First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up to date transfer portal

SIAP but didn't see via the search feature. Is there a link/site that has at least somewhat real-time updates on the status of those that have entered?

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Fo...ransferPortal/

This is the best one I've found.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerBornSoonerBrett View Post
      Better than anything I found! Much Appreciated!!

Comment

Thanks...

Comment

Thanks Brett

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post
                Like anyone really gives a shit right now.

Comment

OU QB situation was good before Lincoln Riley and will be after

And new head coach Brent Venables may soon add another transfer quarterback to the roster.

Chubba Purdy, who played parts of two seasons at Florida State, completed a two-day visit to Norman on Thursday. He is the younger brother of Brock Purdy, a four-year starter at quarterback for Iowa State. The former four-star recruit and Arizona native is also visiting Nebraska.

And here’s an interesting twist for you conspiracy theorists or someone who likes the idea of getting back at Lincoln Riley. Former USC QB Jaxson Dart, who this week announced that he was leaving USC, is said to be considering three schools as landing spots. On3.com, which covers college football recruiting, is reporting that Dart will visit Oklahoma, Ole Miss and TCU before the end of the weekend.

Dart played six games for USC this season as a true freshman. He completed 62 percent of his passes for 1,353 yards and nine touchdowns.

If either Purdy or Dart were to choose to come to OU, Gabriel would likely still be the starter next season, but their addition along with the freshman Evers would replenish the QB depth that was thread bare earlier this month. And Purdy and Dart may not be the only transfers the Sooners are looking into at the position.

The overriding point being that Oklahoma will be just fine at the quarterback position. The Sooners have had championship-caliber quarterback play before Lincoln Riley landed in Norman, and that will continue to be the case long after his departure.

https://stormininnorman.com/2021/11/...a-sooners-fan/

Comment

https://twitter.com/CharlieS_TFB/status/

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                      Good god, that's a big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Longcrawler View Post

Like anyone really gives a shit right now.
                        yeah....no one gives a shit about the ou players portaling out...
                        this would be a good place to keep track of the ones we have a good shot of portaling in....

wingo...
                        sanders...
                        johnson
                        purdy
                        trigg
                        dart

Comment

That Tulane Dline gave OU plenty of problems last year.

(But didn't seem to bother other teams)

Comment

Originally posted by novasooner View Post

BV is 5’3” tall

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post

That Tulane Dline gave OU plenty of problems last year.

(But didn't seem to bother other teams)
                              I was thinking the same thing. He's gonna WORK the Oline in practice every day.

Comment

I thought so too. But his Tulane bio says he's 6'3" and 295 lbs. Dude looks every bit of 6'5" and about 320 in that pic.

Comment

I liked him in the Blindside.

Comment

Originally posted by SportyJames View Post

I liked him in the Blindside.
                                    I liked his pistol packin mamma better.

Comment

Get him some of those SEC McDonald's bags right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery Pete View Post

I liked his pistol packin mamma better.
                                        is it printing? Man my eyes must be bad…

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post

BV is 5’3” tall
                                          He's still got 6" on SoCali.

Comment

Now, imagine what Schmitty, Brent, etc could turn him into lol.

Comment

Did Ou not sign Daniel Parker the blocking Te out of Mizzou?

Comment

Originally posted by BoomerAnon View Post
                                                Did Ou not sign Daniel Parker the blocking Te out of Mizzou?
                                                he’s already enrolled and participating in workouts as of this week

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

I thought so too. But his Tulane bio says he's 6'3" and 295 lbs. Dude looks every bit of 6'5" and about 320 in that pic.
                                                  Venables is 6'2" so our new friend Jeffrey is HUGEQ

Comment

awesome link

damn there are A LOT of players in the portal

Comment

Originally posted by Just JK View Post

awesome link

damn there are A LOT of players in the portal
                                                      I read somewhere recently while trying to get Portal info, that approx 25% of all players on NCAA basketball rosters are transfers. Wouldn't be surprised if it was close to that for football, too.

Comment

I read somewhere recently while trying to get Portal info, that approx 25% of all players on NCAA basketball rosters are transfers. Wouldn't be surprised if it was close to that for football, too.
                                                        interesting

i'd be more interested in the % of players that go to the portal and find a new home

i'd bet the more recruiting stars a player has, the higher that % goes. there were quite a few 2 and 3 stars on that list - i wonder how often they find new homes

Comment

Originally posted by Just JK View Post

interesting

i'd be more interested in the % of players that go to the portal and find a new home

i'd bet the more recruiting stars a player has, the higher that % goes. there were quite a few 2 and 3 stars on that list - i wonder how often they find new homes
                                                          Yeah, I wonder the same thing. How many actually land somewhere with a scholarship? How many end up staying where they started? How many are making a step up or laterally? How many taking a step down?

Comment

Looks like Bru McCoy is on the list. Believe we recruited him out of high school as he was rated one of the top "athletes."

Comment

One could make the argument that it's better to focus more recruiting on transfer portal guys, because you know won't lose them once you've got them.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdogs View Post
                                                                Looks like Bru Mcoy is on the list. Believe we recruited him out of high school as he was rated one of the top "athletes."
                                                                Yeah, but we don't want/need that headache. Dude has been nothing but drama from day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. X View Post

Yeah, but we don't want/need that headache. Dude has been nothing but drama from day 1.
                                                                  Isn't he the dude that bounced from USC to Texas and back to USC during recruitment? Or actually signed with Texas and backed out?

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Isn't he the dude that bounced from USC to Texas and back to USC during recruitment? Or actually signed with Texas and backed out?
                                                                    that's him

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Heard he was involved in a DV case but no charges were brought on. Wouldn't want him around OU either way.

Comment

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...uary-14th-16th

Visitor Notes | A Pair of DBs
                                                                        – Charlie S – Posted on: January 11, 2022

Just received confirmation from a pair of transfer portal defensive backs that they will be heading to Norman on Friday for official visits.

***Touched base with Wyoming cornerback transfer CJ Coldon (6’1 180) who let me know he will be in town. Coldon was a member of the Cowboys 2017 class. He also let me know he has 2 years of eligibility left. OU’s lead recruiter for Coldon to this point has been Keep your politics off the board Hall and you can assume Jay Valai gets involved this weekend.

***Also was able to connect with North Carolina defensive back transfer Trey Morrison (5’9.5 190) who confirmed he will be arriving for his official visit on Friday as well. Morrison was a member of the Heels 2018 class. Trey let me know that he is being recruited to OU by Ted Roof (so you know this one is on lock) and the head man himself, Brent Venables. I didn’t get a chance to ask him how many years of eligibility he has left, but by my math, he has one year left.

Visit Note | Missouri DT Transfer Mekhi Wingo
                                                                        – Charlie S – Posted on: January 12, 2022

Many of you saw a tweet this morning that indicated that Missouri transfer portal DT Mekhi Wingo will be visiting Oklahoma.

Wingo confirmed to me that he will be in town this Friday and Saturday.

OU offered him last week shortly after he entered the portal. You can find that note HERE.
                                                                        ……

Visitor Note | Bama Transfer LB Drew Sanders
                                                                        – Charlie S – Posted on: January 13, 2022

James just let me know that a source confirmed with him that Alabama Transfer LB Drew Sanders (6’5 244) will be in Norman today (Thursday)

Source tells James that the one-time Oklahoma commit is being pursued by his former lead recruiter in Norman, Cale Gundy, and Sooners DE/OLB coach Miguel Chavis.

James also passed along that OU feels pretty good about this one.

We will keep an eye on it.

Jaxson Dart | Update | Schools in Focus
                                                                        – Super K – Posted on: January 13, 2022

As you know USC’s talented young quarterback, Jaxson Dart recently entered the portal and is expected to be in Norman today.

I spoke with a source who tells me that Dart is headed to Ole Miss after his OU visit. That may be followed by a visit to TCU.

I was told Dart plans to enroll next week at whatever school he chooses. Additionally, it sounds like the two primary players right now are OU and Ole Miss. In other words, the Sooners have a real shot here.

I personally would love to see it. What a story that would make if Lebby can develop him and get him in the Heisman race this upcoming season.
                                                                        …….

Additional Visitor on Campus | OL
                                                                        – Super K – Posted on: January 13, 2022

In addition to the already mentioned visitors who are on campus, the Sooners are also hosting a transfer offensive lineman.

I’m told that TCU RS freshman OT transfer, Tyler Guyton is currently on campus.

I didn’t follow Guyton this past season but interestingly, his bio says “Played in eight games while making a start at H-back against Oklahoma…split time throughout the season between offensive tackle and H-back…caught a 6-yard touchdown pass at Iowa State.”

Comment

https://twitter.com/QB1TATT00/status/

https://twitter.com/TravisSkol/status/

Comment

Agree lol:

https://twitter.com/soonergridiron/status/

Comment

#39
                                                                              are we really putting recruits in the rough rider unis?

i can't even......

Comment

#40
                                                                                Agree lol:

I know he looked good against us. Actually he looked good every time I watched Oregon this year. Damn, this transfer portal shit is like free agency gone crazy. It's exciting and sucks all at once.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  was listening to the ref earlier...
                                                                                  they said the list of visitors thru the weekend are as follows.....as best I can remember

dart
                                                                                  trigg
                                                                                  johnson
                                                                                  wingo
                                                                                  sanders
                                                                                  a db from wyoming
                                                                                  a db from north Carolina
                                                                                  plus a 5* 2022 o-lineman from Washington...connerly
                                                                                  I probably missed a couple

edit: I think d-lineman.....from Tulsa
                                                                                  Last edited by theresonly187; 01-14-2022, 12:08 PM.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Agree lol:

Travis Dye—This is an All American type RB— he’s probably wanting some NIL gold pot, though

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
                                                                                      they said the list of visitors thru the weekend are as follows.....as best I can remember

dart
                                                                                      trigg
                                                                                      johnson
                                                                                      wingo
                                                                                      sanders
                                                                                      a db from wyoming
                                                                                      a db from north Carolina

Here you go :)

https://twitter.com/BPrzybylo/status/

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by soonerquest View Post

Travis Dye—This is an All American type RB— he’s probably wanting some NIL gold pot, though
                                                                                        and he can't get it at oregon?

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Agree lol:

Did anyone else see Demarco give Dye a "way to go" and pat on the head during the Alamo Bowl? It happened when Dye ran out of bounds. Let's get him.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by soonerquest View Post

Possible, but given the amount of Nike money at Oregon, who knows? I would have Coach DeMarco talk to him & gauge his interest. With the upgraded staff & plenty of NFL experience at Coach, Oklahoma would be an attractive option,(especially factoring in Lebby’s system).

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

dart
                                                                                              trigg
                                                                                              johnson
                                                                                              wingo
                                                                                              sanders
                                                                                              a db from wyoming
                                                                                              a db from north Carolina

Needless to say I'd love to get Conerly. That guy is one of the top 2 or 3 Tackles in the country. Does anyone know how our chances look?

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

Did anyone else see Demarco give Dye a "way to go" and pat on the head during the Alamo Bowl? It happened when Dye ran out of bounds. Let's get him.
                                                                                                I didn’t see that. But I agree, let’s get him. He will be lethal in Lebby’s system.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Dye looked really good against us but I couldn't tell if he was good or was just quick to run through those massive holes they were opening in our defensive front much of the game. He did rush for 1200 yards on the season so I would assume he's just a good player.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Widescreen View Post
                                                                                                    Dye looked really good against us but I couldn't tell if he was good or was just quick to run through those massive holes they were opening in our defensive front much of the game. He did rush for 1200 yards on the season so I would assume he's just a good player.
                                                                                                    he was excellent against Ohio State.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1