#1 OT Tristan Leigh Announces today

Might be pick ou might not who fuckin knows

Between 2-4 pm

Comment

Caleb has been recruiting him hard so hopefully it pays off

Comment

who knows where he goes...could be tOSU

Comment

Clemson, Florida, LSU and Oklahoma are the four finalist...per the recruiting experts.

Two of those got embarrassed this week.

One didn’t go bowling but had a shit season

One dominated Florida’s ass big time.

I like our chances based on the “what have you done lately” criteria.

Comment

Watch the crystal balls slowly flip to LSU today. No reason - I’ve just gotten pretty cynical on recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by yfzracer111 View Post
              Caleb has been recruiting him hard so hopefully it pays off
              I don’t think Caleb has as much influence as we hope he does. I think he’s well liked but maybe not too persuasive.

Comment

Originally posted by really View Post
                who knows where he goes...could be tOSU
                Possibly....tOSU was on his list at one time.

Comment

Word on the recruiting board is that it looks to be Clemson. We'll see what the crystal balls start saying. I'm not especially confident.

Comment

Originally posted by novasooner View Post
                    Word on the recruiting board is that it looks to be Clemson. We'll see what the crystal balls start saying. I'm not especially confident.
                    Did anyone in that board watch last night’s game....

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

Did anyone in that board watch last night’s game....
                      I'm sure lots of us enjoyed the game, bittersweet as it is to see tOSU advance, but in the end these decisions come down to more than single games or peer-to-peer recruiting pitches. Would love to have him, but his family rubs me the wrong way. But what do I know? I'm just an asshole on a message board.

Comment

I'm sure lots of us enjoyed the game, bittersweet as it is to see tOSU advance, but in the end these decisions come down to more than single games or peer-to-peer recruiting pitches. Would love to have him, but his family rubs me the wrong way. But what do I know? I'm just an asshole on a message board.
                        I know that they really liked Norman but we have girlfriends and family relocation involved in this. The logistics of all this when you live in NOVA would suggest that Clemson is the easiest move.

Comment

As far as Clemson, just because they lost big doesn't carry all the weight necessarily. What does their offensive line look like after seniors graduate and underclassmen decide to go pro. What are the numbers? What are chances of seeing field? OU has a good shot; the losers of CFP games are not necessarily eliminated from recruiting though.

Comment

We should know tomorrow for sure.

Comment

Not holding my breath. The guy could be in the mix at LT next year, but, whatever. We could be projected to be preseason #1, put 15 guys in the 2022 NFL draft, and have the best offensive staff in the country, and we still wouldn't get these guys. Geez!

Comment

For what it's worth, there is a fresh CB for Leigh to OU from an LSU insider. I'll take that considering on Wheaton's announcement day, early CB's pointed Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by LTCSooner View Post
                                  Not holding my breath. The guy could be in the mix at LT next year, but, whatever. We could be projected to be preseason #1, put 15 guys in the 2022 NFL draft, and have the best offensive staff in the country, and we still wouldn't get these guys. Geez!
                                  You’re a real sunshine pumper aren’t you.

Comment

Don’t let that hold you down. If you try harder, you could become an asshole in real life too. Set a goal, work hard, aspiration is a wonderful thing. You don’t have to be “Just an asshole on a message board” forever. Think big. You can do it.

Comment

Comment

Clemson isn't exactly a short haul from NoVA. I mean, he would be closer to NoVA for away games, but Clemson is about an 8 hour drive. Might as well get on a plane. And if you're going to get on a plane, you might as well fly to Oklahoma.

Comment

Still kinda pissed we lost Wheaton to Bama. Fuck those guys.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

I don’t think Caleb has as much influence as we hope he does. I think he’s well liked but maybe not too persuasive.
                                              If I was a OT blocking for the #1 QB in the nation would be high on my list. He should get a lot of airtime blocking for Rattler/Caleb. BB is one of the best O-line coaches in the game that's put way less naturally talented players than him in the league. The O-line will have room for him after next year as well assuming he doesn't beat out an upperclassman next year.

Comment

Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
                                                Clemson isn't exactly a short haul from NoVA. I mean, he would be closer to NoVA for away games, but Clemson is about an 8 hour drive. Might as well get on a plane. And if you're going to get on a plane, you might as well fly to Oklahoma.
                                                Going to games really isn't the issue. The issue is that the family and apparently the girlfriend are all going to relocate where Tristan goes. Clemson is still in the same part of the country as NoVa. From a logistics and cultural standpoint Clemson may seem more comfortable to them than to move all the way out to Oklahoma.

The mom is a nurse supervisor and an APRN so she can get a job anywhere. But the girlfriend? Who knows what she is thinking. And for Tristan and his brother? As programs, Oklahoma and Clemson is pretty close to a wash.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

Going to games really isn't the issue. The issue is that the family and apparently the girlfriend are all going to relocate where Tristan goes. Clemson is still in the same part of the country as NoVa. From a logistics and cultural standpoint Clemson may seem more comfortable to them than to move all the way out to Oklahoma.

The mom is a nurse supervisor and an APRN so she can get a job anywhere. But the girlfriend? Who knows what she is thinking. And for Tristan and his brother? As programs, Oklahoma and Clemson is pretty close to a wash.

I'd fly from DCA to LAX before contemplating driving south on I-95 out of NOVA on a friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner5030 View Post

I'd fly from DCA to LAX before contemplating driving south on I-95 out of NOVA on a friday.
                                                    Oof no joke. I95 from DC to Fredericksburg...or...I5 from LA to San Diego

Might be the worst drives to make in traffic in America.

Alpharetta to ATL on the 400 is right there.

Comment

Originally posted by yfzracer111 View Post

If I was a OT blocking for the #1 QB in the nation would be high on my list. He should get a lot of airtime blocking for Rattler/Caleb. BB is one of the best O-line coaches in the game that's put way less naturally talented players than him in the league. The O-line will have room for him after next year as well assuming he doesn't beat out an upperclassman next year.
                                                      I agree with everything you said. But that doesn’t really have anything to do with my comment on CW’s recruiting influence or lack thereof.

Comment

More crystal balls coming in for OU. The only one still saying LSU is RJ Young. Lol.

Comment

More crystal balls coming in for OU. The only one still saying LSU is RJ Young. Lol.
                                                          This one could be game-changing. It's an elite player than can immediately elevate our weakest position.

Comment

Fong has Leigh to Clemson now.

Comment

Fong has Leigh to Clemson now.
                                                              Fuck Fong, we hate that motherfucker so bad right now. He needs to suck a dick and shut up....I don’t need him raining on this parade.

Comment

Another for Clemson. I think we’re done. What a surprise.

This class has ended with a big fizzle. Not sure what happened. And we only got 16 guys.

Comment

This class has ended with a big fizzle. Not sure what happened. And we only got 16 guys.
                                                                  Our star ranking is very high on those 16. I’m guessing Riley thinks he can fill gaps in the Portal.

Its an interesting strategy and sort of the first of its kind if he’s going that route.

Small, high quality classes, with elite QB’s, filling gaps through JUCO and Portal...

Comment

Originally posted by smusooner View Post

Our star ranking is very high on those 16. I’m guessing Riley thinks he can fill gaps in the Portal.

Its an interesting strategy and sort of the first of its kind if he’s going that route.

Small, high quality classes, with elite QB’s, filling gaps through JUCO and Portal...
                                                                    Yes it is. He’s going to have to fill gaps with high quality guys some way. You can’t recruit only 16 guys regardless of how highly regarded they are because a lot of them will inevitably be busts for a variety of reasons.

Comment

Wtf...how does a kid watch that shitshow and say, I want to be a part of that.

Comment

OU needs a mafia athletic director instead of one that merely dresses like one. My recommendation is Semion Mogilevich.

He would be completely untouchable and Wheaton could even now end up at OU and Saban and the NCAA would be made to like it. Mr. Mogilevich would need to work remotely though due to some uh...extenuating circumstances.

Comment

It's a bit alarming not having a single running back in the class up to this point regardless of OU's current personnel on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

Wtf...how does a kid watch that shitshow and say, I want to be a part of that.
                                                                            That’s what kids could’ve been saying about us last year. Except Clemson has recent CFP wins and championships to point to. We don’t.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Wiltfong crystallized balls are death sentences for OU recruiting

Comment

#40

That’s what kids could’ve been saying about us last year. Except Clemson has recent CFP wins and championships to point to. We don’t.
                                                                                Hush...nobody wants to hear facts. Clemson just got smashed.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  No worries, maybe OU can pickup another Swenson in the portal.

Comment

#42

he’s pretty much been all hat, no cattle. Struck out on everyone but Farooq.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Looks like this one's done: all the crystal balls went for Clemson.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Here I am again bringing up the fact that Ou will never sustain elite status recruiting 16 guys. There’s zero reason classes shouldn’t be 25+ EVERY year like sec teams.

Comment

#45

its shit strategy that gets you in spots like Michigan and Nebraska are.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I was really hoping for something positive in recruiting here at the end. Nothing. As usual, I won’t lose any sleep over it though.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Empire View Post
                                                                                              Still kinda pissed we lost Wheaton to Bama. Fuck those guys.
                                                                                              Just kind of? Lol im salty, we lost him and McClellan on the last day

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Boomer00 View Post
                                                                                                Here I am again bringing up the fact that Ou will never sustain elite status recruiting 16 guys. There’s zero reason classes shouldn’t be 25+ EVERY year like sec teams.
                                                                                                For OU, that means loading up on 3 star guys. Not sure that’s a winning strategy either.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  I'll give you permission to use this as your avatar:

Comment

#50

its shit strategy that gets you in spots like Michigan and Nebraska are.
                                                                                                    Id say Stevenson and Winfrey did us well!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1