First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OUVarsityXV View Post
    My wife & many of our friends are Black UT alums. This is really disgusting. I don't think this problem is unique to Texas but it certainly hits closer to home. One more reason to hate those goofballs.
    You're married to a UT Alum and you publicly admit it? What is wrong with you?

It does put a whole different spin on "fuck Texas", though. I gotta admit...

Comment

Originally posted by flatsix View Post

Not you...or you'd know.
      Not me either. Sad!

Comment

Not you...or you'd know.
        It would be if it stood for Big Muthafuckin' Deal.

Comment

You're married to a UT Alum and you publicly admit it? What is wrong with you?

It does put a whole different spin on "fuck Texas", though. I gotta admit...
          Since I’ve known her (2010) they’ve been a joke, so maybe she’s our good luck charm.

One particular UT donor said the “Black student population at UT was only 6% so no need to kowtow to this minority.”

Does he realize that the football players on scholarship are Black by the inverse of that ratio?

Comment

Since I’ve known her (2010) they’ve been a joke, so maybe she’s our good luck charm.

One particular UT donor said the “Black student population at UT was only 6% so no need to kowtow to this minority.”

Does he realize that the football players on scholarship are Black by the inverse of that ratio?
            Stupid is as stupid does.

Comment

For decades, there has been a tension between the BMD and the wokeness of the rest of campus, even before wokeness was a term. The rest of campus engaged in various marxist shenanigans while the football stadium was still named after a guy who refused to integrate the team until the 1970s.

THIS is Texas. Egos of big money and egos of social engineering. The two-headed beast. May it devour itself completely. May the rancor continue to be public.

Comment

Make Austin Great Again?

Comment

Hahahahaha *breath* hahahaha
                  These boosters are insane, just burn it down and start over. Riley might as well make this his email signature

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post
                    I also agree with the donor. All of the "blacks" should go to other schools. Let them field an all white team. lol. Fuck Texas. Somebody needs to send this to everyone they're recruiting.
                    Let’s chill on calling a football program racist on the two or three worst cherrypicked emails from some mummified oilmen. I expect if the OU Daily filed requests for the right things, they could do us some damage along the same lines, and while they’re at it come for our mascot and song for the umpteenth time.

Comment

Originally posted by AppySooner View Post

Let’s chill on calling a football program racist on the two or three worst cherrypicked emails from some mummified oilmen. I expect if the OU Daily filed requests for the right things, they could do us some damage along the same lines, and while they’re at it come for our mascot and song for the umpteenth time.
                      I get that. I'm not calling them anything, just rooting for UT chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post

Comment

Comment

My wife & many of our friends are Black UT alums. This is really disgusting. I don't think this problem is unique to Texas but it certainly hits closer to home. One more reason to hate those goofballs.
                            Hate em? Stuff likes this makes me LOVE em!

It's like those BMD's are standing in a room with only one gun to go around and they are scrambling to see who can be the first to shoot themselves in the foot.

Comment

All this over a song about railroad workers

Comment

"I woke up yesterday, and my dog had pooped on my kitchen floor," Hartzell responded to a friendly alumnus who emailed him applauding his leadership during the firestorm.

Just rub his nose in it like you've been doing to the big 12 all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomSoon2016 View Post

For sure, but you’re correct: it’s all about how it’s handled by leadership. aTm players seem to feel like their voices were heard, and as of now it’s a non-issue there.

Texas BMDs screwed the pooch by fighting this so publicly & adamantly. Had they let leadership handle it, might be in a similar place as aTm, and anger against ‘Eyes of Texas’ might have subsided as news cycle shifted to something else
                                  did they fight it publicly or did it become public against their wishes? It’s like saying the Watergate burglars shouldn’t have broken in so publicly.

Comment

LET IT BURN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Soonerjeepman View Post

my guess is the liberal snowflakes (of ALL races)....it's cool for blacks/Hispanics/Asians etc to be "proud" of their heritage and customs but as soon as a "white" person does it it's bad. So obvious...
                                      I'm pretty glad I'm Irish, English, and fat. There's a huge difference in being proud of a specific ethnicity and being proud of being white. Whereas lots of 'black' folks may not have access to their actual ethnic history and just need to rely on a color-based identity that got assigned to them historically. The same is true for other non-'white' folks to a lesser degree.

Also, Fuck Texas. That's an identity that everyone should agree has no place in this world.

Comment

1. Fuck texas.

B. This whole situation is ridiculous. On so many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5sr View Post
                                          Sark said, in an interview on 1310 The Ticket in Dallas last week, that everyone will sing the song.
                                          We'll see how that works out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lout View Post

I'm pretty glad I'm Irish, English, and fat. There's a huge difference in being proud of a specific ethnicity and being proud of being white. Whereas lots of 'black' folks may not have access to their actual ethnic history and just need to rely on a color-based identity that got assigned to them historically. The same is true for other non-'white' folks to a lesser degree.

Also, Fuck Texas. That's an identity that everyone should agree has no place in this world.
                                            You sure about that? Slaves came from a pretty small area in West Africa, and I'd have to hear your explanation for why later black immigrants to the US or any other non-white people would know their ethnicity to a lesser degree than white people.

Comment

For anybody that doesn't want to read the wall of words.

BMD's have essentially destroyed Whorn football for at least the next decade. Well at least made it so no highly recruited African American would ever attend there, which is essentially destroying it unless they can find about 40 really fast/athletic white football players. So yeah, more than essentially, they've destroyed it and it is fucking glorious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post
                                                What the hell is a BMD?
                                                Bigoted Motherfuckin Dicksuckers

Comment

Originally posted by eightisgreat View Post
                                                  For anybody that doesn't want to read the wall of words.

BMD's have essentially destroyed Whorn football for at least the next decade. Well at least made it so no highly recruited African American would ever attend there, which is essentially destroying it unless they can find about 40 really fast/athletic white football players. So yeah, more than essentially, they've destroyed it and it is fucking glorious.

How much do you want to bet more than zero highly recruited African American players ever sign with Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by MI Sooner View Post

How much do you want to bet more than zero highly recruited African American players ever sign with Texas?
                                                    He doesn't have a very good track record, he was betting the 2020 season only go 2 ½ games.

Comment

Ike is going to be pissed at all the Texas threads.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5sr View Post
                                                        Sark said, in an interview on 1310 The Ticket in Dallas last week, that everyone will sing the song.
                                                        I think that is a big mistake. As the article states that only 6% of the student body is black it's basically saying why change our ways just to pacify a handful of minorities. Okay.. how about the percentage of black athletes in their sports programs? Are we still talking 6%? Oh no. The minority changes to a majority. If Sark wants to appease the rich white donors at the expense of his black players then I hope he suffers the consequenses. The players should band together and threaten the university to either stop the racism or else they play for another program. FUCK TEXASS.

Comment

Originally posted by MI Sooner View Post

You sure about that? Slaves came from a pretty small area in West Africa, and I'd have to hear your explanation for why later black immigrants to the US or any other non-white people would know their ethnicity to a lesser degree than white people.
                                                          Native American Indians were also made slaves. Lest we not forget that. And... FUCK TEXAS.

Comment

Originally posted by LongarLongar View Post
                                                            1. Fuck texas.

B. This whole situation is ridiculous. On so many levels.
                                                            I don't like that song anyway. And FUCK TEXAS always and then some!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SoopaSooner View Post
                                                                True but it was for all their live long days.. and that's a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post
                                                                  Hahahahaha *breath* hahahaha
                                                                  These boosters are insane, just burn it down and start over. Riley might as well make this his email signature
                                                                  So what would be so bad about getting a job outside of Texas? That sounds like a good idea..

Comment

Fuck Texas and their dumb minstrel racist song with one of Bevo's legs.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post

I get that. I'm not calling them anything, just rooting for UT chaos.
                                                                      Always. And you’ll rarely be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by SoopaSooner View Post
                                                                        Does anyone actually know what the Yale song originally referred to? Do we have a problem there?

Comment

Does anyone actually know what the Yale song originally referred to? Do we have a problem there?
                                                                          The song is probably safe, the team name not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lout View Post

Well, I’m a mix... like MOST. I’m more German I think.. but some Irish and Scottish. Point is unless you actually came from any part of another country... even then you’re now American...you should be American.

Hell I celebrate St. Patty’s day but have very little Irish...

I know good people who are actually from Africa. They are appalled by “black” Americans and their behavior. The ones that abuse the system.

Comment

#88
                                                                              Originally posted by echo101 View Post

Native American Indians were also made slaves. Lest we not forget that. And... FUCK TEXAS.
                                                                              And actually owned slaves as well....but yes FUCK texas

Comment

#89
                                                                                DeMarvion Overshown on Twitter tonight:

“After reading the emails..it proves our point that the issue was always bigger than the song but they twisted the narrative of our argument and made it something completely different.”

https://twitter.com/agent0__/status/...582154243?s=21

Current scene in Austin:

Comment

#90
                                                                                  Everyone one of you mother fuckers will act a fool on March 17th.

and we won’t bitch...because we aren’t pussies. And also will be drunk.

Comment

#91
                                                                                    So Herman was fired because he didn't make the team sing the song?

I hate to see all of the controversy building around the UT program

Comment

#92
                                                                                      Originally posted by Crusher View Post
                                                                                      Maybe they should go with "The White of Texas"?
                                                                                      En pointe!

Comment

#93
                                                                                        Looks like it's making national headlines now...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/unive...sy-school-song

Comment

#94
                                                                                          It is all fucking stupid, ALL OF IT. Wanting to change the song is fucking stupid, and the high rolling money dudes making degrading comments. I promise there are more important issues in this world that the needs this much attention, but I will leave all of that alone so we do not get into a political debate.

Comment

#95
                                                                                            Originally posted by H82Lose View Post
                                                                                            It is all fucking stupid, ALL OF IT. Wanting to change the song is fucking stupid, and the high rolling money dudes making degrading comments. I promise there are more important issues in this world that the needs this much attention, but I will leave all of that alone so we do not get into a political debate.
                                                                                            As usual, you miss the point in the entire discussion. Most non-white would agree that racism is pretty damn important and there are quite a few non-white.

Comment

#96
                                                                                              Leave it to a UT BMD to find a way to respond to a stupid outrage with something way stupider.
                                                                                              Hey, if not singing eye of Texas triggers the scumbag racists so much then maybe the original outrage wasn’t stupid at all? Maybe it’s a little more than just a song?

Comment

#97
                                                                                                Originally posted by Free Electron View Post
                                                                                                Hey, if not singing eye of Texas triggers the scumbag racists so much then maybe the original outrage wasn’t stupid at all? Maybe it’s a little more than just a song?
                                                                                                Everything triggers these people, just like everything triggers their opposition. They’re pissy because the program they love is losing a tradition, and they just so happen to also be racist. You could key their car and they’d blame some black kid...doesn’t mean their car was an inherently white supremacist car. If I’m still alive, I’m also going to be a crotchety old man on the day all references to Boomer and Sooner and the Schooner are cleansed from OU. I might pull any money I’m donating at that time. I won’t write stupid emails saying actually racist stuff.

Comment

#98

Comment

#99

Everything triggers these people, just like everything triggers their opposition. They’re pissy because the program they love is losing a tradition, and they just so happen to also be racist. You could key their car and they’d blame some black kid...doesn’t mean their car was an inherently white supremacist car. If I’m still alive, I’m also going to be a crotchety old man on the day all references to Boomer and Sooner and the Schooner are cleansed from OU. I might pull any money I’m donating at that time. I won’t write stupid emails saying actually racist stuff.
                                                                                                    Fair enough. I think you actually convinced me.

Comment

All of this dust up over a remake of “I’ve been working on the railroad”. LOL.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1