Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al Eschbach said ...

On the Dominant Duo yesterday, Al said:

1 - USC is a better job than OU (due to the pending move to the SEC)

2 - Riley will have the best recruiting class in the country

3 - USC will be in the 4-team playoff within 3 years

4 - Riley will win national championships (plural) there
    Live Free or Die!

5 - He took Bennie Wylie, so he's already working with one hand behind his back.

Comment

I stopped at "Al". I really didn't need to go any further.

Comment

You can hear it for yourself here.
        Live Free or Die!

Comment

I agree with most of what Al said...depends if he jumps to NFL or not, not sure if NFL would spend that kind of $$$

Comment

Originally posted by zcaa0g View Post
            I stopped at "Al". I really didn't need to go any further.
            Exactly. It is a proven scientific fact that you kill 20 brain cells every time you listen to Al Escbach.

Comment

Lincoln will get recruits there. For sure. But he won’t instill a winning culture. Pete Carroll could recruit but his success came from his maniacal coaching.

Comment

Seems like deja vu. I remember Lane Kiffen ditching Tennessee for USC and the same predictions were made.

Comment

...JAHNNIE'S CHAHCOE BWOILAH!

Comment

Al also said that Riley was the worst head coach that he has ever had to deal with from a media perspective. Even worse than Schnellenberger.
                    Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by QuakerMayfield View Post
                      Lincoln will get recruits there. For sure. But he won’t instill a winning culture. Pete Carroll could recruit but his success came from his maniacal coaching.
                      I'm telling you also. Lincoln's WTF? losses that he had at OU... Out in the PAC those losses are endemic to the culture. Always have been.

A great example is in 1981 when we played USC where Marcus Allen ran wild and we basically lost on the last play. USC moves up to #1. The very next week a mediocre Arizona team comes to the Coliseum and beats them.

Comment

He also said Riley was much more arrogant than people realize, and treated people poorly behind the scenes. In that regard nothing like Barry or Bob.

Comment

Look, Lincoln is going to draw the kids in; there's no doubt about it. But he did that here as well...and, well....we've all seen the regression. I'm not going to count 2020 against him, because Covid screwed everything up. But you could see offensive issues in 2019 and 2020, and they became significant issues this year.

Had he gone and taken no one from Oklahoma with him, he probably could get things right. But he took Wylie. And that alone was the worst decision he made.

Comment

Riley hates defense. The second they play Ohio State or Alabama, they're going to get wrecked. He might win a few PAC 12 titles, but he'll never bring home a natty. Would be willing to bet a years salary on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

As God as my witness, if anybody mentions Al Eschbach again I will never visit this board again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias 2.0 View Post
                                5 - He took Bennie Wylie, so he's already working with one hand behind his back.
                                Well, the other hand holds his crib notes for how to coach, so USC is pretty much fucked.

Oh, and Al Eschbach has no place in sports media any longer. Washed up pedo douch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

As God as my witness, if anybody mentions Al Eschbach again I will never visit this board again.

Al Eschbach. Get going.

Comment

When will these folks do their research? SC HAS HAD LOADED RECRUITING CLASSES FOR MY ENTIRE LIFETIME AND HAD ONE GOOD RUN WITH PETEY. How can they not look at UT and SC and UF and UM and realize they are culturally screwed up. The past 2-3 years, SC has run OU's offense almost entirely, with better players and done jack and squat. Their facilities and admin are terrible. The stadium is terrible. Their fanbase CAN be large, but are also not the most dependable. People need to stop living in the 70s and 80s.

Comment

Al also said that Riley was the worst head coach that he has ever had to deal with from a media perspective. Even worse than Schnellenberger.
                                      Did he have food in his mouth while he said that? Why am I even asking? Of course he did.

Comment

1. Not even close. Much worse facilities and admin. Very weak support structure. Revolving door of HCs and ADs. Team in shambles even in a weak conf. (4-7 record).
                                        2. They are 40th right now; good luck getting to 1st based on "QB whisperer" reputation.
                                        3. I suspect he will get blown out in the semis, as always. OU's results got progressively worse each year he was HC.
                                        4. Winning 2 in a row against physical teams? Laughable.

Comment

Who is All Assscrack and why would I care what he says….

Comment

honestly I think we may be giving too much credit to USC. out side of when they cheated they haven't been super successful. i think times in the Pac 12 have changed and a one lose team isn't guaranteed to be in the 4 team playoff as it almost always was here in the Big12. He has proven time and again that he can get beat by the middle of the road teams with regularity, add in Oregon and his window is a lot tighter than it was here. plus, the Pac's middle teams historically have been better than the Big 12. if Washington gets their act together the will give him fits and don't forget Chip Kelly at UCLA who I think is a better offensive mind than Riley. Also, Notre Dame is a permanent fixture in their schedule and historically have gotten the better end of the series. next years schedule is a joke, but 2023 is loaded. @Notre Dame and BYU in the non-con. @ Oregon and @ Arizona St (not an easy win) 2024 is worse for them in the non-con. Notre Dame, LSU in Las Vegas, @Washington, @Utah, Oregon at home, home field means nothing at USC. right there the schedule is tougher than it has been here at OU recently. 2 loses a year gets old quick and we have already seen his teams are tough.

Comment

Al is a syncophant

Comment

Al also flies to third world countries to get laid. Boo to him! Boo, I say!

Comment

I believe opposing defensive coaches were beginning to catch on to his offensive schemes and tendencies, so his offenses were beginning to suffer because of that. I'm not even sure that he would ever make it back to the playoffs here, and he may not make it in at USC.

Comment

al eschbach.....king of the pants pissers.......

Comment

I remember what Al said in the late 90s (yeah my memory is pretty good sometimes), about the USC job. He went on a long rant about how USC football was dead and it would never be back.

Talked about the decaying area around campus, ugly campus, gangs, lack of leadership, lack of facilities, lack of fan support, distractions of pro teams, etc.

Then Carroll is hired and he turns it into a juggernaut. Al is an idiot.

That said I expect Riley to have a lot of success there. The situation is pretty similar to OU. Weak conference and you’re the top dog. But recruiting will be much easier. He should own the. Entire west coast and cherry pick top talent around the country. He also won’t have NC hopes right away. The fan base is fair weather types. Not much pressure with all the distractions and lack of recent success.

It’ll be a cushy job for sure. He is not very media friendly so I don’t know how he will handle all the celebs wanting to hang out at practice etc

I understand why he left. Just wish he would’ve handled it much better. If he put his heart and soul into this season and we won a playoff game or NC? I’d say thanks for busting your ass. But he went out like a snake…

Comment

Kelly and Cristobal (if he stays) will hand FULR his own ass more often than not.

Comment

I believe opposing defensive coaches were beginning to catch on to his offensive schemes and tendencies, so his offenses were beginning to suffer because of that. I'm not even sure that he would ever make it back to the playoffs here, and he may not make it in at USC.
                                                          The book on Lincoln is opposing coaches had figured out his signals and play calling. He can switch some of that up but can't reinvent his tendencies without a committed OC.

Comment

Al also said he “knew” Riley was a snake when he fired Mike Stoops. “HIS BROTHER HIRED YOU AND THIS IS THE THANKS YOU GIVE!”

Comment

Originally posted by Bigpoppa85 View Post
                                                              I remember what Al said in the late 90s (yeah my memory is pretty good sometimes), about the USC job. He went on a long rant about how USC football was dead and it would never be back.

Talked about the decaying area around campus, ugly campus, gangs, lack of leadership, lack of facilities, lack of fan support, distractions of pro teams, etc.

That said I expect Riley to have a lot of success there. The situation is pretty similar to OU. Weak conference and you’re the top dog. But recruiting will be much easier. He should own the. Entire west coast and cherry pick top talent around the country. He also won’t have NC hopes right away. The fan base is fair weather types. Not much pressure with all the distractions and lack of recent success.

It’ll be a cushy job for sure. He is not very media friendly so I don’t know how he will handle all the celebs wanting to hang out at practice etc

I understand why he left. Just wish he would’ve handled it much better. If he put his heart and soul into this season and we won a playoff game or NC? I’d say thanks for busting your ass. But he went out like a snake…
                                                              Yep, contrary to what every one of us hopes, he will kill it at USC I would guess. There's no question the path to a natty is easier there than it was here or than it will be here in the SEC for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerPower View Post
                                                                Al also said he “knew” Riley was a snake when he fired Mike Stoops. “HIS BROTHER HIRED YOU AND THIS IS THE THANKS YOU GIVE!”
                                                                Al's inside voice is CAPS LOCKED

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

Yep, contrary to what every one of us hopes, he will kill it at USC I would guess. There's no question the path to a natty is easier there than it was here or than it will be here in the SEC for sure.
                                                                  On paper for sure. On paper we were the most shoe-in CFP team with our talent, schedule and experience.

Comment

Which makes his jump to USC even more weird. Riley is paranoid as hell...What is he going to do when Snoop Dog and the others want to stop by for practice.

Comment

As a 6’5” human I find that shit funny!

Comment

That's what these talking heads do, they act like nobody has a memory and won't remember what they've said (just like another profession that weren't not allowed to discuss in this forum) . Or they don't remember their selves what they had said in the past.

Comment

LOL...

That was also the same time that he was saying that "OU football would never be like it was under Switzer ever again". And "OU should do what Nebraska does. How 'bout that!!"... and "option football, baby"!!

So what does OU do? They do almost the exact opposite of "what Nebraska does" and win the NC within a couple of years. And while we haven't won an NC, the last twenty years have been much better than what he was projecting.

Comment

Thailand

Comment

#39
                                                                              I don't put a lot of stock in what Al says but I do wonder now if USC is a better job than OU. Historically they're pretty equal, I think OU could match anyone in $ for salaries and whatnot (especially when we move) but I think the location is an advantage for talent acquisition, the playoff path is easy and I think the biggie is the NIL stuff seemingly would have to elevate them given the market they're in.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by BoomerSooner33 View Post

Which makes his jump to USC even more weird. Riley is paranoid as hell...What is he going to do when Snoop Dog and the others want to stop by for practice.
                                                                                He'll probably eat that up...and those distractions will perpetuate mediocrity

Comment

#41

No, it is not. The path is harder. The PAC is soft. He went there to pad his resume. Not to get a natty. An expanded playoff will allow him to win a playoff game but not get closer. Also, closest he came to winning a CFP was his first year! All Stoops players. Sooooooooooo……yeah…..he will win and he will lose 2 games a year but he will not be competitive like Oklahoma or Alabama, Georgia, Clemson….etc……

”Football Mecca”-Coach Riley

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

LOL...

That was also the same time that he was saying that "OU football would never be like it was under Switzer ever again". And "OU should do what Nebraska does. How 'bout that!!"... and "option football, baby"!!

So what does OU do? They do almost the exact opposite of "what Nebraska does" and win the NC within a couple of years. And while we haven't won an NC, the last twenty years have been much better than what he was projecting.
                                                                                    The greatest was when he declared OU fans would end up missing QBs like Paul Thompson, Landry Jones and Nate Hybl...pure stupidity

Comment

#43

1. Debatable. Oklahoma has had more long term success that stretches decades,(including the hiccup in the mid 90’s). USC? Not so much,(more like Miami). But to each their own.

2. Cool. But we already know he doesn’t believe in player development,(which is more crucial). Look at the reports from insiders now talking about what went on with S&C. Combine that with days off, no tackling practices, no accountability. Sounds like a dynasty to me :).

3. Oregon, Stanford & Utah’s physical defenses will have a lot to say on that. Plus add in Washington,(who just hired their version of Kansas State’s Klieman). Riley will win the conference some, but physical defenses combined with his inability to adjust to the flow of the game say otherwise.

4. He couldn’t do that here when he was handed a roster full of athletes who could do it. Also, combine his offensive ineptitude & softness with Wylie’s no accountability & ultra soft program & Grinch’s defense not covering a slant or TE in the middle, lining up 5-10 yards off receivers on short yardage, safeties,(the position he coaches) getting burnt worse than bbq, all of that doesn’t exactly scream “next Alabama-esque dynasty”,(plus Riley hates having multiple analysts/too many hands in the product).

Again, he could change & succeed out there. The more likely scenario is he will be Lane Kiffin 2 0 out there & will ultimately end up at a UTEP, UTSA, type program after he’s fired.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Al has hated Riley for about 3 years.
                                                                                        Al's first question was always what is your injury situation like.
                                                                                        After weeks of the same question Riley eventually threw Al under the bus.
                                                                                        Al stopped attending the press conferences.

I don't think this would have been a problem had Al acted with journalistic creativity with his questions.
                                                                                        Al has been lazy for years. I feel sorry for anyone who still gives a shit about what Al thinks because we now have other better options on line and elsewhere.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          I don't put a lot of stock in what Al says but I do wonder now if USC is a better job than OU. Historically they're pretty equal, I think OU could match anyone in $ for salaries and whatnot (especially when we move) but I think the location is an advantage for talent acquisition, the playoff path is easy and I think the biggie is the NIL stuff seemingly would have to elevate them given the market they're in.
                                                                                          Both OU and SC have been getting those players recently. It's a moot point. If he rebuilds them to some dynasty, I'd be STUNNED. It hasn't happened in my 54 years. Why would this be different? Especially as interest in sports wanes relatively speaking. Back when SC ruled the roost, UO, UCLA, etc sucked and had suck coaches. As soon as Pete left UO got good and started getting some highly rated Cali players, now Kelly is at UCLA and has gotten a few. You could argue, Kelly's been a more successful OC than LR. Either way, those schools are ALL in the Cali hotbed for talent and have history getting them while also, and this is the main thing, having as good or better facilities, admin and stadium than SC. In UO's case, WAY better. ASU is better and their coach draws players now.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Al Eschbach?? *Enter Conor McGregor “who the fook is that guy” clip*

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Al also said “you sure have a large penis for a ten year old girl” in fluent Thai, so, consider the source.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                I’d pay to see Al Eschbach and SoCali in a wrestling match. 2 midgets going at each other. Donate the money to a charity, like the school for kids who can’t read good.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                                                                                  I’d pay to see Al Eschbach and SoCali in a wrestling match. 2 midgets going at each other. Donate the money to a charity, like the school for kids who can’t read good.
                                                                                                  Socali would get buttfucked and probably enjoy it in that match.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by soonerknight View Post

As a 6’5” human I find that shit funny!
                                                                                                    He's 5 foot. 5'1 with the afro.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1