First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media/Public Perception of OU

Bad enough to lose to Baylor in the fashion OU did, i.e. unprepared, out coached, out physicaled, and uninspired. I listen to ESPNU and other streaming shows throughout the day, and the talk is about a 1 loss Big 12 team, and that team is OSU. Everyone is assuming that OU will not win the Big 12, and from what happened last Saturday, I get it. Embarrassing.

Outside perception won't have any impact on our games with ISU or fOSU. Win both, perception will change.
    Live Free or Die!

Comment

This OU team is loaded with selfish players, and staff that isn't near as good as they think they are, that is my perception right or wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
        Outside perception won't have any impact on our games with ISU or fOSU. Win both, perception will change.

Absolutely correct, but the post was made after the Baylor performance, and that is an indictment on current the current state.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
          Win both, perception will change.
          Piece a cake, eh?

Comment

I don't think the Sooners win another game and won't make the Big 12 Champ game. This team is not as good as they think they are and not as good as many fans think they are.

This team is terribly over hyped.

Comment

Im not sure the team is over hyped, not as much as over confident. These guys think they can just show up and win, and I think thats part of the problem along with the lack of fundamentals we see every week. There is a tweet I saw, not going to find it as I am lazy, 3rd and 12, pile moves like 8 yards for a first down. I couldnt believe what I was watching! Not a single Sooner went flying in there to knock the living hell out of that guy. Not one. I keep reffing bama and I know its getting old but that shit wouldnt happen with that defense. Everyone in the country knows, 3rd and long against OU, bet the house baby cause you gonna get it!

Comment

I think the perception of the recent OU teams is that they are soft and not physical. And they play more like a team headed for the Pac-12 rather than the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermit View Post
                  I don't think the Sooners win another game and won't make the Big 12 Champ game. This team is not as good as they think they are and not as good as many fans think they are.

I can't disagree with you, but I can say that we've seen them in even worse shape last year after starting 1-2 before winning out. They may respond well after this (who knows?!) - I can see it either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Soonirvana View Post
                    I think the perception of the recent OU teams is that they are soft and not physical. And they play more like a team headed for the Pac-12 rather than the SEC.
                    I think the Pac 12 is just as if not more physical than the big 12

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer Sooner View Post

I can't disagree with you, but I can say that we've seen them in even worse shape last year after starting 1-2 before winning out. They may respond well after this (who knows?!) - I can see it either way.
                      True, but it is beyond frustrating that it has to get to that point before the players wake up. Grinch see to have understood that "we're close" meant that we were close to getting our assets handed to us, but if Riley did he never let on. At all.

Comment

I have watched some of OU games this year, including the Baylor game. Seen some of OSU games as well. I don’t think there’s a lack of physicality in the BIG 12, Baylor in the game with OU as well as OSU looks like both of those teams play with a different mentality than OU. While those teams don’t have the players that can beat a Georgia or Bama, they don’t have em compared to OU either but they play really hard and Baylor looked way more physical than OU.

In the perception of all this, I don’t think I’m alone because the same is talked all over the place, from message boards, talk radio, sports shows and even evidenced by the committee rankings thus far. Anyone that has watched OU struggle with the teams they’ve played this year and get ran over by a less talented team, pretty much shutdown on offense, a second year coach and only had a week to prepare versus two, sees this. It was pretty embarrassing I can only imagine for an OU fan.

IMO, the problems start at the top. To me coming from someone who watches mostly SEC and in particular a GA fan, it looks more like a mentality problem with OU. I believe they have good players that in no way should be having to wake up in the second half and play catch up with a lot lesser teams and the physicalness just don’t seem to be there, like they scared to hit someone or get hurt. If OU don’t change their mentality from a physicality standpoint, it won’t bode well entering the SEC, and poor Texas at this point in time, oh my.

Now In saying that, the loss to Baylor may have woke them up and come out and run ISU and OSU off the field. The football world knows OU is capable with their players and history but the way they’ve played thus far this year from perception standpoint as far as mentally and physically, it’s not likely unless something changes.

Comment

Originally posted by SEC View Post
                          I have watched some of OU games this year, including the Baylor game. Seen some of OSU games as well. I don’t think there’s a lack of physicality in the BIG 12, Baylor in the game with OU as well as OSU looks like both of those teams play with a different mentality than OU. While those teams don’t have the players that can beat a Georgia or Bama, they don’t have em compared to OU either but they play really hard and Baylor looked way more physical than OU.

In the perception of all this, I don’t think I’m alone because the same is talked all over the place, from message boards, talk radio, sports shows and even evidenced by the committee rankings thus far. Anyone that has watched OU struggle with the teams they’ve played this year and get ran over by a less talented team, pretty much shutdown on offense, a second year coach and only had a week to prepare versus two, sees this. It was pretty embarrassing I can only imagine for an OU fan.

IMO, the problems start at the top. To me coming from someone who watches mostly SEC and in particular a GA fan, it looks more like a mentality problem with OU. I believe they have good players that in no way should be having to wake up in the second half and play catch up with a lot lesser teams and the physicalness just don’t seem to be there, like they scared to hit someone or get hurt. If OU don’t change their mentality from a physicality standpoint, it won’t bode well entering the SEC, and poor Texas at this point in time, oh my.

Now In saying that, the loss to Baylor may have woke them up and come out and run ISU and OSU off the field. The football world knows OU is capable with their players and history but the way they’ve played thus far this year from perception standpoint as far as mentally and physically, it’s not likely unless something changes.
                          Finally a post of yours that is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by really View Post
                            This OU team is loaded with selfish players, and staff that isn't near as good as they think they are, that is my perception right or wrong
                            Correct. Hence why we have a culture problem at OU. This is just one element.

Comment

Spot on. The soft play won’t cut it in the SEC. it’s not even cutting it in the Big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by really View Post
                                I think the Pac 12 is just as if not more physical than the big 12
                                AAC, Pac12, Big12 are all on the same level of physicality.

Comment

Correct! And we have a culture at OU of believing their own hype. RAT POISON.

Comment

When the best leader on your team is a true frosh you have some problems. That armed robbery in the off season was a huge red flag.

Comment

Timing is everything. The current iteration of OU and Texas football is front page fodder nationally and is open to criticism. This would be true any year but happening the season we have announced our departure to the SEC is egg on our face in steroids. We look bad.

Comment

This team has received zero hype since about week 3.

Comment

All you had to do was watch the first 87 seconds of our game in Waco this past week.

We elect to take the ball. We run three plays.

We get our crap pushed in so hard it impacted our cheerleaders colons.

Comment

Originally posted by smusooner View Post
                                            All you had to do was watch the first 87 seconds of our game in Waco this past week.

We elect to take the ball. We run three plays.

We get our crap pushed in so hard it impacted our cheerleaders colons.
                                            Maybe we need this?

Not Safe For Work
                                            ChpThril
                                            The Godfather
                                            Last edited by ChpThril; 11-17-2021, 06:26 AM. Reason: NSFW tags

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post

Maybe we need this?
                                              We've needed something like this since we kicked off out of bounds against USC in the Orange Bowl.

Comment

Where is Porter G. Robinson when we need him?

Comment

This post MFNI

Comment

Originally posted by rhettSodipop View Post
                                                    Where is Porter G. Robinson when we need him?
                                                    Is he the new basketball coach?

Comment

Originally posted by auto View Post

Finally a post of yours that is spot on.
                                                      I have my moments of seriousness.

Now back to mediocrity and riling up the natives.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                      X
                                                      UA-124223861-1