• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/u...ne-season-job/

​​​​​

By John Breech

10 mins ago1 min readAfter dealing with multiple controversies, the Jacksonville Jaguars have finally had enough of Urban Meyer. According to ESPN.com, Meyer has been fired by the team in a move that came at some point in the midnight hour of Thursday morning.

The firing ends a tumultuous run for Meyer, who was mired in several controversies during his short time in Jacksonville. The move by the team comes on the same day that former Jags kicker Josh Lambo made an accusation that Meyer once kicked him during a team practice.

"I'm in a lunge position. Left leg forward, right leg back," Lambo told The Tampa Bay Times. "While I'm in that stretch position, [Meyer] comes up to me and says, 'Hey Dips--t, make your f--king kicks!' And kicks me in the leg."

After being kicked, Lambo said that he responded by telling Meyer "Don't you ever f---ing kick me again" and Meyer responded to that by telling his former kicker, "I'm the head ball coach. I'll kick you whenever the f--- I want."

When it comes to his time in Jacksonville, that incident seemed to be the last straw for Jaguars owner Shad Khan. As recently as Tuesday, Khan insinuated that Meyer would likely make it through the season, but he clearly changed his mind on that issue at some point over the past 48 hours.
    ​​
    How do you not go full Latrell Sprewell if a coach kicks you?

Comment

It would be fine with me if we had no further occasion to hear the words "Urban" and "coach" in the same sentene. Small "u" urban fine, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Balko View Post
        It would be fine with me if we had no further occasion to hear the words "Urban" and "coach" in the same sentene. Small "u" urban fine, absolutely.
        You know that will never happen. He'll be back in CFB in 2 years, at the latest.

Comment

Analyst at USC?

Comment

Guess the bongwhorms finally get their ironic groper. If Sark doesn’t finish at least 10-2, it’s ol uT Red’s final wish. He will throw his last dirty dollar to bring in the divorceé ass clapper. Hopefully she has and brings her support monkey with.

Comment

Originally posted by manateepower View Post
              All of the people who jerk off to stories of coaching yelling at players (he's holding them accountable!), sort of like when Riley made the psychotic decision to stairstep the entire team to death when he saw one piece of trash on the ground in the locker room, would do best to finally realize that there is no correlation between yelling and success. You can demand accountability and discipline without throwing tantrums, and if you cant control your temper, you will lose everyone really quickly.
              Coach Bobby Knight was very successful. Coach Woody Hayes wasn't bad either. Coach Saban hasn't done too bad. Bear Bryant did pretty well, you should read the Junction Boy's. Those Texas A&M players turned out alright, one of them has a NC ring. I would rather play for any of the coaches listed above than Coach Bro any day.

Comment

There's always going to be that one guy who can roll in shit, make everyone believe he's the sweetest smelling fellow on the boardwalk and get those same fools to pay him to hang around and smell good for them. He knows his scam is short-lived, so when the first sign of derision appears he begins his exit strategy and soon after leaves with his pockets bulging with the fool's money looking for the next group of fools with their noses in the air. Wouldn't you like to know what the folks up in Utah think of their savior? Probably wouldn't be much different than how folks around here feel about that shit stain we used to refer to as the OU HBC. Daddy always said "it don't pay to be a prick, because karma's a bitch with teeth."

Comment

​​​​​

By John Breech

10 mins ago1 min readAfter dealing with multiple controversies, the Jacksonville Jaguars have finally had enough of Urban Meyer. According to ESPN.com, Meyer has been fired by the team in a move that came at some point in the midnight hour of Thursday morning.

The firing ends a tumultuous run for Meyer, who was mired in several controversies during his short time in Jacksonville. The move by the team comes on the same day that former Jags kicker Josh Lambo made an accusation that Meyer once kicked him during a team practice.

"I'm in a lunge position. Left leg forward, right leg back," Lambo told The Tampa Bay Times. "While I'm in that stretch position, [Meyer] comes up to me and says, 'Hey Dips--t, make your f--king kicks!' And kicks me in the leg."

After being kicked, Lambo said that he responded by telling Meyer "Don't you ever f---ing kick me again" and Meyer responded to that by telling his former kicker, "I'm the head ball coach. I'll kick you whenever the f--- I want."

When it comes to his time in Jacksonville, that incident seemed to be the last straw for Jaguars owner Shad Khan. As recently as Tuesday, Khan insinuated that Meyer would likely make it through the season, but he clearly changed his mind on that issue at some point over the past 48 hours.
                  ​​
                  What a huge D-bag!
                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

Kicking a Kicker is about like kicking a puppy.

Comment

He call anyone a queer 10 years ago? I need to know so I can fiegn the right amount of outrage.

Comment

What do I win?

Comment

Yep, he gone.

Comment

Originally posted by amtc View Post

Coach Bobby Knight was very successful. Coach Woody Hayes wasn't bad either. Coach Saban hasn't done too bad. Bear Bryant did pretty well, you should read the Junction Boy's. Those Texas A&M players turned out alright, one of them has a NC ring. I would rather play for any of the coaches listed above than Coach Bro any day.
                            Different times, different outcomes. Snowflakes and lawsuits.

Comment

With such an ignominious ending in Jacksonville, I doubt any network would be rushing to put him back on TV.

Comment

Is it time to bring up that former OC that abused his wife for ten years that Urbs and Shelly “knew nothing about?” The avalanche of karma is long overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by 5thWave View Post
                                  With such an ignominious ending in Jacksonville, I doubt any network would be rushing to put him back on TV.
                                  I can think of a few that would.

Comment

Originally posted by amtc View Post

The days of yelling at players and grabbing them by the face mask are over.. this generation of kids don’t respond to that style of coaching BOOMER!

Comment

Imagine him at LSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish View Post
                                        He was even caught grabbing that girl's ass and nothing was done about it. Total Loser just like Riley.
                                        I know, he couldn’t even finish the deal. Loser

Comment

​​​​​

By John Breech

​​
                                          I'm not scUM fan or defender, but this kicker is a huge pussy...me thinks he's overstating the interaction. Nothing to see here.

Comment

What sucks for Meyer is the elite college jobs (OU, USC, LSU, ND) were filled THEN he was fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Section31 View Post

I'm not scUM fan or defender, but this kicker is a huge pussy...me thinks he's overstating the interaction. Nothing to see here.
                                              He should have kicked Myer back in order to demonstrate his leg strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi++y_Shi+bird View Post
                                                What sucks for Meyer is the elite college jobs (OU, USC, LSU, ND) were filled THEN he was fired.
                                                I like to think that was done on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

He should have kicked Myer back in order to demonstrate his leg strength.
                                                  Prolly sucks at kicking which was scUM's point...prolly would've missed.

Comment

[Meyer] comes up to me and says, 'Hey Dips--t, make your f--king kicks!' And kicks me in the leg."
                                                    ​​
                                                    I've never been an Urban fan but, if true, that's funny.

Comment

It makes you wonder where he was on Joe C's list of potentials. Glad Joe passed on him if he was. Suburban was on a lot of posters lists of potentials.

Comment

LOL, Urban Meyer…

One AP sportswriter stated that he clung to the ideal that coaches coach for players, and players play for coaches. If so, that’s pretty bloody dense thinking in the NFL where players obviously play for money, fame, and women - not for coaches.

Comment

Meyer does not care if he got fired, he got his $60 million from his buyout

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Sparks View Post
                                                            Kicking a Kicker is about like kicking a puppy.
                                                            My bet is that out of the top 100 issues that got him fired, this one might rank #99. Players are plenty used to hard ass coaches by this time in their career.

Comment

From Scott Barrett:
                                                              I love that this is what got Urban Meyer shitcanned.
                                                              It feels like a Seinfeld bit.

George: After months of fruitless attempts I finally got fired!
                                                              Elaine: For what?
                                                              George: I kicked the kicker.
                                                              Jerry: You kicked the kicker?
                                                              George: I kicked the kicker.
                                                              Kramer: How hard?

Comment

Urban is red hot toxic now. But how long will the cooling off period be before some desperate college team takes the risk and hires him? (I assume is permanently dead in the NFL).

Comment

Originally posted by manateepower View Post
                                                                  All of the people who jerk off to stories of coaching yelling at players (he's holding them accountable!), sort of like when Riley made the psychotic decision to stairstep the entire team to death when he saw one piece of trash on the ground in the locker room,
                                                                  What the heck?!?! Is there anymore to it than this? I don't remember ever reading/hearing about this at all. That's nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleggers Boy View Post
                                                                    LOL, Urban Meyer…

One AP sportswriter stated that he clung to the ideal that coaches coach for players, and players play for coaches. If so, that’s pretty bloody dense thinking in the NFL where players obviously play for money, fame, and women - not for coaches.
                                                                    Which gives me pause to wonder when some college player will sue a coach for doing harm to his potential NIL earnings by being a terrible coach...or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post
                                                                      Urban is red hot toxic now. But how long will the cooling off period be before some desperate college team takes the risk and hires him? (I assume is permanently dead in the NFL).
                                                                      Yeah, he could end up coaching at Liberty after Freeze leaves. But he's dead to the NFL.

Comment

Urban will land some where. Either a talking head for the BIG network or a coach.

He ain’t through.

Comment

Until Urban wants a job….because he’s won MNC’s at 2 schools…and built Utah from dogshit into a BCS team, that then got a PAC invite. Somebody will be desperate if Urban wants a job, he will get a job.

Comment

I hope he goes to UTerus... he's perfect for their brand. And we get to face fuk his jump passing champ retard self

Comment

#88
                                                                              Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

Until Urban wants a job….because he’s won MNC’s at 2 schools…and built Utah from dogshit into a BCS team, that then got a PAC invite. Somebody will be desperate if Urban wants a job, he will get a job.
                                                                              Agree

Comment

#89
                                                                                Originally posted by SEC View Post

Agree
                                                                                Bobby Petrino with a much better record. He's still a punk. I bet his wife and kids are really proud of him.

Comment

#90
                                                                                  Originally posted by SEC View Post
                                                                                  Urban will land some where. Either a talking head for the BIG network or a coach.

He ain’t through.
                                                                                  Yeah, I suggested Liberty. But now that the massive ass Jerry Falwell, Jr., is gone, even that may not be an option.

Comment

#91
                                                                                    More time to get grinded at the bars I guess.

Comment

#92

Comment

#93
                                                                                        Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

Somebody will be desperate if Urban wants a job, he will get a job.
                                                                                        Probably texass. Lol

Comment

#94
                                                                                          This is his Mangino/Leach/Leavitt/Wilson moment. In other words, a good coach who can’t contain his rage got himself fired. Wilson, Mangino and Leavitt found other gigs and Leach never stepped down. Just took another HC job and got right back into it.

Comment

#95
                                                                                            Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post

It makes you wonder where he was on Joe C's list of potentials. Glad Joe passed on him if he was. Suburban was on a lot of posters lists of potentials.
                                                                                            If his name was ever said, it was a passing joke by one of the Joes. Doubt we would’ve been interested before his NFL meltdown.

Comment

#96
                                                                                              Surlyhorns are arguing over whether they dodged a bullet when UM told them no last year or if he's the "next" savior of texas football. Pretty funny.

Comment

#97
                                                                                                I remember when his name was being floated around for the Dallas Cowboys job, and at the time I really hoped they didn't hire him. Obviously now I'm glad they didn't but there's just a few guys that regardless how good of a coach they are, I would have a hard time pulling for him even if he was coaching my favorite team. But he leaves this situation looking like an complete jackass. Sounds like everyone in the Jags organization wanted his ass out of there. I bet he's back coaching soon though. With his ego he isn't going to want to go out like that.

Comment

#98
                                                                                                  Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post
                                                                                                  I remember when his name was being floated around for the Dallas Cowboys job, and at the time I really hoped they didn't hire him. Obviously now I'm glad they didn't but there's just a few guys that regardless how good of a coach they are, I would have a hard time pulling for him even if he was coaching my favorite team. But he leaves this situation looking like an complete jackass. Sounds like everyone in the Jags organization wanted his ass out of there. I bet he's back coaching soon though. With his ego he isn't going to want to go out like that.
                                                                                                  I won't be surprised to see him back in coaching because some AD somewhere just "has" to make a name for himself by hiring UM. He will probably win, too. But maybe not. With the portal, kids don't have to put up with BS anymore and rumor has it that this generation is only focused on themselves. I, like many, hope that he fades away into obscurity and everyone's last memory of him is getting fired by the Jags.

Comment

#99
                                                                                                    Lincoln Riley to Jacksonville.

Comment

Unnamed coach, "everyone hates that motherfucker" scrolling across my news feed today.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1