First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma vs Baylor Prediction thread

Since Chp had to shelve the other one, I thought we might as well bring one back.

Sooners 41
    rapists 24

Cautious optimism. Before the TT game, I predicted 1-3 in our final 4. I’m feeling good that that was a largely emotional prediction and I really think this team can win out…

Comment

Originally posted by acheman8 View Post
      Cautious optimism. Before the TT game, I predicted 1-3 in our final 4. I’m feeling good that that was a largely emotional prediction and I really think this team can win out…
      No! That never happens around here

Comment

Texas tech is hiring baylor assoc HC McGuire. I wonder if that will be a distraction for baylor. He coaches defense and is a big part of the staff.

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...in-state-ties/

Comment

35-34

Comment

He’s expected to leave immediately for the new job? This firing and hiring HCs mid-season trend is just getting ridiculous. CFB desperately needs a governing body to put some of this chaos in check. Ya know, as in the NCAA actually doing their damn job.

Comment

38-24 OU

Comment

If OU plays their best game, they can dominate Baylor and set the tone for the rest of the month. Depends on if the BYE week was spent wisely building on the success we’ve had recently and if the injured guys are truly returning to form/available.

If that happened, I think OU can win as convincingly as oSu did earlier in the year. Maybe better… something like 34-17.

If we haven’t worked out our derps yet, I still think we can win a nailbiter like in 2019, 29-24.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Shoes View Post

He’s expected to leave immediately for the new job? This firing and hiring HCs mid-season trend is just getting ridiculous. CFB desperately needs a governing body to put some of this chaos in check. Ya know, as in the NCAA actually doing their damn job.
                    governing body

Comment

OU is trending in the right direction and this one has all the makings of one where OU puts together a complete game.

What I hope will happen:
                      OU - 38
                      BU - 17

What will probably happen:
                      OU - 31
                      BU - 28

Comment

OU 45
                        Baylor 23

Comment

I'd predict I would piss my pants during this game if I wore any.

Since nobody pays me to make a fool of myself, I don't predict the scores of games, but I'm concerned about this game because Baylor plays pretty physical on both sides of the ball. Should give us a pretty good idea of what to expect over this four game stretch (assuming we get to the CCG to play one of these three teams again).

Comment

Right now the weather looks nice.... sunny with a good breeze blowing in from the open end of the stadium that could impact the kicking game.

Comment

OU's Defensive strength is Run D. Baylors Offensive strength is Run game. Two weeks to prepare for run game is a good thing. Baylor hasn't thrown the ball well, but OU has been terrible at Pass D this year. If Woodi is even 90% along with DJ and Key, we should be better in that aspect of the game.

Although Baylor's Rush D is pretty solid, they don't play well against the pass. I think the Jury is still out a bit on our Run Game. With Majors back and some added depth along with an Offensive Line that historically plays their best ball in November, I think our run game will improve.

OU 35 Baylor 24

Comment

Chandler Morris did a great CW impersonation for TCU and OU is better than TCU in most phases of the game. Given OUr recent history, that means I'll be wearing 2 layers of depends because the game will be tighter than it should be.

Comment

Close.

Comment

Originally posted by Baer Creighton View Post
                                    Close.
                                    too close for comfort. Think we’re on the same page

Comment

38-30 OU

Comment

I predict the bitch boy Pants Pissers will make their presence known, crying and squirting about like the gigantic poons they are. I'll enjoy it and will be sure to mock them.

Oh, and OU will win.

Comment

OU: 34
                                          Baylor: 31

Comment

Aranda is the defensive version of Riley if there is such a thing. He gave us fits last year and I would expect more of the same. The decisive factor is we have a Caleb Williams and they don’t. I would expect a lot of Cover 2 to take away the deep stuff so that should provide some opportunities in the run game and short and intermediate passing game.

OU
                                            28-24

Comment

Da sooners, 77 ta 2

Comment

Losing a coach will either embolden (TCU) them or demotivate them (Tech). I don't think that will really play into the game.

Playing at 11 works in our favor. Talent works in our favor. Disrespect from the Committee hopefully works in our favor. Resting up hopefully helped us. Last week gave us an additional blue print on how to beat them.

If we win this one, I like our chances of winning out. Riley needs to bring their A-Game. Going to be a tough one.

Comment

Sorry for the double post:

Do the Bears have any injuries of note. That TCU game was physical. Anyone craping their message board?

Comment

55-28 OU

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Shoes View Post

"I admire your optimism."

Comment

Originally posted by GimmeVaughn View Post
                                                        Since Chp had to shelve the other one, I thought we might as well bring one back.

Sooners 41
                                                        rapists 24
                                                        Speaking of which... 11 AM or 7 PM?

Comment

OU 44
                                                          Southern Baptists, created in someones garage, non-apostolic. late 1800's abomination 38 (lose)

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Badenoff View Post

"I admire your optimism."
                                                            I’ve been predicting an undefeated regular season, Conference championship win, and even a playoff win depending on the matchup. I’m the sun shiniest MFer on here.

Comment

OU 44
                                                              BU 24

Comment

[QUOTE=OUrage;n876125]
                                                                too close for comfort. Think we’re on the same page
                                                                [/QUOeTE]

yup totally agree...see it going all 4 different ways.

Comment

If the defense fucking tackles, it will all work out in the Sooners favor. If not, here comes Drama Game #7 or #8. I've lost count. In the end, hopefully good will prevail against evil. Baylor is just as slimey as Penn St., actually worse.

Comment

My heart: OU - 41 BU - 17

My head: OU - 31 BU - 30

Comment

38-27 Boomer

Comment

31-21 Good guys. Despite not being able to run the damn ball and coming out flat after the bye. This is NOT the game for CW to come back to earth.

Comment

I took over 63 1/2.

Comment

well reading LSU fans I get the sense they expect Riley to throw this game and lose badly knocking OU out of any playoff talk the announce he's going to LSU.

but I'm going with early kickoff for an away game, defense getting healthier and Caleb with an extra week of practice as a starter plus hopefully being ticked at the playoff ranking and saying we win this one comfortably, defensive backups give up a couple scores in the fourth, say something like OU 40 - Baylor 21.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Baylor’s coach is going to USC.
                                                                              Sooners 52
                                                                              Waco’s 13

Comment

#40
                                                                                OU 38 Wackos 17. Got beer sitting on salted ice for extra cold and got bear sittin on the smoker. LFGOOO!

Comment

#41
                                                                                  24 - 17 Sooners!!!!!! F*ck da bears!

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Ou 38
                                                                                    bay 28

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Baylor 31
                                                                                      Oklahoma 24

I’m not some loser doomsday guy or naysayer, but I just do not like how our OL matches up with their front. I think they’ll make us reliant on the pass and CW might finally make some freshman mistakes. On defense, we’re finally healthy, but I don’t know if we can get to the QB with all of Baylor’s max protects and Baylor has good WR. Hope the boys make me eat my words.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        48-24 OU

Comment

#45
                                                                                          OU is motivated by the snub (ranked #8) from the CFP committee. However, we come out flat in the first quarter. Baylor's defense coordinator is distracted with his impending move to Tech. Their defense crumbles in the second half. We win a close game 30- 28.

The Big 12 rep (KSU AD) on the CFP committee laughs about the close game and argues that the committee should punish OU. He is actually mad about OU's move to the SEC and vents his frustrations by trying to hurt OU's chances in the playoffs. The CPF committee ranks us #9 on Tuesday. ND passes us to move to #8.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            41-30

OU

We pull away late

Comment

#47
                                                                                              OU 48-40

Comment

#48
                                                                                                If the defense plays halfway decent 31 - 20 Sooners!!

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                                                                                                  I took over 63 1/2.
                                                                                                  Yeah not so much.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                  X
                                                                                                  UA-124223861-1