First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the fukk is Riley doing?

Get CW out of the game NOW! He is off target and losing this game. Put him back on the bench.

I just texted to a group.... Is it Rattler time?

Comment

I'd settle for just leaning on the running game for a couple of possessions.

Comment

I would bench the whole team
        lol this is unacceptable after a bye week, Riley has lost this team
        let's hope recruiting doesn't suffer

Comment

If yOU don't pull it off I'll be the first to say you were overlooking them for ISU.

Comment

HE WILL ALWAYS Be a little Texas Tech bitch
            cant handle OU

Comment

Riley is a gimmick coach and all out of gimmicks, the Riley experiment is quickly coming to a end
              This is a culture issue now

Comment

maybe he should have been at practice Tuesday

Comment

Yeah. The change has made a big difference. Hope we don’t get anyone hurt when they rush the field.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                    Yeah. The change has made a big difference. Hope we don’t get anyone hurt when they rush the field.
                    Rush the field? For what?

Comment

Originally posted by BoomerAnon View Post
                      Riley is a gimmick coach and all out of gimmicks, the Riley experiment is quickly coming to a end
                      This is a culture issue now
                      Maybe he has the LSU contract on his mind...

Comment

Originally posted by RedRiverBaron View Post

I was there the day they called roughing the snapper.

Comment

Rattler is exponentially worse! Maybe a better arm but he didn't do shit when he was in.

Comment

I was absolutely against taking Caleb out. Riley completely abandoned the run when in the 3rd down only 3. No play calls to get him in rhythm. All on Riley

Comment

He calls run plays, but has never learned what a RUN GAME is and the multiple reasons why it is important. Coaches know by now that all they have to do its stop a few of his run plays and he will cower back into his Texas Tech trick play air raid mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by echo101 View Post

Maybe he has the LSU contract on his mind...
                                LSU can have this whole staff I wouldn't retain one coach other than Cale

Comment

OU’s administration is too content with things now. No fire. Castiglione was great but he is at the end with his “Godfather” look. Seen this in the early 90’s and look want it got us. Need to WAKE UP!!

Comment

Originally posted by Database Error View Post
                                    Rattler is exponentially worse! Maybe a better arm but he didn't do shit when he was in.
                                    So tell me what CW did when HE was in? Don't even get me started right now.. Riley just now argued his way to get the team back on the field for 3 seconds and we all got to watch Aranda send his field goal unit back on the field to knock through a field goal to win by more than 10. Yay Riley you dumbfucker! Just one more stupid decision he's made today.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayBill View Post
                                      I was absolutely against taking Caleb out. Riley completely abandoned the run when in the 3rd down only 3. No play calls to get him in rhythm. All on Riley
                                      Riley waited too long to pull the trigger on putting Spencer in. At that point he could have put all of his QB's in at the same time and it wasn't going to matter. ... Another thing to note.. SR threw an awesome bomb to a receiver but the receiver didn't catch it. Not SR's or the receiver's fault when the defender was all over the receiver. It was clear pass interference but the refs didn't call it. Spencer couldn't do anything and again got sent to the bench. Personally I thought he should have played beginning at the start of the 2nd quarter and to at least give him a chance to get the offense rolling but no.. LR decides to hold off until it's too late to do anything of significance. Loss goes to Riley.. no run game yardage, no pass game yardage, not enough points to matter. Defense failed all over the place. Grinch not showing us any real hope. FUMS could have gone a better job today than Grinch did and it ain't easy for me to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRiverBaron View Post

Did you find your answer?

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

Did you find your answer?
                                          All I could think of was they rushed out there looking for all them asses they kicked all day.

Comment

To respond to the OP... To be fair.. I'm not sure Riey knows what he is doing.... and SR was no help. Anyone saying he was..giafr. this Oline is fkkg asss

Comment

Originally posted by Jakel View Post
                                              To respond to the OP... To be fair.. I'm not sure Riey knows what he is doing.... and SR was no help. Anyone saying he was..giafr. this Oline is fkkg asss
                                              To be fair to SR and give him a decent chance to do something LR should have sent him in at the start of the 2nd. Waiting so long and letting the other team build more and more confidence was just stupid by Riley. I think Heupel would be doing better here than Riley.

Comment

Originally posted by Notre Dame Joe View Post

I was there the day they called roughing the snapper.
                                                That was a new one on me, and I've been watching football for 50 years.
                                                Live Free or Die!

Comment

echo trying to create a QB controversy. Hmmm. Why? QB is not our problem right now.

Comment

Originally posted by camel at sea View Post
                                                    I'd settle for just leaning on the running game for a couple of possessions.
                                                    What running game? Worst run blocking OL since 1998.

Comment

Can’t keep shuffling QBs. When Riley put in SR, he had the same shit plays called. No wr or rb screens, no run game, no rb passes out of the backfield. Kept throwing in 6 DB coverage. Too stubborn to adjust his gameplan.
                                                      Once he gave the starting job to a freshman he had to have known there was going to be a game like this. If you believe in Williams, you have to give him a chance to get it together. There was still plenty of time to win the game. What’s the message to either QB now? Make a bad play and expect to be yanked. Riley is in a precarious situation now. His own doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Morningwood View Post

What running game? Worst run blocking OL since 1998.
                                                        Brooks averaged about five yards per carry after the first drive. He only got 9 carries after that first drive.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerguru View Post
                                                          echo trying to create a QB controversy. Hmmm. Why? QB is not our problem right now.
                                                          no... I'm pissed at all of them. problem goes beyond QB.

Comment

Can’t keep shuffling QBs. When Riley put in SR, he had the same shit plays called. No wr or rb screens, no run game, no rb passes out of the backfield. Kept throwing in 6 DB coverage. Too stubborn to adjust his gameplan.
                                                            Once he gave the starting job to a freshman he had to have known there was going to be a game like this. If you believe in Williams, you have to give him a chance to get it together. There was still plenty of time to win the game. What’s the message to either QB now? Make a bad play and expect to be yanked. Riley is in a precarious situation now. His own doing.
                                                            Riley created this mess. There are plenty of times lately when he acts so stupid.

Comment

Brooks averaged about five yards per carry after the first drive. He only got 9 carries after that first drive.
                                                              Yep. Riley went full tech mode even though we were only down 3 through most of the 3rd quarter.

Comment

When you are paid over 7 million you pay others to handle your personal business

Comment

How much of that average came on like two runs? Very misleading. Riley started the game trying to run into a brick wall, after choosing to take the kickoff. It was bizarre. Terrible start. Then, it was the usual downfield shots over and over on 2nd and short and / or 2nd and long. Rarely picked up short yardage first downs.

Tried to run outside a couple of times only to be run down by linebackers. CW was contained except for like two runs, one of which ended with him nearly breaking his hand.

Our run game was not a factor in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

That was a new one on me, and I've been watching football for 50 years.
                                                                    I’ve seen it called several times in the NFL where you can’t cover or hit the snapper. Don’t know about college.

Comment

How much of that average came on like two runs? Very misleading. Riley started the game trying to run into a brick wall, after choosing to take the kickoff. It was bizarre. Terrible start. Then, it was the usual downfield shots over and over on 2nd and short and / or 2nd and long. Rarely picked up short yardage first downs.

Tried to run outside a couple of times only to be run down by linebackers. CW was contained except for like two runs, one of which ended with him nearly breaking his hand.

Well that’s why you keep running it. Brooks has shown he can pop a big run anytime. That’s how averages work.

Comment

This was my thought during the game. The only diff it made was to give Caleb a rest for his hand. But the way the coverage was, the receivers not catching or flat out getting PIs, Spencer wasn't going to make a difference. They needed to run it down Baylor's throats from the start. But they don't have the experienced O-line or the strength to do that. Strength really needs to be worked on for next year - all across both lines.

Comment

Yeah, taking the opening kickoff threw me. LR usually defers. I prefer deferring on the road. I hate the slow, deep handoff like we tried on the first play. That is a loss waiting to happen against a loaded box with a guy up on the LOS coming off the edge.

That is the time to throw a WR screen like Texas did against us and Bama did every time we have played them. Make a tight, corner tackle Williams in space early. Do anything, but take a loss and give the defense momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post
                                                                            When you are paid over 7 million you pay others to handle your personal business
                                                                            Sending someone else in for your colonoscopy doesn't really help you much in the long run.

Comment

#39
                                                                              You have 6 months that aren’t football season to get a colonoscopy

why didn’t we defer to start the game?

Comment

#40

Shhh... It's always the o-line and never Riley's refusal to actually run the fucking ball.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  no shit, op "hoped" Rattled would start the tcu game.

SPOILER

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by echo101 View Post

Riley waited too long to pull the trigger on putting Spencer in. At that point he could have put all of his QB's in at the same time and it wasn't going to matter. ... Another thing to note.. SR threw an awesome bomb to a receiver but the receiver didn't catch it. Not SR's or the receiver's fault when the defender was all over the receiver. It was clear pass interference but the refs didn't call it. Spencer couldn't do anything and again got sent to the bench. Personally I thought he should have played beginning at the start of the 2nd quarter and to at least give him a chance to get the offense rolling but no.. LR decides to hold off until it's too late to do anything of significance. Loss goes to Riley.. no run game yardage, no pass game yardage, not enough points to matter. Defense failed all over the place. Grinch not showing us any real hope. FUMS could have gone a better job today than Grinch did and it ain't easy for me to say that.
                                                                                    WTH, D was the best side of the ball, O/U in this house was 7.5 on the # of tackles that didn't go for three yard after contact. I saw monster hits for losses today, 10-7 deep in the 3rd. The loss today was on the O-line, Klatt called it early. The offense is a gimmick because of it.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by JerzeySooner View Post

WTH, D was the best side of the ball, O/U in this house was 7.5 on the # of tackles that didn't go for three yard after contact. I saw monster hits for losses today, 10-7 deep in the 3rd. The loss today was on the O-line, Klatt called it early. The offense is a gimmick because of it.
                                                                                      stats say baylor ran and passed on our defense plus scored enough to win. that's all i know to say about it.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        You don't think QB was the problem today? Caleb had plenty of time and he couldn't find an open guy. Spencer came in and was locating open guys. I'm not advocating for a QB change moving forward but I do think agree with echo that Spencer would've been a game changer today. The OL never gave him as much time (even against Tulane) as they did vs Baylor today.

Comment

#45

Out of those 9 carries after the first drive, he had an 18 yarder, a pair of 9 yarders, and a 1 yard TD.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by JerzeySooner View Post

How many times did our kicker get them down in their end and then before you could blink they ripped off 20+ yards and were out by mid field thus flipping said field? Plus there was that 70 some yarder.
                                                                                            Last edited by KCRuf/Nek; 11-13-2021, 11:10 PM.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Just saw his presser. That’s what he chose to be pissed about?

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Orangejello Jones View Post
                                                                                                You have 6 months that aren’t football season to get a colonoscopy

why didn’t we defer to start the game?
                                                                                                Maybe it took him that long to man up and drink the prep stuff.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  What the fukk is Riley doing?

I know a couple of things he's not the fukk doing, and that is missing tackles and dropping passes.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Rattler isn't the answer. He throws a really nice ball, but if somebody breathes on him, he goes down. On that third down on his first possession, no way he should have gone to the ground. Caleb is a true freshman. He was gonna have a shitty game. He just was. Even Tom Fucking Brady has a shitty game every so often. Unfortunately, Lincoln seemed less prepared for it than we were.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1