First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Game 2022

Pretty much burned out on the daily dramatics. Looking forward to seeing the progress made in pulling the program out of the ditch. Any idea what Saturday in April the game will happen? Besides, a trip back to campus always raises my spirits.

Originally posted by Plano78 View Post
    Pretty much burned out on the daily dramatics. Looking forward to seeing the progress made in pulling the program out of the ditch. Any idea what Saturday in April the game will happen? Besides, a trip back to campus always raises my spirits.
    Probably not Easter weekend, so I’ll guess April 2 or April 9. This year should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Bump View Post

Probably not Easter weekend, so I’ll guess April 2 or April 9. This year should be interesting.
      It would appear and would only be fair if every player starts with a clean slate. Should be a very entertaining spring. Let the position battles begin. Boomer!

Comment

Does Brent like 2-Chainz?
        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Suspect BV intensely thinking about the development of his football team instead of which band from Muleshoe to bring to Norman.

Whenever it is, would he wonderful to have the stadium packed, including the upper decks. If Bama and tOSU can do it, why not OU?

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
            Does Brent like 2-Chainz?
            If you’re tying your woman to the bed, I find that ropes are better than chains….chains leave marks. So if it’s the neighbor’s wife you are tying up, you have to be mindful of that. Or so I hear.

But if you are using chains, 2 isn’t enough.

Comment

Heard that USC is bringing in yoga mats for all of their spring game fans, and they will be given cards with individual mantras to chant. while sounds from a dying redwood are piped in through the PA systerm.
              At some point, a PETA representative will place a symbolic football made of veggie leather on a tee and announce the opening of the spring game. The thunderous sound of hundreds of hands slapping martini glasses will follow, and the Lincoln Riley era will be under way.

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery Pete View Post
                Heard that USC is bringing in yoga mats for all of their spring game fans, and they will be given cards with individual mantras to chant. while sounds from a dying redwood are piped in through the PA systerm.
                At some point, a PETA representative will place a symbolic football made of veggie leather on a tee and announce the opening of the spring game. The thunderous sound of hundreds of hands slapping martini glasses will follow, and the Lincoln Riley era will be under way.
                I'd heard they are giving kettle bells at the gate and fans must lunge walk to their seats.

Comment

Originally posted by GimmeVaughn View Post

I'd heard they are giving kettle bells at the gate and fans must lunge walk to their seats.
                  Where are they gonna find a dozen kettle bells they can give away?

Comment

Originally posted by GimmeVaughn View Post

And I heard it was moon walking!

Comment

I'm sure OU will.announce and then A&M and texass.will.schedule.same.day

Comment

Maybe we will finally get White Snake! (whoever used to post this every year)

Comment

Maybe Brent will bring back the Varsity vs. Alumni Game? Good measuring stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Plano78 View Post
                            Maybe Brent will bring back the Varsity vs. Alumni Game? Good measuring stick.
                            That would be cool..

Comment

I'll never forget the last one. 1982. The alums had Mike Babb who had been a good DB at OU as their running back (since none of the NFL type guys could play in the game). Mike had a great game and was the Alumni player of the game.

That night, we went to Buckaroos, which was the current incarnation of that weird looking castle building on Lindsey over by the El Rancho on the old 24th street curve. Babb was there with some other old players. I knew him and Sherwood Taylor (they were both starters from Ada) a little bit so we visited about the game he had played. Later we happened to be walking out at the same time and he said he had hurt his knee in the game and was going to the Doctor that Monday to see if he needed surgery.

They decided he needed surgery and scheduled it. He died on the table. And although the Varsity Alumni game was already slowly dwindling away because they could no longer access the best alums, Mike Babb's death was the basically the final straw.

In it's heyday it was quite the game. OU's pros would come back and they would beat all those great Bud teams. OU won 47 straight games from mid 1953 through mid 1957 but they never beat the alums once during that stretch.

And one final thing. Mike Babb was a heck of a player for OU. Tough as they come.
                              Last edited by Ruprecht; 01-25-2022, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Recall a game in the late 50s with Buddy Burris, Jim Weatherall, and most of the stars of the 47 game streak, and Ole' Cactus Face Duggan on the sidelines at Owen Field.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                X
                                UA-124223861-1