First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

you're not clever on this board ...or the politics board...
    so GoSuckAss
    This is an excellent description of yourself......the sucking ass is up to you....if you are into that.....

Comment

Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

you're not clever on this board ...or the politics board...
      so GoSuckAss
      Yep, you’re a mature adult. Also, Jesus would not look kindly upon you for your harsh words.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerguru View Post

Wasn't Rhett Bomar's dad a tool, also? You know what I love about Baker? I have no idea who his daddy is, lol.
        Baker was the Daddy.
        Seem to recall long TD drives with Baker doing his Houdini escape artistry from rushing defenders before throwing darts downfield. After moving the Sooners 90 yards for a TD with maybe 7 straight completions, we fans chanted, "he's your daddy, he's your daddy."
        Those were the days.

Comment

This thread should really be dead to be honest. I mean unless just for him announcing.

I hope none of you are legitimately thinking there's a possibility he's coming back to OU

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Jasooner View Post
            This thread should really be dead to be honest. I mean unless just for him announcing.

I hope none of you are legitimately thinking there's a possibility he's coming back to OU

​​​​
            I will keep checking this thread until we learn where he ends up. I know it’s not OU, and I don’t want him at OU. I’m just amazed in the debacle it’s become and the theatrics we’ve witnessed. I guess I’m after some closure of sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner79 View Post

I will keep checking this thread until we learn where he ends up. I know it’s not OU, and I don’t want him at OU. I’m just amazed in the debacle it’s become and the theatrics we’ve witnessed. I guess I’m after some closure of sorts.
              Same here. Its like slowing down to see a wreck on the side of the highway.

Comment

This thread will last the next two seasons. I know I don't speak for everyone but we'll probably be watching more USC games than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post
                  This thread will last the next two seasons. I know I don't speak for everyone but we'll probably be watching more USC games than usual.
                  I won’t be watching a single USC game unless we meet in the post season….probably not even a highlight. Zero shuts to give about USC.

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

Zero shuts to give about USC.
                    How many opens do you give?

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

How many opens do you give?

Fuck autocorrect. Shit is a real fucking word….technology has too many flaws.

Comment

I keep waiting to see what type of high production welcoming video USC puts out and will it be as funny as Riley's.

Comment

I don’t really get the "hate" being thrown by some at CW. Yes his dad said a few annoying things, and yes he has taken a long time to decide where he is going to play.

BUT—the kid obviously came here to play for Lincoln. He gave his all to the team this year, right up to and including the bowl game (and didn’t make a spectacle out of it in the meantime). He hasn’t made a bunch of noise on Twitter or Instagram. Just handling whatever business (literally, I suspect) he and his parents decided to handle. That is the system we have now, sadly.

It’s disappointing that he is leaving, and the long delays in making a decision are frustrating to the fans, but so far he seems to be handling himself quietly with class. It will be hard to see him at USC, but he is a kid—it’s his life to live.

Lincoln is another story. Want leave for another program?…fine. But then raiding the school that gave you the very platform you are building on top of is completely classless (but sadly not atypical these days). I thought Lincoln represented OU well while he was here, but you could tell something was different this last year.

I won’t generally root against CW, but I will root against Lincoln. ; - )

Comment

Scuttlebutt on twitter says that Wisconsin is seriously in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSoonerFan View Post
                              I don’t really get the "hate" being thrown by some at CW. Yes his dad said a few annoying things, and yes he has taken a long time to decide where he is going to play.

BUT—the kid obviously came here to play for Lincoln. He gave his all to the team this year, right up to and including the bowl game (and didn’t make a spectacle out of it in the meantime). He hasn’t made a bunch of noise on Twitter or Instagram. Just handling whatever business (literally, I suspect) he and his parents decided to handle. That is the system we have now, sadly.

It’s disappointing that he is leaving, and the long delays in making a decision are frustrating to the fans, but so far he seems to be handling himself quietly with class. It will be hard to see him at USC, but he is a kid—it’s his life to live.

Lincoln is another story. Want leave for another program?…fine. But then raiding the school that gave you the very platform you are building on top of is completely classless (but sadly not atypical these days). I thought Lincoln represented OU well while he was here, but you could tell something was different this last year.

I hate Caleb the same amount I hate every player not playing for OU. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by novasooner View Post
                                I can see why, there is a long list of Wisconsin QB's in the NFL:
                                1. Russell Wilson......kinda
                                2. Help me out here folks

Comment

Originally posted by NYSoonerFan View Post

My issue... cw and crew know the timetables OU players have for class/semester registration. When you push that envelope, even if you are leaving, it's bordering on bad faith IMO. You are putting that school in a bind regarding replacements, portal, recruiting, whatever the case to replace you because you didn't get off the pot in time.

All along, my approach to this would have been, here is a drop dead date. If you are staying get in here by said date. If not, you are welcome to return at a subsequent date as a preferred walk on.

CW had a TON of goodwill with the fanbase, etc. that basically got torched with the "negotiations" timetable. OU had a backup plan which is always smart. Move on and don't look back. It's clear his main motivation is NIL which is not the culture BV wants in the locker room and I for one 100% agree. If you ball out, the likelyhood of a nice NIL follow. Does CW garner such a deal, yeah. The valuation is the problem. When you value yourself in excess of what other deem you worthy, you get to find new surroundings in this game.

Agree on Stincoln Piley...

Comment

Awful cold in Wisconsin…..

Comment

Originally posted by RedOnTheHead View Post

Jim Sorgi had a long... uhhh... productive career?
                                      Didn't Brooks Bollinger play for Wiscy?

Comment

why, so he can turn and hand the ball off 40 times a game?

Comment

Originally posted by UtahSooner83 View Post
                                          brutally, terrible cold.

Comment

I don't buy it but it'd be really funny.

Comment

I"d love to see TBOW not have ANY QBs to work with

Comment

The bottom line is that Carl (and thus Caleb) has simply carried this on too long. He’s stupid if he hasn’t realized that. It’s like he’s holding out for something (like an NFL player would do). Caleb’s reputation and his ability to fit in to a new program, and even the NFL, is being damaged by how his dad is handling this. He now has the label of a prima donna and that’s hard to live down in the football world. It’s like putting a big target on his back. IMHO, the damage has been done. The longer this takes, the worse it will be for CW the rest of his career.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BillyEmbody/status/

Comment

I guess he likes those 11 am kickoffs. That would be a terrible move.

Comment

If he is going to Whiskey he probably isn't getting near the money he thought he was getting.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                                        Evidently the Cheezits have aged to perfection

Comment

Has this guy not moved on already?

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                                            They misspelled “USC.”

Comment

Originally posted by WISooner View Post
                                                              I"d love to see TBOW not have ANY QBs to work with
                                                              I'd expect Dart to strut back to USC if CW goes to the frozen tundra

Comment

you never know how next season may play out but what if we are in the mix for a playoff spot and Wisconsin pulls an upset over Ohio State or Michigan or someone that actually helps us something positive might come out of it.

Comment

hahaha I'll literally cheer the kid on in Wisconsin!

Comment

The bottom line is that Carl (and thus Caleb) has simply carried this on too long. He’s stupid if he hasn’t realized that. It’s like he’s holding out for something (like an NFL player would do). Caleb’s reputation and his ability to fit in to a new program, and even the NFL, is being damaged by how his dad is handling this. He now has the label of a prima donna and that’s hard to live down in the football world. It’s like putting a big target on his back. IMHO, the damage has been done. The longer this takes, the worse it will be for CW the rest of his career.
                                                                    Yeah, I've come to believe that Carl over-leveraged Caleb into a bad position. I'm a bit sad for him because it's clear as day that staying at OU was his best option.

Comment

Just fkg lol... please do to whisky... please

Comment

Originally posted by UtahSooner83 View Post
                                                                        My sister, in Madison, told me today, -5 and 7 inches of fresh snow, on top of foot or snow already on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post

My sister, in Madison, told me today, -5 and 7 inches of fresh snow, on top of foot or snow already on the ground.
                                                                          That range rover will come in handy, when it's not in the repair shop.

Comment

Looks like this thread will eventually grow longer than the Realignment thread. Wonder what CW and his family are looking for if you you are talking to Wisky after all the NFL preparation talk. What the F can Wisky offer if that is your sole consideration?

Though I can't wait for CW and his dad to leave, I tip my hat to him for not visiting/negotiating with Texas. Speaking of Texas, those idiots should have made a legit offer to CW instead of throwing first round money at that Ewers kid.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post
                                                                              I don't buy it but it'd be really funny.

This means that one of the top 2 NIL contenders dropped out…..he needed leverage, called Wisconsin, stirred up some tweets.

Decent negotiating maneuver.

Comment

Originally posted by RedOnTheHead View Post

It was suggested way back when this all started that Wisc. would be perfect for CW...because their history has been that they are good in all phases but except for Wilson they have never had a great QB.He would be showcased in a great conference. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Comment

Wisky just may be the one of the few places that hasn't told Carl and Caleb to take that poison some place else. You take Caleb...you get Carl, he's like a tick on Calebs ass. I'm guessing most smart coaches don't want that poison in their locker room, that kind of shit can spread fast, and who wants a locker room full of "me first" mthrfkrs?

Comment

Originally posted by CarolinaSooner View Post
                                                                                    Looks like this thread will eventually grow longer than the Realignment thread. Wonder what CW and his family are looking for if you you are talking to Wisky after all the NFL preparation talk. What the F can Wisky offer if that is your sole consideration?

Though I can't wait for CW and his dad to leave, I tip my hat to him for not visiting/negotiating with Texas. Speaking of Texas, those idiots should have made a legit offer to CW instead of throwing first round money at that Ewers kid.
                                                                                    Looks like Wisconsin is going to hire to be their OC Bobby Engram from the Ravens, who is a family friend of the Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleestakk View Post

I'd expect Dart to strut back to USC if CW goes to the frozen tundra
                                                                                      Depends on how much damage control Riley does. He’s obviously down to kiss some young boys butts. But he burned the Dart bridge when word got out about CW’s proposed NIL package. Maybe he could build the bridge back? But that’s always tougher….

Comment

This kid is turning into Mitch Mustain.

Comment

Yeah. Nobody’s going to really root for the kid except the program he chooses and maybe OSU if they think they can rub it in (not Texas for obvious reasons). Which is a shame because he was objectively a good teammate and hard-working program guy at OU, right up until someone got in his ear.

Comment

If the CW delay is just a function of waiting on their guy landing on OC job at Wisconsin, then it makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerBread View Post

Looks like Wisconsin is going to hire to be their OC Bobby Engram from the Ravens, who is a family friend of the Williams.
                                                                                              I thought CW wanted help getting from college to the NFL, not on how to go from the NFL back to college.

Comment

Wait, I thought Carl was seen headed WEST on I-40. I'll bet UTEP is the real destination.

Comment

I’m sure we will never know everything that has transpired since the Alamo Bowl and it would be an interesting documentary but I want to restate: I will never understand why he left. Other places are good too but he had everything he needed in Norman, OK.

Comment

This is funny. I'm imagining the WIlliamses in a holding pattern, driving in circles in the Oklahoma panhandle on that 6 inches of FULR highway, SW Kansas, SE Colorado, maybe into NE New Mexico to change it up a bit.

Comment

Yeah, I've come to believe that Carl over-leveraged Caleb into a bad position. I'm a bit sad for him because it's clear as day that staying at OU was his best option.
                                                                                                      Isn't his dad a realtor in DC anyways? I don't get this whole thing. It's like he's trying to live vicariously through Caleb but... if you're a realtor in DC, you've got to be killing it? Right? I mean, property values are nuts right now.

Not DC but we bought our house at $205K and it's now evaluated at $385K. Can't imagine what DMV real estate is going for now.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1