First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post

I suspect the number is a smaller percentage than the population at large. But some of that is due to the culture inside the game discouraging players from participating at an early age, so there is a feedback loop. I'd bet real money that in 10 years we'll hear from some high profile players at the CFB level that Nassib coming out was the reason they decided to play. Warren Moon's comment said he knew a couple of players on his teams that suffered in silence. There are several that have come out since retiring from the game. But I think the number is irrelevant - there are some and have always been some.
    was listening to the radio and Warren Moon said something to the extent that he figures there is at least 2 to 3 on every team. said he knew quite a few in his playing days too.

Comment

Originally posted by smalls View Post

was listening to the radio and Warren Moon said something to the extent that he figures there is at least 2 to 3 on every team. said he knew quite a few in his playing days too.
      Probably a lot more than that on the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
        Nassib’s No. 94 Raiders jersey has been the highest-selling NFL jersey for both Monday and Tuesday, according to a Fanatics spokesperson.
        Following Raiders DE Carl Nassib announcing he was gay yesterday his Jersey has been the No. 1 seller both yesterday and today at Fanatics, according to a @Fanatics spokesperson. First reported by @AdamSchefter. #vegas #raiders #raidernation pic.twitter.com/JreLwcn0lo

— Mick Akers (@mickakers) June 22, 2021
        This pretty much confirms everyone's thoughts on grown men wearing jerseys of other men

Comment

Imagine you're a straight male in an office setting and if you put pictures of the wife and kiddies on your desk or dared wear your wedding ring you would risk your job and perhaps even being beaten walking to your car after work. So you hide any evidence you have a female mate, but still live in fear someone would find out at the grocery store or restaurant.

I'm sure I still can't really understand it, but this shoe-on-the-other-foot scenario helps me. Us hets never have to give such things a second thought.
          This is utter fantasy or you are talking about 1953.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
            Who cares???

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post

Like they don’t know already. You ever worked with a gay person before? Just because they don’t announce it to the world doesn’t mean it’s some shocking secret.
              I work with my dog, he keeps all the undesirables away from camp and I work my 140 proof magic. Sorry if I offended you, I don't hang around the foo-foo crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Free Electron View Post

if you can't understand it by now you never will; like the potty training concept it has an age limit.
                I guess I never will. For one thing it's not something I ever put a lot of thought into.

Comment

if you can't understand it by now you never will; like the potty training concept it has an age limit.
                  Translation - you can not formulate a rational explaination for your article of faith, so you project that failure onto others aa a failure to comprehend.

Comment

I want to announce that I am an Oklahoma Sooner fan just in case people didn't know that before.

And Texas came out a long time ago as sucking and identifying as immense suckitude.

Comment

Of course his name has “Ass” in it.

Carl Nassplay

Comment

Apparently many people on here didn't actually read the article or watch his video. He said he is a private person and would not be doing interviews about this because his only point in coming out was because he was made aware how high the suicide rates are for teenagers who are LGBTQ and he wanted to just let them know that there was hope, which is why he is giving $100,000 to the Trevor Project. His whole point wasn't because he wanted or needed attention.

Comment

Originally posted by soonergrad View Post
                          Apparently many people on here didn't actually read the article or watch his video. He said he is a private person and would not be doing interviews about this because his only point in coming out was because he was made aware how high the suicide rates are for teenagers who are LGBTQ and he wanted to just let them know that there was hope, which is why he is giving $100,000 to the Trevor Project. His whole point wasn't because he wanted or needed attention.
                          Bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

Bullshit.
                            real mature.

Comment

And the NFL matched his $100k to the Trevor project. Suicide prevention has been my main charity for years and I've donated time and money and helped organize events. This guy raised more more money in a day than I've helped scrap together over the years, so he'll always be okay in my book.

Comment

So he didn’t want attention from it but the only reason he did was to give it attention. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Robot_ulism View Post

So he didn’t want attention from it but the only reason he did was to give it attention. Lol.
                                  yeah, give THE ISSUE attention, not himself.

Comment

I'd like to announce that I'm NOT gay and a happily married man . . . to a REAL woman. Not the blow up type like some of you jackwagons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

Bullshit.
                                      Before you get too down on the guy, you'll be happy to learn that he is a supporter of our 45th president. You and he are on the same team, in at least one sense.
                                      Live Free or Die!

Comment

yeah, give THE ISSUE attention, not himself.
                                        And yet that is not what anyone will talk about. What a rube.

Comment

There are a lot of people that make large donations to charities and never make it public knowledge.

Comment

real mature.
                                            Thank you.

Comment

Is this the thread where soonergrad comes out as gay? Or did he already do that? He’s been sucking SEC dick for years.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                                Is this the thread where soonergrad comes out as gay? Or did he already do that? He’s been sucking SEC dick for years.

Comment

And now it is all over Yahoo news about Biden congratulating he and a transgendered soccer player. Just trying to shove unnatural living and mental illness down the youths throats.

Comment

And now it is all over Yahoo news about Biden congratulating he and a transgendered soccer player. Just trying to shove unnatural living and mental illness down the youths throats.
                                                    Normalize, is the word, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                                      Trans.

Comment

Imagine reaching out to congratulate someone because you find out what they like to do with their genitals.

Like if a guy posted on Twitter that he likes to stick his dick in watermelons... then the president of the United States called him to congratulate him on enjoying fucking watermelons. Fucking clown world.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
                                                          Why should anyone care who he fucks? I don't give a rats ass...this screams attention whore for a journey man player
                                                          There is a joke in there somewhere I just can pull it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
                                                            Why should anyone care who he fucks? I don't give a rats ass...this screams attention whore for a journey man player

Comment

Originally posted by Baer Creighton View Post

I work with my dog, he keeps all the undesirables away from camp and I work my 140 proof magic. Sorry if I offended you, I don't hang around the foo-foo crowd.
                                                              I ain’t offended by shit. I work for a Freightliner dealership. An average conversation at work is 3x worse than anything on this board. Like I said, though… it’s not much of a secret when you have a gay person working with you somewhere. The best people just kinda leave those conversations at the door. It surprises me how many people still think it’s earth-shattering news and that they have to have some massive coming out statement or party. Last time I remember any common folk making a big deal out of that was high school some 20 years ago for folks my age.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                                                                I'd like to announce that I'm NOT gay and a happily married man . . . to a REAL woman. Not the blow up type like some of you jackwagons.
                                                                Okay, now go try and get a job in the hair stylist or interior decorator industries.

Comment

Okay, now go try and get a job in the hair stylist or interior decorator industries.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy View Post

Or my favorite, Bob Griese.
                                                                    Fair Hooker.

Comment

NFL says 'Football is gay' in new commercial that makes clear its support of LGBTQ+ community

As Pride Month comes to a close, the NFL has released a new commercial that makes clear its support and embrace of the LGBTQ+ community.

The 30-second spot begins with the line, "Football is gay" as light cheering plays in the background.

"Football is lesbian. Football is beautiful. Football is queer. Football is life. Football is exciting. Football is culture. Football is transgender. Football is queer. Football is heart. Football is power. Football is tough. Football is bisexual. Football is strong. Football is freedom. Football is American. Football is accepting. Football is everything. Football is for everyone."

The video is a direct response to Carl Nassib's public coming-out last week, according to Outsports. Nassib, a defensive end for the Las Vegas Raiders, is the first active NFL player to be out.

“I am proud of the clear message this spot sends to the NFL’s LGBTQ+ fans: This game is unquestionably for you,” NFL senior director of diversity, equity and inclusion, Sam Rapoport, told Outsports. “I will be playing its first line over and over in my head all season.”

Rapoport told USA TODAY Sports last week: "It’s OK to not fully understand the LGBTQ+ experience for you to be an ally. You don’t need to be an expert in all the terms. You just need to try."

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-says-fo...173242946.html

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                      X
                                                                      UA-124223861-1