Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cord cutters and ESPN haters shut out on streams?

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cord cutters and ESPN haters shut out on streams?

As someone else already ran afoul of some clerical type rule in another thread, what is the attitude about streaming sites here? Not posting a link, just askin, and sht. Doesn't look like Sooner Sports can sell it.

What used to be a 5 minute exercise finding a stream is now like hacking the Hubble Telescope, especially with ESPN.

It will be on Roku via Fubo TV, which has some free trial thing. But, something about Fubo just doesn't sit well.

You mad?

Comment

I’ve watched about 15 CFB games on YouTube this year. Haven’t had one single problem and not paid a single dime for it other than to my internet provider. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by OB2.0 View Post
        I’ve watched about 15 CFB games on YouTube this year. Haven’t had one single problem and not paid a single dime for it other than to my internet provider. Am I missing something?
        Live, ESPN?

Comment

They’ve all been live and ESPN or Fox games. Literally just searched OU vs whomever and have always found a channel playing it.

Comment

Other than the fact that you’re a cheapskate?

Comment

I think the OP is asking that one of you post a link for him?

Comment

They’ve all been live and ESPN or Fox games. Literally just searched OU vs whomever and have always found a channel playing it.
                If that's possible its sure news to me. ESPN has a deal with Youtube TV for live streaming which costs $65/month. The hacker links I've seen on Youtube always run down a rabbit hole of adware.

Comment

Originally posted by OUspark View Post
                  I think the OP is asking that one of you post a link for him?
                  If allowed. I'd sure post one if I run onto it.

And I'm damn sure a cheapskate where it comes to Dish, ESPN, etc. Not worth it, and ESPN is a drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Sparks View Post

If that's possible its sure news to me. ESPN has a deal with Youtube TV for live streaming which costs $65/month. The hacker links I've seen on Youtube always run down a rabbit hole of adware.
                    That is the price of admission. You gonna pay something.

Comment

Legal way to do this: get a burner Gmail account and register for a trial with Sling or Fubo or Hulu or one of the others that actually carries ESPN. Watch game. Cancel trial. I keep cable because the bundle is cheap with my Internet and I tend to get ragey if the stream starts to buffer during a game I care about.

Comment

And I'm damn sure a cheapskate where it comes to Dish, ESPN, etc. Not worth it, and ESPN is a drain.
                        There is always Bosscast, Feed2all, Circfree, ect if your on PC but make sure you have a good Adblocker or Adguard installed

Comment

I fired DirecTV and got AT&T U-Verse. I was the first Beta Customer in my area. When AT&T kept pushing DTV instead of improving U-Verse I cut the cord. That was in 2018.

There are just so many ways to watch sports these days. The sheep haven’t figured it out. Good for you cutting the cord and joining us who have found a better way. For me it was about being able to pick and choose without getting channels that are an insult to the Human Race. The Longwhorn channel for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd Dobler View Post
                            Legal way to do this: get a burner Gmail account and register for a trial with Sling or Fubo or Hulu or one of the others that actually carries ESPN. Watch game. Cancel trial. I keep cable because the bundle is cheap with my Internet and I tend to get ragey if the stream starts to buffer during a game I care about.
                            This...I have sling pretty much from Sept thru Jan. Then I cancel. I keep the same account and log in info. It's easy to cancel and turn back on. It's only for the few CFB games on ESPN and of course MNF. The rest of the NFL games I can watch OTA or via Yahoo Sports app.

I really wish CFB would find a way to put all the bowls and CFP on OTA (FOX, NBC, ABC, & CBS). F ESPN

Comment

I fired DirecTV and got AT&T U-Verse. I was the first Beta Customer in my area. When AT&T kept pushing DTV instead of improving U-Verse I cut the cord. That was in 2018.

There are just so many ways to watch sports these days. The sheep haven’t figured it out. Good for you cutting the cord and joining us who have found a better way. For me it was about being able to pick and choose without getting channels that are an insult to the Human Race. The Longwhorn channel for example.
                              That's a reply worthy of the Venables icon. It looks like Sling also does the free trial, and it seems more reliable, so that would be an option to get thru New Year's anyway.
                              Being out in the sticks limits things further, including no real high speed internet. Got to find the FirstRows, Grandma Streams, etc that will get thru the maze. This year, though, has been tough. Those places will lock your machine up if you're not careful.

Comment

That's a reply worthy of the Venables icon. It looks like Sling also does the free trial, and it seems more reliable, so that would be an option to get thru New Year's anyway.
                                Being out in the sticks limits things further, including no real high speed internet. Got to find the FirstRows, Grandma Streams, etc that will get thru the maze. This year, though, has been tough. Those places will lock your machine up if you're not careful.
                                If you live out where speeds arent great for streaming. Look into the pay as you go dish package for RVs. Not sure if they still have it. But you could turn it on for as little as one month back when they had it.

It would get you ESPN. And dish only requires one bird rather than 3 like DTV so you can buy a cheaper temp antenna.

Comment

I keep my Directv simply for the Sunday Ticket. However, it seems more and more that there are WAY LESS expensive was to watch tv anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomerAnon View Post

There is always Bosscast, Feed2all, Circfree, ect if your on PC but make sure you have a good Adblocker or Adguard installed
                                    Having a "drop gun" laptop helps some. At one time there was Reddit CFB. Then they pulled the plug and went to Sportsurge, which seems to be down too. OU, a few CFB games about all I care about.

BTW, you guys are helpful. Just wasn't sure if this topic was out of bounds. Might get you into a holding cell in France.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Tbird View Post
                                      I keep my Directv simply for the Sunday Ticket. However, it seems more and more that there are WAY LESS expensive was to watch tv anymore.
                                      You can get (stream) every broadcast NFL game for free. Just get the yahoo sports app on your device and then download a fake GPS app. Run the fake GPS to the location that the game is showing and the yahoo sports app will allow you to stream the game. No shady pop ups or anything.

Comment

There are numerous Sooner sports groups on Facebook. I used to belong to three of them, quit all but one this year. Anyway, there's almost always at least someone, usually more than one, streaming the game. That's how I watch the one PPV game every year.

Comment

Skylink will be available in my area around mid 2022. Hardware is $499. $99 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Tbird View Post
                                            The streaming service pricing is starting to creep up. There are savings, but not nearly as much as what it used to be like. Disney used to give them a discount in order to help them develop a new market, but not anymore.

Comment

Sign up for SlingTV on their "Bowl Season" package. $21 for the first month (Orange Package (all ESPNs and Sport Extras). Then cancel it before the next billing cycle. Cost less that Sooner Sports shitty PPV!

Comment

Wait… is it not available tonight?

Comment

I thought hacking the hubble telescope was supposed to be easy. You know it's just science.

Comment

I did roughly the same thing. U-Verse was great when it was first available in my area. I dropped DTV for it at the time. I have a buddy who runs their maintenance crews in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and Michigan, and I got his employee discount as well. And if anything ever screwed up, I just called my buddy, who lives in the same neighborhood, and he’d fix everything the same day. Never had to place a service call or wait for anything. Was paying $50/month for whatever their best package was (U400 maybe?). Then, it just turned to shit, so I went back to DTV. I’m about to cut the chord on DTV tho. I only keep it now bc of their internet, which is (sadly) better than anything I can get right now at a decent price (package deal). Think I’m just going to go with YouTube TV when a better internet option is available, which is suppose to be soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner79 View Post
                                                      Other than the fact that you’re a cheapskate?
                                                      Been doing it for about 3 yrs now.

Ive always read these threads and thought “Why don’t people just go on YouTube”.

And no there hasn’t been any adware or other bullshit. I watch them exactly like I watch any other YouTube channel. Once again, am I missing something here?

Comment

Been doing it for about 3 yrs now.

Ive always read these threads and thought “Why don’t people just go on YouTube”.

And no there hasn’t been any adware or other bullshit. I watch them exactly like I watch any other YouTube channel. Once again, am I missing something here?
                                                        Watched the entirety of Miss St/Tech last night.

Comment

I'm on Roku and Sling orange for the bowl games for $35 a month, I'll cancel it after bowl games. Don't need ESPN when there's no football on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post
                                                            I'm on Roku and Sling orange for the bowl games for $35 a month, I'll cancel it after bowl games. Don't need ESPN when there's no football on.
                                                            My set up and I never miss an NFL or CFB game:

ROKU with Sling Orange + Blue (Sept thru Jan)
                                                            Antenna for NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX
                                                            Yahoo Sports App plus Fake GPS App for NFL games not in my area

Comment

sportssurge.net usually works fine. VIPBox also usually works. Basketball games on ballysports+ are the only things I can't find. And ballysports+ isn't even available on anything but cable/satelite channels which is not worth the money.

Comment

My son-in-law signed up for 't-mobile' internet. Think it's 5g but he gets 25 down(less remote areas supposedly much faster) and only 50 a month for unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner5030 View Post

This...I have sling pretty much from Sept thru Jan. Then I cancel. I keep the same account and log in info. It's easy to cancel and turn back on. It's only for the few CFB games on ESPN and of course MNF. The rest of the NFL games I can watch OTA or via Yahoo Sports app.

I really wish CFB would find a way to put all the bowls and CFP on OTA (FOX, NBC, ABC, & CBS). F ESPN
                                                                  The deal that gives ESPN exclusive rights to the bowl games is crap. Who signed off on that? Seems that the ADs could get deals lined up with multiple networks to carry the best bowl games and make more money for college football.

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post

The deal that gives ESPN exclusive rights to the bowl games is crap. Who signed off on that? Seems that the ADs could get deals lined up with multiple networks to carry the best bowl games and make more money for college football.
                                                                    Almost make ya think someone's getting some $$$ under the table...or they're just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
                                                                      sportssurge.net usually works fine. VIPBox also usually works. Basketball games on ballysports+ are the only things I can't find. And ballysports+ isn't even available on anything but cable/satelite channels which is not worth the money.
                                                                      Thanks.

SportsSurge is now working for me (using StreamEast link) for Clemson. Its also ESPN, which is a good sign. For some reason it works on MS Edge, but not Chrome. Probably a pop/ad blocker with Chromes.

Comment

The Mouse always wins. Just ask Google.

Comment

Don’t be poor.

Comment

ditto. i watch nearly every CFBG on youtube. live. usually FOX games get banned.

Comment

#39
                                                                              YouTube TV has been good. 940mbps doesn't hurt

Comment

#40
                                                                                So does everyone still think YouTube TV is the best streaming service? Time for my annual cable TV/streaming analysis that I love to do so much.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
                                                                                  So does everyone still think YouTube TV is the best streaming service? Time for my annual cable TV/streaming analysis that I love to do so much.
                                                                                  I’ll be at a Sports Bar watching the Murray play the Stanford rams. They are serving chili. Even the nachos don’t have beans

Comment

#42

I'm thinking about ditching my cable. When I bought this house 12 years ago it was $35 a month, now it's $150...for the exact same channels. My only real problem is I can only get a couple of OTA channels...one of which is PBS. I'm too far away from the big cities

Comment

#43

I’ll be at a Sports Bar watching the Murray play the Stanford rams. They are serving chili. Even the nachos don’t have beans
                                                                                      Sounds like you've been at one for a while already.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Sooner Schooner View Post

I'm thinking about ditching my cable. When I bought this house 12 years ago it was $35 a month, now it's $150...for the exact same channels. My only real problem is I can only get a couple of OTA channels...one of which is PBS. I'm too far away from the big cities
                                                                                        The streaming options aren't as cheap compared to cable as they used to be and I prefer cable but I'd rather not pay any more than I have to for no more TV than I watch.

Comment

#45

The streaming options aren't as cheap compared to cable as they used to be and I prefer cable but I'd rather not pay any more than I have to for no more TV than I watch.
                                                                                          If I could get all of the OTA channels, I would ditch my cable tomorrow. I bet I don't watch more than a half dozen cable channels. I was looking through them just yesterday. There are channels I never knew were on there...and will never watch.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I cut the cord a year ago and although I am saving about $90.00 per month on Youtubetv vs directv it’s has been a very frustrating and learning experience. The simplicity of having cable or directv along with the available programming is greater than the savings by far. But I’m in control and that’s worth more than the savings!
                                                                                            Directv and Cox are such assholes to work with and the arrogant terms and attitudes that I no longer have to deal with will keep me streaming for years to come.
                                                                                            I think!

Comment

#47
                                                                                              There's a cord cutters group on Facebook if anyone is interested. They can give you a lot of help and advice.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CordCuttingTechSupport/

Comment

#48
                                                                                                I was actually looking into this yesterday, as it’s time for my annual as well. Was really just going to drop DTV and get YouTube TV. But, I read that YouTube is in a dispute with Disney, and couldn’t come to contract terms. So best I can tell, YouTube isn’t carrying 25 Disney channels at the moment, including all the ESPN channels. They’ve dropped their price to roughly $50 (down from $65), but I can’t pull the trigger when they don’t have sports channels. I don’t care for ESPN, but hell, that’s where most games are on that I want to watch. So until that shit is resolved, not sure what I’m going to do. Might do Hulu + Live TV for now, and then go to YouTube TV once they come to terms with Disney. I’ll try to work with DTV first, but I’m expecting a big price increase and doubt I’ll make any progress there.

Edit: Just now found an article saying they reached terms back on December 19th. That shit didn’t pop up on any searches I did yesterday. So, likely YouTube for me.

Comment

#49

Sounds like you've been at one for a while already.
                                                                                                  Last night.

GO CHIEFS!

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    All the other services went up so much in price I cut all of them too. It's not worth the price for any of them for more than maybe football season.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1