Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NU @ OU 9/18 11am Fox

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kopp0e
    replied
    Originally posted by Notre Dame Joe View Post
    I have never seen a fanbase that obsesses over the size of it's media rights contracts as the Big12 has for 10 years. Well, it's clear FOX is paying all that money because they want a return on Noon/11am timeslot. You can't have it both ways.
    At least we don't obsess over money, while not winning (as much as used to) & already doing better than the NIL bills in some states..?



    At least we as Sooners fans do not obsess over money, while not winning (as much as used to) & already doing better than the NIL bills in some states..?
    Bit then again, Oregon has internships at Nike/ Alabama has internships holding a national championship ring/ Michigan has internships in, never mind...

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by Notre Dame Joe View Post
    I have never seen a fanbase that obsesses over the size of it's media rights contracts as the Big12 has for 10 years. Well, it's clear FOX is paying all that money because they want a return on Noon/11am timeslot. You can't have it both ways.
    Maybe not for the little brothers of the Big 12 but it sure seems like OU could move someplace else and have the burden of bad kick off times shared more evenly and even if there is not much improvement, OU would be being paid many millions more according to media projections.

    Leave a comment:


  • Notre Dame Joe
    replied
    I have never seen a fanbase that obsesses over the size of it's media rights contracts as the Big12 has for 10 years. Well, it's clear FOX is paying all that money because they want a return on Noon/11am timeslot. You can't have it both ways.

    Leave a comment:


  • OUwasp
    replied
    Hmm. "Nebrsaka" almost sounds like Nagasaki...

    Leave a comment:


  • kopp0e
    replied
    At least the primetime game allows Nebraska to get its name spelled right, (for its ass-whoopin')...

    Leave a comment:


  • Stinger_1066
    replied
    Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

    Wow....someone actually admitted they were wrong on the internet. Well done!
    Everyone on the internet is wrong, unless they agree with me.

    Leave a comment:


  • RockFlagandEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by HouClone View Post

    Well done. My statement is withdrawn. It's just an observation on my part where it seems like OU has complained about this for years where you don't hear much from the other schools. Have I looked it up to verify this observation? No.
    Wow....someone actually admitted they were wrong on the internet. Well done!

    Leave a comment:


  • FtwTxSooner
    replied
    Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

    The dynamics of cord-cutting/ streaming/ FOX having "Big Noon Kickoff" centered around its best games of day, was not a thin in 2013, vs now...
    But I think one avenue that can work is if Oklahoma is in a league that is placing its top tier games on CBS at the 2:30 window, better timeslots...

    The hope there is CBS would be willing to put up their game against the SEC Game of the Week on ABC at 2:30 instead of some other time for the same reason Fox is avoiding that time slot. The pressure might be even greater as a similar T1 arrangement for the #1 pick would mean the network would be paying quite a bit more per game. They still will want the most possible viewers.

    There were limits placed on CBS as to the number of times an SEC team could appear on their network. It was small enough such that even Iron Bowls managed to make it to ESPN quite regularly.
    Last edited by FtwTxSooner; 06-11-2021, 08:44 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • auto
    replied
    Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

    The dynamics of cord-cutting/ streaming/ FOX having "Big Noon Kickoff" centered around its best games of day, was not a thin in 2013, vs now...
    But I think one avenue that can work is if Oklahoma is in a league that is placing its top tier games on CBS at the 2:30 window, better timeslots...
    Concur. It's not that 1100 is too early for me, in fact in works out for me to watch on TV. However, if I want to travel to Norman/Waco/TCU it sucks in person, as it just shortens the window for what makes College Football the best thing going, the tailgating and atmosphere. 1430 and later timeslots are just the best from my perspective, I would think local business, tailgaters, and fans in general would agree. The best game experiences, no matter where I have been to a game have been to at night.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stinger_1066
    replied
    Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

    Ha man, you're not bringing me down bro... Try to be happy & not live a life wanting to be the biggest figure in the room, there will always be someone bigger...
    As is carry on, at this point I find it humorous reading of "maximization" & all that, yet you spend your time on the same site as "us common folks", *take care...
    48A has the biggest feet in the room. Just ask him.

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

    Odd, that you have a need to respond, but carry on, as you are now sucked waaaay off of point of 11am being the dominant window for FOX CFB games...
    What I think would be a best move for Oklahoma is to move 3rd tier to ESPN & align XII with CBS for a "primetime" game at 2:30pm on CBS to the roster...
    CBS could be a wild care in all this ....but the pecking order is still determined by eye balls...
    OU needs to be with the most powerful alliance for its own long term well being.

    Leave a comment:


  • kopp0e
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post
    There are plenty of posters here who have as much or more net worth than I....Their just not going to waste much time on your odd thought's.
    Odd, that you have a need to respond, but carry on, as you are now sucked waaaay off of point of 11am being the dominant window for FOX CFB games...
    What I think would be a best move for Oklahoma is to move 3rd tier to ESPN & align XII with CBS for a "primetime" game at 2:30pm on CBS to the roster...

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by auto View Post
    So as someone who writes, reviews, and audits contract for accuracy and performance I have a hard time believing Joe C did not know these 1100 games would become the rule, rather than the exception. Either Joe C is pandering to the OU fanbase with bullshit like releases "angry" at game times or he is a fucking idiot. Either way, OU deserves better. OU is a prime time program and deserves better. With all the TV/Streaming options available and people have that have cut the cord, we deserve an admin who understands this.
    I have posted basically the same conclusions as you. OU fans deserves better, just as you say.

    Joe C has pander many times over the 11 AM OU - UT games, so he is not above pandering.

    There are also plenty of fans / donors who are not happy with the poor home conference schedule and with the way OU athletics has been used as a platform for wokeness.

    I'm not going to be shocked if we see leadership changes at OU within the next 2 years.

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

    Ha man, you're not bringing me down bro... Try to be happy & not live a life wanting to be the biggest figure in the room, there will always be someone bigger...
    As is carry on, at this point I find it humorous reading of "maximization" & all that, yet you spend your time on the same site as "us common folks", *take care...
    There are plenty of posters here who have as much or more net worth than I....Their just not going to waste much time on your odd thought's.

    Leave a comment:


  • kopp0e
    replied
    Originally posted by auto View Post
    So as someone who writes, reviews, and audits contract for accuracy and performance I have a hard time believing Joe C did not know these 1100 games would become the rule, rather than the exception. Either Joe C is pandering to the OU fanbase with bullshit like releases "angry" at game times or he is a fucking idiot. Either way, OU deserves better. OU is a prime time program and deserves better. With all the TV/Streaming options available and people have that have cut the cord, we deserve an admin who understands this.
    The dynamics of cord-cutting/ streaming/ FOX having "Big Noon Kickoff" centered around its best games of day, was not a thin in 2013, vs now...
    But I think one avenue that can work is if Oklahoma is in a league that is placing its top tier games on CBS at the 2:30 window, better timeslots...

    Leave a comment:


  • kopp0e
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post

    Most would be happier if they didn't need to sell their time to a company. People like you who do not budget time well or understand money very well are going to be selling their time a lot longer than they would like.
    Ha man, you're not bringing me down bro... Try to be happy & not live a life wanting to be the biggest figure in the room, there will always be someone bigger...
    As is carry on, at this point I find it humorous reading of "maximization" & all that, yet you spend your time on the same site as "us common folks", *take care...

    Leave a comment:


  • auto
    replied
    So as someone who writes, reviews, and audits contract for accuracy and performance I have a hard time believing Joe C did not know these 1100 games would become the rule, rather than the exception. Either Joe C is pandering to the OU fanbase with bullshit like releases "angry" at game times or he is a fucking idiot. Either way, OU deserves better. OU is a prime time program and deserves better. With all the TV/Streaming options available and people have that have cut the cord, we deserve an admin who understands this.

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

    The aspect of 'anonymity' affords the prospect of sounding the way you do when wanting to feel more self-fulfilled in life... I'm happy what God gives me...
    Hey, I'm fairly happy with my life, I don't need to sound greater than online, I appreciate the folks I interact with on this site, carry on Mr.WorldRenowned...
    Most would be happier if they didn't need to sell their time to a company. People like you who do not budget time well or understand money very well are going to be selling their time a lot longer than they would like.

    Leave a comment:


  • kopp0e
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post

    It's better and smarter to know about how time and money works You do not....You would be surprised how many very successful people (more than me) have difficulty's with their writing.

    Unlike you and most others who say things just like you did I own 100% of my time because of my success in life...You can't say that and very likely never will.

    You show everyone everyday how poorly you manage your time and when time is money, you are a poor manger of money too.
    The aspect of 'anonymity' affords the prospect of sounding the way you do when wanting to feel more self-fulfilled in life... I'm happy what God gives me...
    Hey, I'm fairly happy with my life, I don't need to sound greater than online, I appreciate the folks I interact with on this site, carry on Mr.WorldRenowned...
    Last edited by kopp0e; 06-10-2021, 06:50 PM. Reason: wrong Webster dictionary issues...

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

    It would be "smart" of a guy with phd level testing to specify, which you did not, thus a "Webster Middle school kid" has to correct your sentences..?
    But FOX primetime window is set for the worst tv window for Oklahoma when wanting to host recruits for a huge game as UCLA & Nebraska too...
    It's better and smarter to know about how time and money works You do not....You would be surprised how many very successful people (more than me) have difficulty's with their writing.

    Unlike you and most others who say things just like you did I own 100% of my time because of my success in life...You can't say that and very likely never will.

    You show everyone everyday how poorly you manage your time and when time is money, you are a poor manger of money too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mazeppa
    replied
    Originally posted by HouClone View Post

    Well done. My statement is withdrawn. It's just an observation on my part where it seems like OU has complained about this for years where you don't hear much from the other schools. Have I looked it up to verify this observation? No.
    Only thing is you made the statement as fact and not an observation, that is all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mazeppa
    replied
    Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post

    Though, in this case, the bitching came from some dude writing a blog on the Buckeyes rather than the Ohio State athletic director.
    He claims that both fan bases objected to this, so not just one guy. And the OU thing that Joe C. complained about wasn't some ordinary Saturday game, for some. I don't think there is a lot of people including AD's really like early games, (but really like the money) so there's no point in complaining since they signed the contracts giving the network total control. That's my thought on this.

    Leave a comment:


  • kopp0e
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post

    I guess you are just not smart enough to understand what "local time" means.... that's what I posted
    It would be "smart" of a guy with phd level testing to specify, which you did not, thus a "Webster Middle school kid" has to correct your sentences..?
    But FOX primetime window is set for the worst tv window for Oklahoma when wanting to host recruits for a huge game as UCLA & Nebraska too...

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

    You should've typed 9am PTZ (and that was Stanford coach) meanwhile the athletic director at USC was fine with it last season vs Arizona State, carry on...
    I guess you are just not smart enough to understand what "local time" means.... that's what I posted

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by HouClone View Post

    I get your point but not sure I see a whole lot of impact on recruits, fans, on 1 hour difference. I don't know who is playing at 9 or 10 a.m. local time but if they do, that would be a problem.

    If OU leaves for the Big 10 in several years and gets the Ohio State treatment of 7 games at 11 a.m. CST, am I going to be reading messages on this board and seeing press releases complaining about the early start times?
    It does make a significant difference logistically for fans who need to travel from distances....OU has had at least ten thousand fans who travel from out side the OKC metro area. That extra hour of sleep makes the day a lot more enjoyable. I can remember leaving my home at 5 AM a few times to make a game in Norman when I lived in the Texas panhandle....I drove home after the games and was at work the next day at 7 am.

    Leave a comment:


  • kopp0e
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post

    They have been talking about it...on for the west coast
    You should've typed 9am PTZ (and that was Stanford coach) meanwhile the athletic director at USC was fine with it last season vs Arizona State, carry on...

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

    No one has played games at 9am CST... What are you trying to backtrack on now..? The fact remains for FOX this is the "primetime" window...
    They have been talking about it...on for the west coast

    Leave a comment:


  • kopp0e
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post

    Noon local time is a lot better than 11AM or 10AM or 9AM
    No one has played games at 9am CST... What are you trying to backtrack on now..? The fact remains for FOX this is the "primetime" window...

    Leave a comment:


  • HouClone
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post

    Noon local time is a lot better than 11AM or 10AM or 9AM
    I get your point but not sure I see a whole lot of impact on recruits, fans, on 1 hour difference. I don't know who is playing at 9 or 10 a.m. local time but if they do, that would be a problem.

    If OU leaves for the Big 10 in several years and gets the Ohio State treatment of 7 games at 11 a.m. CST, am I going to be reading messages on this board and seeing press releases complaining about the early start times?

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by HouClone View Post

    Well done. My statement is withdrawn. It's just an observation on my part where it seems like OU has complained about this for years where you don't hear much from the other schools. Have I looked it up to verify this observation? No.
    Noon local time is a lot better than 11AM or 10AM or 9AM

    Leave a comment:


  • FtwTxSooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

    You should do some research before making these statements:


    The Ohio State-Penn State showdown will be a noon ET start on Fox on Nov. 23.

    11/07/2019

    This year’s college football season has looked a little different on television with the advent of Fox’s Big Noon Saturday being added to the calendar. Before the season, Fox made the unique decision to shift their biggest game of the week outside of primetime, and even outside of the traditional 3:30 PM ET slot all the way back to the beginning of the college football day at noon ET. The noon kickoffs have included Michigan-Wisconsin, Texas-Oklahoma, Ohio State-Wisconsin, and will feature the huge Penn State-Ohio State matchup in a couple weeks. Fox is giving Big Noon Saturday the big game treatment with their top broadcast team of Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt, and the Big Noon Kickoff pregame show will even travel to Columbus for a College Gameday-esque on-site pregame show.

    Fox made this move for two reasons. First, to avoid as much direct competition as possible with CBS and ABC/ESPN. CBS has long dominated the 3:30 PM ET slot with the SEC Game of the Week (see LSU vs Alabama this Saturday), while ABC and ESPN largely own primetime. One could theoretically throw NBC and Notre Dame in there as well depending on how compelling the Fighting Irish matchup is on any given week. Second, the noon kickoff as the featured slot of the day is meant to draw as many eyeballs as possible to Fox’s Big Noon Kickoff pregame show and away from College GameDay on ESPN.

    So far, the strategy has worked… at least for Fox. The network has won the noon timeslot six out of the first nine weeks of the season according to Sports Media Watch.

    The fanbases that are being forced to promote Fox’s Big Noon Saturday? They’re not as supportive of the arrangement.

    To this point, we haven’t seen any 9 AM local time Pac-12 kickoffs (yet), so the noon kickoffs have largely centered on the Big 12 and Big 10 where Fox has rights agreements. This means schools like Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Texas, and Oklahoma are having to carry the load and feature in an abnormal number of early kickoffs for high profile games.

    With Fox announcing a potential Top 5 showdown between Ohio State and Penn State for noon, both fanbases made their displeasure loud and clear.

    Popular Buckeye blog Eleven Warriors argued that the noon kickoffs diminish a possible home-field advantage that a primetime game can create:

    But if you’re Ohio State or any of it’s well-reasoned fans // fires judging look at you weirdos who actually like noon games // you don’t care about ratings or the profit they generate for the network broadcasting the game.

    What you care about is your football team and watching it play via the best experience possible. The best experience in Ohio Stadium takes place when the sun sets and the lights come on.

    Fox needs to acknowledge that and put these marquee games on the stage they deserve.



    https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/col...-kickoffs.html
    Though, in this case, the bitching came from some dude writing a blog on the Buckeyes rather than the Ohio State athletic director.

    Leave a comment:


  • HouClone
    replied
    Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

    You should do some research before making these statements:


    The Ohio State-Penn State showdown will be a noon ET start on Fox on Nov. 23.

    11/07/2019

    This year’s college football season has looked a little different on television with the advent of Fox’s Big Noon Saturday being added to the calendar. Before the season, Fox made the unique decision to shift their biggest game of the week outside of primetime, and even outside of the traditional 3:30 PM ET slot all the way back to the beginning of the college football day at noon ET. The noon kickoffs have included Michigan-Wisconsin, Texas-Oklahoma, Ohio State-Wisconsin, and will feature the huge Penn State-Ohio State matchup in a couple weeks. Fox is giving Big Noon Saturday the big game treatment with their top broadcast team of Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt, and the Big Noon Kickoff pregame show will even travel to Columbus for a College Gameday-esque on-site pregame show.

    Fox made this move for two reasons. First, to avoid as much direct competition as possible with CBS and ABC/ESPN. CBS has long dominated the 3:30 PM ET slot with the SEC Game of the Week (see LSU vs Alabama this Saturday), while ABC and ESPN largely own primetime. One could theoretically throw NBC and Notre Dame in there as well depending on how compelling the Fighting Irish matchup is on any given week. Second, the noon kickoff as the featured slot of the day is meant to draw as many eyeballs as possible to Fox’s Big Noon Kickoff pregame show and away from College GameDay on ESPN.

    So far, the strategy has worked… at least for Fox. The network has won the noon timeslot six out of the first nine weeks of the season according to Sports Media Watch.

    The fanbases that are being forced to promote Fox’s Big Noon Saturday? They’re not as supportive of the arrangement.

    To this point, we haven’t seen any 9 AM local time Pac-12 kickoffs (yet), so the noon kickoffs have largely centered on the Big 12 and Big 10 where Fox has rights agreements. This means schools like Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Texas, and Oklahoma are having to carry the load and feature in an abnormal number of early kickoffs for high profile games.

    With Fox announcing a potential Top 5 showdown between Ohio State and Penn State for noon, both fanbases made their displeasure loud and clear.

    Popular Buckeye blog Eleven Warriors argued that the noon kickoffs diminish a possible home-field advantage that a primetime game can create:

    But if you’re Ohio State or any of it’s well-reasoned fans // fires judging look at you weirdos who actually like noon games // you don’t care about ratings or the profit they generate for the network broadcasting the game.

    What you care about is your football team and watching it play via the best experience possible. The best experience in Ohio Stadium takes place when the sun sets and the lights come on.

    Fox needs to acknowledge that and put these marquee games on the stage they deserve.



    https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/col...-kickoffs.html
    Well done. My statement is withdrawn. It's just an observation on my part where it seems like OU has complained about this for years where you don't hear much from the other schools. Have I looked it up to verify this observation? No.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mazeppa
    replied
    Originally posted by HouClone View Post

    Ohio State has ruled the Big 10 for years, but you don't hear them crying about the early start times.
    You should do some research before making these statements:


    The Ohio State-Penn State showdown will be a noon ET start on Fox on Nov. 23.

    11/07/2019

    This year’s college football season has looked a little different on television with the advent of Fox’s Big Noon Saturday being added to the calendar. Before the season, Fox made the unique decision to shift their biggest game of the week outside of primetime, and even outside of the traditional 3:30 PM ET slot all the way back to the beginning of the college football day at noon ET. The noon kickoffs have included Michigan-Wisconsin, Texas-Oklahoma, Ohio State-Wisconsin, and will feature the huge Penn State-Ohio State matchup in a couple weeks. Fox is giving Big Noon Saturday the big game treatment with their top broadcast team of Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt, and the Big Noon Kickoff pregame show will even travel to Columbus for a College Gameday-esque on-site pregame show.

    Fox made this move for two reasons. First, to avoid as much direct competition as possible with CBS and ABC/ESPN. CBS has long dominated the 3:30 PM ET slot with the SEC Game of the Week (see LSU vs Alabama this Saturday), while ABC and ESPN largely own primetime. One could theoretically throw NBC and Notre Dame in there as well depending on how compelling the Fighting Irish matchup is on any given week. Second, the noon kickoff as the featured slot of the day is meant to draw as many eyeballs as possible to Fox’s Big Noon Kickoff pregame show and away from College GameDay on ESPN.

    So far, the strategy has worked… at least for Fox. The network has won the noon timeslot six out of the first nine weeks of the season according to Sports Media Watch.

    The fanbases that are being forced to promote Fox’s Big Noon Saturday? They’re not as supportive of the arrangement.

    To this point, we haven’t seen any 9 AM local time Pac-12 kickoffs (yet), so the noon kickoffs have largely centered on the Big 12 and Big 10 where Fox has rights agreements. This means schools like Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Texas, and Oklahoma are having to carry the load and feature in an abnormal number of early kickoffs for high profile games.

    With Fox announcing a potential Top 5 showdown between Ohio State and Penn State for noon, both fanbases made their displeasure loud and clear.

    Popular Buckeye blog Eleven Warriors argued that the noon kickoffs diminish a possible home-field advantage that a primetime game can create:

    But if you’re Ohio State or any of it’s well-reasoned fans // fires judging look at you weirdos who actually like noon games // you don’t care about ratings or the profit they generate for the network broadcasting the game.

    What you care about is your football team and watching it play via the best experience possible. The best experience in Ohio Stadium takes place when the sun sets and the lights come on.

    Fox needs to acknowledge that and put these marquee games on the stage they deserve.



    https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/col...-kickoffs.html

    Leave a comment:


  • HouClone
    replied
    Originally posted by 49cent View Post

    I don’t know the specifics or who is at fault. I just know that if Texas Tech, Kansas, TCU, Baylor, etc all wallow around in mediocrity that it doesn’t make sense to see KSU vs TT on primetime while we kick at 11:00. I have to think it’s a network thumbing their nose at the BIG 12 and specifically the program that has carried the BIG 12 for two decades now.

    Again, not sure who missed the fine print in whatever contract situation. But it needs to be corrected next go round. Especially if we’re dumb enough to stay in this league. OU football needs more brand names in the OOC to battle the shittastic reputation the conference has and they need better “exposure” times for recruiting and attendance purposes. Joe C and anybody else with a pen in hand HAS to know that.
    Ohio State has ruled the Big 10 for years, but you don't hear them crying about the early start times.

    Leave a comment:


  • 49cent
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post

    To the TV nets and particularly Fox is all about maximizing their add revenues to the maximum...never mind what the consequences are for the attending fans and football programs.

    This one is on Joe C and OU for agreeing to the terms of the contracts that allow this situation to continue. Too many bad kickoff times were an issue before this contract was signed.

    There needs to be language in these contracts that limit the number of bad kickoff times of any one team. It can be done and it has been done by other teams and other conferences. As an example LSU has refused to play early season day games and would tell TV to take a hike. OU should do the same during about the first 3 weeks of September.
    I don’t know the specifics or who is at fault. I just know that if Texas Tech, Kansas, TCU, Baylor, etc all wallow around in mediocrity that it doesn’t make sense to see KSU vs TT on primetime while we kick at 11:00. I have to think it’s a network thumbing their nose at the BIG 12 and specifically the program that has carried the BIG 12 for two decades now.

    Again, not sure who missed the fine print in whatever contract situation. But it needs to be corrected next go round. Especially if we’re dumb enough to stay in this league. OU football needs more brand names in the OOC to battle the shittastic reputation the conference has and they need better “exposure” times for recruiting and attendance purposes. Joe C and anybody else with a pen in hand HAS to know that.

    Leave a comment:


  • kopp0e
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post

    11 am or before noon kickoffs have existed since the 1970's that I know of but they were usually in November when most attending fans like that occasional time slot.

    Many of those B1G kickoffs were at noon local time which is much better for attending fans. The fact is that some conferences do retain more power over kickoffs times than the Big 12 and Joe C....
    That particular problem isn't such an issue to a broadcast partner as ESPN, being the there are well over 12 linear stations & streaming...
    That compares far better than the 3 linear networks FOX has, which in turn, limits tv slots, as example of OU on ESPN tonite in WCWS:

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post

    The only contract Joe C signed he had the final say on with the T3 deal in which he was perfectly fine extracting as much money as possible by allowing PPV. Joe C just has one vote for any conference wide deals, though he isn't going to give up money if he had the chance.

    Like it or not, this game was judged to be #1 pick by Fox. There is not going to be any flexibility there. For the SEC, CBS had already taken their picks. The less desirable the game is, the more flexibility there can be.
    This issue is causing an erosion of OU donor and ticket base costing OU millions. It would be worth giving up some TV money to have limits on bad kickoff times.

    If the other Big 12 members do not care enough about OU to accept less TV money its one more reason to leave the Big 12 and find a conference capable of sharing the burden more evenly


    Leave a comment:


  • FtwTxSooner
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post

    There is nobody that forced OU / Joe C to sign a contract that allows what we have been experiencing for many years.

    Preventing things like this from occurring over and over and for many years is Joe C's job. Particularly when too many bad kickoff times have been complained about for more than 20 years by coaches, fans and Norman merchant's.
    The only contract Joe C signed he had the final say on with the T3 deal in which he was perfectly fine extracting as much money as possible by allowing PPV. Joe C just has one vote for any conference wide deals, though he isn't going to give up money if he had the chance.

    Like it or not, this game was judged to be #1 pick by Fox. There is not going to be any flexibility there. For the SEC, CBS had already taken their picks. The less desirable the game is, the more flexibility there can be.

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

    Did "Big Non Kickoff" exist before Oklahoma & XII signed its contract in 2013 or so..? Nope it didn't...
    No, & it is ironic you ranting of tv revenue, now blame J Castiglione in spite of all good done for OU...

    Keep in mind: FOX has 3 channels to air games & is a 51% tier 3 buddy of B1G (with 8 ETZ teams)...
    How in your mind, that bodes good for Oklahoma football, if UT is in SEC vs A&M/ Arky/ LSU is odd...
    11 am or before noon kickoffs have existed since the 1970's that I know of but they were usually in November when most attending fans like that occasional time slot.

    Many of those B1G kickoffs were at noon local time which is much better for attending fans. The fact is that some conferences do retain more power over kickoffs times than the Big 12 and Joe C....

    Leave a comment:


  • kopp0e
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post

    There is nobody that forced OU / Joe C to sign a contract that allows what we have been experiencing for many years.

    Preventing things like this from occurring over and over and for many years is Joe C's job. Particularly when too many bad kickoff times have been complained about for more than 20 years by coaches, fans and Norman merchant's.
    Did "Big Non Kickoff" exist before Oklahoma & XII signed its contract in 2013 or so..? Nope it didn't...
    No, & it is ironic you ranting of tv revenue, now blame J Castiglione in spite of all good done for OU...

    Keep in mind: FOX has 3 channels to air games & is a 51% tier 3 buddy of B1G (with 8 ETZ teams)...
    How in your mind, that bodes good for Oklahoma football, if UT is in SEC vs A&M/ Arky/ LSU is odd...

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by kopp0e View Post

    This is on FOX, you can't blame Joe for trying to get a later timeslot & XII working on the behalf of OU to do so...
    This would be the "regular" time slot for Oklahoma in a conference with 8 ETZ schools in a Great Lakes league...

    Nebraska's current 3rd tier content is on a platform 51% owned by as same FOX/ NU had 8 11am kicks in 2018...
    But you need to paint this as something 'OU did wrong'... Did OU pick this time/ No... Did OU want different/ Yes...
    There is nobody that forced OU / Joe C to sign a contract that allows what we have been experiencing for many years.

    Preventing things like this from occurring over and over and for many years is Joe C's job. Particularly when too many bad kickoff times have been complained about for more than 20 years by coaches, fans and Norman merchant's.

    Leave a comment:


  • kopp0e
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post

    To the TV nets and particularly Fox is all about maximizing their add revenues to the maximum...never mind what the consequences are for the attending fans and football programs.

    This one is on Joe C and OU for agreeing to the terms of the contracts that allow this situation to continue. Too many bad kickoff times were an issue before this contract was signed.

    There needs to be language in these contracts that limit the number of bad kickoff times of any one team. It can be done and it has been done by other teams and other conferences. As an example LSU has refused to play early season day games and would tell TV to take a hike. OU should do the same during about the first 3 weeks of September.
    This is on FOX, you can't blame Joe for trying to get a later timeslot & XII working on the behalf of OU to do so...
    This would be the "regular" time slot for Oklahoma in a conference with 8 ETZ schools in a Great Lakes league...

    Nebraska's current 3rd tier content is on a platform 51% owned by as same FOX/ NU had 8 11am kicks in 2018...
    But you need to paint this as something 'OU did wrong'... Did OU pick this time/ No... Did OU want different/ Yes...

    Leave a comment:


  • OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by 49cent View Post

    The number of times I’ve seen an “unavoidable” rooster kick and turned my TV on to see Arizona vs Colorado or Texas Tech vs Kansas State in a better time slot tells me this isn’t as “unavoidable” as the networks will have you believe. It almost seems like other networks maybe don’t like the primetime competition.
    To the TV nets and particularly Fox is all about maximizing their add revenues to the maximum...never mind what the consequences are for the attending fans and football programs.

    This one is on Joe C and OU for agreeing to the terms of the contracts that allow this situation to continue. Too many bad kickoff times were an issue before this contract was signed.

    There needs to be language in these contracts that limit the number of bad kickoff times of any one team. It can be done and it has been done by other teams and other conferences. As an example LSU has refused to play early season day games and would tell TV to take a hike. OU should do the same during about the first 3 weeks of September.

    Leave a comment:


  • 49cent
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post
    Somebody had done this several years ago.... At the time it showed OU playing far more early kickoff's than UT.





    As you say.....the biggest irritating thing that's occurred is how OU and the Big 12 apparently made their thoughts very clear on the Nebraska game but the network didn't give one crap about how this disrupted OU's plans that included a big recruiting weekend....For a long time its seemed like a lot more of OU's tougher road conference games are played at night where as many of OU's toughest games (on paper) at home are at 11AM.

    With so many of OU higher profile home games that are normally big recruiting weekends being played at 11AM it's hindering OU's recruiting efforts and as such the bottom line is they are a disadvantage to OU's national competitiveness.

    Almost everyone now understand that the current Big 12 contract arrangement will not work for OU in the long term, past 2025.
    The number of times I’ve seen an “unavoidable” rooster kick and turned my TV on to see Arizona vs Colorado or Texas Tech vs Kansas State in a better time slot tells me this isn’t as “unavoidable” as the networks will have you believe. It almost seems like other networks maybe don’t like the primetime competition.

    Leave a comment:


  • RockFlagandEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

    Why would he want her to sit on his face at a XFL game?
    To block the craptastic product on the field...and to eat her pussy. Just a guess.

    Leave a comment:


  • OUspark
    replied
    So as of June Nebraska has committed to try the football thing one more year?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mazeppa
    replied
    Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

    That story really fizzled.
    Why would he want her to sit on his face at a XFL game?

    Leave a comment:


  • RockFlagandEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by JLEW1818 View Post
    I guess we at least get Jenny Taft on the sideline.... I yelled "Jenny sit on my face" at an XFL game.... she shrugged it off.
    That story really fizzled.

    Leave a comment:


  • JLEW1818
    replied
    I guess we at least get Jenny Taft on the sideline.... I yelled "Jenny sit on my face" at an XFL game.... she shrugged it off.

    Leave a comment:


  • CalSOONER
    replied
    Originally posted by AppySooner View Post
    Yes, it does make good business sense for Fox to do this, as long as they don't look any farther down the road than September.
    Further.

    Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
X
UA-124223861-1