Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems legit.

Comment

might as well go ahead and scrap this football thing now and go with cheerleader mud wrestling instead to fill the tv time.

Comment

I would say adding a running clock in the 1st and 3rd quarters halfway through the first season is not exactly a great sign for the league.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
          60% drop for week 2 in USFL. XFL 2.0 had only 30% drop. This is in line with AAF drop which were all on CBS Sports and NFL Network. The NBC and Fox games are struggling to get a million. This league is dead.
          All bubbles eventually burst…this one looks over inflated from the start. Won’t last long.

Comment

To put things in prospective, out of the first 19 bowl games last year, only 2 did not top at least 1 million viewers, and both of those drew over 850,000 played on a Friday morning / afternoon at the start of bowl season.

Comment

The XFL was still doing over a mil for most of it's games 2 years ago and was selling out in Seattle, St. Louis, Houston, Dallas. This league has been a joke. You could see the alarm signs when it was announced.

Comment

The play on field isn't that bad overall watching a few more games. It's just the presentation and sometimes the coaching seems bush league in areas. Having no fans at the games makes it hard to watch.

Comment

The play on field isn't that bad overall watching a few more games. It's just the presentation and sometimes the coaching seems bush league in areas. Having no fans at the games makes it hard to watch.
                  So, it literally appears outside of you, we all have a standard higher than “isn’t that bad”.

Comment

Originally posted by LongarLongar View Post

So, it literally appears outside of you, we all have a standard higher than “isn’t that bad”.
                    The problems I have with the league is that it all feels sterile and without any actual emotion behind most of the presentation. It's like the NFL when it had no crowds for most of the games.

Comment

I still get far more enjoyment watching a random spare "meaningless" bowl game between mid majors than the USFL.

Comment

Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post
                        I still get far more enjoyment watching a random spare "meaningless" bowl game between mid majors than the USFL.
                        The Bowl games that aren't as poorly attended are similar comparison too.

Comment

So XFL is going to be solely on the Mouse. Streaming and ESPN, seems like they are getting the better end of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricSooner View Post
                            So XFL is going to be solely on the Mouse. Streaming and ESPN, seems like they are getting the better end of the deal.
                            Maybe. Still not sure where XFL will be talent wise.

Comment

The problems I have with the league is that it all feels sterile and without any actual emotion behind most of the presentation. It's like the NFL when it had no crowds for most of the games.
                              The NFL games here in KC had plenty of emotion. Maybe there’s no emotion because this is a bunch of sub par players talent wise that should be sacking groceries somewhere. They could be in front of full stands and still suck ass.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

The NFL games here in KC had plenty of emotion. Maybe there’s no emotion because this is a bunch of sub par players talent wise that should be sacking groceries somewhere. They could be in front of full stands and still suck ass.
                                I don’t normally agree with this grumpy old bastard, but he has a solid point.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

Outside of the few games with fans in 2020 it was very much the same 2 years ago. The Super Bowl that year was a joke. There was a reason why the NFL dropped their ratings dropped about 10% in 2020 with many empty games. And there really should have been higher ratings than that with people forced to stay at home. If you factor that in you had an even bigger drop in ratings than the actual numbers ended up being.

Comment

Outside of the few games with fans in 2020 it was very much the same 2 years ago. The Super Bowl that year was a joke. There was a reason why the NFL dropped their ratings dropped about 10% in 2020 with many empty games. And there really should have been higher ratings than that with people forced to stay at home. If you factor that in you had an even bigger drop in ratings than the actual numbers ended up being.
                                    2020 was two years ago. This makes no sense. There was no drop in enthusiasm here for games. There weren’t 78K at Arrowhead partying but interest was just as high. Ratings were down because people like me tuned out the NFL and their SJW/ woke ass bullshit.

Comment

I don’t normally agree with this grumpy old bastard, but he has a solid point.

Comment

Maybe. Still not sure where XFL will be talent wise.
                                        When it inevitably fails again, I wonder if Stoops will move back into broadcasting. Maybe he can be the one to finally retire that marionette puppet Corso on Gameday.

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post

When it inevitably fails again, I wonder if Stoops will move back into broadcasting. Maybe he can be the one to finally retire that marionette puppet Corso on Gameday.
                                          As much as I love Bob, I don't think he has the personality to backfill Corso. It almost needs to be a comedic relief type if they want to have the same dynamic on stage.

Comment

Bob should get with a bunch of other retired coaches, players, and other celebrities to start a golf league. Play 5 tournaments or so a year during the summer, mix up the teams and give the winnings to charity. It might not draw a PGA sized crowd, but would get a some tv interest for sure.

A league of Bob, Michael Jordan, Bill Murray, Terry Bradshaw, Toby keith, Bono, Tom Selleck, Spurrier, drew brees, Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler and a few dozen other people. I don't really like golf but I would watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer Sooner View Post

As much as I love Bob, I don't think he has the personality to backfill Corso. It almost needs to be a comedic relief type if they want to have the same dynamic on stage.
                                              Depends on your definition of humor. Corso was never funny to me. Maybe it’s just the fan in me but Stoops is at least a lateral move in the humor department. Corso’s headgear schtick is all he’s got as far as I can tell.

Comment

Apparently, the USFL did enough to come back for a second season. It'll be with the same number of teams. Instead of single location, the league will play games out of 2 to 4 markets.

The USFL will come back for a second season and expand into more markets, Fox Sports CEO and Executive Producer Eric Shanks told SBJ in an exclusive interview. While it was generally expected that the spring football league would embark on a second season, this marks the first time that the USFL has confirmed that it will play in 2023. Shanks, who also serves as Chair of the USFL BOD, said that the league will continue to have its league office in Birmingham, where it has played all of its games this season. But the USFL’s eight teams will play out of between two and four markets next season, meaning each market will house multiple teams. Eventually, the plan is for all the teams to be in their home markets. “We’re talking to those cities now in terms of how many we’re going to be in locally,” Shanks said during a telephone interview over the weekend.

The league, which plays its inaugural championship game this weekend, will not expand the number of teams next season beyond eight, but it expects to add more teams by 2024. “We’ve always had an expansion plan that could potentially come into play in year three and beyond,” Shanks said. “Next year, it will still be eight teams, but they will play in multiple cities, so we’ll get more home markets involved.” The USFL will keep roughly the same schedule next season: starting just after the Masters and concluding July 4 weekend. “We have a multi-year plan to build this football business,” Shanks said. “If anything, the success of season one makes me even more excited than we were before going into Season 2 and beyond."

The decision to embark on a second season is noteworthy, as several spring leagues, including the Alliance of American Football and two versions of the XFL, failed to make it past one year. A third version of the XFL is slated to launch next spring and compete with the USFL.

Comment

Apparently, the USFL did enough to come back for a second season. It'll be with the same number of teams. Instead of single location, the league will play games out of 2 to 4 markets.
                                                  The WNBA is still around too…baffling really.

and they just celebrated a record breaking moment, someone celebrated getting their 3rd CAREER triple double, most in WNBA history.

Comment

and they just celebrated a record breaking moment, someone celebrated getting their 3rd CAREER triple double, most in WNBA history.
                                                    Triple double? Double points, double rebounds and double genders?

Comment

I love the bubble idea, I just think it should be in Vegas.

The games are entertaining to watch.

Comment

They did have a good idea for the final week. The two worst teams played each other in the final week so instead of the loser getting the top pick the winner got the top pick. And they get the top draft pick in the other rounds as well.

Comment

Thinking that idea further maybe on playoff weekend you have a draft bowl game that pits the teams with the lowest record in each conference. That way you can get rid of tanking possibly happening. Not that the talent pool is that high but atleast it could be a good idea in theory

Comment

The women’s pro softball leagues are drawing crowds in the under a hundred range. These players are making literally dozens of dollars a week as professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post

The women’s pro softball leagues are drawing crowds in the under a hundred range. These players are making literally dozens of dollars a week as professionals.
                                                              AND NOBODY IS TRYING TO GET THE GIANT WNBA CHICK OIT OF RUSSIA!!!

Comment

The WNBA loses on average of around $10 million a year. The NBA covers that loss with a little over 0.1% of its league revenue of over $8 billion. Chump change to them for their donation to women’s sports

Comment

Back to USFL, do you see either OKC or Tulsa getting a team. I guess you xould play in Skelly and Maybe Energy FC field if they would go for it? Someone who combed the trademarks saw an Outlaws name in there, though that could be anyone I guess
                                                                  ​​​​

Comment

The WNBA loses on average of around $10 million a year. The NBA covers that loss with a little over 0.1% of its league revenue of over $8 billion. Chump change to them for their donation to women’s sports
                                                                    I know where the money comes from for WNBA..same concept, someone dumping money into a losing concept.

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeInjury View Post
                                                                      Back to USFL, do you see either OKC or Tulsa getting a team. I guess you xould play in Skelly and Maybe Energy FC field if they would go for it? Someone who combed the trademarks saw an Outlaws name in there, though that could be anyone I guess
                                                                      ​​​​
                                                                      Would you want a team from a failing league though? Think of all of the Dallas crap NickZepp bought for the XFL..folks get excited and then it folds. I’d rather not be associated with a failing system…

Comment

AND NOBODY IS TRYING TO GET THE GIANT WNBA CHICK OIT OF RUSSIA!!!
                                                                        maybe ...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idCAKBN2O9125

Comment

Would you want a team from a failing league though? Think of all of the Dallas crap NickZepp bought for the XFL..folks get excited and then it folds. I’d rather not be associated with a failing system…
                                                                          I didn't pay a single cent to the xfl at all. But there was potential there. But covid and people reacted like it was the black plague and we got what we got.

Comment

I didn't pay a single cent to the xfl at all. But there was potential there. But covid and people reacted like it was the black plague and we got what we got.
                                                                            Liar.

just like the USFL it was bad football. And again, normal people don’t like watching bad football.

Comment

Liar.

just like the USFL it was bad football. And again, normal people don’t like watching bad football.
                                                                              I didn't watch the USFL after about 5 weeks because the empty stadiums more than if the football was any good or not. I've seen a lot of people saying it was pretty good. But it was hard to get into games with an empty stadium.

Comment

USFL Championship game is tonight and I'll probably go ahead and watch at least some of it. I may flip between that and the Cards game at least. I may have my problems with the league and think it was a bit of a joke but they lasted a full season. I expect Birmingham to win because they've been the best team all year. Philadelphia has been coming on later in the year and have a QB that can really run good.

Comment

3-0 Birmingham

Comment

Okay this game is pretty good so far. 10-9 2nd Q

Comment

Birmingham took a 20-9 lead but Philadelphia came back and now leads 23-20. Gotta give it up to this one for being pretty solid game overall.

Comment

Both starting QBs have been knocked out. Birmingham QB got a hand injury. Philadelphia QB just tore his knee in a brutal injury. Birmingham is driving to at least tie with a FG. 6 minutes left.

Comment

Birmingham just got the go ahead TD. Philadelphia will be down to it's backup QB so this one is probably over. FG can still tie it.

Comment

Backup for Philadelphia throws a pick 6 and ends the game basically. Scooby Wright with the TD to cap it.

Comment

QB for Philadelphia actually broke his leg not torn knee. Either way he's done. Philadelphia did just get a TD to make it somewhat interesting.

Comment

Really good championship game.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                X
                                                                                                UA-124223861-1