First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISU next

What are your thoughts on this game? This is one that we could play okay and still get man handled...like baylor ISU knows the keys to giving OU hard time...lay the wood on both sides of the ball and take the fight out of the Sooners is one of those keys..Hopefully their QB doesn't throw for 350 and rush for another 125

I can't expect this team to blow anyone out anymore. They just aren't well coached enough. ISU just came off a bad loss to Tech and should be demoralized. But I bet they will have every drive last at least 10 plays and their Breece Hall will get at least 3 TDs. It'll be up to the offense to make enough plays to win the game again.

Comment

Hutchinson, Allen, Kolar and Hall are true talents. And while Purdy hasn't been the superstar that some might have expected I figure he will have a great game against OU since pretty much every QB we face does.

And unfortunately, they have some decent defenders to slow down our offense to provide them the ability to separate with some key plays here and there.

Comment

If OU can establish the run game and the LB's decide to wake up, I think we stand a fighting chance in this one.

Comment

we can't lose this one, and the team knows it.

need marcus major to help in the running game.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post

I agree get what we can from him before he transfer

Comment

Coincidence we lost the first game after Chp shut down the betting pool? I think not. Need to click ads so we can get it reinstated. Then we’ll go undefeated. Won’t be pretty W’s, but we’ll take what we can get.

Comment

We’ll find a way to make that team look like the pre-season favorites everybody thought they were

Comment

This game will be treated as a crusade by the Cyclones. Let's hope OU responds to a loss as well as Baylor did.

Comment

We beat Iowa. St but lose at OSU unfortunately. The issues we have running the ball won’t get fixed in 2 weeks .

Comment

ISU frustrates the heck out of me. They invite teams to run with the 3 man front, but are very good coming up and supporting run defense. And they have numbers back in pass defense and force teams to work down the field patiently taking small chunks - the exact thing OUr offense hates to do. Both teams coming off disappointing losses, but ISU dreams had already flown the coop, so they could be in "what the hell" mode and play loose. Long way of saying I don't know what to expect, but I sure would love putting a real beatdown on them for a change.

Comment

We are at home. I think we win a close one. I am up in the air about the outcome of the OSU game. But we always seem to have OSU's number no matter what.

Comment

Time to rally. Have to think the team is disappointed with themselves after this weekend. Could take a lot of frustrations out on ISU. That’s what I’m hoping for, but not banking on.

Comment

Originally posted by MrQster View Post
                            We are at home. I think we win a close one. I am up in the air about the outcome of the OSU game. But we always seem to have OSU's number no matter what.
                            ISU plays OU tough… that’s a given. Might want to take a peek at oSu the last two weeks. They’ve been as dominant as we’ve been trying to be all year long and they’re putting it all together at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post

ISU plays OU tough… that’s a given. Might want to take a peek at oSu the last two weeks. They’ve been as dominant as we’ve been trying to be all year long and they’re putting it all together at the right time.
                              What scares me is that this season is sort of shaping up like 2011 for OU and OSU.

And our last three games in 2011? @Baylor(L), ISU at home (W) and @OSU (L).

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post
                                ISU frustrates the heck out of me. They invite teams to run with the 3 man front, but are very good coming up and supporting run defense. And they have numbers back in pass defense and force teams to work down the field patiently taking small chunks - the exact thing OUr offense hates to do. Both teams coming off disappointing losses, but ISU dreams had already flown the coop, so they could be in "what the hell" mode and play loose. Long way of saying I don't know what to expect, but I sure would love putting a real beatdown on them for a change.
                                I wonder if a Wildcat offense could be successful against this type of defense? If I remember correctly they play an umbrella zone?

Comment

I’m not scared. I’m not afraid.

I don’t believe in this team anymore. I have lost faith in the coaching staff. Whatever happens, happens. That’s where I’m at.

Fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by really View Post
                                    What are your thoughts on this game? This is one that we could play okay and still get man handled...like baylor ISU knows the keys to giving OU hard time...lay the wood on both sides of the ball and take the fight out of the Sooners is one of those keys..Hopefully their QB doesn't throw for 350 and rush for another 125
                                    Honestly I think there's stuff happening that we don't know about. Dissention on the team and good chance of it on the coaching staff too.

We gonna lose to ISU and OSU.

We'll go to some goofy bowl game like the Chick-fil-A bowl and lose there in a way reminiscent of the Gary Gibbs Copper Bowl game.

Lincoln will say we're close... You just wait til next year.
                                    Last edited by Boris Badenoff; 11-14-2021, 07:57 PM. Reason: Speling

Comment

Kid runs hard, but Riley won't let him on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Badenoff View Post

Honestly I think there's stuff happening that we don't know about. Dissention on the team and good chance of it on the coaching staff too.

We gonna lose to ISU and OSU.

We'll go to some goofy bowl game like the Chick-fil-A bowl and lose there in a way reminiscent of the Gary Gibbs Copper Bowl game.

Lincoln will say we're close... You just wait til next year.
                                        Well other than the fact that the Chick-fil-A "Bowl" is a NY6 bowl... and if we lose two more games we ain't going to be invited to go there... you might be on to something.

Comment

Line opened at OU -8.5 and dropped like a rock, can get it as low as OU -5.

Comment

It's impossible to predict how the team will play against ISU, but I'm not optimistic. Campbell is a helluva coach, and he has film from Saturday. OU was totally unprepared for Baylor, so there's little reason to expect they will be prepared for ISU. Right now, OU/OSU looks like it could be a blowout...the wrong way. The Pokes have all those 4* and 5* athletes, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Balko View Post
                                              It's impossible to predict how the team will play against ISU, but I'm not optimistic. Campbell is a helluva coach, and he has film from Saturday.
                                              Have you seen ISU's record? Did you see who they lost to Saturday night? Campbell doesn't seem to be pulling all the right levers this year for whatever reason. Not saying we're a shoo-in but they ain't the ISU teams of the last several years.

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

Have you seen ISU's record? Did you see who they lost to Saturday night? Campbell doesn't seem to be pulling all the right levers this year for whatever reason. Not saying we're a shoo-in but they ain't the ISU teams of the last several years.
                                                Yes, I have seen their record and noticed their loss to Tech. I have also noticed how OU has struggled mightily to beat mediocre teams like Tulane, Nebraska, WVU, Texas, Kansas, KSU... Neither OU nor ISU has played up to expectations. But Campbell seems to do a good job of pulling levers against OU, winning in 2017 and 2020 (regular season) , and would have won in 2019 if the PI in the endzone had been called on ISU's 2-point attempt. Especially given OU's pereformance Saturday, I see no reason to be optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

What scares me is that this season is sort of shaping up like 2011 for OU and OSU.

And our last three games in 2011? @Baylor(L), ISU at home (W) and @OSU (L).
                                                  I can confidently place a bet that Iowa State will play their hardest and most inspired game of the season to make sure we’re not even in Arlington. Whether they win remains to be seen. But this ship is taking on water in a hurry right now. We’re about to find out how much this team truly wants to win next week.
                                                  If OU wins, you can chalk the Baylor game up to typical OU miscues that derail a season, aka the “derp loss” we usually have in September or early October. At this point, you’re really kicking yourself for the turnovers and missed FGs because that game, ugly as it was, was certainly winnable without the fuckups on the field.
                                                  Generally speaking, miscues like that in November don’t just magically go away. This time of year, you are what you are and the last two teams on our schedule live for trying to beat OU.

Comment

Iowa State has a better offense than Baylor’s and the defense is similar. This will be a close game for sure.

Comment

I expect ISU to play their best game all year. It will come down to OU's OL/DL play, as is the case typically.

Comment

I can confidently place a bet that Iowa State will play their hardest and most inspired game of the season to make sure we’re not even in Arlington. Whether they win remains to be seen. But this ship is taking on water in a hurry right now. We’re about to find out how much this team truly wants to win next week.
                                                        If OU wins, you can chalk the Baylor game up to typical OU miscues that derail a season, aka the “derp loss” we usually have in September or early October. At this point, you’re really kicking yourself for the turnovers and missed FGs because that game, ugly as it was, was certainly winnable without the fuckups on the field.
                                                        Generally speaking, miscues like that in November don’t just magically go away. This time of year, you are what you are and the last two teams on our schedule live for trying to beat OU.
                                                        I agree. I've been saying since the KU game that it was looking like this is just who we are as a team. And I doubt we can view the Baylor game as a derp loss because it wasn't much of a surprise - we haven't really played well most of the season. I have literally no expectations for the ISU game because pretty much anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                                          I’m not scared. I’m not afraid.

I don’t believe in this team anymore. I have lost faith in the coaching staff. Whatever happens, happens. That’s where I’m at.

Fuck it.
                                                          basically where I'm at. I think majority of us knew who this team was for the whole season, pretty amazing they were able to win 9 games. I thought we might have been on the up and up after texas but when we needed a miracle play to beat kansas....fuckin kansas...I knew the L's would start to roll in at some point.

I've heard someone else use this but this team is like the monster in scooby doo, and against baylor they finally got the mask pulled off.

Comment

If the defense steps up to get similar results against a better set of skill guys, and Riley ends the day with more runs than passes called, I’ll settle for that. There are maddening systemic and cultural issues from the HC all the way down to freshmen’s family members. You aren’t fixing much of that during a season. But Lincoln can start by relearning the lesson he supposedly learned when a pathetic Texas team shut him down in 2015.

I’m concerned about the defense. They turned in a solid performance and got let down in a big way. Winning papered over the cracks in the locker room before. I don’t know if the effort is going to be there if the offense puts them in a hole again. ISU is better equipped to go right after the secondary and have disgruntled DBs melting down by halftime.

Comment

ISU will beat OU up, Sooners may win but will be hurting

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post
                                                                It’s hard to run on them with OU’s usual personnel. As much as Caleb likes to throw to his H and TE, I would be tempted to start in the dozer formation and run tempo until they stop it. Heavy dose of Caleb running but plenty of PA and pop passes too. Let the OL show you they want it. Style points are out the window; this is about not falling off the cliff…kinda like back when the dozer first showed up here.

Comment

Originally posted by AppySooner View Post

It’s hard to run on them with OU’s usual personnel. As much as Caleb likes to throw to his H and TE, I would be tempted to start in the dozer formation and run tempo until they stop it. Heavy dose of Caleb running but plenty of PA and pop passes too. Let the OL show you they want it.
                                                                  I would be surprised if OU can run the ball, I hope they can but not sure OL is good enough and if LR is patience enough

Comment

Originally posted by really View Post

I would be surprised if OU can run the ball, I hope they can but not sure OL is good enough and if LR is patience enough
                                                                    OU is a "pass to setup the run" and not the other way around. If the pass isn't clicking and forcing teams to make pass oriented adjustments, OUr run game is pretty pedestrian. I don't know it's CW or the way he is being coached, but he almost refuses to check down to the shorter, high percentage pass. That may work against weaker secondaries, but plays right into the hands of the better defenses. ISU will do pretty much what BU just did and are masters at it. I would love to see the OU offense executing some 10+ play drives in the first half for a change instead of the opponent doing it to OUr defense. It doesn't produce many flashy, chunk plays but it pay dividends in the 2nd half when it counts.

Comment

Originally posted by OUwasp View Post
                                                                      This game will be treated as a crusade by the Cyclones.
                                                                      especially that kid from Norman, Kolar, the best TE to ever play in a cyclone uniform. I assume this is his last game against the team he grew up rooting for.

these guys have eight super seniors with only three games left. I expect one hell of a game. it's imperative that we get off to a good start and keep the pedal down against their awful secondary.

I can't wait. glad it's early.

Comment

OU always bounces back well from losses, but this team isn't OU, it's a replacement alien squad in place of the abducted from the X-Files. Except this show is really shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

What was ISU’s record any other time they took us right down to the wire? That’s completely irrelevant.

Comment

especially that kid from Norman, Kolar, the best TE to ever play in a cyclone uniform. I assume this is his last game against the team he grew up rooting for.

these guys have eight super seniors with only three games left. I expect one hell of a game. it's imperative that we get off to a good start and keep the pedal down against their awful secondary.

I can't wait. glad it's early.

Why do people keep saying they’re glad the games are early? Didn’t seem to help last week.

Comment

#39

Why do people keep saying they’re glad the games are early?
                                                                              for this one? 'cause I can't wait. wish it were friday night.

Comment

#40

for this one? 'cause I can't wait. wish it were friday night.
                                                                                Personally, when we draw a home game against a good team, I’m always hoping we draw the 2:30 or 7:00pm games. Far more often than not, opponents have miscues and trouble dealing with OU’s home crowd. It’s kind of a dead zone on the rooster kicks.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Purdy is averaging 244 yrds a game. Bet he goes over 300 easily.

Comment

#42

prob thought that LAST week as well....knowing it and executing it are two different things.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Hard to say how the team will play, since Riley will be playing golf or seeking another job or on vacation instead of being at practice. You know because he doesn't give a shit about this team and is only interested in making money and not coaching. Besides even if he was coaching he doesn't know what the hell he is doing. So who knows what's going to happen.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Better be ready to fight for 4 quarters.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          forecast calls for partly sunny and a high of 68° with the Sooners rolling to a 66% chance of victory.

o/u 60 pts

Comment

#46
                                                                                            If Lincoln ever said something like this, he would be crucified.

https://footballscoop.com/news/matt-...-never-my-goal

Heading into this season, returning a lot of talent from a team that played in the Big 12 title game in 2020, there were high expectations for the Iowa State program including many who felt a Big 12 title was the goal.

However, despite quickly building the Cyclones into a top 25 team and perennial Big 12 title contender, a conference championship was never the goal in 2021 for head coach Matt Campbell.

Asked by a reporter yesterday how he views goals, Campbell was quick to point out to the reporter that his goal is a lot more simple than winning the league.

"Not me. That was never my goal," Campbell interjected with a finger up.

"My goal has always been one thing, and that is to become the best version of ourselves that we can become. So you've never heard me say that word once, you've only heard me talk about becoming the best version of yourself that you can be, and really, my challenge for this year's team was to become the 'greatest together' team in the history of Iowa State football."

"So far, all of our goals are still intact, from a coach Campbell standpoint. Now, could our players have other goals and aspirations? Sure. Do I want them to have great goals and aspirations? Sure."

"But that is not coach Campbell's goal. That was never said by me."

Iowa State currently sits behind Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Baylor in the Big 12 standings at 4-3 in the league and 6-4 overall. The Cyclones have games remaining at Oklahoma and home against TCU.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              This seems to be the 1st week this season that there has been no news out of the OU camp, positive or negative. No injury reports, no one quitting, no suspensions, no new names coming back.
                                                                                              Like a total news blackout on team activities. Strange.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by 61Sooner View Post
                                                                                                This seems to be the 1st week this season that there has been no news out of the OU camp, positive or negative. No injury reports, no one quitting, no suspensions, no new names coming back.
                                                                                                Nature abhors a vacuum - so let's fill the air waves with LR leaving rumors.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Tobias 2.0 View Post
                                                                                                  If Lincoln ever said something like this, he would be crucified.

https://footballscoop.com/news/matt-...-never-my-goal
                                                                                                  Came here to post this. That's some Butch Jones shit

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by 61Sooner View Post
                                                                                                    I heard they’re very close.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1