Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the addition of these three transfer DBs plus the incoming freshmen, I’m wondering if Billy Bowman's moving to the receivers room.

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post

5'-9". Didn't Grinch want length?

Never mind.

BOOM Trey. Welcome to Norman. You have chosen wisely.
      He recruited length but rarely played his own recruits.

Comment

There's no way a guy from that horrible UNC defense was the big announcement being teased right?

Comment

And going from baby blue to crimson should make Trey even more aggresive!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post
            There's no way a guy from that horrible UNC defense was the big announcement being teased right?
            Wouldn't Caleb staying blow our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by 61Sooner View Post
              Was Kani Walker even a starter at Louisville? Not a very impressive offer sheet out of HS.
              If depth is a problem at DB is OU bringing in potential starters or fodder?
              You’re basing his talent off of his HS offer sheet and not actual game footage? Interesting
              BOOMER!

Comment

Originally posted by 5thWave View Post

Our servers would crash from people rushing to delete old posts

Comment

Originally posted by 5thWave View Post

would probably blow Mario's for sure...

Comment

https://twitter.com/KeShawn2x/status/

Comment

Nice pull so far. We’ll see how many are contributors and how many are studs. Need a few more.

I wonder where our scholarship count is?
                      “#Sooners portal additions (as of this tweet): TE @DanielParkerJr (Mizzou) OL @Mckade64 (Cal) QB @_dillongabriel_ (UCF) DL @Jonah_laulu (Hawaii) LB @tdroof4 (Appalachian State) DL @Jeffery5621 (Tulane) DB @CEASSZN21 (Wyoming) DB @KWalker__26 (Louisville) DB @Trey_Morrison23 (UNC)”

Comment

Originally posted by Database Error View Post

He recruited length but rarely played his own recruits.
                        Yep. Because he couldn’t coach Safeties and Roy Manning couldn’t coach CBs.

So glad they’re both gone

Comment

Will Casey Thompson stay at Nebraska?

Comment

Looking more & more like we have another QB coming,(fingers crossed) :

https://twitter.com/Jacob_Sexton_/status/

Comment

Originally posted by Pokej View Post
                              Will Casey Thompson stay at Nebraska?
                              Unless he wants to sit a year somewhere.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BPrzybylo/status/

Comment

https://twitter.com/Sooners_Daily/status/

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                    https://twitter.com/BPrzybylo/status/
                                    If we don't get Dart or Trigg, that couldn't be more underwhelming. Sanders is the one that really hurts...kid would probably be our best defensive player from day one. Mizzou kid or stud Olineman wouldn't have sucked either.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasSucks View Post

If we don't get Dart or Trigg, that couldn't be more underwhelming. Sanders is the one that really hurts...kid would probably be our best defensive player from day one. Mizzou kid or stud Olineman wouldn't have sucked either.
                                      Give it time.

Comment

And just like that DJ Graham never played again.

He made on spectacular interception and the rest of the year he was roasted.

Maybe he could play nickel but I don’t think so.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomerBilly View Post

I wouldn't count out any DB/S that stayed. Between Schmitty and competent coaching (hopefully), I'd expect a lot of improvement among secondary players. They had to be so frustrated playing Grinch's scheme, and being to small to hit anyone...BV, and company, should be a breath of fresh air. More blitzing/QB pressure can't hurt.

Comment

With all due respect, your don't know what these kids can do or how they can help. I foresee Walker being a stud.

Comment

I wonder if he’s better suited at WR.

Comment

It will be fun to see who wins a starting spot with this new staff. I would say every position is up for grabs on defense

Comment

I wouldn't count out any DB/S that stayed. Between Schmitty and competent coaching (hopefully), I'd expect a lot of improvement among secondary players. They had to be so frustrated playing Grinch's scheme, and being to small to hit anyone...BV, and company, should be a breath of fresh air. More blitzing/QB pressure can't hurt.
                                                  It should be a clean slate except that Woodi and Key have to be starting somewhere. Being coached by a corners coach could make a difference for any of the guys who underperformed or were just wildly inconsistent like Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post
                                                    With the addition of these three transfer DBs plus the incoming freshmen, I’m wondering if Billy Bowman's moving to the receivers room.
                                                    Think you're on to something.

Comment

There are many good players on bad teams.

Comment

I haven't seen one player in our secondary play this physical. Dude is tenacious.

Comment

We didn't play well enough on defense for me to question ANY of these defensive pickups.

Comment

For a great example of this idea of latent potential, look no further than Tre Norwood being a better than average cornerback for the freaking Steelers his rookie year. Like… what?! Dude spends a few days being coached by Mike Tomlin and co. and he erases every single bad habit we saw for years consecutively here under Grinch.
                                                            Last edited by soonermb; 01-18-2022, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soonermb View Post

For a great example of this idea of latent potential, look no further than Tre Norwood being a better than average cornerback for the freaking Steelers his rookie year. Like… what?! Dude spends a few days being coached by Mike Tomlin and co. and he erases every single bad habit we saw for years consecutively here under Grinch.
                                                              Cant wait to see Woodi play to his full potential under a coaching staff that knows what its doing... Graham and Bowman too.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

I haven't seen one player in our secondary play this physical. Dude is tenacious.

Good video. Kid actually knows how to tackle and isn’t afraid to take on a TE without pissing himself. That’ll be a breath of fresh air

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post

There are many good players on bad teams.
                                                                  From what I heard UNC coaches were quite happy when he left, and their defense was worse than ours

Comment

https://twitter.com/markrsports/status/

Comment

Reminds me of a Bookie with his size. Except actually backs it up with his play. Plays bigger than he is. I like this kid

Comment

Reminds me of Antonio Perkins, Keep your politics off the board Everage, Derrick Strait type of defender.

Comment

From what I heard UNC coaches were quite happy when he left, and their defense was worse than ours
                                                                          BV must be a moron.

Comment

He needs to be a safety. It's obvious he can't turn his hips and run and his speed isn't CB level.

Guy is too good at other stuff to completely go away from him.

I'm thinking Gabe Lynn. Sucked at corner. Above average safety.

Comment

Comment

Shit.

Comment

This is strange, where did you hear this info? It seems odd that the coaches would make this statement publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

This is strange, where did you hear this info? It seems odd that the coaches would make this statement publicly.
                                                                                    He said it out loud and heard the echo.

Comment

Oklahoma OC Jeff Lebby to Visit Arch Manning this Week

Just over a week ago, on January 10th, Oklahoma entered the Arch Manning sweepstakes and hopes to land the five-star quarterback with the help of new offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby.

Lebby formed quite the relationship with the Manning’s while at Ole Miss and seems to have carried that relationship with him after his move to Norman, Oklahoma. According to a story by Steve Wiltfong, the Director of Recruiting for 247Sports, Lebby intends to build on that relationship in the coming days.

In his story titled, “College Coaches Coming in Droves to see Arch Manning,” Wiltfong says that Jeff Lebby is planning on heading out to New Orleans for a visit with Arch Manning sometime this week. As are Billy Napier (Florida HC), Nick Saban, Mike Denbrock (LSU OC), Dave Johnson (Florida State Recruiting Coord.), AJ Milwee (Texas QB Coach), and Liam Coen (Kentucky OC).

Needless to say, everybody and brother wants Manning to be their quarterback of the future and it’s going to be a wild ride to see who lands him. Early money is still on Ole Miss, given that his uncle Eli and his grandfather Archie are both legends in The Grove, but Lebby’s move to Oklahoma after already developing a relationship with the legacy signal-caller could make this interesting down the stretch.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.c...ing-this-week/

Comment

I hadn't heard any kind of announcement but I'm assuming by this that Broiles is coming back? Which I'm happy about by the way. He was showing improvement the 2nd half of the season.

Comment

what is SZN? Short for decision? Separation decision?

Comment

Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
                                                                                            That's a good question.

Comment

You really can't figure that out based on what was being said?

Comment

My guess is it is twitter speak for “season.”

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post
                                                                                                  You really can't figure that out based on what was being said?
                                                                                                  Lol, there's always at least one.

Comment

Season

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

From someone who works for UNC and has contact with the football program

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1