Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venebles Defense

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Venebles Defense

    How will it line up? Who will start and do we have the personnel to run it?

    #2
    11 on defense and guys with working legs will run it BOOMER!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by IKE93 View Post
      11 on defense and guys with working legs will run it BOOMER!
      Good because we played with about 9 on D last year.

      Comment


        #4
        Hopefully the defense will line up on-sides and then when the opposing offense runs a play, the defense will actually tackle the ball carrier instead of grasshopper diving. That's my deep thought for today.

        Comment


          #5
          The Venables Defense will actually know how to line up in position

          Comment


            #6
            Venables defense is gonna be solid. They gonna rock the house!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by OUrage View Post
              How will it line up? Who will start and do we have the personnel to run it?
              There's no room for actual football talk here.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by OUrage View Post
                Venebles Defense
                can't you at least spell the coach's name? jfc.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Here is a head start on the discussion. https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-footbal...oklahoma/91556
                  Here are the new guys:
                  Alton Tarber DT Deerfield Beach, FL 6'3" 320 5.6 12/14/21SIGNED
                  Kobie McKinzie LB Lubbock, TX 6'3" 225 5.9 12/13/21SIGNED
                  Cedric Roberts DT Pflugerville, TX 6'4" 280 5.7 7/28/21SIGNED
                  Kip Lewis LB Carthage, TX 6'2" 200 5.8 4/30/21SIGNED
                  Jayden Rowe DB Tulsa, OK 6'3" 210 5.8 4/30/21SIGNED
                  Gentry Williams ATH Tulsa, OK 6'0" 170 5.9 10/18/21VERBAL
                  I think Kobie may start.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I *mostly* liked the BV defenses back in the day. It seemed like every other season, they'd quit using sound tackling fundamentals and, instead, try to make a play by leaving their feet and "hitting" a player hard. Sometimes they'd knock some kid out of his jock strap, but often it wouldn't stop the opponent and the Sooner would end up lying on the ground and out of the play. The following year, it would seem they'd learned their lesson and start tackling again. Then alternate. It was sort of a wash, rinse, repeat. And the rinse seasons weren't so good.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by ourichie View Post
                      The Venables Defense will actually know how to line up in position
                      Gotta love how time seems to create interesting quotes like this. Imagine an OU fan saying this at the end of the 2011 season.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Three5s! View Post
                        Here is a head start on the discussion. https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-footbal...oklahoma/91556
                        Here are the new guys:
                        Alton Tarber DT Deerfield Beach, FL 6'3" 320 5.6 12/14/21SIGNED
                        Kobie McKinzie LB Lubbock, TX 6'3" 225 5.9 12/13/21SIGNED
                        Cedric Roberts DT Pflugerville, TX 6'4" 280 5.7 7/28/21SIGNED
                        Kip Lewis LB Carthage, TX 6'2" 200 5.8 4/30/21SIGNED
                        Jayden Rowe DB Tulsa, OK 6'3" 210 5.8 4/30/21SIGNED
                        Gentry Williams ATH Tulsa, OK 6'0" 170 5.9 10/18/21VERBAL
                        I think Kobie may start.
                        DTY, Broiles and Fields still have eligibility?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

                          DTY, Broiles and Fields still have eligibility?
                          All three of those guys would be super seniors due to COVID. Broiles and Fields would be sixth year guys. Stokes, and White would also be sixth year super seniors. I think Mead is out of eligibility.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by 49cent View Post
                            Gotta love how time seems to create interesting quotes like this. Imagine an OU fan saying this at the end of the 2011 season.
                            We were under the illusion that it was a bad defense. We were naive fools and were about to find out what actual BAD defense looked like. A whole decade of it.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

                              All three of those guys would be super seniors due to COVID. Broiles and Fields would be sixth year guys. Stokes, and White would also be sixth year super seniors. I think Mead is out of eligibility.
                              Are they returning?

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

                                Are they returning?
                                DTY is a strong lean to come back.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Lawrence will take Fields' place. Uguebeu ( sp? ) gets moved to end.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

                                    Are they returning?
                                    dstrait responded on DTY. That would be great if he came back.

                                    I also heard somebody say Fields said he was done. Broiles I haven't heard but he never has played that much until this year so maybe he would want to continue.

                                    Curious about White. He has started for four years. Is he tired of it? Or might he return?

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by OUrage View Post
                                      How will it line up? Who will start and do we have the personnel to run it?
                                      Gotta think we've largely got the athletic talent to run whatever BV wants but will they be sound enough technicians to pull it off? That's a better question.

                                      We'll definitely see a four-man front. I anticipate he'll try to find a guy he can move around but I don't think we'll have that guy yet. It'll be a lot less cutesy than "Speed D" and a lot more "Fuck you."

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        I would bet with Odom calling the defense for the bowl game that we will see something similar to what we have been seening all year. BV has not had time to implement his scheme or change the terminology. That stuff takes the entire off season.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Originally posted by 49cent View Post
                                          Gotta love how time seems to create interesting quotes like this. Imagine an OU fan saying this at the end of the 2011 season.
                                          Biggest complaints in 2011 -
                                          Defense was too complicated.
                                          It took forever to get calls on the field
                                          LB play needs to improve.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by OkStanley View Post
                                            I would bet with Odom calling the defense for the bowl game that we will see something similar to what we have been seening all year. BV has not had time to implement his scheme or change the terminology. That stuff takes the entire off season.
                                            So what you are saying is that this is our last chance to watch our D linemen jumping around like a bunch of grasshoppers?

                                            I just hope I'm not as sad as when the Meerkat offense went away.

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

                                              So what you are saying is that this is our last chance to watch our D linemen jumping around like a bunch of grasshoppers?

                                              I just hope I'm not as sad as when the Meerkat offense went away.
                                              The good thing is that this is Odom's chance to show what he can do calling a defense. Odom wants to be a coordinator someday so he will try his best.. So we might see some differences.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                That-That-That's a good question. What-What happens is, the-the-the center has-has the ball first. And-And-And the quarterback will say, "Hike." That's when the c-center puts the ball in-into the hands of the quarterback. So what they’ll do is, they-they’ll start tacklin' the quarterback, unless he give the ball to-to s-somebody else, in which case, they-they’ll try to tackle that person.

                                                That and a lot of tacklin’ fuel.

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by OkStanley View Post

                                                  The good thing is that this is Odom's chance to show what he can do calling a defense. Odom wants to be a coordinator someday so he will try his best.. So we might see some differences.
                                                  Meh...it's not his defense, the best players are sitting out and he's gotten a chance to coach them for a week. The only thing we might be able to tell is the aggressiveness with which he calls the D.

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

                                                    All three of those guys would be super seniors due to COVID. Broiles and Fields would be sixth year guys. Stokes, and White would also be sixth year super seniors. I think Mead is out of eligibility.
                                                    Will not miss Mead. He personified paper

                                                    Comment

                                                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                    Collapse

                                                    Go To Top

                                                    Collapse

                                                    Working...
                                                    X
                                                    UA-124223861-1