Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
    Birmingham is about to win late.
    Saw an update today from Fox News… young, pretty blonde gal can sling it.

Comment

I guess they are experimenting with the announcer less approach. The NFL tried this once in 1980 for an entire game.
      I don't like having speechless announcers unless it's Brock Huard. With pros it's Chris Collinsworth I totally, completely, and emphatically can't stand.

Comment

Wow. It totally sucked. Even Stevie saw that coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
          ​​​​​​
          They only need 2 sets of cheerleaders for the entire league.Just switch uniforms depending on the team.

For players, one set of uniforms for each team since every game is a home game and away game. Or just two sets of uniforms shared by the entire league. Velcro on the team name and player name and swap those out each week.

Cleats could be shared across the league as well, sort of like at a bowling alley.

Heck, maybe they could even just have only 2 teams of players who just represent whatever team is scheduled to play at that moment. Today you are Dallas and next week you are Fargo. Same coaches, same everything, just put the different city's name on. All 17 fans could vote for which team they want to be each week. Sort of like picking which player you are in a video game.

The ideas for cost savings are endless.

sounds like Waterboy with sharing helmets

Comment

2nd game looks like it has an attendance of 100 people literally. Granted it's raining and on a delay but this is a joke. It's almost like you don't have enough people in the area to attend all these games.

Comment

2nd game looks like it has an attendance of 100 people literally. Granted it's raining and on a delay but this is a joke. It's almost like you don't have enough people in the area to attend all these games.
              I don't know why they would expect anybody to show up for a game that the Stallions weren't in. They are lucky to get fans that the games the Stallions ARE in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

I don't know why they would expect anybody to show up for a game that the Stallions weren't in. They are lucky to get fans that the games the Stallions ARE in.
                I bet that game is going to be the only USFL game over 10k in attendance.

Comment

Drone noise is unbearable I'm gonna have to turn the volume down.

Comment

Shea Patterson was really the top pick of this league. Why?

Comment

I don't blame anyone for turning this shit off. Paxton Lynch is now taking over for Shea Patterson and he sucks too. And the drone noise can GTFO.

Comment

At least we got a former OU coach(Kevin Sumlin) dominating a Trojan in Jeff Fisher in this one.

Comment

I turned it on and it took ten minutes before I noticed anyone in the stands. And horrible play.

Comment

I can wait till this league starts.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                              I turned it on and it took ten minutes before I noticed anyone in the stands. And horrible play.
                              Play on the field has been okay. Far from the biggest issues. QB play was a little shaky in the Houston/Michigan game though. No crowd and cameras getting in the way. Too many mics on players and coaches distract from actual play for me especially if you are still having commentators. I think they've got fewer drones in the 2nd game today.

Comment

To compare it's slightly less than the XFL debut games which were around 3.1-3-3 mil

Comment

I just want to know where next years usfl cheerleader tryouts are going to be held so I know where to look for some cheap, desperate women.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMan View Post
                                    I just want to know where next years usfl cheerleader tryouts are going to be held so I know where to look for some cheap, desperate women.
                                    Or where they’re going to be in a month when the league folds.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

Or where they’re going to be in a month when the league folds.
                                      I'm not sure it'll fold because it's not a league about attendance at all this year. It's all about getting TV ratings and if it consistently stays around 1 mil it'll stay around.

Comment

I'm not sure it'll fold because it's not a league about attendance at all this year. It's all about getting TV ratings and if it consistently stays around 1 mil it'll stay around.
                                        How sad.

Comment

The paid attendance for reality TV shows like Survivor is 0. I view leagues like this as TV shows along those lines.

Comment

Any former OU players in this league?

Comment

Originally posted by dallasstars10 View Post
                                              Any former OU players in this league?
                                              Be a l and Badet.

Comment

Beal is on Tampa
                                                Badet is on Michigan

Comment

Pittsburgh Maulers have the worst unis in this league by far. And probably the worst team as they have about 30 total yards of offense before halftime.

Comment

I just realized they are adding crowd noise aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by ab5sr View Post
                                                      I kinda wish one of these would take hold, get 'some traction'. I'd enjoy some competitive ball in the off-season...
                                                      Given infinite time, at least one of these shitty startup leagues will succeed…..

Comment

If they move one of these teams to where OKC energy soccer team plays off south May street and offer $2 beer we could guarantee more than the 5 people at that game lol

Comment

Originally posted by BobStoopsReal View Post
                                                          If they move one of these teams to where OKC energy soccer team plays off south May street and offer $2 beer we could guarantee more than the 5 people at that game lol
                                                          I didn't see a single person in the stands when they showed them. But I heard crowd noise so they piped that in at some point I didn't think to notice this till they showed the empty stadium late and I heard the crowd. But having this in a middle of the road populated city was a pretty dumb idea. Or they should be playing these games in extremely small venues that hold like 2k or less people.

Comment

I didn't see a single person in the stands when they showed them. But I heard crowd noise so they piped that in at some point I didn't think to notice this till they showed the empty stadium late and I heard the crowd. But having this in a middle of the road populated city was a pretty dumb idea. Or they should be playing these games in extremely small venues that hold like 2k or less people.
                                                            Tonight's game started at 6 pm, and was rescheduled from last night. The side of the stadium facing the cameras happened to also be facing the sun, so the handful of fans were sitting out of camera view.

I get saving expenses by having all of the teams in one location. Fox's predecessor to this version of the USFL, The Spring League, played last year in bubbles in Indianapolis and Houston. I live in Houston, and I didn't know they were playing here until I saw a game on TV for 5 minutes. Birmingham is paying the USFL for the privilege to host all of these games. The USFL (and Fox), in return, are renting hotel space for the entire league.

Two of this weekend's four games were impacted by weather, so butts in seats were next to none. I don't expect attendance to be great for these games, except possibly for those involving the Stallions. For Saturday night's game, they weren't prepared for the crowd-I saw a guy complaining about waiting an hour for concessions.

The Birmingham metro is slightly smaller than the OKC metro. Imagine OKC trying to host this.

On another note, it's weird to see a bunch of guys that may never set foot in the city of Houston call themselves the Houston Gamblers.

But, it's football, and I'm glad it's on. I remember the old USFL fondly, and this version doesn't measure up to that. But it's football, and I'm glad.

Comment

Cheerleaders with tassels and 7v7 format boom! I saved the next startup pro.

Comment

1. I’m not surprised NickZepp is all over this (probably wearing his XFL gear while cheering)

b. This was some bad football.

Comment

I bet last nights game did 500k but that info has yet to be released.

Comment

On pins and needles in anticipation for the season to start.

Comment

This is probably a good reason as to why the kicking has been bad. How do you make a football weight off.

Comment

LOL Player cut because he had pizza instead of salad.

Comment

The Monday Night game only had 268k. It took the XFL around 4 weeks or so to get below 1 mil for it's broadcasts I believe even on FS1 and other lesser networks. USFL did it week 1. Not a good sign for a network based league.
                                                                          Last edited by NickZepp84; 04-20-2022, 09:50 AM.

Comment

LOL Player cut because he had pizza instead of salad.
                                                                            It's like Pastagate for us back in the day, but somehow dumber :)

Comment

#88
                                                                              There's maybe 15 people at this game.

Comment

#89
                                                                                I'm calling it now. There will not be a 2nd season for the USFL. The ratings will drop way more than even the AAF did and that league didn't even make it through the year. I know there is supposed to be a 3 year deal with this league but I think it gets cancelled by the networks after one year. The first game drew ratings everything else will not. You had something with the XFL 2 years ago to make it sustainable. This doesn't have any of that.

Comment

#90

This is probably a good reason as to why the kicking has been bad. How do you make a football weight off.
                                                                                  If they were any good they wouldn’t be in this suck ass league.

Comment

#91
                                                                                    They just had the first 3 point conversion.

Comment

#92
                                                                                      This is a Birmingham home game basically and there's a respectable couple thousand people there. LOL.

Comment

#93
                                                                                        This is my 3rd game to watch and I like it..

Comment

#94
                                                                                          The QB for Birmingham is pretty good.

Comment

#95
                                                                                            The QB for Birmingham is pretty good.
                                                                                            For what - junior college?

Comment

#96
                                                                                              I like the open mic on replay and the very quick review of personal fouls.

Comment

#97
                                                                                                They should have made these games free for attendence or something to get as many people in the stands. A league that is done at a national level that is doing nothing at the local levels for these teams is just not gonna get ratings. Why even say these teams are from New Orleans, Tampa, etc if they aren't even gonna be in that community during the period these games are going on. This seems like a waste of money by Fox and NBC.

Comment

#98
                                                                                                  363k viewers for last Friday nights game on USA Network

Comment

#99
                                                                                                    They annonced their week 4 games. The Friday game is at 9 pm local time between 2 east coast teams.

Comment

60% drop for week 2 in USFL. XFL 2.0 had only 30% drop. This is in line with AAF drop which were all on CBS Sports and NFL Network. The NBC and Fox games are struggling to get a million. This league is dead.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1