Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaiah Thomas arrested overnight for larceny?

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isaiah Thomas arrested overnight for larceny?

Not sure the source of this pic. His mugshot was sent to me in a group text. Seems legit. Doubt he faces any suspension for petty larceny. Good to see him up to 270.

Tried attaching the mugshot, but it says I’m not authorized.

Nothing on google yet

Comment

Hopefully it’s the basketball player.

Comment

Yeah, he got arrested their is a picture of it over on the OURivals site.

Offseason gonna offseason.

Comment

Also, petty larceny? Really Norman police department?? Good to see you’re using those tax dollars so well.

NPD still corrupt as hell.

Comment

Are we serious? Petty larceny is anything under $1000. Could be crab legs, or could be jewelry. Why are these kids stealing anything? It's one thing if you get a couple boys holding up a guy for some weed, but when another star is stealing shit, that's a problem.

Losing Thomas would be a huge loss.

Comment

Petit larceny is punishable by 6 months in coubty jai. So it's no joke.

Things like this have cost Oklahoma before

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post
                Hopefully it’s the basketball player.
                In other words, maybe it is a different Isaiah Thomas.
                Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Comment

I’m sure he’ll be suspended for the opener or some mild punishment, but Coach Riley needs to get with his team and figure out what the issue is. It’s starters and contributors getting into trouble for stupid shit. Let’s not derail this potentially historic season before it even starts.

Comment

My wife was mentioning this morning how all of the OU softball girls are so wholesome and how you never hear about them thugging the place up. Instead you see them encouraging one another, volunteering, pulling down high GPAs, praising God and their team mates for their success, etc. It's unfortunate the places we have to go recruit to get good football players, and it's even more unfortunate that a bunch of them just can't quit the thugging. You're given a golden opportunity to set yourself up for life...and you piss it away with pure stupidity. The softball girls ain't gonna make shit from their time at OU money-wise, yet here they are giving it their all and being great citizens.

Somebody explain why there's such a glaring difference.

Comment

All because Riley mentioned weed rules are a bit dated.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                        My wife was mentioning this morning how all of the OU softball girls are so wholesome and how you never hear about them thugging the place up. Instead you see them encouraging one another, volunteering, pulling down high GPAs, praising God and their team mates for their success, etc. It's unfortunate the places we have to go recruit to get good football players, and it's even more unfortunate that a bunch of them just can't quit the thugging. You're given a golden opportunity to set yourself up for life...and you piss it away with pure stupidity. The softball girls ain't gonna make shit from their time at OU money-wise, yet here they are giving it their all and being great citizens.

You seriously are a piece of shit

Comment

Originally posted by LakelandSooner View Post

Ummm….I’m all for hating Sly as much as the next person, but what’s really wrong with the post you quoted?

For the record, I’m not saying he’s not a POS. I’m just needing clarity on what in his post was objectionable.

Comment

It's not that hard to understand. First they are girls and not boys. Second, they come from the same type of cultural environment as college swimmers, golfers, gymnasts and sports like that.

Finally, you have to be a bad hombre to play football. Over the years we've seen that your typical suburban raised upper middle class kid just can't cut the mustard anymore more in football like kids who might have been raised in a rougher environment relative to reaching the college level. Never mind the "natural talent" aspect.

Probably the only "rough" sport that is still predominated by "good" kids is wrestling and that is probably only because there is no money in wrestling.

It'd be fun to see what would happen if colleges had MMA teams. Where the recruits would come from?

That being said, Isaiah Thomas would be one of the last guys on the team that I would think would get arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                              Also, petty larceny? Really Norman police department?? Good to see you’re using those tax dollars so well.

NPD still corrupt as hell.
                              So you think this is the PD’s fault…..apparently he stole something - of value - that belonged to some one else, who complained that their item was stolen

and you fault the police….comical

Comment

They're girls and not full of piss and vinegar like boys. This is true across all sports.

Comment

Riley is smart, but the dude is a soft SJW. Doesn’t surprise me in the least and look for more of this. The good news??? Black Lives Matter t-shirts are still mandatory before the games cuz ya know, blm

Comment

There is nothing in a football players upbringing that makes behaviors such as this any more acceptable.

We just had 2 other football players arrested that received front page news. Several more were suspended for our last playoff game. I hope this isn't a trend.

Sometimes it looks like Lincoln is trying to hard to be coach Bro than being a disciplinarian where players might be less likely to test the boundaries of acceptable behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire

Yes, the Norman police department has always been a giant POS regardless of this petty theft.

Nice try though.
                                      Nice try? Just so I’m clear - i think what you’re suggesting is that because Norman PD is a “huge POS” and “always has been” - any and all actions resulting in an arrest are the fault of the police and not of the individual arrested? I think that’s what you’re inferring?

Comment

Probably an extra plate of pasta. The Achilles heel of OU football.

Comment

Originally posted by Just JK View Post

Nice try? Just so I’m clear - i think what you’re suggesting is that because Norman PD is a “huge POS” and “always has been” - any and all actions resulting in an arrest are the fault of the police and not of the individual arrested? I think that’s what you’re inferring?
                                          Don’t you know where you are? ESPN and the conference conspire against OU while SEC and their players do whatever they want. Norman cops have it out for players and according to 48A, the department is full of cops that specifically target OU players.

Comment

Didnt have to wait long

Comment

Maybe he stole Stacy Wilkins’ bus ticket home…

Comment

Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post

Don’t you know where you are? ESPN and the conference conspire against OU while SEC and their players do whatever they want. Norman cops have it out for players and according to 48A, the department is full of cops that specifically target OU players.
                                                You just can't tell the truth can you...As I have explained to you several times.... That's not a problem like it once was...Now that your longhorn police of chief is gone just like I told you that he would be gone.

By the way, the Norman PD has a staffing shortage of something like 15 to 17 officer's caused mostly by a bad city government.

Comment

Hello, pot. Meet kettle.

Comment

Testosterone, poor impulse control, and a culture that repeatedly bails them out of trouble because of the long-shot monetary payoffs that their athletic skills might produce. Especially with kids from backgrounds with more poverty and violence - they're less likely to have developed the maturity to not make stupid fucking decisions and more likely to be in situations where those stupid fucking decisions involve making easy money. You're bound to get a few punks in a brew like that.

Also, grown men that self-apply, even in misguided attempts at irony, a label from Harry Potter are not people I'd trust around my kid. I think you're a weird fucking creep.

Comment

I see the beta cunts are out in full-force this morning.

IT will run stadium steps and miss maybe a half of football. There’s nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

Ummm….I’m all for hating Sly as much as the next person, but what’s really wrong with the post you quoted?

For the record, I’m not saying he’s not a POS. I’m just needing clarity on what in his post was objectionable.
                                                        Lakeland is a cocksucking troll. He is the POS in this conversation.

Comment

Guys get arrested all the time, what's nuts about our guys is that it's always the ones who have a shot at something bigger.

Thomas isn't a guy born to be in the NFL, or even start at OU, but he worked his butt off to be in a position where the NFL knows his name. Then after all that work, he does this?

Comment

Originally posted by CalSOONER View Post

Lakeland is a cocksucking troll. He is the POS in this conversation.
                                                            Challenge accepted...

Comment

The sheriff's department was just doing its job

Oklahoma Sooners DL Isaiah Thomas Arrested - Sports Illustrated Oklahoma Sooners News, Analysis and More

Oklahoma DL Isaiah Thomas Arrested

After failing to appear for a petty larceny charge, Thomas was picked up overnight by the Cleveland County sheriff's department.

Comment

I'm crushed. So I'm a piece of shit why? Did I say something that wasn't true, inflammatory, or in any way condescending or mean? No. Perhaps you are the piece of shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Lout View Post

Testosterone, poor impulse control, and a culture that repeatedly bails them out of trouble because of the long-shot monetary payoffs that their athletic skills might produce. Especially with kids from backgrounds with more poverty and violence - they're less likely to have developed the maturity to not make stupid fucking decisions and more likely to be in situations where those stupid fucking decisions involve making easy money. You're bound to get a few punks in a brew like that.

Also, grown men that self-apply, even in misguided attempts at irony, a label from Harry Potter are not people I'd trust around my kid. I think you're a weird fucking creep.
                                                                  Says a guy who self-applies the name "lout." Yeah, you're coming from a pedestal of credibility there chumley. So now I'm a pedo because of my handle? Fuck off. lout.

Also, according to the lakeland dilweed, you too are a giant piece of shit.

Comment

So he had a failure to appear, which means the petty larceny probably happened a while back and hadn't been public knowledge. What's going on here? At least when they picked him up at 2am it wasn't for a public intox on top of everything else.

Comment

welp, the sky is falling, just burn it all down turn the school into a nunnery

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerNole View Post
                                                                        Riley is smart, but the dude is a soft SJW. Doesn’t surprise me in the least and look for more of this. The good news??? Black Lives Matter t-shirts are still mandatory before the games cuz ya know, blm
                                                                        Lakeland say "another POS"

Comment

So anybody else curious? WTF did he steal way back when?

Comment

You don't see the men's golf team or gymnastics team or tennis team or baseball team thugging it up do you? Can't blame it on testosterone or sex.

Comment

#39
                                                                              So anybody else curious? WTF did he steal way back when?
                                                                              Based on team history..a jacket, EBT card, weed, shoes, credit card, cash, play station, gun or athletic apparel.

I bet it’s one of those

Comment

#40
                                                                                Instead of being presented with a criminal opportunity and thinking “I really shouldn’t do that”, they seem to be thinking “what are the odds I’ll get away with it?” People in general need to stop operating that way.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
                                                                                  So he had a failure to appear, which means the petty larceny probably happened a while back and hadn't been public knowledge. What's going on here? At least when they picked him up at 2am it wasn't for a public intox on top of everything else.
                                                                                  Kinda what I was thinking. Reminds me of Jermaine Gresham getting picked up over unpaid tickets. Surprising in the world or aggy trolls that nobody found out about this before now. I remember one of the funniest, yet most pathetic things rival boards used to do was trolling OSCN and OnDemand court records running names of OU athletes all the time. I think it was somebody at TexAgs who ratted out Rhett Bomar. Congrats on that one, I guess… the next three years Bomar would’ve been the starter, the agroids went 0-3 in embarrassing fashion.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    So the Norman PD gets dragged by an angry 20 year old when it was a deputy sheriff who arrested Thomas? Makes sense.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Not what grinch meant by ‘takeaways.’

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by SoonerNole View Post
                                                                                        Insightful as always.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          You don't see the men's golf team or gymnastics team or tennis team or baseball team thugging it up do you? Can't blame it on testosterone or sex.
                                                                                          You mean that people who play country club sports might be less inclined to steal something? Shocking.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I can only hope a couple things here. That the failure to appear was because he thought it was resolved, and that whatever he stole was worth closer to 0 than it was 1000.

Comment

#47

Testosterone is a terrible thing to waste.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                I can only hope a couple things here. That the failure to appear was because he thought it was resolved, and that whatever he stole was worth closer to 0 than it was 1000.
                                                                                                Like I said before it was probably an extra helping of pasta. It is too warm to steal a coat.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post
                                                                                                  Guys get arrested all the time, what's nuts about our guys is that it's always the ones who have a shot at something bigger.

Thomas isn't a guy born to be in the NFL, or even start at OU, but he worked his butt off to be in a position where the NFL knows his name. Then after all that work, he does this?
                                                                                                  Man, sometimes I think youth is wasted being dumb in not seeing a need to be patient not understanding ramifications & all...
                                                                                                  On the other hand a lot of this would be a moot point if NIL/ better stipend pay was already in place for players at Oklahoma...

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    My question is where was OU's oversight on this?
                                                                                                    It seems like someone at OU should have known that he had a legal problem and then made sure that he did appear when required.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1