First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riley to LSU starting to took legit

TFB forum saying there have been multiple OU sources saying he is leaving and he has a lot if new LSU staff following him on Twitter it seems too...

https://www.on3.com/news/lincoln-ril...rs-lsu-tigers/

If so, shows how big a rip off the insider OU pay sites are! You would think they would have known this a while ago and would have reported it. No need to hide this info if they had it.

Not too upset to see him go. Curious to see who Joe C. Replaces him with.

Not leaving.

Comment

If he goes, my only concern is the effect it will have on our 2022 and 2023 recruiting classes. That could be a killer.

Comment

If he does leave, Joe Castiglione would have know for awhile that this may happen. I wonder who we have lined up?

Billy Nappier
        Luke Fickell
        ?

Comment

I can see the allure of taking the job. More money, better recruiting grounds, rabbid fans, etc.. I’m just not sure I would take it.

Comment

Napier is Florida bound. Telling ya it’s Shane Beamer

Comment

kj

Comment

Originally posted by Veyron View Post
                I can see the allure of taking the job. More money, better recruiting grounds, rabbid fans, etc.. I’m just not sure I would take it.
                He will say this and that. But in the end it was the money. $12 million vs $7.5 million. You can't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by MrQster View Post
                  If he does leave, Joe Castiglione would have know for awhile that this may happen. I wonder who we have lined up?

Billy Nappier
                  Luke Fickell
                  ?
                  Jamey Chadwell. Look what he’s done at Coastal Carolina.

Comment

If Riley is leaving, I would expect that we might get blown out by OSU. This would be the type of distraction for the coach and team, as well as all assistants, who would know. If we get blown out tomorrow, I will be looking for an announcement.

Comment

Good? I’m tired of this. Get it over with or squash the rumors Lincoln or don’t and be a bitch.

Comment

So Mel Tucker just signed a $95 million 10 year deal, we can't give Riley 12 million/year? The market has changed.

Comment

Billy Nappier
                          Luke Fickell
                          ?
                          I think Castiglione sees that Lincoln can only get OU so far. He probably encourage Lincoln to take the LSU job and get his payday. Now it’s time to bring in a defensive minded coach and hire a good offensive coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyBravo View Post
                            Napier is Florida bound. Telling ya it’s Shane Beamer
                            Beamer would only get looked at if Joe C wanted to keep the rest of the staff on board.

Comment

No wonder our offense looked like shit our last two games.

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post
                                I think Castiglione sees that Lincoln can only get OU so far. He probably encourage Lincoln to take the LSU job and get his payday. Now it’s time to bring in a defensive minded coach and hire a good offensive coordinator.
                                I agree. If LSU did offer 12 million a year, I could see Joe C. taking the approach of letting LR go because I think Joe may have seen what a lot of fans think, that we have seen LR's ceiling. So, Joe C. would not fire LR at this point and might even give him a small raise, but based on how this season has played out, I don't know that Joe C. would fight to keep LR by paying that much.

LR has lost some shine as far as being viewed as the type of coach who can win a natty and compete for it nearly every season. He is a fine coach, just not top shelf in my view. He is the type that you would like to have, but you aren't going to pull your hair out if he leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Veyron View Post

Jamey Chadwell. Look what he’s done at Coastal Carolina.
                                  I'm only on board if it's the kitty cat guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1soonerinoregon View Post

I agree. If LSU did offer 12 million a year, I could see Joe C. taking the approach of letting LR go because I think Joe may have seen what a lot of fans think, that we have seen LR's ceiling. So, Joe C. would not fire LR at this point and might even give him a small raise, but based on how this season has played out, I don't know that Joe C. would fight to keep LR by paying that much.

LR has lost some shine as far as being viewed as the type of coach who can win a natty and compete for it nearly every season. He is a fine coach, just not top shelf in my view. He is the type that you would like to have, but you aren't going to pull your hair out if he leaves.
                                    If he gave LR a raise and next year looks like this year.....the boo birds would be out in force during those shit games.

Comment

g** ph**k**g da**it. I hope this is not true.

Comment

Very true . Last 2 years he was exposed on his ability to develop QBs ( rattler regressing, and now Caleb ) and his offensive scheme has been defeated by Baylor , Iowa st , Kansas , and others .

Comment

Have no idea if any of this is true but If Lincoln wants LSU type of money, then win the gawddamn natty when it was set up perfectly for you to do so. At least win a game in the playoff and then play a competitive game for once when it all counts.

Comment

Is what it is. Coaches come and go, Oklahoma is forever. Trust in Joe if we need to make a hire.

Comment

Pants pissers

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery Pete View Post
                                                Have no idea if any of this is true but If Lincoln wants LSU type of money, then win the gawddamn natty when it was set up perfectly for you to do so. At least win a game in the playoff and then play a competitive game for once when it all counts.
                                                Yeah, his schtick would not play well in Baton Rouge. You can't afford to lay eggs against weak opponents and you better beat Saban every couple of years as well.

Comment

Is he taking Caleb Williams with him? If Caleb Williams leaves, I wonder what Rattler is going to do?

Comment

If he goes, some of our stud recruits are likely to follow him. We'd have to hit a homerun hire. Like Urban Meyer (unlikely, plus he's a dirtbag) or Luke Fickell. It's not so much the leaving that would concern me, but minimizing the short term hit with an effective hire.

Comment

At least we have an instant rivalry now when we go the SEC. Owen field would be rocking when Riley and LSU come into town.

Comment

Is he taking Caleb Williams with him? If Caleb Williams leaves, I wonder what Rattler is going to do?
                                                        He'll be looking for a place with a decent OL

Comment

Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
                                                          If he goes, some of our stud recruits are likely to follow him. We'd have to hit a homerun hire. Like Urban Meyer (unlikely, plus he's a dirtbag) or Luke Fickell. It's not so much the leaving that would concern me, but minimizing the short term hit with an effective hire.
                                                          If he were to leave, which he isn't, we'd definitely lose recruits and it would be damaging, no matter who was hired. Too late in the game. Fickel isn't swaying any of the elites this year wherever he goes.

Comment

agree. And since we will be in same conference Riley is tight lipped for maximum damage to the OU program. That’s why Joe should go public

Comment

agree. And since we will be in same conference Riley is tight lipped for maximum damage to the OU program. That’s why Joe should go public
                                                              Unless there is nothing for Joe C. to go public with. That is a real possibility.

Comment

Crazy. Lincoln has been nothing but mediocre in Norman and he’s heralded as a god. Why go to Baton Rouge where the fan base actually expects National Championships?

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post
                                                                  In no way should we pay Riley more than we are. He hasn’t earned more. Let LSU blow that much on him while continuing to pay other coaches a ton of money not to coach.

Comment

I would say we promote Alex grinch. However we have seen what promoting coordinators has done to there ability to call plays. If this is true we should bring in someone willing to keep Alex and hope Alex wants to stay on board at Oklahoma

Comment

Unless there is nothing for Joe C. to go public with. That is a real possibility.
                                                                      Its happening. It’s been confirmed. Dude punked Joe and the University

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

In no way should we pay Riley more than we are. He hasn’t earned more. Let LSU blow that much on him while continuing to pay other coaches a ton of money not to coach.
                                                                        well we’ll look who’s come around.

Comment

We either pay Lincoln 10+ million or we pay someone else that same amount. It’s now the going rate after MSU’s extension. It’s not about money anymore. It’s whether Lincoln is man enough to win a nattty

Comment

Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post
                                                                            We either pay Lincoln 10+ million or we pay someone else that same amount. It’s now the going rate after MSU’s extension. It’s not about money anymore. It’s whether Lincoln is man enough to win a nattty
                                                                            We're not paying some new HC +$10 million lol

Comment

#39
                                                                              Is Lincoln Riley just going to mail-in the rest of the seasons? We had a chance for a Big 12 champ and possible playoff birth. Oh well.

Comment

#40

Its happening. It’s been confirmed. Dude punked Joe and the University
                                                                                I totally agree with this as you have confirmed that only a punk can spot a punk.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  We know the answer to that

Comment

#42

Someone else then.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
                                                                                      Crazy. Lincoln has been nothing but mediocre in Norman and he’s heralded as a god. Why go to Baton Rouge where the fan base actually expects National Championships?
                                                                                      While I acknowledge your familiarity with mediocrity given your university, Riley has been way above mediocre. Go back under your bridge, troll.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

While I acknowledge your familiarity with mediocrity given your university, Riley has been way above mediocre. Go back under your bridge, troll.
                                                                                        Leave him alone.....his wife was shagged by a sooners fan years ago. Trolling us is his coping mechanism. Let the guy have some fun.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          I need brokebacksooners opinion to prove if this rumor has any traction in all this shit?

Comment

#46
                                                                                            While I am not an Urban Meyer fan….this would blow the mind of UT fans. Some head would literally rupture in Austin….so many tears, so much despair. They wanted Urban so badly. So I see some value in it.

Comment

#47

You finally get it. While 11 and 12 win seasons are mediocre for OU, they would be considered a great season at ATM, which hasn't happened in about a decade. Sad!

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Yeah, it is interesting that LSU would so highly value him. I mean, the money they are allegedly offering would be the type that you would offer to a guy who has proven himself as a natty winning coach. A guy who has won 3 nattys or so and a fan base believes that he will do so for them.

In this case, LR has not and we really don't know whether he will. That is a lot of money to pay for a guy with this lingering question hanging over his resume and a fan base that expects to beat Bama and win nattys.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Yes. A lot of coaches are getting new contracts within the last couple of weeks.. Another school wants to give our current coach a new contract. Mel Tucker is getting pain 9.5 million/year. LSU wants to pay Lincoln Riley 12 million/year. Is Lincoln Riley better than Mel Tucker? I think he is.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    No retreads....no established HCs.

Hire an assistant or a young HC that's a recruiter, motivator but hands off the Xs & Os

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1