First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miguel Chaves' salary

It is reported that Chavez will make $600K at OU. That is more than 3 existing assistants staying from TBOW's staff. Moreover, the OU job is Chavez's first career job as a full time college football assistant. His previous experience entails 5 years in an off field analyst role at Clemson. Per the last OU contract listing of March 2021 for Cale Gundy $580K, Joe Jon Finley $510K and DeMarco Murray $350K they will all be making less than Chavez. Seems a little strange to me so I have to guess Clemson was going to give him a big raise and an assistant's job had he stayed. Nothing else makes sense to me.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...es/8995681002/

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/...llion-contract

https://www.si.com/college/clemson/f...on-to-oklahoma

I figure the remaining staff is gonna get a big boost in March.

Comment

The titles are up to the head football coach. Whatever comes with the title is up to those signing the checks.
      I want our guys to stick around and be compensated fairly because we really don’t need anymore bad press. That being said, not everybody can be a coordinator. I would imagine Venables has the gameplan laid out for who is who regardless of what titles and salaries are.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerSpock View Post
        It is reported that Chavez will make $600K at OU. That is more than 3 existing assistants staying from TBOW's staff. Moreover, the OU job is Chavez's first career job as a full time college football assistant. His previous experience entails 5 years in an off field analyst role at Clemson. Per the last OU contract listing of March 2021 for Cale Gundy $580K, Joe Jon Finley $510K and DeMarco Murray $350K they will all be making less than Chavez. Seems a little strange to me so I have to guess Clemson was going to give him a big raise and an assistant's job had he stayed. Nothing else makes sense to me.

Raise gonna come or I can see another need to hire some more assistants later on...BV must think highly of Chavez, we shall see. He may end up being a good one

Comment

I can say this for Cale, this has happened numerous times before. This won't bother him. The others, not sure but I imagine raises will come for them too. Demarco for sure.
          Last edited by RockFlagandEagle; 01-17-2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerSpock View Post

The way I understand it the board of regents has to meet to approve raises for existing employees. Thats why the holdover assistants salaries havent changed. I suspect that will change in a couple of months when they meet again. I also suspect it was one of the things BV negotiated when he accepted the job (lots of money to throw at assistants and staff).

Comment

the closer we get to sec money.....the more money will be thrown around...

Comment

Couple of things here; the move to the SEC (whenever it happens) will be a big boost financially to the athletic department, so consider these raises as spending for the future. Also, this means that the Sooner Club is going to be asking for more money for season tickets, so consider that aspect when it comes to raises, more analysts, a chef, you get the idea.

It's easy to spend money that isn't your own and want these things. It's another when it directly leads to an increase in seeing the Sooners in Norman.

Oh, and I'm not bitching. Oklahoma needs to get on par spending wise with a handful of programs. It is the way.

Comment

I think less is more until I see a National Championship and I hope we get number 8 before we go to the SEC. Getting on par with spending is one thing but increasing spending because a Head Coach flaked out needs some real expectations attached. You are coming here to make the BIG XII cry and to scare the hell out of every P5 Program in College Football. You’ll get paid huge for these results.

Comment

Maybe not all their compensation is through their salary. And I’m not insinuating anything shady or sinister.

Comment

I'd love to see coaches paid lower base salaries with incentives tied to position performance and recruiting...especially for a 1st time coach like Chavis. OU is just bidding against themselves with this hire/salary...but good for Chavis. Just weird for the offer to be that high...I doubt Chavis made $75K last year. What does an analyst typically make?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias 2.0 View Post
                        Couple of things here; the move to the SEC (whenever it happens) will be a big boost financially to the athletic department, so consider these raises as spending for the future. Also, this means that the Sooner Club is going to be asking for more money for season tickets, so consider that aspect when it comes to raises, more analysts, a chef, you get the idea.

It's easy to spend money that isn't your own and want these things. It's another when it directly leads to an increase in seeing the Sooners in Norman.

Oh, and I'm not bitching. Oklahoma needs to get on par spending wise with a handful of programs. It is the way.
                        The Sooner Club has asked! They set"my pledge" at a solid increase. Then throw on bonus championship points if I exceed "my pledge" by a certain higher dollar amount. The tickets for the six games including Kent and UTEP are $500 each which is a small increase. And, at least for me, for the first time, they threw on top the cost of Texas tickets which in the past were sold seperately. And I sit in the north endzone where the required donation is only $100. "My pledge" is way, way over that $100; almost enough to get into the Sooner Tailgate. How is the food at their Tailgate?

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post

The Sooner Club has asked! They set"my pledge" at a solid increase. Then throw on bonus championship points if I exceed "my pledge" by a certain higher dollar amount. The tickets for the six games including Kent and UTEP are $500 each which is a small increase. And, at least for me, for the first time, they threw on top the cost of Texas tickets which in the past were sold seperately. And I sit in the north endzone where the required donation is only $100. "My pledge" is way, way over that $100; almost enough to get into the Sooner Tailgate. How is the food at their Tailgate?
                          Beats me; I've never gone. I'd rather see the degenerates I've been seeing for years now pre-game.

But the food in the south end zone lounges is decent, for what that is worth. One benefit of 11 am games was the variety of breakfast tacos they served.

Also, be ready for a massive seat juggling act when the move is official. SEC regulations state the band and student sections cannot be on the visiting team sideline, and the number of tickets for visiting fans is around 6000, I think. Contrast that with Big 12 policy of 3000 tickets.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                          X
                          UA-124223861-1