First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nirvana Norman View Post

Funny thing is OU moved on quickly and and are even trying to fortify the qb position without CW. OU is not going allow CW to make them a bargaining tool.
    Ole Man Williams is up against some heavy hitters. Between Harroz and Castiglione, you best bring your A Game negotiating skills from day 1.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they thought all of this amateur Hollywood “Negotiating” $h!t they’ve been pulling would actually work. Master negotiators crush it without so much as a word.

I bet he ends up at USC.

Unfortunatley for him, he’s leaving QBU, the most likely platform to win the Heisman and probably the most likely route to First Round payday.

Best of luck Caleb and Dad. Hope this isn’t Maurice II

Let’s hope Jaxson brings his talents to Norman and we can all move on by midweek.

Comment

Originally posted by bsdsooner View Post
      This is an actual question and I don’t know if it’s been answered (there are 28 pages after all). Doesn’t Caleb have to go to school? USC started classes on Jan 10 and OU starts this week (I think). Other colleges have similar schedules. If he is going to another school, doesn’t he have to enroll and, you know, go to class? Or is he sitting out the entire spring semester because he couldn’t get his shit together? Does that mean he can’t practice with his new team if he doesn’t go to school there? The timing of the school/football thing is interesting to me.
      even regular students can add classes up to a certain point. It used to be like a week or two after the classes start. but that was +20 years ago.

Comment

Even if something crazy happens and he ends up back at OU, I won't trust him. I'll cheer when he makes great plays but I'll know that at the end of each season, he'll be negotiating for a better deal from OU or some other school.

I know you always want the best players at every position, especially QB. But we've had unbelievably good QB play and still not won a national championship. Georgia just won a natty with a QB who is a gamer but nothing special. If our overall team improves - especially on defense - we'll be fine.

Comment

He's going to USC.

They're just going to make a spectacle of it, like a grand arrival. They're just likely tryin to iron out final details. Mario Williams wouldn't commit without Caleb.

Comment

LA is a great place to live...if you’re inside a gated community

Comment

Originally posted by Jasooner View Post
              He's going to USC.

They're just going to make a spectacle of it, like a grand arrival. They're just likely tryin to iron out final details. Mario Williams wouldn't commit without Caleb.
              Lincoln will hand Caleb his very own personalized kettle bell for some real posterior chain explosiveness.

Comment

I heard as part of the NIL Caleb will get to do this

Comment

Are we sure it’s because there’s so much other entertainment in LA, or are people just not coming to games to avoid being subjected to this?

Comment

I want some satire. I want Caleb to come back. Then I want a QB competition between him, Gabriel and Dart. Out of that competition I want Caleb to be third string. I want Gabriel or Dart to just barely win every game without a blowout to keep Caleb off of the field. I want the fans chanting Caleb's name at the end of every game. Then have him transfer at the end of next year out of frustration and have to sit a year wherever he goes. Prima Donnas-Drama Queens. Who needs them? Look no further than the NBA.
                    Last edited by UCO4Sooners; 01-18-2022, 08:47 AM. Reason: Name correction

Comment

Originally posted by gratefulRed View Post
                      starting to feel like EITHER WAY (Caleb or NO Caleb) OU is going to be just fine, which is a pretty great feeling considering how it felt around here a few days after LR tanked the OU / aggie game.
                      I felt that way as soon as they landed a solid transfer about 12 hours after he crawled into the portal

Comment

This is an actual question and I don’t know if it’s been answered (there are 28 pages after all). Doesn’t Caleb have to go to school? USC started classes on Jan 10 and OU starts this week (I think). Other colleges have similar schedules. If he is going to another school, doesn’t he have to enroll and, you know, go to class? Or is he sitting out the entire spring semester because he couldn’t get his shit together? Does that mean he can’t practice with his new team if he doesn’t go to school there? The timing of the school/football thing is interesting to me.
                        You can start late. Usually a week or 2 lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasooner View Post
                          He's going to USC.

Well I doubt his welcome could be better than LR's.

Comment

Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post
                            I want some satire. I want Caleb to come back. Then I want a QB competition between him, Jaxon and Dart. Out of that competition I want Caleb to be third string. I want Jaxon or Dart to just barely win every game without a blowout to keep Caleb off of the field. I want the fans chanting Caleb's name at the end of every game. Then have him transfer at the end of next year out of frustration and have to sit a year wherever he goes. Prima Donnas-Drama Queens. Who needs them? Look no further than the NBA.
                            CW (or his dad) put himself in a horrible position...lots of undue pressure. Mr Williams obviously loves his son, but he's putting pressure on his kid to be an adult when he's just not yet. IMO, he's what's wrong with many parents these days.

Comment

Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post
                              I want some satire. I want Caleb to come back. Then I want a QB competition between him, Jaxon and Dart. Out of that competition I want Caleb to be third string. I want Jaxon or Dart to just barely win every game without a blowout to keep Caleb off of the field. I want the fans chanting Caleb's name at the end of every game. Then have him transfer at the end of next year out of frustration and have to sit a year wherever he goes. Prima Donnas-Drama Queens. Who needs them? Look no further than the NBA.
                              Jaxson & Dart are the same person my guy. You meant Gabriel & Dart?

Comment

Originally posted by Section31 View Post

CW (or his dad) put himself in a horrible position...lots of undue pressure. Mr Williams obviously loves his son, but he's putting pressure on his kid to be an adult when he's just not yet. IMO, he's what's wrong with many parents these days.
                                Some sports parents parallel the behaviors of child star parents.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

You can start late. Usually a week or 2 lag.
                                  Lol at anybody who thinks SUC is going to let school get in the way of buying football players.

Comment

Originally posted by Morningwood View Post

Obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Morningwood View Post

Sorry, yes.Gabriel. Thanks for the catch. Or you can substitute Evers for Dart since he hasn't signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

Well I doubt his welcome could be better than LR's.

The internet is undefeated, that was probably the best clip of the tbow to sc debacle.

Comment

Carey Murdock says he thinks OU allows a two week grace period to get enrolled. The semester started today. Also, when Caleb was a freshman he took 5 college and 6 high school classes simultaneously, so apparently he is superman in the classroom as well as on the field.
                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post

I hope Brent is setting the precedent that OU is not RE-recruiting OU players every year. Granted some slack should be given thus year with all the coaching changes. But in the future if a player decides to test the waters of the portal Brent should sign his replacement immediately.
                                            You answered it yourself. OU will have to re-recruit players every year only if they swap coaches every year. The portal makes it easier (once) for players to leave, but the main reasons won't change. Playing time, friction with the position coach, home sick FR, etc. OU will in general be a better place to go than to leave.

Comment

A question for this uninformed ignoramus: If Caleb were to return to OU would that negate his having to sit out a year if he should enter the portal again in a future year? Or would entering the portal this year count as a first-time portal entrance regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by 5thWave View Post
                                                A question for this uninformed ignoramus: If Caleb were to return to OU would that negate his having to sit out a year if he should enter the portal again in a future year? Or would entering the portal this year count as a first-time portal entrance regardless.
                                                A player can go portaling every year if they want to, but they only get the penalty-free transfer as an undergrad once. Can transfer without penalty as a grad transfer too.

Comment

No penalty if you return to your previous school.

Edit: See ELC's post. Key word is "transfer".

Comment

I'd love it for Coach BV to text Caleb "in or out?" before the Rockstar's meeting and be done with this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazers pew pew pew View Post
                                                      I'd love it for Coach BV to text Caleb "in or out?" before the Rockstar's meeting and be done with this shit.
                                                      Or better yet, text him “ I no longer have a scholarship available for you. Good luck to you and your family.”

Comment

Entering the portal is not the same as transferring. You can enter the portal as many times as you want without penalty.

Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

Entering the portal is not the same as transferring. You can enter the portal as many times as you want without penalty.
                                                          As long as you wear a condom.

Comment

Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post

A player can go portaling every year if they want to, but they only get the penalty-free transfer as an undergrad once. Can transfer without penalty as a grad transfer too.
                                                            Right, so you can potentially enroll early, flash freshman year, enter portal and renegotiate, return to school, play sophomore year, portal again, get max $ from one of the NIL factories, play there junior year, and have a free exit after one season if you graduate in three years as everyone seems to miraculously do now.

Portal is fine on its own. NIL would be fine with like half a dozen simple, enforced rules. Together, complete anarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by AppySooner View Post

Right, so you can potentially enroll early, flash freshman year, enter portal and renegotiate, return to school, play sophomore year, portal again, get max $ from one of the NIL factories, play there junior year, and have a free exit after one season if you graduate in three years as everyone seems to miraculously do now.

Portal is fine on its own. NIL would be fine with like half a dozen simple, enforced rules. Together, complete anarchy.
                                                              Pretty much, yeah. Which is why BV is putting work in on reinforcing the "team" element rather than the "me" element.

They need to re-implement the one season of lost eligibility penalty for transfers. Maybe not make them sit out a year, but make them lose a year of eligibility. Or, better yet, you lose a year of eligibility unless you sit out a year. That would be kind of a mix of the old and new rules.

Comment

Some smoke on USC Twitter. With Mario Williams posting eyes. I bet we hear CW is going to USC soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigpoppa85 View Post
                                                                  Some smoke on USC Twitter. With Mario Williams posting eyes. I bet we hear CW is going to USC soon.
                                                                  Yeah, CW to USC will be announced any minute now. Has been done for a while

Comment

Originally posted by BoomSoon2016 View Post

Yeah, CW to USC will be announced any minute now. Has been done for a while

Comment

Has until Jan 28th to start attending classes at sc. Last day to register.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post

I don’t believe Williams is prolonging his decision out of respect to any school, OU included. He can take his time because he is a coveted player at a coveted position being recruited by coveted programs.

That doesn’t make him a diva, it makes him wise to the way of the college football world.

If name, image and likeness income is part of the equation, so be it. If Williams’ next offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach is a bigger part of the equation, and I still think it is, even better.

Williams knows all about USC’s Lincoln Riley in that respect. But why not sit down with UCLA’s Chip Kelly and see if Kelly thinks he can channel Marcus Mariota, a former Oregon pupil of Kelly’s, in Williams? Why not meet with Georgia’s Todd Monken given what Monken just did with Stetson Bennett and what Monken once did with Oklahoma State’s B. Weeden?

For that matter, why not make sure you have heard it all from Jeff Lebby, Riley’s play-calling successor at OU? Seems entirely reasonable given Lebby’s track record at both Ole Miss and UCF.

I still favor Riley/USC in the derby, but I’m not at all surprised Williams is running the whole race.

As for No. 1 pick speculation... Let’s slow that roll given what happened to Spencer Rattler last season.
                                                                        https://tulsaworld.com/sports/colleg...419596c8a.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post

I suspect other schools are earlier, so it doesn't leave much mystery. The OU date was yesterday, so does that mean OU is done with the portal for a while? But it could be these cutoff dates are a bit flexible if someone is really good at football.

Comment

It'd be funny if USC doesn't get bowl eligible next season and after 2023 Caleb opts out of the bowl to prepare for the NFL draft........LR would never have coached him in a bowl game.

Comment

Yep. It’s entering the final stages of this ordeal & think about it:

USC would have got LiaR, his staff & both Caleb & Mario.

Oklahoma would have got Brent, his staff & both Dart & Trigg.

I believe we won this trade. :) lol

Comment

Originally posted by RedOnTheHead View Post
                                                                                It'd be funny if USC doesn't get bowl eligible next season and after 2023 Caleb opts out of the bowl to prepare for the NFL draft........LR would never have coached him in a bowl game.
                                                                                He wouldn't be draft eligible after next year...2 more years.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasSucks View Post

reading is fun-d-mental

He covers the next two years...

Comment

Originally posted by TexasSucks View Post

Yep......that's why I said after the 2023 season he would opt out of the bowl game......guess I should've said for the 2024 Draft.

Comment

Guess I better start practicing my, "WHAT?!! HOLY SHIT!!"

This is only going to be a surprise to people who don't follow sports.

Comment

Well…maybe it was talking about Jerry Rice’s son transferring to USC instead. Meh, I’m over it

Comment

Remember that time Caleb Williams made a decision?

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post
                                                                                            Remember that time Caleb Williams made a decision?
                                                                                            Not against a zone.

Comment

Gets weirder and weirder by the day lol. He’s at the beach. USC confirmed

Comment

Doesn’t appear to be Lake Thunderbird…

Comment

So is he going to actually publicly acknowledge the obvious or is he just going to spend the next few months dropping these hints (like him walking into class at USC)?

Comment

with a few years of hard work, he could become as good as Dak Prescott.

Comment

He did also just tag Jalil and Cullen Montgomery, not sure if he’s still trying to pull them to USC or if he’s wanting to rejoin OU. Lol

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1