First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebraska

Come back where you belong! Money (B10) is no substitute for winning. Come back and recruit your traditional hunting grounds. For your own good.

Nah. Fuck 'em.

Comment

......without their steroids program of the 70’s they’re harmless

SS

Comment

Originally posted by CalSOONER View Post
        Nah. Fuck 'em.
        I don't know why people want Nebraska back. I'm fine with them staying gone forever.

Comment

Originally posted by LakelandSooner View Post

I don't know why people want Nebraska back. I'm fine with them staying gone forever.
          I agree they hung on to our coattails long enough. They are nothing without us.

Comment

That would create an interesting situation, we would have the Big11 and Big13 conferences. Or, BIXI and BIGX<3.

Someone needs to start a Realignment Thread, that would be cool.

Comment

...on the schedule the next 2 years!

Comment

Hell with the Nebbish----They will never be back as a contender----- Hope they enjoy those 4 win seasons

Comment

They can rot where they are. I’m cool with playing them occasionally but they made their bed. They can lie in it.

Comment

Of course I have a selfish motive insofar as I am moving to Omaha in 2 weeks.

Nevertheless, I am a traditionalist and miss that rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by rhettSodipop View Post
                      ...on the schedule the next 2 years!
                      And they'll get more attention than they've gotten since leaving the Big XII. You're welcome Nebraska.

Comment

They need to go retro and grab their old name again. The nebraska bugeaters!! Perfect for them, and tommie osborne.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahSooner83 View Post

You know winter starts early up there, right?

Comment

Yes, but their summers are way less lot than in OK. Heck, winters here in Utah can be pretty brutal.

Comment

Yes, but their summers are way less lot than in OK. Heck, winters here in Utah can be pretty brutal.
                              Heh, you think Utah has rough winters, hell we had 2" of snow on the ground here in West Tulsa last week.

Comment

I think the sport is better when the good teams are decentralized and low population, forgotten regions have teams worth rooting for, so from that standpoint I wish Nebraska was better.

Overall, I don't care about Nebraska, I'm fine kicking their butt twice every 15 years for the tradition, but I appreciate them being our canary in a conference realignment coal mine

Comment

I kind of liked the idea of Nebraska returning, but this year has shown that they're not just whiny fucks, but world-class whiny fucks--from upper administration on down. They bitch and moan so much that I'm come to take UT's side in their little verbal rivalry.

Comment

Of course I have a selfish motive insofar as I am moving to Omaha...
                                    just looking at omaha schools ...

do the huskers play Doane University? That might be a great matchup.

if not, the women's College of St Mary might be able to pull together 11 girls to give the huskers a game.

blackshirts vs pink tops for all the corn!

Comment

One of the "cutest" things about playing Nebraska all those years is that we used to make fun of them up there. A bunch of starry eyed bumpkin corn farmers was our perception of them. "Welcome to Nebraska, please turn your clocks back 20 years"...stuff like that.

Meanwhile when we would go up there, you could tell that although they were nice and friendly....they thought WE were the bumpkin "hillbillies" that Callahan actually said out loud.

I am certainly biased, but I always felt like we were the more sophisticated simply because we didn't worship the coaches and players the way they did. It was bizarre.

I'm sure it's different now that they suck. But it will be interesting for you to live among them and see what your observations were.

Comment

I member the dark days when the best OU could do was 5 wins a season. Nebbish is that plus a COVID season. Dark days indeed.

Comment

It’s gonna be fun whipping their ass the next couple of years

Comment

Originally posted by SouthSider View Post
                                            ......without their steroids program of the 70’s they’re harmless

SS
                                            No steroids + no partial qualifiers = no chance to be competitive again.

Comment

Fuck those drama queen high maintenance bitches.

Comment

Sorry, but no. They chose to follow their legendary Coach turned AD out the door & into mediocrity. If/When we expand, let’s add value to the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

And they'll get more attention than they've gotten since leaving the Big XII. You're welcome Nebraska.
                                                  ......I hope they enjoy the televised games

SS

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                                    Sorry, but no. They chose to follow their legendary Coach turned AD out the door & into mediocrity. If/When we expand, let’s add value to the conference.
                                                    Exactly. I don't see Nebraska adding that much at this point. Also why help them out by letting them recruit Texas again.

Comment

Exactly. I don't see Nebraska adding that much at this point. Also why help them out by letting them recruit Texas again.
                                                      You really think they stopped recruiting Texas because they went to the B1G?

Comment

No, but they had WAY less success. They’re not Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

No, but they had WAY less success. They’re not Ohio State.
                                                          I looked at their roster and the majority of players on there are from the state of Nebraska, I think that might explain some of their lack of success on the field. And they have 7 guys from Texas and 5 or 6 from Oklahoma.

Comment

It's a lot harder to get a kid to go to Nebraska when you can't tell them that they will get to play games close to their family.

Comment

It's a lot harder to get a kid to go to Nebraska when you can't tell them that they will get to play games close to their family.
                                                              I get that but half the games are still in Lincoln no matter what conference they're in.

Comment

I looked at their roster and the majority of players on there are from the state of Nebraska, I think that might explain some of their lack of success on the field. And they have 7 guys from Texas and 5 or 6 from Oklahoma.
                                                                It’s actually shocking how many of their players are from the state of Nebraska. If 60% of OU’s team was from Oklahoma, regardless of what certain people around here say, we wouldn’t even be competitive in the Big 12.

Comment

It’s actually shocking how many of their players are from the state of Nebraska. If 60% of OU’s team was from Oklahoma, regardless of what certain people around here say, we wouldn’t even be competitive in the Big 12.
                                                                  Agreed, and I was really surprised when I seen that. There can't be that many good D1 players coming out of the state of Nebraska. Really says a lot about the state of that program that players don't want to go there.

Comment

Agreed, and I was really surprised when I seen that. There can't be that many good D1 players coming out of the state of Nebraska. Really says a lot about the state of that program that players don't want to go there.
                                                                    Another thing I noticed is that they don’t have many players from the Big 10 footprint. You’d think they would be able to attract a fair amount of Midwest talent after a decade but I guess not.

Comment

In their last two recruiting classes (45 signees), 7 are from Nebraska and 7 from Florida.

Comment

Another thing I noticed is that they don’t have many players from the Big 10 footprint. You’d think they would be able to attract a fair amount of Midwest talent after a decade but I guess not.
                                                                        I guess those players don't want to play for last place in the conference every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Balko View Post

In their last two recruiting classes (45 signees), 7 are from Nebraska and 7 from Florida.
                                                                          Yeah, I seen those players from Florida on there, I'm sure they're not the cream of the crop either.

Comment

Yeah, I seen those players from Florida on there, I'm sure they're not the cream of the crop either.
                                                                            Frost time in Florida paid off a little with those recruits, but it won't last if he can't win. I miss the matchups, but they burned the bridge when they left and the Big 12 can do better.

Comment

#39
                                                                              They weren't winning in the Big 12 either. Remember when both Kansas and Texas Tech rang up 70+ points on them?

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by zcaa0g View Post
                                                                                They weren't winning in the Big 12 either. Remember when both Kansas and Texas Tech rang up 70+ points on them?
                                                                                Yeah, but I remember when teams were ringing up points on us, and we were winning 4 games a year. Therefore, I have some humility and thus some compassion for the Husker nation.

They badly needed some humility themselves. But I think they have suffered enough. It's time to bring them back home. The Big XII needs some new members, and I can't see any two teams better than Nebraska to bring back.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Amen to that. You summed up my feelings well, your highness.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Fuck Nebraska. I’m pretty sure the only people that still consider them rivals are olds. This rivalry died in the 90s. Get over it.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by King Barry View Post

I can't see any two teams better than Nebraska to bring back.

You may be King but you're not very good with math, two teams?

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Nebraska and Cincy, in my opinion should enter the conference

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Nebraska got what they asked for. I hope that extra money was worth the trade off of never mattering in college football anymore. They couldn’t compete in the AAC. Just a nothing program
                                                                                          now with no hope of being great.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Nebraska and Cincy, in my opinion should enter the conference
                                                                                            I would like to bring back Nebraska and maybe Iowa or Arkansas. No reason the Big 12 cannot take schools from the Big 10 and SEC.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Trip View Post

No steroids + no partial qualifiers = no chance to be competitive again.
                                                                                              do not forget the walkon program including 79 players who were on county schollies.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                "Legends in their own Minds"

Comment

#49

I agree they hung on to our coattails long enough. They are nothing without us.
                                                                                                  Tradition? Rivalry? That was a GREAT rivalry back in the day, so why would you not want that? Big12 is consider a fucking joke because OU owns it. Some see that as awesome, no compeition and we can win the Big12 each and every year. Some, like myself, want a brand that is considered tough year in and year out. We own Basketball, I guess that is good for most.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Nebraska is no prize and deserves the perdition they've created for themselves, but I could hold my nose and welcome them back only because 1) B12 could use more flagship schools and 2) it would be a step toward getting back to 12 schools/2 divisions.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1