Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caleb Williams officially enters portal, transfers to USC Page 57

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    Someone on Facebook says he’s coming to Oklahoma. They’re a friend of a friend whose father knows somebody Sister who is an uncle to his aunt, etc. :)
    It's usually not like you to post nonsense like this so I'm not sure I believe you.

    Comment


      Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
      Someone on Facebook says he’s coming to Oklahoma. They’re a friend of a friend whose father knows somebody Sister who is an uncle to his aunt, etc. :)
      who "he?"

      Comment


        Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
        Someone on Facebook says he’s coming to Oklahoma. They’re a friend of a friend whose father knows somebody Sister who is an uncle to his aunt, etc. :)
        At this point, I don't even fucking care. I won't even hate on Caleb if he comes back, I'm just ready for this bullshit NIL saga to end so we can go back to living vicariously through this team through Spring practices.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
          I'm gonna laugh when Williams announces he's staying at OU. All the "yeah, well fuck him anyhow" guys are gonna be back pedaling like a mofo.

          Personally, I think what he's doing is bush league. That said, this whole NIL/portal is all new, and nobody knows how it's gonna turn out, and he's just out swimming about testing the waters. I'd like to hope he's being intelligent about it, and I'd like to think he's not just solely about the very last available nickel, but my heart of hearts goes "yeah, he's a whore. A filthy, lowdown, swindling whore." We'll see though.
          Yeah, in the extremely unlikely event he does come back you'd would almost certainly see a lot of folks backpedaling.

          But nah, it's academic... he gone.
          ​​

          Comment


            Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

            I've talked to him several times at OU softball games, and initially I was "c'mon dude, you're a grown ass man, knock the shit off." I always kinda cringed when he came over to our section with his silliness.

            I ate breakfast at a table next to him in Lawrence before the KU football game this year. Had a chance to chat a bit more, and dealt with several people coming up wanting pics. He was always "yes ma'am, and no sir" and very polite. I'm not sure where he gets his tickets from, because I always see him traveling with a few different guys. I didn't get to ask him what he does in real life, cause I am curious.

            He's managed to hang around and I guess he's OK, but I just don't get people who do that kind of shit. Face painters, costume wearers, etc. There were two dudes at Kansas wearing full Mexican OU gear who were pretty cool, but I still don't get it. To each his own I guess.
            Puddy said it best:

            Comment


              Originally posted by Dr. X View Post

              Yeah, in the extremely unlikely event he does come back you'd would almost certainly see a lot of folks backpedaling.

              But nah, it's academic... he gone.
              ​​
              He's not coming back (I'm like 98% sure of that), but I wonder the longer this goes on if he's actually going to end up at USC. I don't get the delay, unless I conjure up some conspiracy theory about secret NIL deals still being hammered out behind the scenes.

              Comment


                As they say, “shit or get off the pot”…..I think that applies here.

                CW needs to do something…..nobody likes a drama queen dragging shit out unnecessarily.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Tobias 2.0 View Post

                  Vince Young's uncle received $400,000 for him to attend Texas.

                  You should read The Courting of Marcus Dupree.

                  It has always been about the highest bidder; it's just now public.

                  I'm talking about the out-in-the-open solicitation. Yes, these types of things have gone on for a long time but at least there was an illusion. And there has been an artificial cap on it because when kids started driving around in high dollar cars, it raised eyebrows so people would at least try to keep it somewhat hidden. Now, that's just the way it is and there isn't really a cap on the amounts being thrown around.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

                    I'm talking about the out-in-the-open solicitation. Yes, these types of things have gone on for a long time but at least there was an illusion. And there has been an artificial cap on it because when kids started driving around in high dollar cars, it raised eyebrows so people would at least try to keep it somewhat hidden. Now, that's just the way it is and there isn't really a cap on the amounts being thrown around.
                    More importantly, there was still the chance a school/player got hammered for it. This modern culture of "anything goes, so just have no rules" is going to the be the death of society. There HAS to be rules or their is complete chaos.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Section31 View Post

                      More importantly, there was still the chance a school/player got hammered for it. This modern culture of "anything goes, so just have no rules" is going to the be the death of society. There HAS to be rules or their is complete chaos.

                      Comment


                        This process is slower than Caleb making a decision of where to throw the ball.

                        Comment


                          Lol. I don't believe anything associated with USC. Riley probably orchestrating another smoke screen

                          Edit : sorry i dont know how to embed


                          https://twitter.com/SwitzersWishbo1/...OVnTPADlw&s=19

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Jasooner View Post
                            Lol. I don't believe anything associated with USC. Riley probably orchestrating another smoke screen

                            Edit : sorry i dont know how to embed


                            https://twitter.com/SwitzersWishbo1/...OVnTPADlw&s=19
                            I gotchu, fam:

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Jasooner View Post
                              Lol. I don't believe anything associated with USC. Riley probably orchestrating another smoke screen

                              Lol, yeah, no shit. Join the muthafuckin' club, my dude. You can find bleach blonde bitches and big titties anywhere.

                              Comment


                                lmao I could have told them that the facilities difference between OU and USC is staggering.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Dr. X View Post

                                  Lol, yeah, no shit. Join the muthafuckin' club, my dude. You can find bleach blonde bitches and big titties anywhere.
                                  Like we've been saying, USC is off Crenshaw Blvd, their facilities are decades behind and they've shown very little energy or enthusiasm in their fan base for 15 years

                                  That and LA is a total $h!t$how.

                                  Caleb may very well end up at USC

                                  But it's no surprise he would have been underwhelmed.

                                  Hard to go from world-class facilities to dark-stained cabinets, popcorn ceilings and carpeted bathrooms. :)

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
                                    Anybody know the timetable a transfer portal guy has right now with classes starting? Or does that even apply? IIRC, you have a one or two week grace period to change and enroll in classes.
                                    If you want to miss Schmitty workouts and think you got the starting job without showing up to play the spring game, I suppose a transfer could enroll for the summer or fall semester. Just show up for August practice.

                                    Comment


                                      Meh, Muleshit prol had them leak Texis to troll us. Don’t take the bait. Hoping TBOW wife leaves him already so he can hook up with a Kardashian and have a sex change few years later.

                                      Comment


                                        If Caleb doesn't go to USC and Jaxon ends up anywhere but USC...Lincoln is screwed.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post

                                          It's usually not like you to post nonsense like this so I'm not sure I believe you.
                                          Lol. True. It was a moment of weakness for me, so I apologize for that :)

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Jasooner View Post
                                            Lol. I don't believe anything associated with USC. Riley probably orchestrating another smoke screen

                                            Edit : sorry i dont know how to embed


                                            https://twitter.com/SwitzersWishbo1/...OVnTPADlw&s=19
                                            I agree. I don't buy it either. It'd be funny though.

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                              who "he?"
                                              Apologies Sly, I couldn’t resist the setup lol:

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by CrimsonOberon View Post

                                                At this point, I don't even fucking care. I won't even hate on Caleb if he comes back, I'm just ready for this bullshit NIL saga to end so we can go back to living vicariously through this team through Spring practices.
                                                Amen. I agree completely.

                                                Comment


                                                  Honeymoon over before it even began?

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by CrimsonOberon View Post

                                                    At this point, I don't even fucking care. I won't even hate on Caleb if he comes back, I'm just ready for this bullshit NIL saga to end so we can go back to living vicariously through this team through Spring practices.
                                                    Me too. I'm very excited about what BV and staff are doing.

                                                    Look forward to returning focus to the players that want to win at OU

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by BobStoopsReal View Post
                                                      Hoping TBOW wife leaves him already so he can hook up with a Kardashian and have a sex change few years later.
                                                      .

                                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	FaceApp_1642098037693.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	947187

                                                      Comment


                                                        Wherever CW lands, if he has a good sophomore year then fully expect his existing team to go through this again in 12 months

                                                        Comment


                                                          These things take time. This is why nobody believes Riley hammered out a deal with USC in 2hrs.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by M40 View Post
                                                            Wherever CW lands, if he has a good sophomore year then fully expect his existing team to go through this again in 12 months
                                                            Can only transfer without penalty once unless you are a grad transfer, which he wouldn't be at the end of next season.

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by smusooner View Post
                                                              If Caleb doesn't go to USC and Jaxon ends up anywhere but USC...Lincoln is screwed.
                                                              See, he doesn't give a shit. Oh, his ego might take a hit, but in the long run, it doesn't matter.

                                                              Let's say that both of these kids go elsewhere. Riley will get someone in the portal, or maybe there's someone servicable on the roster already.

                                                              Next year is going to suck for them no matter what. This is a massive rebuilding project. The difference between having Williams and not might be a win.

                                                              By not having a QB, Riley can use the rebuilding angle even more than he could if he did. Remember, he's selling to the class of '23 here, not the class of '22.

                                                              And he will be one year closer to an NFL gig, because that's his next destination whenever he decides that building a program is not nearly as fun has being handed one.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by M40 View Post
                                                                Wherever CW lands, if he has a good sophomore year then fully expect his existing team to go through this again in 12 months
                                                                not likely....
                                                                u get one free transfer.....second one costs u a year sitting out...

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Dr. X View Post
                                                                  Honeymoon over before it even began?

                                                                  This cracks me up. Poor USuC fans.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by cfin5256 View Post

                                                                    This cracks me up. Poor USuC fans.
                                                                    They better be careful. Message board posts have been known to drive talented players away from a program.

                                                                    Because that certainly is a thing that totally happens.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Dr. X View Post
                                                                      Honeymoon over before it even began?

                                                                      Awe… do the poor spoiled children not like being lied to and strung along? Breaks my cold heart.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by smusooner View Post

                                                                        Like we've been saying, USC is off Crenshaw Blvd, their facilities are decades behind and they've shown very little energy or enthusiasm in their fan base for 15 years

                                                                        That and LA is a total $h!t$how.

                                                                        Caleb may very well end up at USC

                                                                        But it's no surprise he would have been underwhelmed.

                                                                        Hard to go from world-class facilities to dark-stained cabinets, popcorn ceilings and carpeted bathrooms. :)

                                                                        And yet I have said this, along with the other negatives of Hell-Ay, and I am dismissed because SC is so much better a destination than OU. Hell-Ay is truly a shithole. Hell FULR, couldn't even get a 2* press reception in the Flim Capital of the world, it looked like some piss poor wannabe Bollywood Porn.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          So no news yet??

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                                                            Ok. I have to ask. Who the hell is this Mr Soonerman guy? I’ve seen him at the games, walking around like he’s a celebrity. People take pictures with him. Why? Who is he? What’s the deal? He’s just a fanboy that shows up decked out in OU gear.

                                                                            He's a modern day Cecil Samara:

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Dr. X View Post
                                                                              Honeymoon over before it even began?

                                                                              Not yet. Have to wait until he’s in a late battle with the worst team in the PAC and the students find out he’s cis male making more off NIL than their paltry $10k/mo allowance.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by acheman8 View Post
                                                                                So no news yet??
                                                                                You know what they say...no news is no news.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by smusooner View Post

                                                                                  Like we've been saying, USC is off Crenshaw Blvd, their facilities are decades behind and they've shown very little energy or enthusiasm in their fan base for 15 years

                                                                                  That and LA is a total $h!t$how.

                                                                                  Caleb may very well end up at USC

                                                                                  But it's no surprise he would have been underwhelmed.

                                                                                  Hard to go from world-class facilities to dark-stained cabinets, popcorn ceilings and carpeted bathrooms. :)
                                                                                  The thing is, you hear how Staples is right down the street and LA Live etc, but you're also a couple miles away from Skid Row, and USC is right next to a highway if I remember. Just doesn't feel like a "college area", just feels like a street in a big city and you happen to bump into a college.

                                                                                  UCLA is nestled into its own little area, OU is in a college town .

                                                                                  Riley goes home to his $10 million a year home in whatever hills he's in, while YOU as a student have stay around that rough USC area.

                                                                                  Personally, I'd go to ucla and be right across from Bel-Air and NIL myself as the new Fresh Prince, lol
                                                                                  Last edited by Jasooner; 01-13-2022, 01:55 PM.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    I don't give a shit how good he is or how much potential there is. I don't know why OU would even remotely consider taking him back after this shit show. He'll do it again a year from now.

                                                                                    He's a huge fucking distraction. Catering to his every need would further create division for a staff that's trying to get everyone to operate as a well-oiled machine.
                                                                                    Last edited by Database Error; 01-13-2022, 04:02 PM.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Jasooner View Post

                                                                                      The thing is, you hear how Staples is right down the street and LA Live etc, but you're also a couple miles away from Skid Row, and USC is right next to a highway if I remember. Just doesn't feel like a "college area", just feels like a street in a big city and you happen to bump into a college.

                                                                                      UCLA is nestled into its own little area, OU is in a college town .

                                                                                      Riley goes home to his $10 a year home, while you as a student have stay around that rough USC area.

                                                                                      Personally, I'd go to ucla and be right across from Bel-Air and NIL myself as the new Fresh Prince, lol
                                                                                      A ten dollar a year home?

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Database Error View Post
                                                                                        I don't give a shit how good he is or how much potential there is. I don't know why OU would even remotely consider taking him back after this shit show. He'll do it again a year from now.

                                                                                        He's a huge distraction and catering to his every need would further create division for a staff that's trying to get everyone to operate as a well-oiled machine.
                                                                                        They only get 1 transfer. He couldn't do it again next year.

                                                                                        But he's not coming back. If he was i don't think mario Williams would have left. Doesn't texas have a pretty good baseball program? Mario will probably wind up there. I wish we had players who understood the magnitude of this rivalry. Like you can't play for OU and then go immediately to Texas. You just can't do that.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Why don’t we just release him? Can we? I truly dont know how the portal and NIL work. In my mind if he is in the portal than we should move on. Is it not that simple? What coach in their right mind would want him on their team?

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by acheman8 View Post
                                                                                            So no news yet??
                                                                                            Yeah, Caleb's social media pages are more confusing than a QAnon conspiracy, we need the blood of a live rooster to take the curse out of Riley's old office, we've got message board pants-pissers scaring off all our best 'croots, and nobody knows which Jaxon we're gonna be able to sign.

                                                                                            We're dealing with a lot of shit.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              USC fans cannot fathom why OU fans don’t miss LiaR. They will find out soon.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Jasooner View Post

                                                                                                They only get 1 transfer. He couldn't do it again next year.

                                                                                                But he's not coming back. If he was i don't think mario Williams would have left. Doesn't texas have a pretty good baseball program? Mario will probably wind up there. I wish we had players who understood the magnitude of this rivalry. Like you can't play for OU and then go immediately to Texas. You just can't do that.
                                                                                                If he comes back he didn’t transfer and would be able to next year. With that said, he gone.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Dr. X View Post

                                                                                                  Lol, yeah, no shit. Join the muthafuckin' club, my dude. You can find bleach blonde bitches and big titties anywhere.
                                                                                                  Best part about the bleach blondes with big titties in Oklahoma is that they don't also have dicks

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by BoomSoon2016 View Post

                                                                                                    Best part about the bleach blondes with big titties in Oklahoma is that they don't also have dicks

                                                                                                    Yeah, but they are also close to 2 bills in weight. Its a trade off.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Dr. X View Post
                                                                                                      we need the blood of a live rooster to take the curse out of Riley's old office,
                                                                                                      Sincerely, if Brent Venables were to approach and subsequently hire a Voodoo or Santeria priestess to cleanse the Switzer Center of all the BITCHMADE ENERGY, it would be hilarious as shit, premium content.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                      Collapse

                                                                                                      Go To Top

                                                                                                      Collapse

                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1