X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velo Sooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Ern View Post

I don't know. What Riley did was obvious. PW is just being honest and loyal to this university. Atleast that is how I would spin it.
    No need to spin it. Riley helped recruit Winfrey and gave him a chance to play a great school like OU. I doubt he had a lot of interactions with LR once there. His beef seems to be with Grinch's scheme and how he was utilized. I see no conflict in his statements.

Leave a comment:

• blackfrancois
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DFWSooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

Winfrey DID get double teamed a lot this year. And IT did benefit from it. But a lot of the time he (Winfrey) was stunting himself out of the play.

Winfrey said that Bonitto spent way to much time "mugging" which apparently is the same thing as spying...but different, and that Bonitto didn't get to come of the edge like he should have.

Another funny thing that Winfrey said is that he felt like the defense played "tight". That's ironic because Speed D was suppose to give assignments specific enough that the players were supposed to be able to go balls to the wall every play and not have to "think".
    That drives me absolutely crazy about Bonitto. I mentioned the other day that PFF loved Bonitto so much that they rank him as on of the best edge, pass rushers in years, although we didn't always see the production. It wouldn't surprise me if he's more productive as a pro than he was here.

Leave a comment:

• Big Ern
    replied
    Originally posted by Boomer Sooner View Post

He really needs to be PC at this point to boost his draft grade as much as possible. Looks terrible on him if he talks down his old coaches.
    I don't know. What Riley did was obvious. PW is just being honest and loyal to this university. Atleast that is how I would spin it.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprecht
    replied
    Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post

Wow, he came and said it. Good. That's crazy that we had players trying to convince Grinch to stop it and he wouldn't listen. WTF? Now it's obvious that Winfrey was good enough to have drawn a double team on most snaps if he'd been allowed to play straight up, which really would have helped free up Thomas, Bonnito, etc. Unbelievable.
    Winfrey DID get double teamed a lot this year. And IT did benefit from it. But a lot of the time he (Winfrey) was stunting himself out of the play.

Winfrey said that Bonitto spent way to much time "mugging" which apparently is the same thing as spying...but different, and that Bonitto didn't get to come of the edge like he should have.

Another funny thing that Winfrey said is that he felt like the defense played "tight". That's ironic because Speed D was suppose to give assignments specific enough that the players were supposed to be able to go balls to the wall every play and not have to "think".

Leave a comment:

• DFWSooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Mobman View Post

He talked about Grinch's scheme of stunting and slanting took away their ability to just be a dog and go after the QB. He said the D Line couldnt convince Grinch that they didnt need to do it. He said he and IT tried it at the Senior Bowl one time and the DLine coach told him never to do that again because that is a gimmick Defense. This was said on Gabe and Teddy's podcast.
    Wow, he came and said it. Good. That's crazy that we had players trying to convince Grinch to stop it and he wouldn't listen. WTF? Now it's obvious that Winfrey was good enough to have drawn a double team on most snaps if he'd been allowed to play straight up, which really would have helped free up Thomas, Bonnito, etc. Unbelievable.

Leave a comment:

• soonerBAS
    replied
    if you are going job hunting you really don't need your former employer running you down to people that might be interested in hiring you. my guess is this isn't so much about how the pro's might look at him for having made comments in the past, but more about staying on the good side of Grinch and Muleshoe to keep them from trashing him to any NFL team that came around asking question.

Leave a comment:

• Boomer Sooner
    replied

He talked about Grinch's scheme of stunting and slanting took away their ability to just be a dog and go after the QB. He said the D Line couldnt convince Grinch that they didnt need to do it. He said he and IT tried it at the Senior Bowl one time and the DLine coach told him never to do that again because that is a gimmick Defense. This was said on Gabe and Teddy's podcast.
    I think we all agree this is purely a gimmick. I don't see a problem doing it maybe once or maybe twice in a game if it worked, but Grinch's basis for this is flawed. It CAN create confusion for blocking assignments, but the OL will scheme and adapt their blocking assignments for this with a week to prepare. This never really worked consistently if at all, and there's a reason you don't see it in big boy football land. If it's not surprising them, then it's pointless.

Leave a comment:

• Boomer Sooner
    replied
    Originally posted by MuleshoeSooner View Post

So his praise of Riley was just Winfrey being politically correct. Although he could have just skipped over the loving comments about Riley. .
    He really needs to be PC at this point to boost his draft grade as much as possible. Looks terrible on him if he talks down his old coaches.

Leave a comment:

• EatLeadCommie
    replied
    I should add that the Winfrey interview with Gabe and Teddy is absolute gold. They had to give a few warnings on it beforehand because he drops some f-bombs that have the guys rolling.

Leave a comment:

• EatLeadCommie
    replied

He also said the constant substituting made it difficult to ever get warmed up or in a groove.

Leave a comment:

• MuleshoeSooner
    replied

So his praise of Riley was just Winfrey being politically correct. Although he could have just skipped over the loving comments about Riley. .

Leave a comment:

• Colonel O’Truth
    replied
    Off season gonna off season.

Leave a comment:

• AppySooner
    replied
    I’ve enjoyed dragging the former staff and everyone who went with them and can’t wait to see them lose games, but picking apart what Winfrey’s agent had him say for PR is a little offseason even for me

Leave a comment:

• Section31
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post
    It's pretty obvious guys, Winfrey's agent got in his ear and said the NFL thinks it's a bad look to trash your former coach so now he has to drop a few milquetoast sound bites to prevent it becoming a negative on his draft stock.

We know how he truly feels.
    Which is really kind of silly as ANYONE WITH A BRAIN knows what LR did was pure trash. Those coaches and GMs aren't stupid. Oh, and if they are, you don't want to play for them anyway.

Leave a comment:

• TheBorenSupremacy
    replied
    It's pretty obvious guys, Winfrey's agent got in his ear and said the NFL thinks it's a bad look to trash your former coach so now he has to drop a few milquetoast sound bites to prevent it becoming a negative on his draft stock.

We know how he truly feels.

Leave a comment:

• Stinger_1066
    replied
    Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

Winfrey said plain as day, "I don't agree with how he left."

So Perrion, since LR did such a bangup job coaching you can you explain why your AA talent level only took you to 2nd team all-Big 12 under his coaching? Perhaps a lack of effort and motivation on your part?
    Perrion made a number of tweets critical of the coaching staff and the players who transferred out.

Leave a comment:

• Mobman
    replied

So Perrion, since LR did such a bangup job coaching you can you explain why your AA talent level only took you to 2nd team all-Big 12 under his coaching? Perhaps a lack of effort and motivation on your part?

Leave a comment:

• MuleshoeSooner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AdonijahAijalon
    replied
    Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post

Perrion's interview with Gabe and Teddy is better than that quote. More revealing too.
    Winfrey said plain as day, "I don't agree with how he left."

Leave a comment:

• MuleshoeSooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post
    Dude was at the Galen last night to watch usc basketball in a packed and rocking house….although I’m pretty sure he could have been one of the 50 fans at LNC.
    Every time I have to see one of this troll's posts I stick a pin in a voodoo doll of one of the board moderators because that's who I blame for the irritation.

J/K.....sort of.
    Last edited by MuleshoeSooner; 02-16-2022, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EatLeadCommie
    replied
    Perrion's interview with Gabe and Teddy is better than that quote. More revealing too.

Leave a comment:

• Section31
    replied
    Gotta stay clean until after he's drafted.

Leave a comment:

• SEC
    replied
    First to say, perhaps, who giv a fk…

Was 1000’s of pages or whatever for that FS and for what??

Jeebus. He WILL be beat, if he makes to ANY show. Mercifully the direction he went. FK him.

Move on and he will get his due.

Leave a comment:

• Velo Sooner
    replied
    Mods, we need to strike the name Perrion Winfrey from the official scrolls and never whisper the name again.

With Lincoln Riley and Caleb Williams leaving Oklahoma for USC, there are some unhappy people in Norman, and that includes some players. However, Sooners defensive lineman Perrion Winfrey, who is preparing for the upcoming 2022 NFL Draft, is not one of them.

In an interview with 247Sports’ Carl Reed, Winfrey explains that he doesn’t hold anything against either Riley or Williams. When it comes to Riley, Winfrey said the current USC head coach had a big hand in helping him develop into one of the top prospects in the 2022 NFL Draft. Winfrey said Riley just did what he thought was best for his career.

“Sooner Nation obviously doesn’t agree with it, but No. 1,
    Lincoln Riley has done so much for my career,” Winfrey said. “I can’t even begin to bash him because I know what type of man he is personally and the type of things he has done to change my life. Yeah, we might be trolling on Twitter and stuff, but I know that Lincoln Riley
    is a great man, and he made a decision that he thought was going to be best for his family. I can’t knock him for that because, at the end of the day, he wants to see me win, and I will continue to want to see him win.”

https://247sports.com/Article/Oklaho...USC-182914250/

Leave a comment:

• cloudy
    replied
    There's SO much to do in LA, its residents obsessively post on an OU forum to talk trash about people far more successful, famous, and happy than them.

Leave a comment:

• blackfrancois
    replied
    Originally posted by Soonermikee05 View Post
    I was at a Loves Travel Stop in West Texas couple weeks ago. Cars, vans, trucks...
    pro tip ...

Originally posted by Sly
    walk around with a blue bandana hanging out your back pocket if you give good head. yellow if you're a bottom.

Leave a comment:

• gratefulRed
    replied
    Originally posted by Database Error View Post

If there's so much shit to do in So Cal then why are you on DB every waking moment?
    because he's just like the sidewalks in LA.....full of shit.

Leave a comment:

• Colonel O’Truth
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

Sorry Auto, but SoCali is a true Renaissance Man... A man of the world. A man of immense wealth, talent and skill.

And he is pretty handy with a lawnmower too.
    Ruprecht is a Socali sock? Well now I’m really conflicted.

Leave a comment:

• Burglekutt
    replied
    Originally posted by Soonermikee05 View Post

All I know is, I was at a Loves Travel Stop in West Texas couple weeks ago. Cars, vans, trucks with California plates loaded with belongings were everywhere. And they weren’t headed west.

Did you tell them to go back or vote red? They ruined their state and like a bunch of parasites want to go ruin others now.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprecht
    replied
    Originally posted by auto View Post

My guess, old, delusional, no hobby, no talent, no friends type of Socali.
    Sorry Auto, but SoCali is a true Renaissance Man... A man of the world. A man of immense wealth, talent and skill.

And he is pretty handy with a lawnmower too.

Leave a comment:

• Soonermikee05
    replied

Still more than ou with its new exciting coach…you know there’s a lot of other shit to do out here.
    ou isn’t drawing that crowd with Texas/osu and probably even Kansas.
    All I know is, I was at a Loves Travel Stop in West Texas couple weeks ago. Cars, vans, trucks with California plates loaded with belongings were everywhere. And they weren’t headed west.

Leave a comment:

• auto
    replied
    Originally posted by Database Error View Post

If there's so much shit to do in So Cal then why are you on DB every waking moment?
    My guess, old, delusional, no hobby, no talent, no friends type of Socali.

Leave a comment:

• Stinger_1066
    replied
    Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    https://twitter.com/Sooners_1977/status/
    Is that guy ever happy about anything?

Leave a comment:

• Database Error
    replied

Still more than ou with its new exciting coach…you know there’s a lot of other shit to do out here.

Leave a comment:

• Orangejello Jones
    replied
    Basketball attendance smack. C’mon socali. You are a grade a poster (at times troll). This is beneath you.

Leave a comment:

• Socalisooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post

Oh please.... only packed because they played UCLA. Typical attendance is 4K, or 40% of capacity.

Leave a comment:

• Sooner in SoCal
    replied
    Dude was at the Galen last night to watch usc basketball in a packed and rocking house….although I’m pretty sure he could have been one of the 50 fans at LNC.
    Oh please.... only packed because they played UCLA. Typical attendance is 4K, or 40% of capacity.

Leave a comment:

• Socalisooner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Socalisooner
    replied
    Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

Waiting for socali to say "In LA, mask wearing is superior than vaccinations in Norman."
    Nobody wearing masks here and I don’t know who is enforcing it.

Leave a comment:

• AdonijahAijalon
    replied
    Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    Waiting for socali to say "In LA, mask wearing is superior to vaccinations in Norman."

Leave a comment:

• SoonernVolved
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Section31
    replied
    I wonder why Blake Bell and Trevor Knight weren’t successful under the great Bob Stoops?
    Cause they don't have talent to play the QB position. I know you're not very bright, but you quoted me talking about LR not keeping control of the locker room.

Leave a comment:

• UCO4Sooners
    replied
    I wonder why Blake Bell and Trevor Knight weren’t successful under the great Bob Stoops?
    Define successful.

Leave a comment:

• Socalisooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Section31 View Post

Those last couple of sentences are LR's responsibility...that's what GREAT HCs do.

Leave a comment:

• Velo Sooner
    replied

Oh, I think he's got skills to be the first pick in the draft...I just don't KNOW that it'll be because of LR.
    That's been my only claim the whole thread. I said he would succeed at just about any school with even a semi-competent OC. LR clearly qualifies given the proof from the last 7 years as OC at OU. I also said CW would succeed even if LR fails. USC could become the TTech of the Pac12 and CW would be fine from an NFL value POV. I don't agree CW made the best choice by going to USC, but I'm self aware enough to know I'm OU biased. I do believe I'm more objective than most here that are completely anti-LR biased.

Leave a comment:

• Section31
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post

Okay, you want to bet the state of CW's NFL prospects 1 and 2 years from now baring injury?
    Oh, I think he's got skills to be the first pick in the draft...I just don't KNOW that it'll be because of LR.

Leave a comment:

• Velo Sooner
    replied

Those last couple of sentences are LR's responsibility...that's what GREAT HCs do.
    Okay, you want to bet the state of CW's NFL prospects 1 and 2 years from now baring injury?

Leave a comment:

• Section31
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post

Both Baker and Kyler spent the majority of their college time at OU under LR. Kyler was backup at aTm as a true FR and was only marginally effective when elevated to start. The other 3 years were at OU under LR. I don't see any way to credit aTm for his development. Baker was more effective at TTech as a true FR, but again was only there 1 year and then 4 years at OU under LR. Again, attributing his development to TTech is a real stretch. Only Hurts was a 1 year mercenary and I think his year at OU boosted his draft stock - at worse it didn't hurt it. Rattler was on the fast track by the end of last year with 2 years at OU before the shit show of '21 happened. There are a zillion threads here speculating about what happened to the whole program last year that I'm sure you've read. I will say I believe Rattler was at least partly responsible for his own regression given his attitude. CW seems to be much more well liked by teammates and I don't see him having that problem.

Leave a comment:

• Velo Sooner
    replied

The bolded part is the part some overlook. Those high flying offenses were led by transfers. Nowhere to be found is LR's HS-recruit-led offenses. Coincident? Maybe, but both dudes (granted CW was a true frosh) had similar glaring weaknesses that LR seemed to struggle overcoming. Again, coincidence? I dunno, but let's not act like there's legitimate questions about LR's ability to work wonders...with guys only he's trained and/or high profile HS QBs. Kyler was that, but he's an enigma. Dude woulda willed a team like K-State into the CFP... :)
    Both Baker and Kyler spent the majority of their college time at OU under LR. Kyler was backup at aTm as a true FR and was only marginally effective when elevated to start. The other 3 years were at OU under LR. I don't see any way to credit aTm for his development. Baker was more effective at TTech as a true FR, but again was only there 1 year and then 4 years at OU under LR. Again, attributing his development to TTech is a real stretch. Only Hurts was a 1 year mercenary and I think his year at OU boosted his draft stock - at worse it didn't hurt it. Rattler was on the fast track by the end of last year with 2 years at OU before the shit show of '21 happened. There are a zillion threads here speculating about what happened to the whole program last year that I'm sure you've read. I will say I believe Rattler was at least partly responsible for his own regression given his attitude. CW seems to be much more well liked by teammates and I don't see him having that problem.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
X
UA-124223861-1