First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lane Kiffen - why not?

I know he has baggage, but he's past all that and is in good standing with the NCAA.

He definitely has the swagger that we all wish Riley had. He has shown he can compete in the SEC.

Matt Corrol is going pro. Unless he lands Arch Manning, why would he not want to trade up to the OU job? Think of what he could do with CW's talent.

Would love to see the Lane Train pull in to Norman.
    Live Free or Die!

Bargaining is what step in the stages of grief?

Comment

Kiffin - sorry - too late to correct the spelling in the thread title.
      Live Free or Die!

Comment

We just had 5 seasons of him.

Comment

Because he is not committed to anything other than Lane Kiffin.

We saw what that results in.

Comment

I used to hate kiffin. He left a trail of disaster wherever he went. However, I think he’s matured and learned from that. I think he’s a great coach and I would definitely consider him. The major reason I wouldn’t want him, is he would leave as soon as he had a better offer or things became difficult. We don’t need that.

Comment

Corral

Comment

Because he’s a job hopper.

Comment

He’ll fuck ur sister, and leave her with the clap.

Comment

Others have mentioned it and I agree. We don't want to be in this situation again in 3-5 years. Cannot trust him.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                      I used to hate kiffin. He left a trail of disaster wherever he went. However, I think he’s matured and learned from that. I think he’s a great coach and I would definitely consider him. The major reason I wouldn’t want him, is he would leave as soon as he had a better offer or things became difficult. We don’t need that.
                      Perfect explaination. If he succeeds, Jerruh would come calling and that’s an easy choice for a man like him.

Comment

Believe he would have similar issues in the licker room that Riley had. Seems he likes to be cool guy more than disciplinarian.

And I agree with those saying he wouldn't be around long term.

Comment

If the one concern about someone is how loyal they really are, there are better candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by QuakerMayfield View Post
                            We just had 5 seasons of him.
                            Underrated post

Comment

NNNNNNNOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy Gonzalez View Post

Underrated post
                                Underrated post

Comment

Lane has a ton of baggage and reputation - maybe, but Joe C wouldnt.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                    You say he’s matured but then admitted he has no loyalty. Isn’t that a major part of his maturity issues?

I guess there is more that I don’t know about. Curious about the trail of disaster that isn’t related to the bailing on every team.

I would take Meyer because at least you get a proven commodity that will win and win big.

Had Riley won at least one title, I’d almost consider his hire worth it. As it is I wish we had never known who Lincoln Riley was. Don’t care if that means we didn’t have six conference titles in a row. Don’t care if it means we continued at the pace of the Knight/Bell years.

In the annals of OU football coaches, it is a toss up between Blake and Riley as the most disastrous hire in OU history. For all his f’ ups, Blake left us in better shape than Riley.

Comment

skunks do not change their stripes..
                                      Joe will hire someone squeaky clean.....professionally and personally

Comment

the risks with Kiffin outweigh the rewards.
                                        There is far too much baggage with him.
                                        not sure it is worth it. great offensive mind, terrible person and terrible representative for the university.

Comment

he’s a goof ball and we don’t want another coach with “swagger”, that was a huge part of lincoln riley’s problem. if we want to be a championship program we need a coach that’ll rip your head off, not some goober acting like a clown for social media.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
                                            Believe he would have similar issues in the licker room that Riley had. Seems he likes to be cool guy more than disciplinarian.

And I agree with those saying he wouldn't be around long term.
                                            Ah, the old licker room. Reminds me of a former establishment in my neck of the woods called "Beaver Liquor."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
                                              Corral
                                              I seem to be having problems with spelling today.
                                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

There’s a reason why when people heard what LR did, they said “what a Lane Kiffen move.” We don’t need any more of that.

That said, the Kiffen vs. Sark war of words would be EPIC. And ala Barry, Kiffen might show up to OU/TX wearing a Fuck Texas hat, and a Sark’s Tarts ring tee. As someone else said, I’d love to laugh at it, but would probably rather it be associated with another school.

Comment

Originally posted by 5thWave View Post

Ah, the old licker room. Reminds me of a former establishment in my neck of the woods called "Beaver Liquor."
                                                  My favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

I seem to be having problems with spelling today.
                                                    I haven't kicked tou in the shins in a while. Didn't want you to think I had forgotten about you.

And FTR, I'd be on the Lane Train.

Most Uber successful people are obnoxious.

He is a damn good coach who would kick ass and change the vibe at Oklahoma.

Comment

Lane Kiffin would leave our program in worse shape than LR did. Wait! Are they like related in some way, like maybe incest.

Comment

Lane Kiffin is a cunt. Some folks on this board are upset and feel done hard by LR. Lane Kiffin has zero integrity in his entire body.

Comment

OU is better than Lane Kiffin...someone compared him to a young Barry....heheh no

Comment

No. Explanation: No means NO!!!

Comment

Because the guy excels at the timeless art of douchebaggery.

Comment

Our coach just left for usc. Do we really wanna hire the guy that usc fired on the plane ride home from a loss?

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post
                                                                  Our coach just left for usc. Do we really wanna hire the guy that usc fired on the plane ride home from a loss?
                                                                  Uh…..they threw his stuff off the team bus and did not give him a ride to the sirport or from airport forget but read a whole thing on this when it happen. I mean they abandoned this dude and everyone said his career was over. He went to Alabama and resurrected his career but his personality will clash with OUr culture!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

I haven't kicked tou in the shins in a while. Didn't want you to think I had forgotten about you.

And FTR, I'd be on the Lane Train.

Most Uber successful people are obnoxious.

He is a damn good coach who would kick ass and change the vibe at Oklahoma.
                                                                    He’s mastered the art of the tweet for sure and high school/college kids get his vibe. Baker and Kyler were immature and made a bad exit but learned from it at ou. I think Lane has learned some lessons. I just don’t see him settling for okie life for long.

Comment

Originally posted by ChapelHillSooner View Post

You say he’s matured but then admitted he has no loyalty. Isn’t that a major part of his maturity issues?

I guess there is more that I don’t know about. Curious about the trail of disaster that isn’t related to the bailing on every team.

I would take Meyer because at least you get a proven commodity that will win and win big.

Had Riley won at least one title, I’d almost consider his hire worth it. As it is I wish we had never known who Lincoln Riley was. Don’t care if that means we didn’t have six conference titles in a row. Don’t care if it means we continued at the pace of the Knight/Bell years.

In the annals of OU football coaches, it is a toss up between Blake and Riley as the most disastrous hire in OU history. For all his f’ ups, Blake left us in better shape than Riley.
                                                                      I never said he wasn’t loyal. Just because a guy wants to chase the next big thing doesn’t mean he’s disloyal. We all look for challenges and more comfort and security. You can do it the right way honestly OR you can do it the wrong way and burn every bridge and be a lying POS like Riley.

Kiffin has no ties to Oklahoma and to him it’s just a job. There’s no crime or disloyalty in that. It is what it is. It’s also why I wouldn’t want him at OU. He’d be very successful at OU but he’d leave if the NFL came calling in 3-5 years which is why I wouldn’t want him at OU.

Comment

Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post

I think Lane has learned some lessons. I just don’t see him settling for okie life for long.
                                                                        Hallelujah! Praise JESUS! Meth for everyone!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                        X
                                                                        UA-124223861-1