Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nebraska trying to get out of our game??

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Nebraska trying to get out of our game??

    Brett McMurphy just tweeted this out:

    Nebraska is trying to get out of playing Oklahoma on Sept. 18, sources told
    @Stadium
    The Cornhuskers have contacted other schools to play in Lincoln on that date, sources said. The game was scheduled to mark 50th anniversary of 1971 "Game of the Century" b/w No. 1 NU & No. 2 OU.

    https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...88397265723394

    #2
    F them, they are dead to me.

    Comment


      #3
      Guess they don't want to remember the date with a Royal Ass Whipping!

      Comment


        #4
        yeah i'd get out of an ass beating if i could

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by johnintx View Post
          Brett McMurphy just tweeted this out:

          Nebraska is trying to get out of playing Oklahoma on Sept. 18, sources told
          @Stadium
          The Cornhuskers have contacted other schools to play in Lincoln on that date, sources said. The game was scheduled to mark 50th anniversary of 1971 "Game of the Century" b/w No. 1 NU & No. 2 OU.

          https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...88397265723394
          Well, I guess it will have been 50 years but the date of the game was November 25th, Thanksgiving Day.

          Comment


            #6
            Nebraska still plays football???

            Comment


              #7
              This sucks....Maybe the game could be moved to a diffrent date?

              Comment


                #8
                https://twitter.com/lukasforbes/status/

                Comment


                  #9
                  Rather Joe C sue the living hell out of them for breaking the contract.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I know that as OU fans we're supposed to have a deep affinity and respect for Nebraska, but over the past decade or so they've been the whiniest, most insufferable school in the country. They're forever bitching and moaning about something. Even their bullshit with Texas was annoying. The proper way to respond to Texas arrogance is by beating them, not running away. Of course those entitled pricks don't wanna come take their medicine. I hope OU never schedules them again.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Cowards. If they're trying to wait to be good before they'll play us, well I don't imagine we'll be playing for a long time.

                      Plus that approach just permeates the program, a stink that's hard to scrub

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Nobody expected them to keep that game within 20 and it was going to be a big lovefest over their legendary history. Now they just look pathetic and have to pay some cupcake a ton of money to come to Lincoln and quite possibly beat them. Aside from being pissed about not seeing that game, I absolutely don’t get this from their perspective.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          This will break Husker superfan kopp0e's heart.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by AppySooner View Post
                            Nobody expected them to keep that game within 20 and it was going to be a big lovefest over their legendary history. Now they just look pathetic and have to pay some cupcake a ton of money to come to Lincoln and quite possibly beat them. Aside from being pissed about not seeing that game, I absolutely don’t get this from their perspective.
                            Quit thinking of them as "Nebraska" and start seeing them as the sanctimonious chickenshits that they've since become and it all makes perfect sense.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              (Of course *now* they better actually get out of it or OU might try to hang 100)

                              Comment


                                #16
                                https://247sports.com/Article/Nebras...-12-162265284/

                                Report: Nebraska trying to back out of game with Oklahoma

                                Nebraska is scheduled to play at Oklahoma on Sept. 18 to mark the 50th anniversary of the 1971 "Game of the Century" between the two programs when Nebraska was the top-ranked team in the country and Oklahoma was right behind it at No. 2. The Cornhuskers prevailed 35-31. However, Brett McMurphy of Stadium reported Friday morning that the Huskers are now trying to back out of the game.

                                “Nebraska is trying to get out of playing Oklahoma on Sept. 18, sources told @Stadium,” McMurphy wrote in a tweet. “The Cornhuskers have contacted other schools to play in Lincoln on that date, sources said. The game was scheduled to mark the 50th anniversary of 1971 "Game of the Century" b/w No. 1 NU & No. 2 OU.”

                                The game was supposed to be the first game of a home-and-home series that was announced in Jan. 2016, with the return game coming in Lincoln on Sept. 22, 2022.

                                Longtime intraconference rivals, OU holds a 45-38-3 all-time lead against Nebraska in a series that was played annually from 1928 to 1997. The programs haven't met since the 2010 Big 12 Championship Game, a 23-20 Sooners win on Dec. 4 in Arlington, Texas.

                                Get the fastest scores, stats, news, LIVE videos, and more. CLICK HERE to download the CBS Sports Mobile App and get the latest on your team today.

                                "Oklahoma and Nebraska are two of the most iconic programs in college football history," Oklahoma athletic director Joe Catiglione said in a Jan. 20, 2016 release when the home-and-home was announced. "And we were excited a few years ago when we were able to rekindle the storied series by scheduling games for 2021 and 2022. We feel the same way with the addition of the games in 2029 and 2030. Fans of both programs are extremely passionate and loyal, and we're happy we can preserve ? and extend ? the on-field history of two of the game's all-time greats."

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post
                                  Rather Joe C sue the living hell out of them for breaking the contract.
                                  If I were AD Joe C, I would "politely" decline their offer to back out of it and I would tell them that we will be there, however, if they decide to back out, then we will sue them for breaking the contract.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by johnintx View Post
                                    Brett McMurphy just tweeted this out:

                                    Nebraska is trying to get out of playing Oklahoma on Sept. 18, sources told
                                    @Stadium
                                    The Cornhuskers have contacted other schools to play in Lincoln on that date, sources said. The game was scheduled to mark 50th anniversary of 1971 "Game of the Century" b/w No. 1 NU & No. 2 OU.

                                    https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...88397265723394
                                    After all that bitchin and moaning last year when the B1G canceled? Thought they were game to play anybody. Cowards.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Nebraska aparently needs another home game....Why couldn't OU play them in Lincoln this year and play the return the game in 2022 in Norman

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Shame of the Century.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Scared.
                                          They are ducking competition.
                                          Is this what Nebraska football has come to?

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            i don't believe shit Brett McMurphy says....but if it turned out to be true, I would cancel all future contracts with them and simply never play them again. start adding Arkansas as our easy win against a power 5 school we wouldn't have to travel so far and I could take my sister on a date when we traveled there and it would be 100% accepted by the world ;-)

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by ElectricSooner View Post
                                              i don't believe shit Brett McMurphy says....but if it turned out to be true, I would cancel all future contracts with them and simply never play them again. start adding Arkansas as our easy win against a power 5 school we wouldn't have to travel so far and I could take my sister on a date when we traveled there and it would be 100% accepted by the world ;-)
                                              To fully judge the merits of this post we need pics of your sis

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                if they back out Nebraska will lose their one shot at being semi-relevant on the national stage for a few hours, of course it's living off the glory of a team 50 years ago but still it's more than they have going for them now.

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by Dio View Post

                                                  To fully judge the merits of this post we need pics of your sis
                                                  she is a cat, and she is very shy ;-) ROFLMAO!!!!

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    https://twitter.com/Eddie_Rado/status/

                                                    Comment


                                                      #27
                                                      Fuck 'Em

                                                      Comment


                                                        #28
                                                        If any Blackshirts still exist, they’re hanging their heads in shame.

                                                        Comment


                                                          #29
                                                          Originally posted by ElectricSooner View Post
                                                          i don't believe shit Brett McMurphy says....but if it turned out to be true, I would cancel all future contracts with them and simply never play them again. start adding Arkansas as our easy win against a power 5 school we wouldn't have to travel so far and I could take my sister on a date when we traveled there and it would be 100% accepted by the world ;-)
                                                          No to playing those homos. That fan base is worse than the pokes when it comes to having a chip on their shoulder. Plus, don't need to give local media reasons to dig up memories of the 1978 Orange Bowl debacle.

                                                          Comment


                                                            #30
                                                            They better refund some of that season ticket money if Nebraska pulls out.

                                                            Comment


                                                              #31
                                                              Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                                              Nebraska aparently needs another home game....Why couldn't OU play them in Lincoln this year and play the return the game in 2022 in Norman
                                                              Because the game 50 years ago was played in Norman...the entire premise of the OOC series when signed.

                                                              Somebody needs to check on kopp0e He's on suicide watch.

                                                              Comment


                                                                #32
                                                                Reason #46 to always have 2 P5 OOC games on the schedule.

                                                                Fans have been getting fleeced with our shitty schedule.

                                                                Grow some balls, take some testosterone pellets, and schedule us some big time OOC games.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #33
                                                                  Originally posted by OUwasp View Post

                                                                  No to playing those homos. That fan base is worse than the pokes when it comes to having a chip on their shoulder. Plus, don't need to give local media reasons to dig up memories of the 1978 Orange Bowl debacle.
                                                                  the local media is already in the gaggies pocket book so it couldn't get worse, plus what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, just beat them by 50 every year, get the win easy win and then you have a data point to compare with Alabama.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #34
                                                                    Some Husker reactions:

                                                                    https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/t...a-game.291321/

                                                                    don't get too excited. the pussies in charge want to pad the W/L record instead of renewing the rivalry, it appears.

                                                                    I'm so sick of this athletic dept & the perpetual losers who occupy it.
                                                                    .................................................. ...

                                                                    if true, a colossal embarrassment
                                                                    .................................................. .......

                                                                    "no fear of failure" apparently means let's be spineless, dickless cowards every chance we get
                                                                    .................................................. .........

                                                                    frost trying to save his job

                                                                    getting beat 1000-0 by an actual program doesn't help

                                                                    this is the year, though! even he doesn't believe the bullsh*t he's shoveling, it appears
                                                                    .................................................. .............

                                                                    the fact this is even out there is embarrassing, right, wrong or otherwise.
                                                                    .................................................. ...........
                                                                    At this point, I cant believe that is the reason. If I hear a lame excuse, then I may believe that is the reason. I actually dont mind our chances of making it a game.
                                                                    .................................................. ............................................
                                                                    it will be peddled as needing another home game to offset revenue losses from last year

                                                                    .................................................. ................

                                                                    This is probably the answer, but the athletic program is going to look like a bunch of bitches.

                                                                    .................................................. ...............................

                                                                    If this is true, it's unacceptable and is the final signal that we need to conclude that we need new leadership.
                                                                    .................................................. ................................

                                                                    This is so embarrassing. We'll probably replace this game with Bowling Green or Akron and then proceed to lose that game.

                                                                    .................................................. ................................

                                                                    Please tell me this isn't actually just the AD trying to schedule a cupcake game because we're scared to play Oklahoma. I really wanna hear the explanation for this.

                                                                    .................................................. .............................

                                                                    Might be nothing more than a revenue grab. IF we can buy out OU, there might be millions to made by scheduling a home game IF the B1G lets us fill the stadium. People under-estimate how much money a home game brings in to Lincoln and NU. Millions. The athletic department is scrambling to find money right now. The lost revenue has had to kill PBA, the city of Lincoln and the athletic department.
                                                                    .................................................. ..............................

                                                                    if this is indeed the reason, I hope there are zero NU fans in the seats on Sept 18th.

                                                                    everyone in Husker Nation deserves better!
                                                                    .................................................. ................................

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #35
                                                                      Originally posted by OUVarsityXV View Post
                                                                      They better refund some of that season ticket money if Nebraska pulls out.
                                                                      Can you imagine what sort of crappy team would be available and willing to come to Norman on a short notice like this? Maybe Western Carolina could just hang around and play consecutive weeks, save on travel costs, and provide the opportunity for a bonus PPV game! That would go over well.

                                                                      Joe C's moxie is going to be tested here. I wonder what sort of leverage exists to keep Nebraska engaged In playing as scheduled?

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #36
                                                                        If they just want the cash from a home game, they should consider what OU will bring to Lincoln in a year (when we’re probably rebuilding too) vs. East Popcorn State now.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #37
                                                                          Originally posted by AppySooner View Post
                                                                          If they just want the cash from a home game, they should consider what OU will bring to Lincoln in a year (when we’re probably rebuilding too) vs. East Popcorn State now.
                                                                          if they back out, we aren't going there next year, I guarantee that. we would schedule North Dakota or some such school over keeping that game

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #38
                                                                            Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                                                            Some Husker reactions:

                                                                            https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/t...a-game.291321/

                                                                            don't get too excited. the pussies in charge want to pad the W/L record instead of renewing the rivalry, it appears.

                                                                            I'm so sick of this athletic dept & the perpetual losers who occupy it.
                                                                            .................................................. ...

                                                                            if true, a colossal embarrassment
                                                                            .................................................. .......

                                                                            "no fear of failure" apparently means let's be spineless, dickless cowards every chance we get
                                                                            .................................................. .........

                                                                            frost trying to save his job

                                                                            getting beat 1000-0 by an actual program doesn't help

                                                                            this is the year, though! even he doesn't believe the bullsh*t he's shoveling, it appears
                                                                            .................................................. .............

                                                                            the fact this is even out there is embarrassing, right, wrong or otherwise.
                                                                            .................................................. ...........
                                                                            At this point, I cant believe that is the reason. If I hear a lame excuse, then I may believe that is the reason. I actually dont mind our chances of making it a game.
                                                                            .................................................. ............................................


                                                                            it will be peddled as needing another home game to offset revenue losses from last year

                                                                            .................................................. ................

                                                                            This is probably the answer, but the athletic program is going to look like a bunch of bitches.

                                                                            .................................................. ...............................

                                                                            If this is true, it's unacceptable and is the final signal that we need to conclude that we need new leadership.
                                                                            .................................................. ................................

                                                                            This is so embarrassing. We'll probably replace this game with Bowling Green or Akron and then proceed to lose that game.

                                                                            .................................................. ................................

                                                                            Please tell me this isn't actually just the AD trying to schedule a cupcake game because we're scared to play Oklahoma. I really wanna hear the explanation for this.

                                                                            .................................................. .............................

                                                                            Might be nothing more than a revenue grab. IF we can buy out OU, there might be millions to made by scheduling a home game IF the B1G lets us fill the stadium. People under-estimate how much money a home game brings in to Lincoln and NU. Millions. The athletic department is scrambling to find money right now. The lost revenue has had to kill PBA, the city of Lincoln and the athletic department.
                                                                            .................................................. ..............................

                                                                            if this is indeed the reason, I hope there are zero NU fans in the seats on Sept 18th.

                                                                            everyone in Husker Nation deserves better!
                                                                            .................................................. ................................
                                                                            The leadership has been the problem for decades. It reminds me of the OU administration of the 90's. Bunch of "Nebraska guys" intent on hiring other "Nebraska people."

                                                                            Either that, or they make splashy hires like Callahan--or Schnellenberger in OU's case--instead of going after the best possible coach.

                                                                            When we finally went outside the OU faction to get an AD (Joe C.), we never looked back.

                                                                            Nebraska is not going to get better until they overhaul the leadership.

                                                                            Unfortunately for Husker fans, like Texas, those dudes are entrenched.

                                                                            We lucked out: the only thing we ever cared about was winning when it comes to football.

                                                                            Win or get the fuck out.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #39
                                                                              Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                                                              Why couldn't OU play them in Lincoln this year and play the return the game in 2022 in Norman
                                                                              Because we're OU and we don't change our plans based on the whim of a third rate opponent.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Sooner5030 View Post
                                                                                Reason #46 to always have 2 P5 OOC games on the schedule.

                                                                                Fans have been getting fleeced with our shitty schedule.

                                                                                Grow some balls, take some testosterone pellets, and schedule us some big time OOC games.
                                                                                Originally posted by OUwasp View Post

                                                                                Can you imagine what sort of crappy team would be available and willing to come to Norman on a short notice like this? Maybe Western Carolina could just hang around and play consecutive weeks, save on travel costs, and provide the opportunity for a bonus PPV game! That would go over well.

                                                                                Joe C's moxie is going to be tested here. I wonder what sort of leverage exists to keep Nebraska engaged In playing as scheduled?
                                                                                Joe C will schedule a game with Incarnate Word or some other bullshit FCS bottom feeder.
                                                                                Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by CrimsonOberon View Post

                                                                                  The leadership has been the problem for decades. It reminds me of the OU administration of the 90's. Bunch of "Nebraska guys" intent on hiring other "Nebraska people."

                                                                                  Either that, or they make splashy hires like Callahan--or Schnellenberger in OU's case--instead of going after the best possible coach.

                                                                                  When we finally went outside the OU faction to get an AD (Joe C.), we never looked back.

                                                                                  Nebraska is not going to get better until they overhaul the leadership.

                                                                                  Unfortunately for Husker fans, like Texas, those dudes are entrenched.

                                                                                  We lucked out: the only thing we ever cared about was winning when it comes to football.

                                                                                  Win or get the fuck out.
                                                                                  Brent Venables would have been a good get for them a few years ago, but I am getting to the point with them of telling them to go tuck themselves in bed.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post



                                                                                    Joe C will schedule a game with Incarnate Word or some other bullshit FCS bottom feeder.
                                                                                    I see it, but I would rather ask Tennessee and see if they want to make up for missing out last year?

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      #43
                                                                                      Tell the Nebbish that a couple of High Schools do have an open date that might work for them

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        #44
                                                                                        Fucking cowards. Joe should call UCF. They are always whining about not getting to play the big boys. And, go to Orlando next year replacing the Lincoln trip.. But, unfortunately we'll have to settle for some team that has that day open and is willing to travel.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by novasooner View Post
                                                                                          I know that as OU fans we're supposed to have a deep affinity and respect for Nebraska, but over the past decade or so they've been the whiniest, most insufferable school in the country. They're forever bitching and moaning about something. Even their bullshit with Texas was annoying. The proper way to respond to Texas arrogance is by beating them, not running away. Of course those entitled pricks don't wanna come take their medicine. I hope OU never schedules them again.
                                                                                          This isn't the same Nebraska,,,they can't get out of there own way.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by MikeLucky View Post
                                                                                            Fucking cowards. Joe should call UCF. They are always whining about not getting to play the big boys. And, go to Orlando next year replacing the Lincoln trip.. But, unfortunately we'll have to settle for some team that has that day open and is willing to travel.
                                                                                            actually if I was Joe C, I would petition to schedule a 13th game against UCF and then Nebraska's D-II replacement. play UCF or some other school on Aug 28. would give us a cushion for the BS loss against ISU or K-State that we are bound to take.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post

                                                                                              I see it, but I would rather ask Tennessee and see if they want to make up for missing out last year?
                                                                                              That would be cool, but Josh might not be in favor of that.
                                                                                              Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by CrimsonOberon View Post



                                                                                                We lucked out: the only thing we ever cared about was winning when it comes to football.

                                                                                                Win or get the fuck out.
                                                                                                This is not accurate in any way. OU self reported pasta for god sakes.

                                                                                                OU does not have the $ flowing like the SEC does and it has shown on the field going 0-7 in NC and playoff games since 2000

                                                                                                OU needs to get the bag men up and going and get squeaky clean Joe C out of the way if they want to win another NC. This is not a disney movie where the good guys win.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by REDREX View Post
                                                                                                  Tell the Nebbish that a couple of High Schools do have an open date that might work for them
                                                                                                  I think they need to start a "rivalry" game with Chadron St to pad the record. That's the other football team in the state, at D-2.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                                                                                                    Nebraska aparently needs another home game....Why couldn't OU play them in Lincoln this year and play the return the game in 2022 in Norman
                                                                                                    Because that would only give OU 5 home games this season.

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Go To Top

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1