First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Section31 View Post

He says some pretty dumb things just to be indifferent.
    Yes, making up rumors, or regurgitating lies to throw a kid and his dad under the bus makes much more sense. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Rattler was a lock to win the Heisman and be the Number 1 pick. We all saw what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasSucks View Post

Of course it's about NIL..but he can't say that. When you dated, you acted like you cared what her interests/hopes/dreams were, you didn't tell her it was all about bumping uglies. He's playing the PR game like everyone else does.

As CWs dad, it should be about the NIL. 1 knee or shoulder injury and he could lose tens of millions in future compensation. Take a few million now, invest wisely, and the kid/family is set for life.

Carl is doing exactly what every parent, in CWs position, should be doing. If he had left Texas, this board would love it and see the wisdom in it. Too many in here wearing coke bottle crimson glasses and/or butthurt.

Yeah I am pretty sure you are not too bright, right along with Carl. If they were truly looking at getting to the league and/or getting paid, any top 15 program could do that, and the NIL will be negligible with any of those schools A couple million a year first Top 5 Pick money is fucking peanuts. Fucking genius. Tell me you didn't take a finance class, without telling me you didn't take a finance class.

Comment

Yes, making up rumors, or regurgitating lies to throw a kid and his dad under the bus makes much more sense. Keep up the good work.
          As opposed to advocating for a parent to ride his kid like a rented mule. Maybe you'll have a recruited kid one day...trashy societal norms.

Comment

Originally posted by auto View Post

Yeah I am pretty sure you are not too bright, right along with Carl. If they were truly looking at getting to the league and/or getting paid, any top 15 program could do that, and the NIL will be negligible with any of those schools A couple million a year first Top 5 Pick money is fucking peanuts. Fucking genius. Tell me you didn't take a finance class, without telling me you didn't take a finance class.
            The difference between being the 1st pick in the draft and the 10th pick is $15 million over 4 years. So, a kid shopping around for money now, and more money later is a smart financial decision. He could go play for a HC, who he came to OU to play for and who has had 2 QBs drafted as the 1st pick in the NFL draft...or he can go to a "top 15" program who's OC has no track record of putting QBs in the 1st round. Even you, being the financial genius you obviously are, can see the flaw in that argument.

Comment

So, still the same bullshit huh?

Comment

The difference between being the 1st pick in the draft and the 10th pick is $15 million over 4 years. So, a kid shopping around for money now, and more money later is a smart financial decision. He could go play for a HC, who he came to OU to play for and who has had 2 QBs drafted as the 1st pick in the NFL draft...or he can go to a "top 15" program who's OC has no track record of putting QBs in the 1st round. Even you, being the financial genius you obviously are, can see the flaw in that argument.
                Unless he Manziel's it with his NIL money, slacks off on developing his game for the league and it affects his draft position. "Practice? Practice? Weight liftin? CLASS?? Fuck that I'm rich biatch!" I can see that happening. Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Section31 View Post

As opposed to advocating for a parent to ride his kid like a rented mule. Maybe you'll have a recruited kid one day...trashy societal norms.
                  What societal norm tells any kid to walk away from a potentially more appealing coaching opportunity and millions of dollars, or to their dad for helping through the process.

If you, or others crying about his character, were even slightly right, why haven't BV or Lebby moved on from him? Because they know the CFB landscape has changed and he's making the best decision for CW.

Maybe it's not CW, Carl, BV, Lebby, or all the other programs that covet CW. Maybe it's your antiquated beliefs?

Nah...being a hypocrite that rags on players and coaches that leave OU but celebrating the coaches who leave other programs/recruits high and dry or portal to OU (do they have character issues?) is much cooler, amirite?

Comment

Originally posted by vmg View Post
                    "The family is weighing their options and Carl Williams, his dad, told me last night, ‘NFL, not NIL’ is the guiding light of what the family is doing. They want to go to the place that best prepares him for the NFL and best prepares him to be the No. 1 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.”

‘NFL training’…number one pick, eh?

Well then, go somewhere to get the crap beat outta ya cuz the O line sucks.
                    That’s old news and has been discussed ad nauseam.

If he hasn’t found the right Coach by now, he must be mentally challenged.

Comment

lol.. you are a genius, I mean look at the development at Rattler and CW, what progress. Long term money is much more than that first contract, it is endorsements, and the second contract. Sure, why wouldn't want to play for FULR. Keep advising CW's "agent". You probably think there is a major lifestyle difference in the money FULR is making at SUC compared to SC. I am pretty sure you are SoCali's long lost brother or sock.

Comment

Originally posted by auto View Post

lol.. you are a genius, I mean look at the development at Rattler and CW, what progress. Long term money is much more than that first contract, it is endorsements, and the second contract. Sure, why wouldn't want to play for FULR. Keep advising CW's "agent". You probably think there is a major lifestyle difference in the money FULR is making at SUC compared to SC. I am pretty sure you are SoCali's long lost brother or sock.
                        Ever try staying on topic? You're like arguing with Section31...when your original argument gets blown up, run to a different tangent to make yourself feel smarter.

Always smart to base an opinion on one year and not the entire body of work. Not to mention, CW played incredibly well for a true freshman, hence all the attention.

So, forget the 1st round/top 15 program rant...now we should be focused on a 2nd NFL contract (which a very small % of NFL players actually sign)? Now you want to argue Cali taxes vs Okie taxes? I'll pass.

Since you're a financial genius and all, I'm sure you've heard of the time value of money...or at least a bird in the hand? Take the $3-5 million NIL deal now, nothing else is guaranteed. Any father that advises his child differently is failing their kid.

Comment

….CW played incredibly well for a true freshman, hence all the attention.
                          their kid.
                          CW played incredibly well for a true freshman in barely more than half a football game.

Comment

To me it is becoming very evident that they aren't finding what they are looking for. I can't believe anybody could be "torn" for this long.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post
                              To me it is becoming very evident that they aren't finding what they are looking for. I can't believe anybody could be "torn" for this long.
                              he's not torn.....
                              Mario would not have committed to usc without knowing cw's intentions...

Comment

Originally posted by Highfligher View Post

CW played incredibly well for a true freshman in barely more than half a football game.
                                You can't expect true frosh to light it up.every game...there's going to be struggles. Everybody loves Jaxson Dart, because he might want to play at OU. Compare his frosh stats to CWs on a per game basis. CWs numbers dwarf Darts.

Comment

Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

he's not torn.....
                                  Has Mario enrolled at USC or just verbally committed?

Comment

Then they're looking for too much.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm ready for Coach Venables to tell Carl Williams to "just leave", as Richard Pryor once said, and get Dart signed and in school.

Comment

Of course it's about NIL..but he can't say that. When you dated, you acted like you cared what her interests/hopes/dreams were, you didn't tell her it was all about bumping uglies. He's playing the PR game like everyone else does.

As CWs dad, it should be about the NIL. 1 knee or shoulder injury and he could lose tens of millions in future compensation. Take a few million now, invest wisely, and the kid/family is set for life.

Carl is doing exactly what every parent, in CWs position, should be doing. If he had left Texas, this board would love it and see the wisdom in it. Too many in here wearing coke bottle crimson glasses and/or butthurt.
                                      Bamagrad sock much?

Comment

Originally posted by CalSOONER View Post

Bamagrad sock much?
                                        Dude, insulting TSucks is one thing and fully justified, but comparing him to Bamagrad...that's low.

Comment

You can't expect true frosh to light it up.every game...there's going to be struggles. Everybody loves Jaxson Dart, because he might want to play at OU. Compare his frosh stats to CWs on a per game basis. CWs numbers dwarf Darts.
                                          I agree that no one is going to light it up every game. Still doesn’t change the fact that he started for over half the season and basically played ‘incredibly well’ for just over a half of a game. I mean, Trevor Knight lit up ‘Bama for a full game one night. That’s certainly better than just over half a game against a team that didn’t bowl, right? If we’re supposed to bow to the accomplishments of CW, TK must deserve a statue right?

Comment

Perhaps the Williams' are all on board with Riley except they don't feel like they can trust him to stick around. I wouldn't trust that in their situation unless I've literally been shown his contract with USC that shows some obscene buyout that no reasonable program would ever entertain. No NFL team is going to pay 20 million dollars for the privilege of hiring him etc.

That or maybe their plan all along was to get 5 or 6 other current Sooners to bail with him too and that's not working out for them.

Comment

So, has this motherfucker made up his mind yet? iT'S TIME.

Comment

I agree that no one is going to light it up every game. Still doesn’t change the fact that he started for over half the season and basically played ‘incredibly well’ for just over a half of a game. I mean, Trevor Knight lit up ‘Bama for a full game one night. That’s certainly better than just over half a game against a team that didn’t bowl, right? If we’re supposed to bow to the accomplishments of CW, TK must deserve a statue right?
                                                Trevor Knight wasn't a true frosh when he beat Bama. Not seeing the point.

Half a good game?...don't let stats get in the way of your argument. 400+ yards and 6 TDs against Tech, 200+ yards and 3 TDs in the 1st half against OSU? 361 yards and 5 TDs against TCU. 276 yards and 3 TDs against Oregon. That's bad football?

CW: 292 total yards and 3.6 total TDs per game (over 7 1/2 games)
                                                Matt Corral (Junior in Lebby's offense) : 340 total yards and 2.25 total TDs per game.
                                                Jaxon Dart: 233 total yards and 1.83 total TDs per game (6 games)

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                                                  So, has this motherfucker made up his mind yet? iT'S TIME.
                                                  I think we’re waiting for the ESPN broadcast of “THE DECISION” so we can all know the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

I think we’re waiting for the ESPN broadcast of “THE DECISION” so we can all know the answer.
                                                    Halftime of the Super Bowl with Snoop Dogg

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post

Halftime of the Super Bowl with Snoop Dogg
                                                      Then I won't be seeing it. If the Pack is playing I'll be watching the game, but halftime? NFW.

Comment

Comment

Trevor Knight wasn't a true frosh when he beat Bama. Not seeing the point.

Half a good game?...don't let stats get in the way of your argument. 400+ yards and 6 TDs against Tech, 200+ yards and 3 TDs in the 1st half against OSU? 361 yards and 5 TDs against TCU. 276 yards and 3 TDs against Oregon. That's bad football?

CW: 292 total yards and 3.6 total TDs per game (over 7 1/2 games)
                                                          Matt Corral (Junior in Lebby's offense) : 340 total yards and 2.25 total TDs per game.
                                                          Jaxon Dart: 233 total yards and 1.83 total TDs per game (6 games)
                                                          You do know that CW had a better supporting cast that Corral and Dart, right?

Comment

Correct last i checked Ou was picked pre season to play in the NC game i dont think usc or ole miss were even predicted to make the top 20

Comment

Dart yes, Corral - probably similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post

Dart yes, Corral - probably similar.
                                                                Man, I don’t agree at all. See post above yours for why.

Comment

Man, I don’t agree at all. See post above yours for why.
                                                                  Pre-season? Phhht. Go check the pre-season top 25 and the final rankings. Not just last season, but any year.

Comment

Originally posted by novasooner View Post

Hell, even in August the water is freezing.
                                                                    Right. It's cold all year. Florida beaches are much nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by Morningwood View Post

I mean, the dude will be the #1 draft pick even if he played for SW Missouri State.
                                                                      Bobby Petrino likes this post.

I disagree that Williams will be on the Heisman shortlist no matter where he signs. If he’s running for his life having to chuck balls out of bounds multiple times per possession to avoid sacks, he’s not going to NY, much less winning it. Didn’t even need to enter portal for him to see that is what’s in store for him at USC.
                                                                      Do you really believe he's going to go somewhere that doesn't have a decent offensive line?

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post

And if that happened the available selection of whiney, sour grapes posts to necro-bump would be a vast fertile field. I'm not sure I could resist.
                                                                      That is the main reason I want him to come back - to watch people on this board and elsewhere eat their crow. Will be fun.

Originally posted by vmg View Post
                                                                      BYU was 7-6 x2 w Zach Wilson til the11-1 breakout year in 2020. Am sure there are others…

Point I make is that one stands a better chance of individual success when one is a member of a successful team/program. Seems that a choice to attend USC (or others) at this point is ‘betting on the come.’ It’s one thing to walk away when one is riding the pine, but to walk away from a starting position in a prominent program of long-standing success — with excellent prospects for more of the same — does not pass the giggle test. Where ya gonna go with better prospects? Alabama? Georgia? tOSU? Nope. Maybe TAMU or LSU. Notre Dame? Nope. And now ya got a few days to decide.
                                                                      Its possible that he could end up at a decent G5 program. Someplace that runs a pro-style offense. He could be the dominant player in a conference like the AAC, MAC, Conf USA, Sun Belt or Mountain West, while at the same time, getting the pro-style experience and coaching that he says he is looking for. He could be the next Josh Allen.

Originally posted by BoomerAnon View Post

To be fair Spencer is also doing the same, he was asked about it in one of his first interviews when he committed to South Carolina He claimed he was helping recruit former guys to SC via the portal

I had planned on following his career under Beamer but once i heard him say that i could careless if he ever finishes another college game.
                                                                      If he holds a grudge it should be with Riley not the University
                                                                      Are you saying you are upset with Spencer because he said he would try to recruit OU players who enter the portal?

For example, suppose, after Mario Williams entered the portal, Rattler convinced him to transfer to South Carolina. That would make you mad at Spencer?

If a player enters the portal, I don't have a problem with one of his former teammates trying to recruit him.

Also, keep in mind, OU players revere Shane Beamer. I've heard some of them say it. You can't blame a guy who enters the portal for going to play for a coach he is comfortable with.
                                                                      Live Free or Die!

Comment

What if he decides to sit out this semester and transfer into somewhere in time for fall practice?

I know that will set back his development, but if he chooses wisely, he could end up at a place where he will be the immediate starter anyway.
                                                                        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                                                          What if he decides to sit out this semester and transfer into somewhere in time for fall practice?

I know that will set back his development, but if he chooses wisely, he could end up at a place where he will be the immediate starter anyway.
                                                                          Dude. He will be the immediate starter if he lands with the Dallas fucking Cowboys. His only reason for slow playing this deal has to be money. At least I read his dad is focusing on NFL instead of NIL. Smart move, even though it sounds like his dad is Chinook parent.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

Dude. He will be the immediate starter if he lands with the Dallas fucking Cowboys. His only reason for slow playing this deal has to be money. At least I read his dad is focusing on NFL instead of NIL. Smart move, even though it sounds like his dad is Chinook parent.
                                                                            You're saying he's better than Dak already?

He might be. Dak stunk it up the 2nd half of this season.
                                                                            Live Free or Die!

Comment

You're saying he's better than Dak already?

He might be. Dak stunk it up the 2nd half of this season.
                                                                              Mr. Literal. Heh. No, I'm saying wherever he goes he will be the starter. Immediately. He could go to South Carolina and he'd start over Rattler again.

Comment

Bobby Petrino likes this post.

Do you really believe he's going to go somewhere that doesn't have a decent offensive line?

That is the main reason I want him to come back - to watch people on this board and elsewhere eat their crow. Will be fun.

Its possible that he could end up at a decent G5 program. Someplace that runs a pro-style offense. He could be the dominant player in a conference like the AAC, MAC, Conf USA, Sun Belt or Mountain West, while at the same time, getting the pro-style experience and coaching that he says he is looking for. He could be the next Josh Allen.

Are you saying you are upset with Spencer because he said he would try to recruit OU players who enter the portal?

For example, suppose, after Mario Williams entered the portal, Rattler convinced him to transfer to South Carolina. That would make you mad at Spencer?

If a player enters the portal, I don't have a problem with one of his former teammates trying to recruit him.

Also, keep in mind, OU players revere Shane Beamer. I've heard some of them say it. You can't blame a guy who enters the portal for going to play for a coach he is comfortable with.
                                                                                No the portal works both ways i think if a player enters the portal a coach has the right to replace him with an equal talent
                                                                                What i do have a problem with is when a former player has a beef with a coach and tries to recruit players that arent in the portal and then publicly admits what they're doing and laughs about it.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post
                                                                                  One is tempted to link up "Get *** **** Out of My House" by 2 Live Crew.

Nah... Everyone's already heard it back in 1988 or whenever.

Comment

That thought crossed my mind as well. If he does that, he is getting some really bad advice (IMO). Even that remark by his dad about waiting until March because there are teams on the quarter system seemed silly because that eliminates so many choices and thus leverage (assuming that's the goal). If optimizing draft position in 2 years really is the goal, then selecting that team/OC/QB coach ASAP and getting after it with Spring ball is the direct path.

Comment

Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

he's not torn.....
                                                                                      I was being sarcastic when I used the word "torn". Probably a more appropriate word would have been "undecided".

As far as USC goes... why hasn't he just signed on? It's not doing them any good having him do this.

It's evident to me that USC isn't meeting the Williams' expectations in regards to NIL. And it doesn't look like anyone else is either.
                                                                                      Last edited by Ruprecht; 01-20-2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I was being sarcastic when I used the word "torn". Probably a more appropriate word would have been "undecided".

As far as USC goes... why hasn't he just signed on? It's not doing them any good having him do this.

It's evident to me that USC isn't meeting to the Williams' expectations in regards to NIL. And it doesn't look like anyone else is either.
                                                                                        Would laugh my ass off for so many reasons.

Comment

Have we offered Carl any weed dispensaries or casinos yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BoomerAnon View Post

No the portal works both ways i think if a player enters the portal a coach has the right to replace him with an equal talent
                                                                                            What i do have a problem with is when a former player has a beef with a coach and tries to recruit players that arent in the portal and then publicly admits what they're doing and laughs about it.
                                                                                            Let’s not kid ourselves, anyone not named Bryce Young and Stroud are downgrade from Caleb. We won’t be able to find an “equal” talent. And that’s just on the field. Kid is (was) also a great recruiter.

Comment

Let’s be honest here. It is 100% about the NIL & then the NFL. Let’s not forget that back when he was being recruited, daddy said his son was worth around $150 million. Now, we have seen/heard what Texas, Alabama, etc are giving their quarterbacks & now the Williams family want their cut.

Bad thing is, it is becoming increasingly apparent that they overvalued what his true market value is,(otherwise he would have already signed with LiaR at USC). The family also loves attention & drama and are dragging this out until they get the amount they want.

If I were Coach Brent & Oklahoma, my offer would be this:

#1: He can come back if he wants to, however he no longer has a scholarship here. It is going to someone who does,(Dart), but when/if he returns & he proves himself then he will get it back.

#2: We are doing this, because we can not wait for you to make your decision,(practices & school has started) & we can not be left short at that critical position,(life lesson with actions & consequences).

One knows it’s getting bad when even USC fans are getting sick of it:

https://twitter.com/Lucyint98754062/...81270397751298

Comment

Originally posted by Free Electron View Post

Let’s not kid ourselves, anyone not named Bryce Young and Stroud are downgrade from Caleb. We won’t be able to find an “equal” talent. And that’s just on the field. Kid is (was) also a great recruiter.
                                                                                                Stetson Bennett says "hello"? QB is extremely important, but it's not what you seem to think it is. I just want to win. I'd prefer winning while watching guys with parents like Carl Williams' going 4-8 while winning with a "Stetson Bennett".

Comment

We don't need an equal talent. We need a gamer. Hell, Baker wasn't even as talented as Caleb, but he was a better QB by every metric.

Comment

I wouldn’t say that. CW struggled several times. He made some amazing plays in the texas game and made some great plays here and there. However, he did struggle against Kansas, baylor, Iowa state, osu. He’s talented but still has a lot to learn about being a great QB.

OU doesn’t need a generational talent at QB every year. We need a complete football team. We’ve been 1/3 of a team under Riley. BV will change that.

Comment

.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1