X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/ParkerThune/status/

Comment

https://twitter.com/OU247/status/

When the Sooners somewhat unexpectedly lost Latrell McCutchin to the transfer portal, there arose an immediate need for high-ceiling contributors in the defensive backfield.

Oklahoma moved quickly to fill the void by hosting several transfer defensive backs over the weekend, and the Sooner staff’s efforts have been rewarded with a commitment from erstwhile Wyoming Cowboy CJ Coldon. The fifth-year senior announced his intention to transfer to Oklahoma shortly after an official visit with the Sooners.

A former three-star prospect at wide receiver, Coldon committed to Wyoming in the class of 2017 out of the St. Louis suburb of Belleville, Ill. After redshirting as a true freshman, Coldon recorded nine tackles over three games in 2018, but an injury crippled his promising campaign. History repeated itself in 2019, as Coldon logged 14 tackles and a fumble return touchdown over the season’s first three contests before another injury sidelined him for the remainder of the year.

Back to full health for an abbreviated 2020 season, Coldon started all six games for Wyoming, recording 26 tackles and a pair of interceptions along the way. But as a fifth-year senior in 2021, he experienced a productive explosion, and it made him a coveted commodity when he entered the transfer portal at season’s end. On the year, Coldon racked up 67 tackles (49 solo) and 10 pass breakups, helping Wyoming to a 7-6 record and a victory in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.

Oklahoma quickly emerged as the clear favorite to land Coldon once he entered the portal, and his visit to campus sealed the deal. He’ll join a cornerback room that returns both starters in Woodi Washington and DJ Graham, and will be under the direction of new Oklahoma cornerbacks coach Jay Valai. At 6-foot-1 and 185 pounds, Coldon is an imposing physical matchup on the outside, and he provides valuable experience in a group that's relatively young. He'll likely be in the mix to start, and even if he doesn't supplant Graham or Washington, he figures to see plenty of snaps in a rotational capacity for the Sooners.

Coldon will have at least one year of eligibility at Oklahoma, although he would almost certainly qualify for a medical hardship waiver due to his season-ending injuries in 2018 and 2019. That waiver would give him the opportunity to return to Norman in 2023 for an additional year.

Comment

On the year, Coldon racked up 67 tackles (49 solo) and 10 pass breakups,
        For comparison:

Our DB's had 17 PBUS's combined last year. Also, Graham and Bowman combined - 45 tackles

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
            Coldon
            Johnson
            ?
            ?

My guess is we got the other two DBs who visited, Walker and Morrison. Unfortunately, I think the two we REALLY wanted, Dart and Trigg, are Ole Miss bound.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerbms View Post

Coldon
              Johnson
              ?
              ?

My guess is we got the other two DBs who visited, Walker and Morrison. Unfortunately, I think the two we REALLY wanted, Dart and Trigg, are Ole Miss bound.
              I thought Bob P said Johnson wasn't....idk.

Comment

would be nice if conerly was one of the locks...

Comment

Comment

Wyoming, Hawaii and Central Flarta. Interesting. Not saying that’s indicative of any skill or lack thereof. Just interesting. Then again, some of our best players have been JUCOs and 3* or less.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
                      DB from Louisville who entered the portal about a week ago.

Comment

Was Kani Walker even a starter at Louisville? Not a very impressive offer sheet out of HS.
                        If depth is a problem at DB is OU bringing in potential starters or fodder?

Comment

Coldon
                          Johnson
                          ?
                          ?

We just got Louisville DB transfer, Kani Walker.

Link: Boom News! | Louisville DB Transfer Kani Walker Commits to OU! - The Football Brainiacs - OU Edition

The Sooners continue to restock the shelves of the DB room as Louisville DB transfer Kani Walker has announced his decision to continue his career in Norman at OU!

Walker (6’1 174) out of Suwanee, GA saw limited action during his freshman year at Louisville and he was able to use his redshirt.

He will have 4 years of eligibility left.

Spoke to a source who is very familiar with the Georgia HS scene and this is what he had to say about Walker:

‘He’s LONG! Uses his size to his advantage with him being so tall and having the ability to play corner. He has soft hands and was never scared to strike. He’s very good at using his hands and strength to redirect WRs who are not aggressive. Love his mentality and would take 11 of him on my squad’.

I asked him how he compared to some of the DBs who have left OU and some that are still on campus and he simply said ‘He is better in my opinion’. Thought that was interesting.

Upon his entry to the portal, the Sooners did not hesitate to pursue and get him on campus.

Comment

I hope they’re confident in what they’re doing with Walker, because he’s transferring just one year in, which means no more portal and a while till graduation. Makes it harder to process a guy if he doesn’t work out.

Comment

Originally posted by 61Sooner View Post
                              Was Kani Walker even a starter at Louisville? Not a very impressive offer sheet out of HS.
                              He was a Redshirt at Louisville last season, his freshman year. Doesn't mean that is is not any good.

I seem to recall a DB who had an impressive offer sheet. They called hime, Bookie. How did that turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post
                                Wyoming, Hawaii and Central Flarta. Interesting. Not saying that’s indicative of any skill or lack thereof. Just interesting. Then again, some of our best players have been JUCOs and 3* or less.
                                I go by who else wants them.

Comment

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/boo...-commits-to-ou

The Sooners continue to restock the shelves of the DB room as Louisville DB transfer Kani Walker has announced his decision to continue his career in Norman at OU!

Walker (6’1 174) out of Suwanee, GA saw limited action during his freshman year at Louisville and he was able to use his redshirt.

He will have 4 years of eligibility left.

Spoke to a source who is very familiar with the Georgia HS scene and this is what he had to say about Walker:

‘He’s LONG! Uses his size to his advantage with him being so tall and having the ability to play corner. He has soft hands and was never scared to strike. He’s very good at using his hands and strength to redirect WRs who are not aggressive. Love his mentality and would take 11 of him on my squad’.

I asked him how he compared to some of the DBs who have left OU and some that are still on campus and he simply said ‘He is better in my opinion’. Thought that was interesting.

Upon his entry to the portal, the Sooners did not hesitate to pursue and get him on campus.

Comment

Trey Morrison said he’s making a decision later today.

Comment

Comment

https://twitter.com/RobertJ3nnings/status/

Comment

https://twitter.com/Trey_Morrison23/status/

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonOberon View Post

I go by who else wants them.
                                            Bingo. Combine that with our coaches,( who are proven at recruiting & contending for/winning championships) & that is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post
                                              some of our best players have been JUCOs and 3* or less.
                                              The only 3 stars who aren't any good are the ones from Oklahoma. 3 stars from far away are awesome gets.

Comment

Comment

https://twitter.com/SportsHeartland/status/

Comment

Originally posted by 61Sooner View Post
                                                    he's dogshit.....venables doesn't have a clue what he's doing and neither do any of the assistants....
                                                    get out front and start hating this guy now and blaming him for all our woes on defense.....

Comment

https://twitter.com/RobertJ3nnings/status/

Comment

https://twitter.com/KWalker__26/status/

Comment

https://twitter.com/chubbapurdy/status/

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                                            That would certainly be a hell of a pickup if it comes to pass.

Comment

Damn, I go on a 10 mile bicycle ride and all hell breaks loose with the QB's .

Comment

Originally posted by Hermit View Post
                                                                Damn, I go on a 10 mile bicycle ride and all hell breaks loose with the QB's .
                                                                My ride was 18 miles, so even more hell broke loose.

Comment

I’ll take that trade lol:

https://twitter.com/TJEckertKTUL/status/

Comment

OK I'm gonna say it since no one else has... Jaxson's mom is HAWT.

Comment

Thought someone said parents went on ole miss visit but not OUs

Comment

https://twitter.com/SportsHeartland/status/
                                                                        He deleted his tweet shortly after posting it. Odd behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by echo101 View Post

He deleted his tweet shortly after posting it. Odd behavior.
                                                                          I still see the tweet. Looks like one of the replies is gone.

Comment

Jaxson's mother be like HOTT!!!

Comment

I still see the tweet. Looks like one of the replies is gone.
                                                                              The tweet body is still there. Remainder was deleted or so I think. Don't know if I want to go back to check.

Comment

Originally posted by echo101 View Post

The tweet body is still there. Remainder was deleted or so I think. Don't know if I want to go back to check.
                                                                                Regardless, it’s not even a verified account and it only has 600
                                                                                followers, so I’m not putting a ton of stock in it either way.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerKA1999 View Post

I didn't see your post on his mother until after I posted my comment. It's my opinion the CW banner needs to be yanked down ASAP and Jaxson's mother's picture needs to be up next.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Jeffery5621/status/

Comment

Originally posted by M40 View Post
                                                                                      Thought someone said parents went on ole miss visit but not OUs
                                                                                      Jaxson's mom came to OU with him. His dad couldn't. That's his mama in the Twitter posts above with him... Lookin' fine I might add....

Comment

https://twitter.com/chubbapurdy/status/
                                                                                        Next September in Lincoln, Huskers gonna be a tough game. Will be a real early test for Venables.

Comment

His Mom? I thought she was the coed campus tour guide. Yes, she is hawt.

Comment

Jaxson's mom came to OU with him. His dad couldn't. That's his mama in the Twitter posts above with him... Lookin' fine I might add....
                                                                                            I saw the family photo of McKade Mettauer parents. Are we starting to see a new recruiting trend?

Comment

Comment

The Sooners landed the commitment of another transfer portal guy as UNC DB Trey Morrison has announced his intentions to play his last season of eligibility in Norman!

Morrison (5.9.5 190) heads to Oklahoma after amassing 135 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 2 interceptions over the course of his career at North Carolina.

He was an early portal target for the new staff in Norman and his experience and his eligibility match up well with what they are looking for in regard to preparing for the ’22 season.

He was a member of the Heels 2018 class and hails from Norcross, GA.

Comment

https://oklahoma.rivals.com/news/mor...ure?yptr=yahoo

Morrison completes the picture

Bob Przybylo • SoonerScoop
                                                                                                  Staff Writer
                                                                                                  @BPrzybylo

How many transfer defensive backs will Oklahoma take? Can Oklahoma take? One, two, nah, how about all of them?

Former North Carolina Trey Morrison completes the defensive back transfer trio, announcing he will be a Sooner for the 2022 season Monday, following his visit to OU over the weekend.

In a 24-hour period, the Sooners added former Wyoming cornerback C.J. Coldon (Sunday) and former Louisville cornerback Kani Walker was the first to announce for OU on Monday.

Take a breath. Lock, lock, and lock – the emojis are done.

Morrison has been a jack-of-all-trades for the Tar Heels, beginning at cornerback before finding success at safety and nickelback.

He had 47 tackles last season, including 34 solo. He forced a fumble and recovered another fumble for a 63-yard touchdown and four passes defended.

That goes in line with the type of production he had the entire time at UNC, playing a big role as a true freshman for the 2018 season and never looking back.

Listed at 5-foot-9 and 190 pounds, Morrison had 148 tackles in his four seasons with two interceptions and 17 passes defended.

The size might have some OU fans scratching their heads, but when you consider head coach Brent Venables was coaching at Clemson in the ACC vs. Morrison and immediately tried to add him to the Sooners? Clearly, there’s a lot to like.

Morrison has four seasons of experience to fall back on, while Walker is at the beginning of his college journey.

A member of the 2021 class for the Cards, Walker only had one tackle and Louisville coaches mentioned they were keeping Walker at the four-game limit so he could redshirt and then take off in 2022.

Walker entered the portal last Monday, and OU offered Wednesday and set up an official visit for the weekend.

A native of Georgia, Walker is listed at 6-foot-1 and 175 pounds. It’s hard to know what schools were going to be a factor because OU attacked so hard once he hit the portal, that the Sooners became a strong favorite almost immediately.

Walker and Morrison are both going to enroll for the spring semester, which begins Tuesday. The same cannot be said for Coldon.

Coldon intends to graduate from Wyoming this semester and then end up in Norman in June.

Like Morrison, though, Coldon was incredibly productive during his years with the Cowboys. He topped that all off with a 67-tackle performance in 2021 that would have ranked third overall for OU last year to go with 10 passes defensed.

After signing with Wyoming for the 2017 class as a wide receiver, Coldon moved to defense and found his role as a physical cornerback.

He had 115 tackles in his four seasons to go with two interceptions, two forced fumbles and 16 passes defensed.

The common theme with the trio? No other visits were planned. In communicating with the three defensive backs last week, they were all adamant OU was the only visit. The lingering question became whether OU was going to pick-and-choose, or take them all.

Take them all, as we found out.

The three joined Tulane defensive lineman transfer Jeffery Johnson as players who will now be Sooners after visiting Norman in the last week.

OU put in some work in the transfer portal, and there are still some possibilities out there, especially on offense that should work themselves out during the course of this week.

But Venables saw an obvious need at defensive back and with cornerbacks coach Jay Valai and safeties coach Keep your politics off the board Hall officially all together, the Sooners attacked it hard by adding Morrison, Walker and Coldon.

Comment

The Sooners landed the commitment of another transfer portal guy as UNC DB Trey Morrison has announced his intentions to play his last season of eligibility in Norman!

Morrison (5.9.5 190) heads to Oklahoma after amassing 135 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 2 interceptions over the course of his career at North Carolina.

He was an early portal target for the new staff in Norman and his experience and his eligibility match up well with what they are looking for in regard to preparing for the ’22 season.

He was a member of the Heels 2018 class and hails from Norcross, GA.
                                                                                                    5'-9". Didn't Grinch want length?

Never mind.

BOOM Trey. Welcome to Norman. You have chosen wisely.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheMainLinePod/status/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1