First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by auto View Post
    So as someone who writes, reviews, and audits contract for accuracy and performance I have a hard time believing Joe C did not know these 1100 games would become the rule, rather than the exception. Either Joe C is pandering to the OU fanbase with bullshit like releases "angry" at game times or he is a fucking idiot. Either way, OU deserves better. OU is a prime time program and deserves better. With all the TV/Streaming options available and people have that have cut the cord, we deserve an admin who understands this.
    The dynamics of cord-cutting/ streaming/ FOX having "Big Noon Kickoff" centered around its best games of day, was not a thin in 2013, vs now...
    But I think one avenue that can work is if Oklahoma is in a league that is placing its top tier games on CBS at the 2:30 window, better timeslots...

Comment

Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

Ha man, you're not bringing me down bro... Try to be happy & not live a life wanting to be the biggest figure in the room, there will always be someone bigger...
      As is carry on, at this point I find it humorous reading of "maximization" & all that, yet you spend your time on the same site as "us common folks", *take care...
      There are plenty of posters here who have as much or more net worth than I....Their just not going to waste much time on your odd thought's.

Comment

Originally posted by auto View Post
        So as someone who writes, reviews, and audits contract for accuracy and performance I have a hard time believing Joe C did not know these 1100 games would become the rule, rather than the exception. Either Joe C is pandering to the OU fanbase with bullshit like releases "angry" at game times or he is a fucking idiot. Either way, OU deserves better. OU is a prime time program and deserves better. With all the TV/Streaming options available and people have that have cut the cord, we deserve an admin who understands this.
        I have posted basically the same conclusions as you. OU fans deserves better, just as you say.

Joe C has pander many times over the 11 AM OU - UT games, so he is not above pandering.

There are also plenty of fans / donors who are not happy with the poor home conference schedule and with the way OU athletics has been used as a platform for wokeness.

I'm not going to be shocked if we see leadership changes at OU within the next 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by OU48A View Post
          There are plenty of posters here who have as much or more net worth than I....Their just not going to waste much time on your odd thought's.
          Odd, that you have a need to respond, but carry on, as you are now sucked waaaay off of point of 11am being the dominant window for FOX CFB games...
          What I think would be a best move for Oklahoma is to move 3rd tier to ESPN & align XII with CBS for a "primetime" game at 2:30pm on CBS to the roster...

Comment

Odd, that you have a need to respond, but carry on, as you are now sucked waaaay off of point of 11am being the dominant window for FOX CFB games...
            What I think would be a best move for Oklahoma is to move 3rd tier to ESPN & align XII with CBS for a "primetime" game at 2:30pm on CBS to the roster...
            CBS could be a wild care in all this ....but the pecking order is still determined by eye balls...
            OU needs to be with the most powerful alliance for its own long term well being.

Comment

Ha man, you're not bringing me down bro... Try to be happy & not live a life wanting to be the biggest figure in the room, there will always be someone bigger...
              As is carry on, at this point I find it humorous reading of "maximization" & all that, yet you spend your time on the same site as "us common folks", *take care...
              48A has the biggest feet in the room. Just ask him.
              Live Free or Die!

Comment

The dynamics of cord-cutting/ streaming/ FOX having "Big Noon Kickoff" centered around its best games of day, was not a thin in 2013, vs now...
                But I think one avenue that can work is if Oklahoma is in a league that is placing its top tier games on CBS at the 2:30 window, better timeslots...
                Concur. It's not that 1100 is too early for me, in fact in works out for me to watch on TV. However, if I want to travel to Norman/Waco/TCU it sucks in person, as it just shortens the window for what makes College Football the best thing going, the tailgating and atmosphere. 1430 and later timeslots are just the best from my perspective, I would think local business, tailgaters, and fans in general would agree. The best game experiences, no matter where I have been to a game have been to at night.

Comment

The hope there is CBS would be willing to put up their game against the SEC Game of the Week on ABC at 2:30 instead of some other time for the same reason Fox is avoiding that time slot. The pressure might be even greater as a similar T1 arrangement for the #1 pick would mean the network would be paying quite a bit more per game. They still will want the most possible viewers.

There were limits placed on CBS as to the number of times an SEC team could appear on their network. It was small enough such that even Iron Bowls managed to make it to ESPN quite regularly.
                  FtwTxSooner
                  Ofishul Garbage Poster
                  Last edited by FtwTxSooner; 06-11-2021, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HouClone View Post

Well done. My statement is withdrawn. It's just an observation on my part where it seems like OU has complained about this for years where you don't hear much from the other schools. Have I looked it up to verify this observation? No.
                    Wow....someone actually admitted they were wrong on the internet. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Wow....someone actually admitted they were wrong on the internet. Well done!
                      Everyone on the internet is wrong, unless they agree with me.
                      Live Free or Die!

Comment

At least the primetime game allows Nebraska to get its name spelled right, (for its ass-whoopin')...

Comment

Hmm. "Nebrsaka" almost sounds like Nagasaki...

Comment

I have never seen a fanbase that obsesses over the size of it's media rights contracts as the Big12 has for 10 years. Well, it's clear FOX is paying all that money because they want a return on Noon/11am timeslot. You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Notre Dame Joe View Post
                              I have never seen a fanbase that obsesses over the size of it's media rights contracts as the Big12 has for 10 years. Well, it's clear FOX is paying all that money because they want a return on Noon/11am timeslot. You can't have it both ways.
                              Maybe not for the little brothers of the Big 12 but it sure seems like OU could move someplace else and have the burden of bad kick off times shared more evenly and even if there is not much improvement, OU would be being paid many millions more according to media projections.

Comment

Originally posted by Notre Dame Joe View Post
                                At least we don't obsess over money, while not winning (as much as used to) & already doing better than the NIL bills in some states..?

At least we as Sooners fans do not obsess over money, while not winning (as much as used to) & already doing better than the NIL bills in some states..?
                                Bit then again, Oregon has internships at Nike/ Alabama has internships holding a national championship ring/ Michigan has internships in, never mind...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                X
                                UA-124223861-1