First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking the player losses by portal or decommit here

Just trying to have one organized thread for this, and I will change it when I see additions. This is so far.

Portal
    Spencer Rattler 5* QB
    Theo Wease 5* WR
    Jadon Haselwood 5* WR

Raleek Brown 5* RB
    Kobie McKenzie4* LB
    Demetrius Hunter 4* C
    Derrick Moore 4* DL

B randon Innis 5* WR
    Malachi Nelson 5* QB
    Treyuan Webb 4* RB
    Last edited by EatLeadCommie; 11-30-2021, 06:54 AM.

Thanks for this list. Big time. Would be great to add a "who is staying committed" list as well.

One thing though, should we put Wease on there? Is it just a rumor right now?

Comment

Wease is confirmed on Twitter.

edit*** Not by Wease himself, but by several OU 247 reporters.
      Last edited by Bigpoppa85; 11-29-2021, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigpoppa85 View Post
        Seems that Wease would stay if he thought that Caleb W. is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by GSA View Post

Seems that Wease would stay if he thought that Caleb W. is staying.
          Possibly. He would have a new WR coach either way.

I think they’re both gone. We will put the full court press on Caleb.

you can always pull your name out of the portal at any time too. Some players may be freaking out and then end up staying

Comment

Originally posted by Bigpoppa85 View Post
            Not on his Twitter account he isn't. It's a rumor somebody else posted in the Recruiting Domino Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post

Not on his Twitter account he isn't. It's a rumor somebody else posted in the Recruiting Domino Thread.
              Yep. Nothing on his Twitter as of this post.

Comment

Not on his Twitter. But it’s more than on this board

https://twitter.com/joeyhelmer247/st...023536128?s=21

https://twitter.com/mikeroach247/sta...159792132?s=21
                “Sources tell me Oklahoma WR Theo Wease is expected to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal. The former five-star Allen prospect accounted for over 650 yards and 6 touchdowns with the Sooners and will have three years available with COVID eligibility. @Keep your politics off the boardDrumm247”

Comment

Just trying to have one organized thread for this, and I will change it when I see additions. This is so far. Theo is a rumor and I don't think Raleek is officially decommitted yet, but expected to.

Portal
                  Spencer Rattler 5* QB
                  Theo Wease 5* WR

Kobie McKenzie4* LB
                  Demetrius Hunter 4* C
                  Derrick Moore 4* DL

Keep your politics off the board Innis 5* WR
                  Raleek Brown 5* RB
                  Malachi Nelson 5* QB
                  Treyuan Webb 4* RB
                  Brown is a '22 kid, no?

Comment

Can someone please give a brief recap of how Keep your politics off the board Inness got his nickname?

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher View Post

Brown is a '22 kid, no?
                      Yes, my bad. Fixed.

Comment

Bob Stoops: "Nothing to be concerned about".

Comment

problem is...IMHO, several recruits...(3 as of now) are tying their commitment/openness to OU to current coaches. DM and Joe John...if either of those guys don't make the new coach's team then count them out.

Comment

Haselwood just announced he’s leaving. He and Wease wouldn’t be leaving if CW were staying. Only a matter of time before Mims and CW make their departure official now

Comment

Still only 1 day out since the LR announcement. These players can change their minds once things cool down. Even officially putting their names in the portal doesn't mean they end up at another school. Much depends on timing and who ends up as new HC.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerbms View Post
                                Haselwood just announced he’s leaving. He and Wease wouldn’t be leaving if CW were staying. Only a matter of time before Mims and CW make their departure official now
                                CWs whole family moved to Norman. I don’t think he committed to Lincoln Riley. I think he stays

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer00 View Post

CWs whole family moved to Norman. I don’t think he committed to Lincoln Riley. I think he stays
                                  Why would Wease and Haselwood leave if they knew they’d have CW throwing them the ball? They’re not going to find a better QB or situation in the portal. It’s not like we’re stacked at WR.

Comment

Woof that ‘19 class was a pile of shit. All LR guys. Go down in recruiting circles as one of the biggest recruitings bust(s) in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post
                                      Still only 1 day out since the LR announcement. These players can change their minds once things cool down. Even officially putting their names in the portal doesn't mean they end up at another school. Much depends on timing and who ends up as new HC.
                                      Haselwood has been trying to leave since he has been on campus. Also, in his post he said he is looking forward to growing in a new program.

Comment

Also we need a thread of players pledging their allegiance to the program or current coaches still on staff. Pump the positivity as much as we dwell on the negatives.

Comment

Why would Wease and Haselwood leave if they knew they’d have CW throwing them the ball? They’re not going to find a better QB or situation in the portal. It’s not like we’re stacked at WR.
                                          My response would be that players are emotional just like fans. But players time at a school is extremely short, so they are not going to take the view that this is better in the long term. They could well think the team will be down for the remainder of their eligibility and thus hurt their NFL prospects. It may have nothing to do with CW. Finding a new HC could go a long way in settling some players down.

Comment

Man forget these guys. I want dudes that want to play for the university of Oklahoma. Star rating isn’t everything, as we’ve seen getting beat by 2 and 3 star recruits every year.

Comment

Not worried about any player leaving on offense besides Caleb, Mario, and some offensive linemen.

Comment

Sucks seeing guys leave regardless. You grow fond of them. Ima haft to check out of these type threads and pretend they don’t exist

Comment

Originally posted by sooners34 View Post

Haselwood has been trying to leave since he has been on campus. Also, in his post he said he is looking forward to growing in a new program.
                                                  He can go drop some game winning TDs at his next spot.

Comment

Originally posted by sooners34 View Post

Maybe he can finally beat someone, or get a 50-50 ball.

Comment

I mean I get Norman isn’t the most happening spot but what the hell? Are players/recruits jumping ship because they know they could possibly make more NIL money in bigger markets? This is definitely a new era. Sure players would transfer when a coach left or got fired but they seemed to be more of the backups now we’re seeing starters transfer left and right

Comment

Hazlewood was a selfless player but let's be honest, he didn't even come close to that 5 star ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
                                                          Can someone please give a brief recap of how Keep your politics off the board Inness got his nickname?
                                                          Well he goes by Keep your politics off the board because his mama named him Keep your politics off the board but some other guy named Keep your politics off the board won a race and the rest is history. Pretty simple really

Comment

Updating the list here because I can't seem to change the one on the top of the thread. Stogner added.

Portal
                                                            Spencer Rattler 5* QB
                                                            Theo Wease 5* WR
                                                            Jadon Haselwood 5* WR
                                                            Austin Stogner 4* TE

Raleek Brown 5* RB
                                                            Kobie McKenzie 4* LB
                                                            Demetrius Hunter 4* C
                                                            Derrick Moore 4* DL

B randon Innis 5* WR
                                                            Malachi Nelson 5* QB
                                                            Treyuan Webb 4* RB
                                                            Last edited by EatLeadCommie; 11-30-2021, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Updated to reflect Haselwood and Wease being official, as well as Brown.
                                                              Well, 'bye.

Coach Stoops just walked in the room, and said "Who all wants to play some football?"

Comment

lol nm

Comment

Jadon was leaving even if Riley stayed, unhappy with how he was being used. Don't read anything into this.

Comment

Originally posted by Database Error View Post
                                                                    Hazlewood was a selfless player but let's be honest, he didn't even come close to that 5 star ranking.

He knows deep down he shoulda been db.

Comment

Originally posted by Database Error View Post
                                                                      That’s fair. A 5* receiver survives the contact on that final drive and catches the ball for a first and goal at the 2. CW put that ball between the CB and safety as best he could. Haselwood had to secure that catch!

Comment

Originally posted by Cbsooner View Post
                                                                        I mean I get Norman isn’t the most happening spot but what the hell? Are players/recruits jumping ship because they know they could possibly make more NIL money in bigger markets? This is definitely a new era. Sure players would transfer when a coach left or got fired but they seemed to be more of the backups now we’re seeing starters transfer left and right
                                                                        Riley and a lot of the coaches who left with him recruited a lot of these guys to play in Riley's system. Not Oklahoma's, RILEY'S system. It's only natural that, given the reason they were here was Riley, himself, they might jump ship. That said, I do find it funny that they didn't exactly light up the world in HIS system the last two years.

One thing I couldn't help but notice is that Riley's system is really only great for the QB. Otherwise, the ball gets spread around so much nobody really gets a chance to stand out. Even Mims, our best receiver, had games where he touched the ball a handful of times.

If Joe C nails the hire and the new coach brings in a top OC, I might just think about sticking around--even Caleb Williams (tho don't bet on him staying). Riley just showed he can leave for a better opportunity at the drop of a hat. You going to move your family AGAIN and hope the NFL doesn't come calling? Riley's loyalty is for sale. That's the last guy I'd trust with my future.

Comment

weren't they buddies with rattler? I think they are more tied to him than CW

Comment

Good thread idea! Want to add the coaching changes here as well?

Comment

#39
                                                                              Riley lied to CW! He lied to his parents who moved to Oklahoma. Don’t think Caleb stays but the relationship with Riley is probably lost. Also he did not develop players. How the hell is he a guru when Rattler did not improve? At all! I mean seriously!

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by soonerknight View Post
                                                                                Riley lied to CW! He lied to his parents who moved to Oklahoma. Don’t think Caleb stays but the relationship with Riley is probably lost. Also he did not develop players. How the hell is he a guru when Rattler did not improve? At all! I mean seriously!
                                                                                It's not so much that Rattler didn't improve - he actually regressed from last year. It wasn't just "hype" that made him the Heisman favorite coming into this season. He played very well down the stretch last season, made a lot of really great throws and everyone recognizes the physical talent he has. In fact, his numbers last year would've been way better if the receivers didn't have stone hands much of the time. I don't know if it was Riley or Rattler or some combination but whatever it was did not work over the last 10 months.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Haselwood, Wease, and Bridges was perhaps the highest rated prep receiving corps haul in college football history.

Talk about bad fucking luck.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    “2019 4-star TE Austin Stogner has entered the transfer portal after totaling 47 rec for 654 yards and 8 TD in his three seasons with Oklahoma @rivalsmike @SoonerScoop @BPrzybylo https://t.co/7Yi0PQOxPZ”

Comment

#43
                                                                                      I don't understand some of the transfers.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
                                                                                        I don't understand some of the transfers.

Looks like Joe Jon,Cale and DeMarco are cleaning house on the weak links

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by BoomerAnon View Post

Looks like Joe Jon,Cale and DeMarco are cleaning house on the weak links
                                                                                          I guess that's one way to look at it.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I guess Willis will get more targets.

good

who's throwing the rock to him though?

Can Micah Bowens throw the ball?

im only kidding...im hoping CW stays

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

I guess that's one way to look at it.
                                                                                              Well the way I see it the four ex players that are coaching played on entirely different kind of team with a different mind set.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Dear lord...they dont even hide it.

I thought most contact wasnt direct.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  I guess I posted this in the wrong thread. Bringing it over here.

I'm old enough to remember when coaches wouldn't go after recruits to their previous school.

Kelvin had a stacked recruiting class coming in and didn't take any of them with him to Indiana.

It's a douche move Linc.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    I hope none of the portal guys wind up at UT.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1