife; 06-26-2019, 12:32 AM.

Comment

OU loses a Prime Time shootout to Houston to open the 2019 season.

Hurts is lost for the season while suffering a non-contact injury scrambling for a 1st down vs South Dakota St.

OU's young OL is exposed in the Rose Bowl vs UCLA to drop the season record to 1-2

The Sooners must use three OTs to knock off Tech at home...it's still September, but the lynch mob is forming.

Now comes a trip to a rejuvenated KU under Les Miles...(okay, no way Kansas wins this one)

Comment

OU loses to Texas and to OSU , Lincoln leaves OU after a mediocre bowl last game.

Comment

#39
                                                                              The NFL will always be calling for LR. Hopefully he wants to accomplish things on this level before he bolts.
                                                                              Root for Sean McVay and Coach Bro to fail, and we can sidestep him "bolting".
                                                                              You can't give up on the possibility that HCLR will be the next legendary long-tenured coach at OU.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by BoomerSooner2578 View Post

Root for Sean McVay and Coach Bro to fail, and we can sidestep him "bolting".
                                                                                You can't give up on the possibility that HCLR will be the next legendary long-tenured coach at OU.
                                                                                I hate the cowboys but I now root for them to win. Yeah if Arizona does good this season then it will just get worse.

Comment

#41

I hate the cowboys but I now root for them to win. Yeah if Arizona does good this season then it will just get worse.
                                                                                  Sorry, Kyler. I agree. Thanks for the memories, but I'm a Baker Mayfield fan.
                                                                                  Off topic- when did Stinger get his privileges to start threads on OF back?

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by BoomerSooner2578 View Post

Sorry, Kyler. I agree. Thanks for the memories, but I'm a Baker Mayfield fan.
                                                                                    Off topic- when did Stinger get his privileges to start threads on OF back?
                                                                                    In never lost them. Go to bed.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by OUwasp View Post
                                                                                      Now comes a trip to a rejuvenated KU under Les Miles...(okay, no way Kansas wins this one)
                                                                                      Kansas doesn't beat anyone, sometimes teams manage to find a way to lose to them.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Just reading this fucked the rest of my day...

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post
                                                                                          New in town?

Comment

#46
                                                                                            After this, let's have a thread where we figure out the most painful things we can do to our junk.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Panel on Get Up already made the case for Jerry plucking him out of Norman next season.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                the worst case scenario for me personally would be OU announcing they are leaving for the B1G because the academic money and possibility of AAU status are too great and that is more important than football or sports.

not because OU would be leaving OSU or the Big 12, but because we'd never hear the end of it from 48a.

Comment

#49

At least OU48 is consistent.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Was I expecting that someone would be critical of the existence of this thread? No

Does it surprise me? No

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1