Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lebby visiting Arch Manning this week

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Lebby visiting Arch Manning this week

    Oklahoma OC Jeff Lebby to Visit Arch Manning this Week (heartlandcollegesports.com)

    #2
    He would be a good get. Not going to get my hopes up though.
    Live Free or Die!

    Comment


      #3
      what kind of offense does lebby plan to run?
      I'd rather have a Kyler run offense than a rattler run offense......
      much more difficult to defend.....
      I think manning is a pure drop back passer...

      Comment


        #4
        Manning will end up at some SEC school but good to see Lebby throw our hat in the ring.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by eightisgreat View Post
          Manning will end up at some SEC school but good to see Lebby throw our hat in the ring.
          OU will be an SEC school.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post
            what kind of offense does lebby plan to run?
            I'd rather have a Kyler run offense than a rattler run offense......
            much more difficult to defend.....
            I think manning is a pure drop back passer...
            I can't imagine Lebby is going to pursue someone he feels can't effectively run his offense.

            Comment


              #7
              I would welcome Arch and long as he only brings his dad with him. Unfortunately you are going to get his uncles and grandpa too. Plus any other specialists that are involved. Too many chiefs in his head and a chance that Lebby might have zero input. Pressure for Arch to perform is going to be unreal no matter where he goes. I'm not doubting the kid's talent, just the baggage that might come with him.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post
                I would welcome Arch and long as he only brings his dad with him. Unfortunately you are going to get his uncles and grandpa too. Plus any other specialists that are involved. Too many chiefs in his head and a chance that Lebby might have zero input. Pressure for Arch to perform is going to be unreal no matter where he goes. I'm not doubting the kid's talent, just the baggage that might come with him.
                His family has been totally out of the public eye regarding his recruitment. Sure, his dad takes some recruitment trips with him and shakes hands with the HC, but he and his family have always been adamant the decision is the kid’s to make alone. Does Peyton or Eli show up once in a blue moon to cheer their nephew? Probably, but it won’t the distraction you’re worried about. And now way his dad lurks around the coaches office like some other QBs dad we’ve heard about.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by BobStoopsReal View Post

                  His family has been totally out of the public eye regarding his recruitment. Sure, his dad takes some recruitment trips with him and shakes hands with the HC, but he and his family have always been adamant the decision is the kid’s to make alone. Does Peyton or Eli show up once in a blue moon to cheer their nephew? Probably, but it won’t the distraction you’re worried about. And now way his dad lurks around the coaches office like some other QBs dad we’ve heard about.
                  I'm not talking about them helping him decide where to go. I'm talking about coaching him on technique and what he should do in a certain situation, etc It could be contrary to what Lebby wants. I'm also talking about the pressure from fans and press to live up to the name. I would want his dad to hang around because I think Cooper is funny.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Even though his name is Arch and not Archie, if he plays here I'll exclaim "Oh Awchie" like Edith Bunker when he makes a good play.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by traxx View Post
                      Even though his name is Arch and not Archie, if he plays here I'll exclaim "Oh Awchie" like Edith Bunker when he makes a good play.
                      and "meathead" when he makes a bad one?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post

                        I'm not talking about them helping him decide where to go. I'm talking about coaching him on technique and what he should do in a certain situation, etc It could be contrary to what Lebby wants. I'm also talking about the pressure from fans and press to live up to the name. I would want his dad to hang around because I think Cooper is funny.

                        It's one thing to have Lebby coaching. It's another to have 3 NFL hall of famers at the same position in your own family offering advice. Just a hunch; I'm pretty sure Lebby would work with it. Hell, Lebby might ask them for advice.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Mike Leach must have showed the Mannings his equipment shed.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Tobias 2.0 View Post


                            It's one thing to have Lebby coaching. It's another to have 3 NFL hall of famers at the same position in your own family offering advice. Just a hunch; I'm pretty sure Lebby would work with it. Hell, Lebby might ask them for advice.
                            Yes. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. See Chrissy Sims.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I am guessing that some or none of ya’ll know that Lebby has a personal connection with the Manning family. He has the best chance of all coaches to get Manning to OU!

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Wherever Arch winds up, he will be the most scrutinized, talked about, followed college QB in history.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by soonerknight View Post
                                  I am guessing that some or none of ya’ll know that Lebby has a personal connection with the Manning family. He has the best chance of all coaches to get Manning to OU!
                                  Some players want to play for specific coaches, others want to play for a specific school, others just want the most money. We dont know what Manning is going for.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by soonerknight View Post
                                    I am guessing that some or none of ya’ll know that Lebby has a personal connection with the Manning family. He has the best chance of all coaches to get Manning to OU!
                                    wait a minute....u know something the rest of us don't? really? that is so cool man..

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by Tobias 2.0 View Post


                                      It's one thing to have Lebby coaching. It's another to have 3 NFL hall of famers at the same position in your own family offering advice. Just a hunch; I'm pretty sure Lebby would work with it. Hell, Lebby might ask them for advice.
                                      Actually one HOFer. Eli may one day get there but it’s too late for dad.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

                                        Actually one HOFer. Eli may one day get there but it’s too late for dad.
                                        I stand corrected.

                                        Grandpa may still get there. I'd say Eli is a lock.

                                        At any rate, 2 of them are in the College Football HOF. Eli oughta be a lock for that as well.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post
                                          I would welcome Arch and long as he only brings his dad with him. Unfortunately you are going to get his uncles and grandpa too. Plus any other specialists that are involved. Too many chiefs in his head and a chance that Lebby might have zero input. Pressure for Arch to perform is going to be unreal no matter where he goes. I'm not doubting the kid's talent, just the baggage that might come with him.
                                          Originally posted by BobStoopsReal View Post

                                          His family has been totally out of the public eye regarding his recruitment. Sure, his dad takes some recruitment trips with him and shakes hands with the HC, but he and his family have always been adamant the decision is the kid’s to make alone. Does Peyton or Eli show up once in a blue moon to cheer their nephew? Probably, but it won’t the distraction you’re worried about. And now way his dad lurks around the coaches office like some other QBs dad we’ve heard about.
                                          I've heard that he's ruled out Tennessee and Ole Miss because he doesn't want to show favoritism. In fact, both Peyton and Eli tried to sell him on Duke because they both love David Cutcliffe, but he got fired.

                                          Live Free or Die!

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post



                                            I've heard that he's ruled out Tennessee and Ole Miss because he doesn't want to show favoritism. In fact, both Peyton and Eli tried to sell him on Duke because they both love David Cutcliffe, but he got fired.
                                            That sounds like every other rumor people throw around out there. I've gotten to the point where I don't believe any of it until it actually happens.

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              I have no inside information. But I’m going to guess he’ll go to Bama.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by OUspark View Post
                                                Mike Leach must have showed the Mannings his equipment shed.

                                                Underrated post of the day.

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post

                                                  Some players want to play for specific coaches, others want to play for a specific school, others just want the most money. We dont know what Manning is going for.
                                                  guessing with his situation....money is not one of them.

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    Imagine NOT wanting a kid because his uncles are Peyton and Eli Manning.

                                                    Comment


                                                      #27
                                                      Originally posted by Soonerjeepman View Post

                                                      guessing with his situation....money is not one of them.
                                                      his dad was not an nfl qb.....does his family have money?

                                                      Comment


                                                        #28
                                                        Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                                                        his dad was not an nfl qb.....does his family have money?
                                                        Cooper trades in energy commodities and is a millionaire multiple times over. He's also in some commercials with his brothers and does studio commentary. He ain't starving.

                                                        Comment


                                                          #29
                                                          Originally posted by novasooner View Post

                                                          Cooper trades in energy commodities and is a millionaire multiple times over. He's also in some commercials with his brothers and does studio commentary. He ain't starving.
                                                          So… somewhere between Peyton/Eli money and DB billionaire money?

                                                          Comment


                                                            #30
                                                            When, in human nature, has anyone with money just said to themselves, "hmm, I think I have enough"?

                                                            Comment


                                                              #31
                                                              Originally posted by Lazers pew pew pew View Post
                                                              When, in human nature, has anyone with money just said to themselves, "hmm, I think I have enough"?
                                                              That would be John D. Rockefeller and Andrew Carnegie when they competed to see which one could give away the most money to charity before they died.

                                                              Comment


                                                                #32
                                                                Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

                                                                That sounds like every other rumor people throw around out there. I've gotten to the point where I don't believe any of it until it actually happens.
                                                                Agreed. "Favoritism"???? I don't get that at all. Favoritism in the family? I can't imagine the rest of the Mannings would care if he picked one of those two programs if that's where he wanted to go.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #33
                                                                  Originally posted by CrimsonOberon View Post

                                                                  That would be John D. Rockefeller and Andrew Carnegie when they competed to see which one could give away the most money to charity before they died.
                                                                  Rockefeller, Carnegie, Vanderbilt...and the Mannings lol

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #34
                                                                    Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                                                                    his dad was not an nfl qb.....does his family have money?
                                                                    Well, I’m going out on a limb here…. BUT if my two uncles were NFL legend Qb’s worth millions some would prob come my way.

                                                                    * if I was the NFL Qb uncle worth millions I’d def be generous with my nieces and nephews.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #35
                                                                      Originally posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
                                                                      Well, I’m going out on a limb here…. BUT if my two uncles were NFL legend Qb’s worth millions some would prob come my way.

                                                                      * if I was the NFL Qb uncle worth millions I’d def be generous with my nieces and nephews.
                                                                      I would not;)

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #36
                                                                        Originally posted by theresonly187 View Post

                                                                        his dad was not an nfl qb.....does his family have money?
                                                                        Originally posted by novasooner View Post

                                                                        Cooper trades in energy commodities and is a millionaire multiple times over. He's also in some commercials with his brothers and does studio commentary. He ain't starving.
                                                                        Archie, Peyton, Eli and Cooper are spokesmen for Ceasars sports book.
                                                                        Live Free or Die!

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #37
                                                                          Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post

                                                                          OU will be an SEC school.
                                                                          But only for the last year or two of Arch's CFB career. If he were to come out for the NFL after his junior in 2024 perhaps none of his career.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #38
                                                                            Originally posted by SoonerSpock View Post

                                                                            But only for the last year or two of Arch's CFB career. If he were to come out for the NFL after his junior in 2024 perhaps none of his career.
                                                                            He is 2023. We will probably be in the SEC his true freshman year. At worst, we start SEC play in 2025, his true junior year.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #39
                                                                              Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post

                                                                              He is 2023. We will probably be in the SEC his true freshman year. At worst, we start SEC play in 2025, his true junior year.
                                                                              I think the chances we are playing in the SEC in 2023 and very close to nil. But that is just an opinion the need for OU and Joe C's financial logic to avoid paying a penalty for early withdrawal from the Big 12. Castiglione did not operate the OU athletic program by huge multimillion dollar penalties. I see 2025 as most likely with a remote chance it is 2024.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                #40
                                                                                Originally posted by SoonerSpock View Post

                                                                                I think the chances we are playing in the SEC in 2023 and very close to nil. But that is just an opinion the need for OU and Joe C's financial logic to avoid paying a penalty for early withdrawal from the Big 12. Castiglione did not operate the OU athletic program by huge multimillion dollar penalties. I see 2025 as most likely with a remote chance it is 2024.
                                                                                I hope that’s not the case. I would’ve hoped they had a plan to exit sooner when all this came down.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  #41
                                                                                  OU has produced 4 different Heisman winning QBs in the less than 20 years....under 3 separate OC's.

                                                                                  2 more Heisman QB runners-up. 3 total #1 draft picks at the position.



                                                                                  OU would provide the setting for Manning (or really any QB) to check every box. Development, success, visibility, fame, money....whatever. All of it.


                                                                                  Won't hold my breath but a Manning QB in Norman would be a lot of fun. It's actually a pretty good match when you think about it.


                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    #42
                                                                                    Don't know why anyone on here would want Arch Manning after most everyone on here has already said that he is overrated...

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

                                                                                      I hope that’s not the case. I would’ve hoped they had a plan to exit sooner when all this came down.
                                                                                      Agreed. The LAST thing we need is two more years of potential upset losses to Baylor, Cincinnati, and BYU while trying to recruit against the powers of the SEC

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by soonergrad View Post
                                                                                        Don't know why anyone on here would want Arch Manning after most everyone on here has already said that he is overrated...
                                                                                        We already had our QB, and anyone that's not our QB is trash. That's how it works.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          #45
                                                                                          I have no idea how good Arch is. I'm sure he's a top QB.

                                                                                          I'm just not sure I want all the drama, hype and baggage that comes with prodigy from a QB family.

                                                                                          I'm sure it won't be Lavar Ball bad, but still.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by soonergrad View Post
                                                                                            Don't know why anyone on here would want Arch Manning after most everyone on here has already said that he is overrated...
                                                                                            Most everyone, huh?

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Mark.in.Tulsa View Post
                                                                                              I have no idea how good Arch is. I'm sure he's a top QB.

                                                                                              I'm just not sure I want all the drama, hype and baggage that comes with prodigy from a QB family.

                                                                                              I'm sure it won't be Lavar Ball bad, but still.
                                                                                              Peyton and Eli didnt seem to have any drama around them until it was time for the draft (unless you count Peyton teabagging trainers while he was at Tennessee). Yeah, there has been some crazy parents but it doesnt appear that the Manning's have ever been in that category

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post

                                                                                                OU will be an SEC school.
                                                                                                True obviously, I meant immediately. The "will be" isn't the same as is. I don't think OU/Whorn is going to SEC for a few years and I think Whorn is driving that decision - as usual. Let's face it, neither is in a position to make that jump and be successful. I think it is very possible we don't go until 2025 or the year before. Manning isn't going to wait for that circus to unfold.

                                                                                                So, I'll rephrase my response. Manning will end up at some current SEC school.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by eightisgreat View Post

                                                                                                  So, I'll rephrase my response. Manning will end up at some current SEC school.
                                                                                                  Well, with OU taking the commitment from the kid at Denton I certainly think that improves the odds of this happening.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by soonergrad View Post
                                                                                                    Don't know why anyone on here would want Arch Manning after most everyone on here has already said that he is overrated...
                                                                                                    Because he is. Feel free to watch his vids. Arnold shut that door for him. Worry about your team

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Go To Top

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1