First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

41 points before and 38 after the half. Seems pretty even to me.

No game had the flurry of offense this one did. Mahomes had 188 yards and a 157 rating after the two minute warning. 25 points in the final two minutes.
    That's why I compared it more to the 77 AFC Divisional game. But it was the last 2 minutes. But that game went back and forth the 4th quarter leading to a last second score to tie it then the Raiders win in OT. There are differences obviously the OT period had both teams with possessions with the ball before the Casper play. But you are right the are probably no playoff games like that. Maybe some regular season games come to mind though. 83 Redskins/Packers MNF game that had over 30 points in the 4th quarter. The Redskins later that year against the Raiders had a 35 point 4th quarter. Manning scored like 3 TDs in 4 minutes on MNF. But something like that final 2 minutes it probably hasn't happened.

Comment

Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post

Oh yeah, I remember. My attitude then was the largely the same it is now. Maybe have the D play D and not give up a TD. Chiefs D reverted to form last night, and will be a problem for them the way it has been in all those years when they didn't win a Super Bowl. I saw nothing yesterday to indicate that they will be able to stop Chase next week, and he tore them a new one a few weeks ago.
      Chase was certainly an issue for us but Burrow was on record after the game stating the officiating went hugely in their favor in the win. I don't expect the same in KC. Regardless, Cinci will come to play and we will need to play solid football again. This is the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by SiggyPoke View Post

Chase was certainly an issue for us but Burrow was on record after the game stating the officiating went hugely in their favor in the win. I don't expect the same in KC. Regardless, Cinci will come to play and we will need to play solid football again. This is the playoffs.
        I’m not one to cry about the refs but that game was terrible. Forget the ghost calls st he end including the one that wiped out stopping them on the goal line. Chase was allowed o push off the whole game. I’m thinking Sunday will be different. Last night’s crowd was loud af. We’re going to need that again.

Comment

I’m not one to cry about the refs but that game was terrible. Forget the ghost calls st he end including the one that wiped out stopping them on the goal line. Chase was allowed o push off the whole game. I’m thinking Sunday will be different. Last night’s crowd was loud af. We’re going to need that again.
          I couldn't agree with you more. Of course the so-called experts have Cinci beating us by 3.

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more. Of course the so-called experts have Cinci beating us by 3.
            I’m not afraid to play anyone. Cincy is strutting around like they own the place. Come on over.

Comment

What experts?

Comment

I still don't understand the Bills approach with 13 seconds left.

Kick it out the EZ... dumb

When the chiefs line up to run the first play, immediately tackle every eligible receiver, run the clock, take the penalty. Line up and do it again with another massive 5yd hold penalty or Defensive PI right near the line. Just run the dang clock. Hell rush 2, spy 1, everyone else is tackling anyone in a chiefs uniform. Yeah it may not be the way most would approach it, but, what the bills did was trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post
                  I still don't understand the Bills approach with 13 seconds left.

Kick it out the EZ... dumb

When the chiefs line up to run the first play, immediately tackle every eligible receiver, run the clock, take the penalty. Line up and do it again with another massive 5yd hold penalty or Defensive PI right near the line. Just run the dang clock. Hell rush 2, spy 1, everyone else is tackling anyone in a chiefs uniform. Yeah it may not be the way most would approach it, but, what the bills did was trash.
                  They were also guarding the sidelines leaving the middle open although the Chiefs had a TO or 2 left. Just a complete meltdown on their part. When I saw their entire sideline hugging and not paying attention, I sent a text to a few buddies that were watching the game. It simply said 'this ain't over'

Saying that, I don't disagree with the kickoff. I see that both ways. KC could have fair caught it inside the 25 and accomplished the same thing. Or they could have busted a long return or even score. All those odds were pretty low including gaining 40 some yards in 2 plays and knocking down a 50 yard FG. The Bills are just cursed.

Comment

Kelce with 8/96 and one TD including the two biggest catches of the day. He said on the catch at the end of regulation it was just good old back yard ball.
                    Heard he said he ran his own route.. told Mahomes. Said no matter what the call is he was running that route.

Comment

Originally posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
                      Heard he said he ran his own route.. told Mahomes. Said no matter what the call is he was running that route.
                      They were, for whatever reason, playing the sidelines. When they rehuddled he told Patrick he was breaking the pattern. You can hear Patrick saying “do it Kelce”.
                      Last edited by KCRuf/Nek; 01-25-2022, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Did not get to watch it live. Recorded it and watched it yesterday morning after returning from a dentist appointment. I had no idea of the score or the outcome. Great 4th quarter. Haven't seen an NFL game like that in quite a while.
                        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

What experts?
                          CBS Sports predictions.

Comment

CBS Sports predictions.
                            Are you referring to 1 guy named Bryan? Not really sure I would count him to be 'experts'.

Comment

Are you referring to 1 guy named Bryan? Not really sure I would count him to be 'experts'.
                              Well, I'm sure Bryan would disagree with you.

Comment

His predictions aren't worth shit.

Live Free or Die!

Comment

He would disagree that he shouldn't be referred to in the plural form?

Comment

He would disagree that he shouldn't be referred to in the plural form?
                                    No, he would like that.

Comment

So Bryan gets paid a shit load of money and two DB experts think he should be berated?

Go Chiefs!

Comment

Originally posted by OUspark View Post
                                        So Bryan gets paid a shit load of money and two DB experts think he should be berated?

Go Chiefs!
                                        Gets paid a shit ton of money for giving an opinion that's no better than the average hobo on the street.

Go Chefs!

Comment

Gets paid a shit ton of money for giving an opinion that's no better than the average hobo on the street.

Go Chefs!
                                          But more than DB pays us? Amirite? Have you gotten a DB check?

Comment

But more than DB pays us? Amirite? Have you gotten a DB check?

No. CHP is a tight ass.

Comment

Those calling for a squib kick should have watched TBOW coaching calls at the Rose Bowl. Kick it thru the endzone.
                                              Then, with 13 seconds left, every DB and LB has one job....tackle every receiver, including running backs, and hold on for the whistle. Nothing wrong with pass interference penalties as long as the interference occurs at very beginning of the play.

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post
                                                Those calling for a squib kick should have watched TBOW coaching calls at the Rose Bowl. Kick it thru the endzone.
                                                Then, with 13 seconds left, every DB and LB has one job....tackle every receiver, including running backs, and hold on for the whistle. Nothing wrong with pass interference penalties as long as the interference occurs at very beginning of the play.
                                                All players need to properly execute plays, including kickers. Lack of execution cost them dearly.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Remember when some people said they were "done" with the NFL?

42.7 million people watched the Kansas City Chiefs’ thrilling win over the Buffalo Bills

Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen put on a show, and the National Football League benefited with its most-watched divisional playoff game in five years.

The Kansas City Chiefs’ 42-36 overtime win against the Buffalo Bills averaged 42.7 million viewers on Sunday, ViacomCBS reported. The network said the contest peaked with 51.6 million viewers. The Chiefs-Bills game produced one of the most memorable and drama-filled playoff endings in NFL history.

After trailing the Chiefs 33-29, with one minute remaining in the game, Allen led a six-play, 75-yard drive to give the Bills a 36-33 lead with 13 seconds to play. Mahomes responded with a three-play, 45-yard drive, and the Chiefs tied the game at 36 with a field goal. And in overtime, Mahomes led an eight-play, 75-yard drive and threw the game-winning touchdown to tight end Travis Kelce to advance the Chiefs to the AFC title game.

CBS Sports’ telecast was the most-watched divisional postseason game on any network since 2017. That year, the Green Bay Packers beat the Dallas Cowboys in January and averaged 48.5 million viewers.

Sunday’s contest was also up 18% compared with last year’s comparable game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New Orleans Saints. That game averaged 36.3 million viewers. The Chiefs-Bills game also surpassed CBS Sports’ peak from its wild card showing between the San Francisco 49ers and Cowboys on Jan. 16. That contest peaked at 50.2 million viewers.

Josh Allen #17 of the Buffalo Bills runs with the ball as Frank Clark #55 of the Kansas City Chiefs defends during the AFC Divisional Playoff game at Arrowhead Stadium on January 23, 2022 in Kansas City, Missouri.
                                                      Jamie Squire | Getty Images

On Saturday, the network aired the Cincinnati Bengals playoff win over the top-seeded Tennessee Titans. The game averaged 30.7 million viewers and peaked at 38.3 million.

Fox Sports’ NFL playoff game featuring the 49ers’ 13-10 victory over the Packers averaged 36.9 million viewers Saturday. Fox also said the game is up 40% over last year’s comparable contest featuring the Bills and the Baltimore Ravens, which averaged 26.3 million viewers.

NBC Sports’ contest featured the Rams’ game-winning field goal over the Bucs on Sunday. The network said the game averaged 40 million total viewers across its platforms, including streaming. And of that figure, 38.1 million viewers were on NBC-TV only.

On the advertising front, metrics firm EDO estimates companies spent a combined $178 million on ads aired during the NFL’s four playoff games last weekend.

EDO uses analytics that track brand and product searches and sales when ads air, helping companies and networks determine an ad’s value during sporting events.

EDO said the NFL games generated an additional 13 million online searches for advertisers.
                                                      The Kansas City Chiefs' overtime win over the Buffalo Bills peaked at 51.6 million viewers and produced one of the most memorable NFL playoff endings.
                                                      Live Free or Die!

Comment

They quit kneeling like fools. People started watching and going to games again.

Comment

They quit kneeling like fools. People started watching and going to games again.
                                                          They’re still a bunch of woke fucks. Didn’t you get a social Justice stocking cap?

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                                            Remember when some people said they were "done" with the NFL?

42.7 million people watched the Kansas City Chiefs’ thrilling win over the Buffalo Bills

Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen put on a show, and the National Football League benefited with its most-watched divisional playoff game in five years.

The Kansas City Chiefs’ 42-36 overtime win against the Buffalo Bills averaged 42.7 million viewers on Sunday, ViacomCBS reported. The network said the contest peaked with 51.6 million viewers. The Chiefs-Bills game produced one of the most memorable and drama-filled playoff endings in NFL history.

After trailing the Chiefs 33-29, with one minute remaining in the game, Allen led a six-play, 75-yard drive to give the Bills a 36-33 lead with 13 seconds to play. Mahomes responded with a three-play, 45-yard drive, and the Chiefs tied the game at 36 with a field goal. And in overtime, Mahomes led an eight-play, 75-yard drive and threw the game-winning touchdown to tight end Travis Kelce to advance the Chiefs to the AFC title game.

CBS Sports’ telecast was the most-watched divisional postseason game on any network since 2017. That year, the Green Bay Packers beat the Dallas Cowboys in January and averaged 48.5 million viewers.

Sunday’s contest was also up 18% compared with last year’s comparable game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New Orleans Saints. That game averaged 36.3 million viewers. The Chiefs-Bills game also surpassed CBS Sports’ peak from its wild card showing between the San Francisco 49ers and Cowboys on Jan. 16. That contest peaked at 50.2 million viewers.

Josh Allen #17 of the Buffalo Bills runs with the ball as Frank Clark #55 of the Kansas City Chiefs defends during the AFC Divisional Playoff game at Arrowhead Stadium on January 23, 2022 in Kansas City, Missouri.
                                                            Jamie Squire | Getty Images

On Saturday, the network aired the Cincinnati Bengals playoff win over the top-seeded Tennessee Titans. The game averaged 30.7 million viewers and peaked at 38.3 million.

Fox Sports’ NFL playoff game featuring the 49ers’ 13-10 victory over the Packers averaged 36.9 million viewers Saturday. Fox also said the game is up 40% over last year’s comparable contest featuring the Bills and the Baltimore Ravens, which averaged 26.3 million viewers.

NBC Sports’ contest featured the Rams’ game-winning field goal over the Bucs on Sunday. The network said the game averaged 40 million total viewers across its platforms, including streaming. And of that figure, 38.1 million viewers were on NBC-TV only.

On the advertising front, metrics firm EDO estimates companies spent a combined $178 million on ads aired during the NFL’s four playoff games last weekend.

EDO uses analytics that track brand and product searches and sales when ads air, helping companies and networks determine an ad’s value during sporting events.

EDO said the NFL games generated an additional 13 million online searches for advertisers.
                                                            Not exactly week 5 garbage game. Basically had the game of the year/real SB build up. And after the other three games were so tight this got even more hype. Of course people were watching it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                            X
                                                            UA-124223861-1