First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13-Nov OU @ BU Fox 11am or 7pm

Its going to be a Fox game, though they haven't decided if its Big Noon, or put it in prime time.

Well I hope it's at a 11 so maybe the crowd won't be a HUGE factor but a night game would be cool IF we win. lol

Comment

It's gonna be 7 as long as Baylor beats TCU this week, which they will. TCU is falling apart.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellZero View Post
        It's gonna be 7 as long as Baylor beats TCU this week, which they will. TCU is falling apart.
        Is that because (mostly) the big 10 does not do November night games? Unless both schools agree (weather/roads).

Comment

700P...please. I will be there.

EDIT: 1100...the wifey doesn't like to be cold.

Comment

So I guess the stuff about 11 am games on Fox being the best time slot only applies when OU is at home or when Joe C wants a game, say…Nebraska off of 11 am. Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by JLEW1818 View Post

Is that because (mostly) the big 10 does not do November night games? Unless both schools agree (weather/roads).
              Here are the Big 10 games that are network and time TBD for that weekend:
              PUR at OSU
              MICH at PSU
              MD at MSU

Fox obviously had the first pick of the Big 12 teams for this weekend. My guess is yes, the time is dependent upon whichever Big Ten game Fox picks up is eligible to be played at night. Fox would prefer this game to be Big Noon, but they might not have that choice depending upon what Big Ten games they have to pick from, especially if ESPN has the first Big Ten selection that weekend..

Comment

Originally posted by SportyJames View Post

Happy wife, happy life.

Comment

Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post

PUR at OSU
                  MICH at PSU
                  MD at MSU

Fox obviously had the first pick of the Big 12 teams for this weekend. My guess is yes, the time is dependent upon whichever Big Ten game Fox picks up is eligible to be played at night. Fox would prefer this game to be Big Noon, but they might not have that choice depending upon what Big Ten games they have to pick from, especially if ESPN has the first Big Ten selection that weekend..
                  I’ll probably roll into Waco around 830pm Friday night. Wouldn’t mind sleep in a bit ….

Comment

Bob will be showing up in Waco with Big Noon Kickoff show. Not certain that this will be a rooster kickoff but signs are pointing that way

Last edited by FtwTxSooner; 11-06-2021, 08:48 AM.

Comment

From your keyboard to God's ears.

Comment

Bob will be showing up in Waco with Big Noon Kickoff show. Not certain that this will be a rooster kickoff but signs are pointing that way
                        Any chance Big Noon kickoff comes but game isn’t till 7pm?
                        They did that with Iowa this year, show and game at like 330pm

Comment

That is certainly possible. The Iowa case was a bit different as CBS had their best game in prime time and the RRS was at noon, so an unusual weekend.

Hard to predict as this Big Noon Kickoff is still rather new.

Comment

They are waiting on the outcome of several B1G games and this weeks Baylor game to determine the eventual time.

Comment

I’ll be there.

There are personal and team pros and cons for 11am and 7pm lol.
                              I’m split

Comment

Ought to be a really good game, one the rest of everyone outside the BIG 12 tunes in.

Comment

I hope it isn't 11am kickoff. Coming off a bye week and its away.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrait2 View Post
                                    So I guess the stuff about 11 am games on Fox being the best time slot only applies when OU is at home or when Joe C wants a game, say…Nebraska off of 11 am. Got it.

PUR at OSU
                                    MICH at PSU
                                    MD at MSU

You also have to look at what other games ABC might want to put on in prime time, because Fox does not like going head to head with ABC in prime time.

On November 13th these are the unscheduled games featuring ranked teams:

Georgia at Tennessee
                                    Maryland at MSU
                                    Purdue at tOSU
                                    Michigan at PSU
                                    NC State at Wake Forest
                                    ND at Virginia
                                    Minnesota at Iowa
                                    Northwestern at Wisconsin

The only game on that list that will outdraw OU / Baylor is Michigan at Penn State. And it will for sure. Both of those schools have huge followings and Michigan is still in the hunt for the B1G championship.

The ABC 11am and 7 pm slots are both still open. It all depends upon which timeslot ABC wants to win, because they will win either way they go.

Which timeslot is more valuable to ABC? I'm thinking prime time, so my guess is OU / Baylor will be at 11 am.
                                    Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

You also have to look at what other games ABC might want to put on in prime time, because Fox does not like going head to head with ABC in prime time.

On November 13th these are the unscheduled games featuring ranked teams:

Georgia at Tennessee
                                      Maryland at MSU
                                      Purdue at tOSU
                                      Michigan at PSU
                                      NC State at Wake Forest
                                      ND at Virginia
                                      Minnesota at Iowa
                                      Northwestern at Wisconsin

The only game on that list that will outdraw OU / Baylor is Michigan at Penn State. And it will for sure. Both of those schools have huge followings and Michigan is still in the hunt for the B1G championship.

The ABC 11am and 7 pm slots are both still open. It all depends upon which timeslot ABC wants to win, because they will win either way they go.

Which timeslot is more valuable to ABC? I'm thinking prime time, so my guess is OU / Baylor will be at 11 am.
                                      Georgia and Tenn are 230pm CBS.

Big10 teams cannot play night games in November unless both teams agree to it. I don’t know why Michigan or Purdue would agree to road night games.

Comment

Watching Big Noon Kickoff. Why isn’t Bob and the team at the actual game? They always are. Too shitty of a contest?

Comment

The Tweet from somebody in the Waco media has been deleted, so this is very much up in the air.

My guess is this depends upon if Fox is able to snag Michigan v Penn St, or if ABC gets it.

Comment

Hoping for a 1900 kickoff, have an AirBNB on option for a night game, would love to go to the game. Last game in Waco was rock star good. Fuck 1100 right in the ass.

Comment

Cold in Texas? In Waco? Are you fucking high?

Comment

Georgia and Tenn are 230pm CBS.

Big10 teams cannot play night games in November unless both teams agree to it. I don’t know why Michigan or Purdue would agree to road night games.
                                                The ESPN site does not show it that way, but you're right. It was announced on November 1st.

I doubt Michigan will agree to a road game at night, so I guess that renders the question moot.
                                                Live Free or Die!

Comment

So it appears everything depends on the Baylor outcome today.......so if Baylor wins, I assume the game is at 11am or vice versa?

Comment

Should know tonight

Comment

We will be playing at 11

Comment

If Michigan wins, all the networks will want that game against PSU next week.

Comment

Originally posted by auto View Post

Wow I am embarrassed. I didn't think anyone could tell that I was high when I posted that. I will also talk to my wife and tell her 41 degrees is not cold and stop being a little bitch.

Comment

So when is the official let down announcement?

Comment

So when is the official let down announcement?
                                                              6 say selection, so it will be announced after all the games are completed today. So expect an announcement tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Okie35 View Post

We will be playing at 11
                                                                YYYYYup.

Comment

They just announced on Fox noon EST kickoff. 11 AM kickoff central time for us.

Comment

Yep.
                                                                    11am kick in Waco

https://twitter.com/ou_football/stat...057149954?s=21

Comment

Confirmed. Coming off a loss, early game. Should take the crowd out of it. Excellent.

Although, it is the Big Noon Kick Off game. Like a baby Gameday.
                                                                      Last edited by OUVarsityXV; 11-06-2021, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Maybe I’ll puke on their stadium at 10am

Comment

It’s official Big Noon Kickoff

Comment

Originally posted by MrQster View Post
                                                                            They just announced on Fox noon EST kickoff. 11 AM kickoff central time for us.
                                                                            Ugh 10 am for me.. I’ll be in Boulder.. at least I’ll have ready of the day

Comment

#39
                                                                              Wow so if Baylor won it would have been at 6? I thought the opposite.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Anyone know which sections in McLane will be for visitors?

Comment

#41

Wow I am embarrassed. I didn't think anyone could tell that I was high when I posted that. I will also talk to my wife and tell her 41 degrees is not cold and stop being a little bitch.
                                                                                  .

Sounds good, I like the scene control.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Soonerjeepman View Post

Ugh 10 am for me.. I’ll be in Boulder.. at least I’ll have ready of the day
                                                                                    Geez - why Boulder? That’s as bad as being in Austin. Both full of hippies. I guess at least Boulder has the mountains to look at, and no UTerus.
                                                                                    Last edited by SoonerMagick; 11-07-2021, 12:21 AM. Reason: removed political content

Comment

#43
                                                                                      We always come out do flat in 11 am games. See Tulane, Nebraska, Texas, and Kansas. We can’t afford a slow start next week. Can we please play a flawless game for 60 minutes?

Comment

#44

It’s 55 time to break out the Uggs and faux furrrrr

Comment

#45
                                                                                          OU plays like shit during 11am games. Hopefully the cfp ranking gave them an extra shot in the arm

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by SoonerSapper View Post
                                                                                            Anyone know which sections in McLane will be for visitors?
                                                                                            http://bearfoundation.baylorbears.co...t-options.html

Sections 131, 314, 317, 319, 328, and 329.

http://bearfoundation.baylorbears.com/seat-options.html

Sections 131, 314-317, 329

I am not sure which is correct. Pick 131, 314, 317 and 329 to be safe.
                                                                                            Last edited by MrQster; 11-06-2021, 09:03 PM.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              as much as i hate an early kick - i'd rather play in Waco early than late

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by soonerbms View Post
                                                                                                Can we please play a flawless game for 60 minutes?

That's a negative. This team prefers drama.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Baylor to the SEC

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Love it. 12 (east coast) is when the toddler takes her nap and I’ve got a concert that night so I won’t have to watch on the DVR.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1