First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patterson headed to Whorns

I didn't see it, but if this is already posted please delete.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ff-sources-say

Cool. He'll reinforce with Texas how to lose to OU.

Comment

If you can't beat him, hire him.

Comment

Who’d have guessed that things would ever become so desperate in Austin that the Horns would be rummaging through the TCU dumpster hoping to find something useful they can use to make their program respectable. GP wasn’t good enough for the Frogs but he’s a major upgrade for the burnt orange. Pretty sad even for UT.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post
          Who’d have guessed that things would ever become so desperate in Austin that the Horns would be rummaging through the TCU dumpster hoping to find something useful they can use to make their program respectable. GP wasn’t good enough for the Frogs but he’s a major upgrade for the burnt orange. Pretty sad even for UT.
          I don’t know if I’d call it desperation. Look at Patterson’s record vs UT since joining the Big 12. I don’t see how one doesn’t see this as an improvement for UT.

That said, I guess I forgot the curcumstances of Patterson’s departure from TCU, or didn’t care enough to pay attention more like. I thought he was more or less retiring. Did he get fired or resigned under pressure or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Highfligher View Post

I don’t know if I’d call it desperation. Look at Patterson’s record vs UT since joining the Big 12. I don’t see how one doesn’t see this as an improvement for UT.

That said, I guess I forgot the curcumstances of Patterson’s departure from TCU, or didn’t care enough to pay attention more like. I thought he was more or less retiring. Did he get fired or resigned under pressure or something?
            Was going to retire at the end of the season, only for the Athletic Department to say he was done halfway through the season. The Hypocrite Bitch even stood up for him and how it was wrong for TCU to do that, only while tanking OU's season

Comment

He can sweat on Sarks balls

Comment

Originally posted by Lazers pew pew pew View Post

Was going to retire at the end of the season, only for the Athletic Department to say he was done halfway through the season. The Hypocrite Bitch even stood up for him and how it was wrong for TCU to do that, only while tanking OU's season
                Ah yes… he was GOING to retire. At this point, more or less the same thing. But he’s taking another job? So much for retirement…

Comment

Comment

Ah yes… he was GOING to retire. At this point, more or less the same thing. But he’s taking another job? So much for retirement…
                    Probably a little spite towards TCU. Earn some easy cash from UT, while putting it in his old boss's ass. He's a competitor too.

Comment

The way I remember it was TCU decided to let him know before the season ended that he would not be coaching the team next year so they could get a jump on finding his replacement. He essentially told them “You can’t fire me . I quit.” Everyone involved looked bad. If I also remember correctly, there were “leaks” earlier that week of racial slurs used at practice and the fears that the locker room was lost and high profile player(s) were going to transfer out.

Comment

They going to let him sing?

Comment

Assistant "to the" Head Coach

Comment

So an alcoholic head coach and an excessive sweater DC. Theres got to be a meme there somewhere

Comment

He could have meant retire as head coach. Huge difference in responsibility between HC and some off the field coaching assistant. Looks like easy cash w/o much accountability while still staying connected in the business. I say, bank that horn money Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post

He could have meant retire as head coach. Huge difference in responsibility between HC and some off the field coaching assistant. Looks like easy cash w/o much accountability while still staying connected in the business. I say, bank that horn money Gary.
                                Still sounds like a job you have to move to. A lot of people take a job in retirement, but usually without

Comment

Evidently Sarkisian was asked what he wanted for Christmas and he said “a sweater.”

Comment

Just feels kinda sad and dirty. Do we have an analyst spot open if Mike Gundy wants to retire?

Comment

Still sounds like a job you have to move to. A lot of people take a job in retirement, but usually without
                                      Could be, but it's not that far from Ft. Worth to Austin and I'll bet a lot of what he will do could be done via Zoom calls. I moved to my retirement destination a couple of years before leaving the company and it was 300 mlies away and it worked out fine. And I still pick up some contract work just to keep busy even though I don't need the money. If I were to do it over again, I'd actually try to keep more involved in the business like Gary seems to be doing just for the social contacts. Moving to a new place to retire is harder than I thought it would be. Have to start over with friends and activities and not make "retirement" retirement from life.

Comment

Texas defense just got a lot better.

Comment

Sarkisian is hiring Gary Patterson thinking he's getting Dick Bumpas. Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post
                                            Evidently Sarkisian was asked what he wanted for Christmas and he said “a sweater.”
                                            A happy Longhorn budget office claims, it's a mere cash sweater at that.

Comment

Probably HC in waiting
                                              BOOMER!

Comment

Originally posted by IKE93 View Post
                                                Probably HC in waiting
                                                BOOMER!
                                                Well that’s gotta make Sarkisian start sweating pretty soon, too. Now the Horns are gonna a need two towel girls.

Comment

He and Del Conte are supposed to be buds. I would think there wasn't much to it, other than he and Del Conte shooting the bull, if he wasn't wearing Whorns gear. It would be the ultimate insult to Sarkisian if he gets canned and Patterson gets the HC gig.

Comment

Fatterson despises portal mania and the NIL stuff. As a HMFIC, he butted heads with everybody about it including his own roster.

Maybe instead of being a purple Tejas cheerleader he decided he could still coach and let all the roster drama be Sark’s issue to deal with?

Comment

Off field analyst.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermit View Post
                                                        Texas defense just got a lot better.
                                                        Was there a way for them to get any worse?

Comment

Originally posted by BMW View Post

Was there a way for them to get any worse?
                                                          Well, they could have stayed the same…

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post

Fatterson despises portal mania and the NIL stuff. As a HMFIC, he butted heads with everybody about it including his own roster.

Maybe instead of being a purple Tejas cheerleader he decided he could still coach and let all the roster drama be Sark’s issue to deal with?

His position with the whorns is an off field position and he is prohibited from doing any on-field coaching without being in violation of the rules. And we all know the whorns follow all NCAA rules to the letter as they told us so.

Comment

off field analyst = when my defense screws up and lets OU score 60 I can fire the defensive coordinator in the middle of the season and plug Patterson in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazers pew pew pew View Post

Probably a little spite towards TCU. Earn some easy cash from UT, while putting it in his old boss's ass. He's a competitor too.
                                                                Also we cannot forget that present whorn AD Chris del Conte was Patterson's boss and TCU AD 2009-2017. Obviously the developed a strong mutual relationship at TCU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Del_Conte

Comment

Whorns are going all out to come up with a defensive scheme to beat Kansas next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerSpock View Post

Also we cannot forget that present whorn AD Chris del Conte was Patterson's boss and TCU AD 2009-2017. Obviously the developed a strong mutual relationship at TCU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Del_Conte
                                                                    It's kind of ironic because Patterson beating the whorns ass with such frequency is probably the reason Del Conte got hired at Texas.

What else about TCU athletics during that period would make the Whorn Power brokers think.... gee, we ought to hire this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

It's kind of ironic because Patterson beating the whorns ass with such frequency is probably the reason Del Conte got hired at Texas.

What else about TCU athletics during that period would make the Whorn Power brokers think.... gee, we ought to hire this guy?
                                                                      Only thing better would be, Sark gets canned & is replaced by Patterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

del Conte also did an amazing job improving TCU facilities and improving the over sports program success while in Ft. Worth.

Comment

Comment

Jeeeezus.... how bad is it at UTerus..? Fat boy talked plenty of shiit on the whorens over his tcu career... wow.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                            X
                                                                            UA-124223861-1