First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
    Valid points on Lanning. He’s much more of an unknown than BV. Is it Kirby smart or Lanning really running the defense?

I lean towards BV as my first choice. Personally, we should also hire Lanning as our DC. Give him a big raise and let him run the defense. That would allow him to prove himself outside of Smarts shadow and make him more marketable as a HC candidate.

Make it happen!
    How big of a raise would you give him? He currently makes 1.8M

Comment

Originally posted by really View Post

BB will not stay on here
      Yea!

Comment

Originally posted by zcaa0g View Post
        I fear that Bedenbaugh will remain, which means the Texas Tech connection will not be 100% severed. Really need a fresh start at the OL coaching position.
        Now that we know what was going on, I no longer blame the O line.

The schism wasn't between LR and Grinch, it was between those coaches loyal to Riley and those coaches loyal to Oklahoma.

Holy crap, I cannot believe I blamed the O line kids for not having cohesion and unity.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

Now that we know what was going on, I no longer blame the O line.

The schism wasn't between LR and Grinch, it was between those coaches loyal to Riley and those coaches loyal to Oklahoma.

Holy crap, I cannot believe I blamed the O line kids for not having cohesion and unity.

It certainly can't be ruled out now regarding line play. There was definitely division among the coaching ranks and that in turn means division at the player level.

Comment

FYI, there are ghosts in the microwave.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinyeah12 View Post

How big of a raise would you give him? He currently makes 1.8M
              Double it.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

Double it.
                That would work, plus he wouldn't have co-defensive coordinator title.

Comment

Originally posted by echo101 View Post

It could still be lanning and could be announced Sunday BUT I don't think it'll be lanning.. at least not for HC but I really know nothing. With all the Venables talk I'd almost have to believe it's him. Again.. due to conference championship games if it isn't announced tomorrow then you'd have to think the guy's current team will be playing Saturday. Knowing that helps to narrow down the possibllities. I'm hoping OU will open up the check book and hire a strong defensive mind as HC and he in turn hire a strong like minded defensive guy as DC and hires a well known strong offensive minded OC. Keep DeMarco Murray, Cale Gundy, and maybe Cain, dump the others and start anew.
                  Yep, it has to be Venable because of all our talk. JC interviewing and screening in super stealth mode. Everyone else speculating and talking.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoLab View Post
                    Georgia fans just don't want to lose him. :)
                    Any DirtBurglar setting up an account on the Georgia forurm like the LSU guys did here? Suggested User ID: We're Getting Your DC.

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner

Bedenbaugh coached at Taco Tech but didin't Bob Stoops get him from West Virginia?
                      Yes, that is correct.

Comment

We'll know soon enough if he stays or goes I guess. Bedenbaugh arrived two years before Riley came in as OC and then Schmitty departed after Riley's first year as HC. So not a lot of data to go off of because of the close spacing of events. Wylie definitely sucked though. I hated the hire as soon as it was announced.
                        I loved the hire of Wiley.......the other day.........at the USuck welcome to LA celebration for Muleshit. Hearing Wiley was brought to USC was the highlight of the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner Eclipse View Post

I don't think Bedenbaugh is the root of that problem. It was Wiley.
                          You are wise padwan.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatgator View Post
                            FYI, there are ghosts in the microwave.
                            Friendly or hostile?

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post

Yep, it has to be Venable because of all our talk. JC interviewing and screening in super stealth mode. Everyone else speculating and talking.
                              It might turn out to be someone we ain't talking about. Nothing here would surprise me. I wonder what kind of money the university is willing to spend? If Lincoln was only getting around $7 mil and it was reported the university offered him $12 to stay would you think the next guy isn't aware of that and maybe want at least $10 mil? If something like that happens then what's left over to hire the big time assistants? It might take some serious money to get some of these guys that many on this board are talking about such as Lebby, Lanning, etc.. And that's IF they hired Brent V. Lots to be looking forward to in the next few days..

Comment

Originally posted by echo101 View Post

It might turn out to be someone we ain't talking about. Nothing here would surprise me. I wonder what kind of money the university is willing to spend? If Lincoln was only getting around $7 mil and it was reported the university offered him $12 to stay would you think the next guy isn't aware of that and maybe want at least $10 mil? If something like that happens then what's left over to hire the big time assistants? It might take some serious money to get some of these guys that many on this board are talking about such as Lebby, Lanning, etc.. And that's IF they hired Brent V. Lots to be looking forward to in the next few days..
                                12 million? Do you remember where you saw that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner Eclipse View Post

I don't think Bedenbaugh is the root of that problem. It was Wiley.
                                  So talking to my UTerus cousins during Thanksgiving, OU “stealing” Wylie was viewed by Texas fans the same way we viewed Texas “stealing” Jay Boulware.

Comment

Yes, came from WVU and arrived two years before Riley did to be the OC. And was at Tech before WVU.
                                    Bedenbaugh is from the Mike Leach coaching tree.

Bedenbaugh played for Mike at Iowa Wesleyn.

BB was coaching at Tech under Leach and OC Sonny Dykes.

BB was brought to Arizona from Texas Tech by Sonny Dykes. They both coached under Mike Stoops with Mark Stoops DC.

When Dykes left for Lousiana Tech, BB became a co-offensive coordinator with someone named Seth Littrell.

He then went to WVU after Mike got fired.

WVU was being taken over by another Tech/Leach disciple, Dana Holgerson. BB had coached with Dana at Tech.

Bob then brought him to OU.

It is a Mike Leach / Texas tech lovefest in Southern California right now.

Not sure if BB will go. The current O line coach has many ties to Riley already.
                                    Last edited by TheBoots; 12-03-2021, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

Bedenbaugh is from the Mike Leach coaching tree.

Bedenbaugh played for Mike at Iowa Wesleyn.

BB was coaching at Tech under Leach and OC Sonny Dykes.

BB was brought to Arizona from Texas Tech by Sonny Dykes. They both coached under Mike Stoops with Mark Stoops DC.

When Dykes left for Lousiana Tech, BB became a co-offensive coordinator with someone named Seth Littrell.

He then went to WVU after Mike got fired.

WVU was being taken over by another Tech/Leach disciple, Dana Holgerson. BB had coached with Dana at Tech.

Bob then brought him to OU.

It is a Mike Leach / Texas tech lovefest in Southern California right now.

Not sure if BB will go. The current O line coach has many ties to Riley already.

I am curious about Bedenbaugh's current state. Did he have a falling out with Riley and/or Wylie with the latter related to physical development of offensive linemen or if Bedenbaugh is just not interested in moving elsewhere for whatever reason or "other".

Comment

Only 3 years as a DC where it’s really Kirby running the show. That just doesn’t cut it for a head coaching job at a blue blood.

Comment

I am curious about Bedenbaugh's current state. Did he have a falling out with Riley and/or Wylie with the latter related to physical development of offensive linemen or if Bedenbaugh is just not interested in moving elsewhere for whatever reason or "other".
                                          If he did, we will know about it someday.

Truthfully, that makes more sense now that everything else has came out RE: Wylie. I mean, why work your ass off for BB when you don't really have to, because all he can hold over you is playing time, and Wylie isn't really going to be any kind of enforcer, and so forth.

Coaches can get lazy and unmotivated. BB seems to be someone who isn't that way, and we know he can develop some nasty pipe-swinging linemen. Wylie showed up in January 2018. BB's last good line was the 2018 bunch. Seems more than a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post
                                            Only 3 years as a DC where it’s really Kirby running the show. That just doesn’t cut it for a head coaching job at a blue blood.
                                            It only took Jesus three years to get the apostles up to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by MuleshoeSooner View Post

Friendly or hostile?
                                              likely friendly. This thread makes me think it can go hostile

Comment

Originally posted by 5thWave View Post

It only took Jesus three years to get the apostles up to speed.
                                                Joe C needs to get ahold of Jesus’ agent and see if he is available for an interview

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias 2.0 View Post

If he did, we will know about it someday.

Truthfully, that makes more sense now that everything else has came out RE: Wylie. I mean, why work your ass off for BB when you don't really have to, because all he can hold over you is playing time, and Wylie isn't really going to be any kind of enforcer, and so forth.

Coaches can get lazy and unmotivated. BB seems to be someone who isn't that way, and we know he can develop some nasty pipe-swinging linemen. Wylie showed up in January 2018. BB's last good line was the 2018 bunch. Seems more than a coincidence.

BB and Jerry never saw eye to eye on how to work out his guys.

BB won that battle, but it might have been short lived.

BB may be surveying the scene and thinking about loyalty to LR or loyalty to Stoops.

What looks better in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post

Joe C needs to get ahold of Jesus’ agent and see if he is available for an interview
                                                    Idk. I think he’s hung up for a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by MrQster View Post

12 million? Do you remember where you saw that?
                                                      I'm sorry bro but I've been all over the internet reading and watching videos on this giant orgasm. It wasn't an individual saying it but a reported thing. Supposedly.. I'll say it that way.. when Lincoln met with Joe C that Joe C along with others offered that to LR to stay along with other concessions. I'll see if I can come across the article again and post it in a reply to you. I took it like it was already common knowledge is why I didn't really pay it any big attention. I'll try to get back to you on it as soon as I can..

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                      X
                                                      UA-124223861-1