Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is on your Mount Rushmore of college football announcers?

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Who is on your Mount Rushmore of college football announcers?

    Either TV or Radio. I don't care. Play-by-Play, Color, Sideline or Studio all eligible.

    Keith Jackson
    Brent Musburger
    John Brooks
    Frank Broyles
    Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

    #2
    Ditto.

    Comment


      #3
      I missed hearing Frank Broyles. Before my time. I know he was popular but I remember my Dad didn't like him because was always taking potshots at OU. Anyway, I've always thought that ABC Sports was the gold standard in sports broadcasting and I was able to enjoy them before Disney shut them down in 2006. so I would pick Musberger/Danielson (believe it or not Gary was quite good before he got Sabanized) and Nessler/Fouts I guess. I heard that Al Michaels was quite good at CFB play-by-play before he got the MNF gig but then again Al is pretty much the GOAT IMO.

      Comment


        #4
        Paul Finebaum, Lee Corso, Booger McFarland and Rod Gilmore

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Loose Shoes View Post
          I missed hearing Frank Broyles. Before my time.
          I always liked Frank as a coach and with his Joeja accent he was fun to listen to with Keith Jackson.

          However, a lot of OU fans didn't like him because of his perceived slights of OU. He also said a lot of good things about OU but there were several times he went over the top that OU fans of that era can never forget.

          I'll just use the '84 season to give you a few examples.

          1) Against OSU at the end of the season OU punted. The and the wind caught the ball and at the last minute the OSU guy ran up to the ball. There was an OU guy standing there. The OSU guy fumbled and we got it. Frank went ape shit about OU interfering with the punt. When in reality the OU guy actually stopped to give the OSU guy room and the OSU guy ran up on him.

          2) Against Texas, OU punter Mike Winchester went to his knees to field a snap and the refs didn't call it. Punt went off. Again, Frank went ape shit. "He went to his knees Keith, that should be Texas' ball right theyuh." Exactly two plays after the punt Texas sat on the OU two yard line and produced one of the greatest goal line stands in history. Texas fans have always maintained that this missed call was as big a deal as the blatant robbery that occurred shortly thereafter.

          3) Later in that game when Texas got the ball for their last drive and we got absolutely screwed by them discounting Keith Stanberry's INT in the end zone to seal the game (During that drive OU recovered a legit fumble at mid field, Texas got bailed out on 3rd and 10 by a dubious PI and shortly before the the INT in the end zone they were added by a 3rd down phantom offsides against OU).

          Anyway, after the game was ended 15-15 and it was obvious that OU got screwed, Frank says "Well good fuh Texas, and too bad fuh Oklahoma".....

          Keith Jackson in his best WTF voice said to Frank.

          "Too bad? There will be raging and thunder about this in Norman for a long time to come."

          As for the thread topic, when I was a kid we pretty much just had one TV game a week (maybe two) and so we always had Bud, Chris (Schenkel) and Bill Fleming. Class guys who just described the action on the field and didn't try to be the center of attention.



          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

            I always liked Frank as a coach and with his Joeja accent he was fun to listen to with Keith Jackson.

            However, a lot of OU fans didn't like him because of his perceived slights of OU. He also said a lot of good things about OU but there were several times he went over the top that OU fans of that era can never forget.

            I'll just use the '84 season to give you a few examples.

            1) Against OSU at the end of the season OU punted. The and the wind caught the ball and at the last minute the OSU guy ran up to the ball. There was an OU guy standing there. The OSU guy fumbled and we got it. Frank went ape shit about OU interfering with the punt. When in reality the OU guy actually stopped to give the OSU guy room and the OSU guy ran up on him.

            2) Against Texas, OU punter Mike Winchester went to his knees to field a snap and the refs didn't call it. Punt went off. Again, Frank went ape shit. "He went to his knees Keith, that should be Texas' ball right theyuh." Exactly two plays after the punt Texas sat on the OU two yard line and produced one of the greatest goal line stands in history. Texas fans have always maintained that this missed call was as big a deal as the blatant robbery that occurred shortly thereafter.

            3) Later in that game when Texas got the ball for their last drive and we got absolutely screwed by them discounting Keith Stanberry's INT in the end zone to seal the game (During that drive OU recovered a legit fumble at mid field, Texas got bailed out on 3rd and 10 by a dubious PI and shortly before the the INT in the end zone they were added by a 3rd down phantom offsides against OU).

            Anyway, after the game was ended 15-15 and it was obvious that OU got screwed, Frank says "Well good fuh Texas, and too bad fuh Oklahoma".....

            Keith Jackson in his best WTF voice said to Frank.

            "Too bad? There will be raging and thunder about this in Norman for a long time to come."

            As for the thread topic, when I was a kid we pretty much just had one TV game a week (maybe two) and so we always had Bud, Chris (Schenkel) and Bill Fleming. Class guys who just described the action on the field and didn't try to be the center of attention.


            I always appreciate your insights.

            Comment


              #7
              Gary Danielson used to be the best, that's why CBS hired him. But ever since he's so far gone up the SEC's ass I can't stomach him anymore. Vern was good too but same issue. I get it though, part of the job.

              I like Nessler. But even he greatly annoyed me in the 2001 Orange Bowl, talking about Stoops and Ohio State in the waning seconds of our 7th title. Still he's a pro. Also always liked Herbie until recently.

              But this is Mount Rushmore...so I don't know. I never have liked most of them. Some of them are good, Todd Blackledge, Joel Klatt. But these aren't historical Rushmore types.

              Keith Jackson hated OU (and all other non West coast powers). I don't get the love affair. My dad loved him too, so it could be generational. Same with Musburger who always pulls for the underdog. That's rarely OU.

              For me, I like guys like Dick Enberg, though not known as a CFB announcer. He just seemed genuinely excited and did an excellent job. Gus is moving up my ranks. I don't think he plays favorites. Just tries a little too hard to coin slogans. The guy who does ND at NBC is good too. Dan..?

              I guess I might have John Brooks and Mike Treps for nostalgia's sake. And the other two...eh, I don't know. I'm genuinely not someone that needs announcers to be homers. At the same time, I cannot stand when they openly root for someone (national guys). I can forgive being caught up in a monumental upset like Boise State but game in and game out bias is infuriating.

              In the end, none are worthy to me for that kind of reverence. The 4 best currently? I'll go Klatt, Blackledge, Nessler and...Gus, I guess. Though honorable mention to Rece Davis. I can't choose Dusty because that's too obvious.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

                I always liked Frank as a coach and with his Joeja accent he was fun to listen to with Keith Jackson.

                However, a lot of OU fans didn't like him because of his perceived slights of OU. He also said a lot of good things about OU but there were several times he went over the top that OU fans of that era can never forget.

                I'll just use the '84 season to give you a few examples.

                1) Against OSU at the end of the season OU punted. The and the wind caught the ball and at the last minute the OSU guy ran up to the ball. There was an OU guy standing there. The OSU guy fumbled and we got it. Frank went ape shit about OU interfering with the punt. When in reality the OU guy actually stopped to give the OSU guy room and the OSU guy ran up on him.

                2) Against Texas, OU punter Mike Winchester went to his knees to field a snap and the refs didn't call it. Punt went off. Again, Frank went ape shit. "He went to his knees Keith, that should be Texas' ball right theyuh." Exactly two plays after the punt Texas sat on the OU two yard line and produced one of the greatest goal line stands in history. Texas fans have always maintained that this missed call was as big a deal as the blatant robbery that occurred shortly thereafter.

                3) Later in that game when Texas got the ball for their last drive and we got absolutely screwed by them discounting Keith Stanberry's INT in the end zone to seal the game (During that drive OU recovered a legit fumble at mid field, Texas got bailed out on 3rd and 10 by a dubious PI and shortly before the the INT in the end zone they were added by a 3rd down phantom offsides against OU).

                Anyway, after the game was ended 15-15 and it was obvious that OU got screwed, Frank says "Well good fuh Texas, and too bad fuh Oklahoma".....

                Keith Jackson in his best WTF voice said to Frank.

                "Too bad? There will be raging and thunder about this in Norman for a long time to come."

                As for the thread topic, when I was a kid we pretty much just had one TV game a week (maybe two) and so we always had Bud, Chris (Schenkel) and Bill Fleming. Class guys who just described the action on the field and didn't try to be the center of attention.


                Keith Jackson’s comments about Oklahoma soiling the floor of the Rose Bowl in 2002 were unforgivable.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by OU48A View Post

                  Keith Jackson’s comments about Oklahoma soiling the floor of the Rose Bowl in 2002 were unforgivable.
                  He said other stuff in the 80s and 90s too. I don't remember quotes or anything I just always disliked him. Always. FYI, I started watching CFB mid 80s.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Nessler
                    Musberger
                    Jackson
                    Johnson

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Al Michaels, Bill Fleming, Chris Schenkel, Bud Wilkinson, Brent Musburger.

                      Too bad about Keith Jackson being such a dick!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Gus " HOLLYWOOOOOD!!! " Johnson

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Lindsey Nelson, Curt Gowdy, Bud Wilkinson, Keith Jackson. They gotta be dead before they're on the mountain.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            “Whoooaaa Nellie!”

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I spent a lot of time as a kid, leaning toward the radio waiting for Brooks/Treps voice to get louder

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Nessler/Danielson when they were paired back in the 90’s were about as good as I’ve heard.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  The guys I hold in he highest esteem and do a great job are below:








                                  1. Saturday me
                                  2. Thursday me
                                  3. Sunday me
                                  4. Friday me

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Mount Rushmore? For football announcers? Football announcers are among the many jobs unworthy of a Mount Rushmore (as unimpressive as it is.) Maybe pinatas are a more worthy option. Many a football announcer would make a good pinata.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by tenaciOUs b View Post
                                      Mount Rushmore? For football announcers? Football announcers are among the many jobs unworthy of a Mount Rushmore (as unimpressive as it is.) Maybe pinatas are a more worthy option. Many a football announcer would make a good pinata.
                                      Maybe a plaque in the college football Hall of Fame about votes taken on this by Dirtburglars in 2019

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        If it's a Sooner game, much of the time it's on mute because I don't need something else to get irritated by, the OU defense always has me keyed up. I like Herbstreit, a couple others. Gus Johnson is too over-the-top, constantly. I liked Keith Jackson back in the day, not Broyles. Musberger was either really good or really infuriating.

                                        Madden and Summerall are the best ever, but yeah, they did the pros.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          I really enjoyed Ron Franklin before he got canned.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Keith Jackson
                                            Brent Musburger
                                            Chris Schenkel
                                            Frank Broyles

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              I don’t think you can mix and match play by play and color guys. They’re such different jobs. Mine is for college football only.

                                              Play by play:
                                              Brent Musberger
                                              Keith Jackson
                                              Gus Johnson
                                              Brad Nessler

                                              Color:
                                              Kirk Herbstreit
                                              Joel Klatt
                                              Gary Danielson (before he went to CBS and became an SEC shill)
                                              Bob Griese

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Brent Musberger
                                                Herbie
                                                *not* Gus Johnson
                                                *not* Dave Lapham

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
                                                  Nessler/Danielson when they were paired back in the 90’s were about as good as I’ve heard.
                                                  Nessler used to be partnered with Griese and Lynn Swann was the sideline reporter. Musberger was partnered with Danielson with Jack Arute on the sideline. That’s how I remember it anyway.

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    Originally posted by SoonerWiggle View Post
                                                    Brent Musberger
                                                    Herbie
                                                    *not* Gus Johnson
                                                    *not* Dave Lapham
                                                    Yeah, Gus sucks. All he did was create the single most popular nickname in OU football history.

                                                    Comment


                                                      #27
                                                      Couldn't remember Griese, yeah he's good

                                                      Comment


                                                        #28
                                                        On TV, Bill Fleming, Chris Schenkel, Curt Gowdy, and Joel Klatt.


                                                        On the radio, no one comes close to the late Bob Ufer of Michigan. Some of his regular "Uferisms"

                                                        :
                                                        "This game is coming to you from the hole that Yost dug, Crisler paid for, Canham carpeted and Bo fills up every cotton-picking Saturday in the fall!"



                                                        "God bless his maize and blue Meeechigan heart."


                                                        "Football is a religion and Saturday is the holy day of obligation."


                                                        "All of us up here in the Water Wonderland of Meeeechigan never forget that Ohio is a four letter word."


                                                        "I hope you're listening to this broadcast on the Meeeechigan football network from wherever you are....from coast to coast......the coast of Lake Erie to the coast of Lake Michigan."


                                                        "Woody is sending his offense onto the field. Doctor Strange Hayes is setting up for surgery on that eastern sideline for the Buckeyes."


                                                        "Five minutes to go; Meeeechigan ball and up by....... You can bet your cotton picken maize and blue Meeeeechigan heart that ole Bo 'George Patton' Schembechler is going to stay on the ground now. His troops are going to attack on the ground just like the troops storming Normandy."






                                                        Comment


                                                          #29
                                                          Bob Ufer radio call during pregame when Ohio State in 1973 takes the field and tears down the M banner at midfield.

                                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04C9pnZQ68w

                                                          And four years later, Ohio State tries to take down the M banner during pregame. Five student athletes from other Michigan teams (Hockey) take on the Buckeye football team. Hilarious!!

                                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2t2eNvqAQs
                                                          Last edited by MichSooner; 06-26-2019, 03:14 PM.

                                                          Comment


                                                            #30
                                                            Originally posted by soonerbms View Post

                                                            Nessler used to be partnered with Griese and Lynn Swann was the sideline reporter. Musberger was partnered with Danielson with Jack Arute on the sideline. That’s how I remember it anyway.
                                                            You’re right on those pairings, they just occurred a little later than when I’m talking about (early-mid 90’s). Nessler /Griese/ Swann did our NCG in ‘01, FWIW.

                                                            Comment


                                                              #31
                                                              Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

                                                              I always liked Frank as a coach and with his Joeja accent he was fun to listen to with Keith Jackson.

                                                              However, a lot of OU fans didn't like him because of his perceived slights of OU. He also said a lot of good things about OU but there were several times he went over the top that OU fans of that era can never forget.

                                                              I'll just use the '84 season to give you a few examples.

                                                              1) Against OSU at the end of the season OU punted. The and the wind caught the ball and at the last minute the OSU guy ran up to the ball. There was an OU guy standing there. The OSU guy fumbled and we got it. Frank went ape shit about OU interfering with the punt. When in reality the OU guy actually stopped to give the OSU guy room and the OSU guy ran up on him.

                                                              2) Against Texas, OU punter Mike Winchester went to his knees to field a snap and the refs didn't call it. Punt went off. Again, Frank went ape shit. "He went to his knees Keith, that should be Texas' ball right theyuh." Exactly two plays after the punt Texas sat on the OU two yard line and produced one of the greatest goal line stands in history. Texas fans have always maintained that this missed call was as big a deal as the blatant robbery that occurred shortly thereafter.

                                                              3) Later in that game when Texas got the ball for their last drive and we got absolutely screwed by them discounting Keith Stanberry's INT in the end zone to seal the game (During that drive OU recovered a legit fumble at mid field, Texas got bailed out on 3rd and 10 by a dubious PI and shortly before the the INT in the end zone they were added by a 3rd down phantom offsides against OU).

                                                              Anyway, after the game was ended 15-15 and it was obvious that OU got screwed, Frank says "Well good fuh Texas, and too bad fuh Oklahoma".....

                                                              Keith Jackson in his best WTF voice said to Frank.

                                                              "Too bad? There will be raging and thunder about this in Norman for a long time to come."

                                                              As for the thread topic, when I was a kid we pretty much just had one TV game a week (maybe two) and so we always had Bud, Chris (Schenkel) and Bill Fleming. Class guys who just described the action on the field and didn't try to be the center of attention.


                                                              I almost... almost.. shot my texas neighbor that day... FK Frank Broyles.. overrated, pompous douchebag. I would dynamite his face off of there, if there was a there.. there..

                                                              Comment


                                                                #32
                                                                Keith Jackson
                                                                Bill Stern 1940-50s legend
                                                                Jim Zabel on road trips used to listen to Iowa replay on Saturday nights on WHO, Des Moines with Ed Podalak doing commentary
                                                                Larry Munson iconic twang of the "Georgia Bulldog Network"

                                                                In the 1950s-60s could hear LSU football on clear channel out of New Orleans and the announcers could really roll those cajun names of
                                                                LSU players, accents were great.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #33
                                                                  Gus Johnson is too over the top. He drives me crazy

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #34
                                                                    Originally posted by SoonerWiggle View Post
                                                                    Brent Musberger
                                                                    Herbie
                                                                    *not* Gus Johnson
                                                                    *not* Dave Lapham
                                                                    If we are going to go that route, how about *not* Petros Papadakis? He is the absolute worst. Even worse than Dave Lapham.

                                                                    Originally posted by soonerbms View Post

                                                                    Yeah, Gus sucks. All he did was create the single most popular nickname in OU football history.
                                                                    Two of them, actually, that I can think of: Hollywood and Calcutta
                                                                    Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #35
                                                                      mine is not so much a mt rushmore, but a burghers of calais.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #36
                                                                        "Whoa, Nellie, lemme tell you about Keith Jackson."

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #37
                                                                          I always liked Don Criqui (sp?) and Bob Trumpy. Mostly because it meant I was watching OU in the Orange Bowl.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #38
                                                                            Originally posted by MichSooner View Post
                                                                            On TV, Bill Fleming, Chris Schenkel, Curt Gowdy, and Joel Klatt.


                                                                            On the radio, no one comes close to the late Bob Ufer of Michigan. Some of his regular "Uferisms"

                                                                            :
                                                                            "This game is coming to you from the hole that Yost dug, Crisler paid for, Canham carpeted and Bo fills up every cotton-picking Saturday in the fall!"




                                                                            "God bless his maize and blue Meeechigan heart."


                                                                            "Football is a religion and Saturday is the holy day of obligation."


                                                                            "All of us up here in the Water Wonderland of Meeeechigan never forget that Ohio is a four letter word."


                                                                            "I hope you're listening to this broadcast on the Meeeechigan football network from wherever you are....from coast to coast......the coast of Lake Erie to the coast of Lake Michigan."


                                                                            "Woody is sending his offense onto the field. Doctor Strange Hayes is setting up for surgery on that eastern sideline for the Buckeyes."


                                                                            "Five minutes to go; Meeeechigan ball and up by....... You can bet your cotton picken maize and blue Meeeeechigan heart that ole Bo 'George Patton' Schembechler is going to stay on the ground now. His troops are going to attack on the ground just like the troops storming Normandy."
                                                                            ^Great postings^

                                                                            The year OU played Michigan in the Orange bowl (1975 season) the radio contracts were not the same as we have today...

                                                                            Mike Treps and Bob Ufer shared radio duties of the national radio game broadcast which I recorded on a cassette tape while watching on TV. They took turns calling one quarter of play at a time

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #39
                                                                              What, no Ed Cunningham yet?

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                                                                Either TV or Radio. I don't care. Play-by-Play, Color, Sideline or Studio all eligible.

                                                                                Keith Jackson
                                                                                Brent Musburger
                                                                                John Brooks
                                                                                Frank Broyles
                                                                                Who is John Brooks? I know the others.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Abner T Rigshaw III View Post

                                                                                  Who is John Brooks? I know the others.
                                                                                  I'll help you out before you get WTF'd off the board.

                                                                                  https://oabok.org/awards/oab-hall-of...s/john-brooks/

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    #42
                                                                                    B. Nessler
                                                                                    B. Musberger
                                                                                    K. Jackson
                                                                                    V. Lundquist

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      #43
                                                                                      Haven’t seen Gary Bender mentioned yet; he was always one of my favorites.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Abner T Rigshaw III View Post

                                                                                        Who is John Brooks? I know the others.
                                                                                        Originally posted by Salt City Sooner View Post

                                                                                        I'll help you out before you get WTF'd off the board.

                                                                                        https://oabok.org/awards/oab-hall-of...s/john-brooks/
                                                                                        Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by MichSooner View Post

                                                                                          On the radio, no one comes close to the late Bob Ufer of Michigan. Some of his regular "Uferisms"

                                                                                          :
                                                                                          "This game is coming to you from the hole that Yost dug, Crisler paid for, Canham carpeted and Bo fills up every cotton-picking Saturday in the fall!"



                                                                                          "God bless his maize and blue Meeechigan heart."


                                                                                          "Football is a religion and Saturday is the holy day of obligation."


                                                                                          "All of us up here in the Water Wonderland of Meeeechigan never forget that Ohio is a four letter word."


                                                                                          "I hope you're listening to this broadcast on the Meeeechigan football network from wherever you are....from coast to coast......the coast of Lake Erie to the coast of Lake Michigan."


                                                                                          "Woody is sending his offense onto the field. Doctor Strange Hayes is setting up for surgery on that eastern sideline for the Buckeyes."


                                                                                          "Five minutes to go; Meeeechigan ball and up by....... You can bet your cotton picken maize and blue Meeeeechigan heart that ole Bo 'George Patton' Schembechler is going to stay on the ground now. His troops are going to attack on the ground just like the troops storming Normandy."





                                                                                          I'm not a Michigan fan at all, but those quotes are pretty awesome. Over-the-top homer announcers are great.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            #46
                                                                                            I'm not sure if I can think of four announcers for a Mount Rushmore. It's Keith Jackson and everyone else.

                                                                                            Keith gets a bad rap from some OU fans due to slights to our program over the years. I do appreciate, though, his farewell tour in 2005. By then, he was only calling Pac 10 games. He made the effort to "go over the big mountains" to call OU-Texas one last time, and the 100th OU-OSU game. (sure, that was the year Vince Young lit us up on the way to a NC) I see that as a compliment to our program on the way out the door.

                                                                                            He got on my nerves until he became old and crazy, but Brent Musburger comes close to Keith Jackson.

                                                                                            Kirk Herbstreit will end up on this list, if he's not there already. He's an analyst, but he's the modern voice of college football.

                                                                                            Most of the legendary college football announcers are/were home team radio broadcasters. Their fame is deep, but not wide. People like Larry Munson (Georgia) are legendary.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Salt City Sooner View Post

                                                                                              I'll help you out before you get WTF'd off the board.

                                                                                              https://oabok.org/awards/oab-hall-of...s/john-brooks/
                                                                                              I was hoping it was a different John Brooks. I guess the OP is talking about an Oklahoma Mount Rushmore of c.f.

                                                                                              In that case,
                                                                                              Bud
                                                                                              Teddy
                                                                                              Brooks
                                                                                              BBS

                                                                                              The only one people outside would know is Bud.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by TonySoprano View Post
                                                                                                Nessler
                                                                                                Musberger
                                                                                                Jackson
                                                                                                Johnson
                                                                                                Boom.

                                                                                                Maybe I'm showing my age, but I can't believe Nessler isn't at the top of the list.

                                                                                                While I do greatly respect Jackson, I think he's overrated. Mostly because he tipped his hand far too often for my taste. Basically a more venerable version of Musberger.

                                                                                                Nessler never indicated that he was "for" one team over another. Just called the game straight. The emotion he expressed typically reflected the excitement of the game itself, not partiality for one team over another.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Dr. X View Post

                                                                                                  Boom.

                                                                                                  Maybe I'm showing my age, but I can't believe Nessler isn't at the top of the list.

                                                                                                  While I do greatly respect Jackson, I think he's overrated. Mostly because he tipped his hand far too often for my taste. Basically a more venerable version of Musberger.

                                                                                                  Nessler never indicated that he was "for" one team over another. Just called the game straight. The emotion he expressed typically reflected the excitement of the game itself, not partiality for one team over another.
                                                                                                  Who was Jackson rooting for?

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    #50
                                                                                                    You can go to youtube and probably get calls from any announcer.
                                                                                                    Listen to a few of Larry Munsons' the other day and they were off the wall.
                                                                                                    Homer vote for OU alum and classmate Ross Porter if he did football besides baseball.
                                                                                                    Last edited by 61Sooner; 06-29-2019, 09:50 PM.

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Go To Top

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1